Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Hilton Seattle Airport
17620 International Boulevard
Seattle, WA 98188Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spencersforsteaksandchops.com/seattle
- Phone: 2062487153x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am; Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am and Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Clay Blake
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Celebrate New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas at Spencer's. We are open and looking forward to making your holidays memorable
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Spencer's is prime beef, pure and simple. Aged, hand cut, and seared to perfection. This is the ultimate steakhouse – great steaks and gleaming martinis. Service that's relaxed and attentive. An extensive wine list with wonderful Northwest selections. Seafood, chops and innovative side dishes with an undeniably creative flair. Celebrate life with the perfect steak served in style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Seattle On BusinessEricDined on 10/2/2014I liked this place. Close to Airport and Hotels. It is actually in the Hilton Lobby. Certainly on the pricey side. Food and service were good. A little loud.Special Features:
- pricey but worth itjpborn4jcDined on 9/30/2014Spencers was definitely out of our normal dining price range, but it certainly did not disappoint. The service was excellent and the food was phenomenal. My steak was perfectly cooked, needed no sauce or seasoning and melted in my mouth. The sides were good though nothing special except for the lobster and cauliflower in cream sauce, which was spectacular. We have not been to Ruths chris yet, but that aside this is the best steak I've had in Seattle thus far and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what we gotAKFineVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was average and it was way over priced for average food.
- Good franchise restaurantJustfoodforfunDined on 9/12/2014When you dine at spencers you usually know what you get, good age steaks cooked right the first time with a great wine list in a pleasant environment. As usual the service was outstanding. Their family style side dishes seem to be getting a little smaller and although our steaks were cooked right and did have flavor for $40-$50 per steak al carte they weren't as good as I would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for an eveningChrisDined on 8/9/2014Spencer's is located within the Seatac Hilton, but it's a great spot for dinner regardless of whether you are staying at the hotel. The steaks are prepared well with a large variety of different enhancements available ranging from truffle sauce to blue cheese. The atmosphere is open, however the noise level is low making conversation easy. The wine list is top-notch whether looking for a bottle or options by the glass. Nice location to make a night of it by staying in the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE FOR STEAKS!!SVANAKENDined on 7/29/2014If you live in South King County, there is no need to go downtown or to the eastside for good steaks! Spencer's for Steaks and Chops have a selection to rival Ruth's Chris and Howie's Steak Houses. My selected steak was cooked to perfection, the side dish selection was boutiful and the tossed salads were not only tasty but works of arts. Our wait person (David G.) gave us the right amount of attention while allowing my husband and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Manager (Leah) also came by our table to wish us a "Happy Anniversary". These personal touches and introductions were very special and most appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way over prices for the qualityAKFineVIPDined on 7/22/2014Should have known but I tried this again and was disappointed again. Way over priced, quality of the steak was poor, veggies over cooked and had a tasteless oily substance on them, potatoes not very good, mushrooms had really weird flavor so I did not eat them. Poor overall quality and service was mediocre at best.
- DissapointingJoycetylerDined on 7/22/2014We dined here due to ratings on Open Table. Firstly, parking was nearly impossible, and we ended up parking in a 15 minute spot rather that walk entirely around the hotel. It was very expensive (hotel based restaurant) and the food was mediocre. Our steak (we asked for Chicago Style) was hardly charred, sides came out after the steak and were cold, and the service was not what you expect from a Ruth's Chirs pricetag establishment. We voiced our dissapointed (to a bus person) and the manager came by and did comp the $20 sides and a dessert, and that was gracious, but the waiter never would done so (in my opinion). Next time, we will drive the 15 miles to Daniel's in Bellevue.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews archive.
- Good food and convenientDenspicksVIPDined on 6/9/2014The crab tower is a must if you love seafood. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable. I recommend Spencer's to everyone who stays at the Seatac HiltonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for food lover!w2dfDined on 5/30/2014It's a steak house so expect your main dish to include meat and meat only. If you want your meat with other veggies or add-ons, you have to pay quite a lot extra for generous amount of them. The sweet potato fries was awesome even after re-baked at home a couple time. Yum yum! Great wine list and selection and pricing. Ok beer on tap selection. Free valet parking. A bit too noisy for a romantic night out. Tables and chairs are old and kind of lame looking for a classy dinning experience.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 5/11/2014Fine dining, casual elegant atmosphere, well prepared food, and good service. All the ingredients for a nice dinning experience. Service was lacking on this outing, assume waiter was having an off night. Have eaten at Spenser's in the past and have been well satisfied. In a Hilton hotel and close to Seatac Airport so very traveller convenient. Will try again next time in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014We came in for restaurant week and had lunch. The food was very good and our server as well, she said she had worked there for some twenty years and was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are suppose to be knownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014They are suppose to be known for their steak, but we ordered the filet and it was not that great. We did go for restaurant week though and ordered off that menu, so that could be why. Our server (David Goda) was friendly and checked up on us quite often and in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Okay, but overall disappointingFoodieGVIPDined on 3/14/2014The ambiance was charming and quiet - in fact for a Friday evening when most restaurants in the area were beyond capacity, there were only a handful of people in the restaurant. The food itself could only be described as mediocre - especially if you consider the inflated prices asked for the meals. The kid's meals tasted as though they came out of a can, the steak was overcooked and chewy, the halibut was a little overcooked but not bad. Considering the kitchen was so slow that evening, there was no reason to have such an uninspired product. Can't say that we'd ever go back.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/12/2014Rack of lamb cooked to perfection. Their beet salad is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONT GO AGAIN.KurtDined on 3/11/2014USUALLY WE ASK LEMON FOR WATER, AND THEY COME ON A NICE LITTLE PLATE, BUT AT THIS VERY SPECIAL RESTAURANT, THE MANGER CLAIMS THAT IT IS THEIR POLICY TO SERVE LEMON ON COCKTAIL NAPKINS....OK I GUESS I WAS EXPECTING TOO MUCH FROM THIS PLACE..
- Excellent food and serviceBeckyDined on 2/22/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how great the food was. The filet mignon with bacon and bleu cheese was savory and cooked just right. The sautéed mushrooms were to die for! The wait staff was very professional and attentive. I would definitely come back again. Thank you for a fantastic date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant had a special menu for Valentine's Day - it was very good.Special Features:
- 1st time dining at Spencer's.chickDined on 2/13/20141st time dining at Spencer's. The food was average. Did not like the atmosphere, dining room located in the lobby. Would not recommend, nor return.
- Great foodTheGeezDined on 2/11/2014Great food...my favorite waiter. However, VERY disappointed that the Creme Brule is not on the menu anymore as my wife said it was the best in town!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have meetings there 5 to 10CoopVIPDined on 1/27/2014A year ... Great staff... Many have been there for years. Great salads ... Easy free valet parking ... Equal to a Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- at SEATAC - the Hilton is greatTheGeneralVIPDined on 1/18/2014The "last night" on any trip, I am here at the Hilton SEATAC and Spencer's is one of the reasons why I turn in my Hertz car, ride the shuttle over and grab a bite for dinner. Ate her the night before (17th) as they have 1,000 point tables (5-6pm or so) and then a good breakfast for Diamond members is included. It is a great place,I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Hit It" at SETAC!TheGeneralVIPDined on 1/17/2014The "last night" on any trip, I am here at the Hilton SEATAC and Spencer's is one of the reasons why I turn in my Hertz car, ride the shuttle over and grab a bite for dinner. Ate her the night before (17th) as they have 1,000 point tables (5-6pm or so) and then a good breakfast for Diamond members is included. It is a great place,
- This restaurant is part ofjmp537Dined on 1/5/2014This restaurant is part of a Hilton hotel; do not park in the garage. Instead, go with valet parking, get it validated, and tip the valet. If not, you will be paying $13 just to park. The brunch is a typical hotel brunch with omelets made to order, french toast, sausage and bacon, fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal (with nuts, dried fruit, and brown sugar available), a variety of breads (croissants, thick sliced bread, bagels), cereal, and a variety of juices, and milk. Brunch was good but nothing really outstanding to make it worth $20. My wife ordered the vegetable frittata off the menu and said it was delicious and the tomatillo salsa was delectable, but wished the vegetables had been chopped up more.
- Valet only parking was a negativeTomevaDined on 12/25/2013Valet only parking was a negative but they validated so it worked out. Excellent service and quality food. We enjoyed ourselves and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the prices on the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2013For the prices on the dinner menu I expected more elegance, smaller more intimate seating area. Seemed more appropriate for a lunch area for a hotel conference. Service was adequate. We wanted wine with dinner but the server didn't check back with us and the next think we knew the meals were on the table. I quickly got her attention to order a bottle so we could begin our meal. But, she waited on a couple more tables before getting our wine. Timing was disappointing. Food was perfectly prepared though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodken0001VIPDined on 12/18/2013you need to find parking lot first, is very busy! and once you get a parking stall you need to walk all the way to the hotel. the restaurant is not too big, is the middle of a lobby. the service is very good. the food awesome, not the best one i had but almost. the salads are to die for.. they are big, enough to share, then steaks and side dishes are big! :D great selection of wines and dessert oh my! deliciousSpecial Features:
- Service is EXCEPTIONAL FooddajmVIPDined on 11/29/2013Service is EXCEPTIONAL Food is EXCELLENT Would ABSOLUTELY recommend this restuarant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer for familymoondogladyDined on 11/28/2013my family attended Thanksgiving dinner at Spencers. I was able to make a last minute reservation for 9 people. I was disappointed a little. I expected extra care to be taken for Thanksgiving dinner. I was promised a traditional Thanksgiving menu. the Thanksgiving menu was scarcely altered from an average day menu. we still had a fabulous and memorable occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer'sbrigulDined on 11/10/2013My friend and me had our steaks in the bar and they were fabulous. The bartender was extremely helpful in drink selection and in making sure our steaks were cooked perfectly. Good bourbon and beer selection . Side order of the mac & cheese - it's Good!! The venue is different BECAUSE it's right in the middle of the hotel lobby. Its Northwest Casual. Also Validated valet Parking. It sure beats going downtown....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey A La cart menu. shouldnujackkDined on 11/7/2013Pricey A La cart menu. should expect to spend around 65+ per person for a full meal. The sides are supposed to be large enough to share. The food and drinks are excellent quality.Special Features:
- Last hope for a good lunchFredDined on 9/22/2013The crab cakes were very good. The steak with the blue cheese salad left a great deal some where else it sure was not with the meal. We will not return to this establishment.
- Waiter had no pride in his workHFK1Dined on 8/26/2013I hosted a client dinner here because of the location and the "Chop House" theme. I have had decent meals here before but this time the food was marginally warm and the service lacking. I am guessing it was just the waiter.
- Awesome...KrazyulyssesDined on 8/20/2013Spencer's is an awesome place to eat. I took my girlfriend here for a romantic dinner and was not disappointed. It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny. Will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was tough.KimmyDined on 7/26/2013The spencer steak their special steal was terrible: griddle and barely curable. Food here is ok but doesn't rate the prices
- Off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2013Maybe this was an off night, but for this price there are better steakhouses in Seattle. The Spencer's salad with cheese and Asian pear was lovely; well-balanced, fresh, with crisp pear slices and just the right amount of vinaigrette. Flakes of nut brittle were a nice alternative to the traditional glazed pecans or walnuts. Creamed spinach was a delicious side, as were roasted brussel sprouts. My filet, however, was more medium well than medium rare, as were all the steaks at our table. I'd have sent it back if time had not been an issue. The blue cheese and bacon topping was tasty, but the volume of it overwhelmed the steak. Prices were high and everything a la carte. If you want a great $50 steak, try Metropolitan Grill or El Gaucho.Special Features:
- Just the steak!JonesyflaDined on 6/23/2013Great Steak. As far as the sides, a need to revamp the SIDES menu. Butter and garlic sauteed mushrooms NOT the bacon-onion- mushroom compilation we had thrown at us. Cauliflower lobster? Cauliflower was hard and crunchy and the lobster totally masked by the Pernod. Cook the cauliflower, lose the Pernod, change the cheese to a lighter gouda sauce or fresh Romano sprinkled. Spinach had to be pulled apart. Way too much cheese. Fresh and unmasked "SIDES"Let us taste mushrooms, cauliflower, or spinach. We love Shula's or Berns of Tampa. You're priced with them but something as simple as side dishes really hurt you. The salads were very good. How about keeping a spare onsite key to the white wine cooler? Good luck.
- Was acceptableTwardoDined on 5/3/2013Service staff was outstanding but the steaks were nothing to write home about. The rest of the meal was fantastic but hard to get over the poor quality of the steaks and ability to cook themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would rate the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013I would rate the ambiance higher, but, it is in the lobby of the hotel. That said, we loved the food and our server. We truly enjoyed our experience!Special Features:
- I ate light and had six oysters.PizzaEaterVIPDined on 4/16/2013I ate light and had six oysters. They were good. Also different. They were served with a green sauce which was good . However, the typical horseradish sauce was not available and it is not served with crackers.