Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/spencers
- Phone: (407) 313-8625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Check Availiability for Sunday and Monday Dinning
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Spencer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Us for Your Next Event.
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays live music.
- Special Events: We are able to custom create a special evening for and your guests. For further information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Special holiday menus are also available. Check with the restaurant for details.
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Sophisticated and approachable, this New American Steakhouse redefines the classic steakhouse with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Spencer’s features the Prime Spencer’s Cut that is dry-aged 21 to 28 days and Fresh from Florida beef, local seafood and local organic produce, over twenty wines by the glass and scratch made cocktails. Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops features a private 12 seat dining room, wine room, open-display kitchen, private bar and outdoor terrace overlooking resort amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great dinner spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Afrer lookin through countless websites and directeries we decided to dine at spencers, as we were staying at the hilton and had been at universal all day! Boy were we not let down! Attentive service, great setting, and the food! Oh man! I had the bison ribeye and i was not let down cooked perfectly melt in your mouth steak! The girlfriend had the baked chicken and I of course had a bite and her dish was just as delish!! If your in the orland area looking for a high end steak, spencers is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food was great. The portions were way to big. We split a steak and potatoes and still too much food. The large portion cashed a large price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppreciatesFineFoodDined on 10/23/2014The food and my server, Jacki, were so wonderful, I had the hostess find the manager so I could tell him so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good, food overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014The service was very good. The price of what you received was very high. Probably won't go back. There are other places in the area much less expensive. People kept walking by out table to set up outside. Not what I expect from spending $100 per person.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Our server, Che, was amazing! Request him for a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014Crab cakes were marvelous. Steak was cooked correctly.
- Never ceases to AMAZE!GaryHVIPDined on 9/26/2014After 4 years of going to Spencer's it is pretty safe to say that I know the restaurant very well, but I still get excited over magical dining, when you are able to try new favorites as part of a price fix menu. The iceberg salad, which is basically the best version of a wedge salad I have ever had was amazing. My fiancée goes nuts over the crab cakes and rightfully so. The filet is ALWAYS juicy and flavorful and the new deserts are wonderful (just do yourself a favor and get the grand mariner cake). Also if you make your reservation ahead of time you might be able to request Che as your server. He is an absolute delight and the most intricate part of what elevates the entire meal from excellent to exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-fired goodnessFoodvezDined on 9/22/2014The filet was very good, tender and nicely seasoned. However, this was after it had to be re-fired on the grill. Asked for medium to medium well, waitstaff recommended what they call a medium+. Sounded like what I wanted, except it came out medium rare pink and chewy. After they re-fired though it was perfect. Would have gone 4 star, but the same thing happened twice to another in our party. It was rather busy that evening, and this understandably can happen on occasion, but not 3 times at one table. If you're going to call yourself a steakhouse, you need to know how to fire a steak the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We were at the hotel for a convention. Our server Mitch was excellent with seemless, unobtrusive service. The food was outstanding! We will definitely return to Spencer's.Special Features:
- Not up to ratingsBeershebaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Excellent food, especially the steaks, but the service was sorely lacking. Even though they were only about half full on a Monday night, it took almost an hour for our first course to arrive, the second course another 45 minutes. After we had to ask for the check it was brought, but the waiter never returned. We had to ask another waiter to take our card. Hopefully they were just having a particularly bad night, because the steak was perfect. The wine list is extensive with some excellent choices. The sides were very good, but over-salted. The first course of heirloom tomatoes and burrata was quite good and adequate to split. Unfortunately they seem to be geared to an expense-account clientele whom they do not expect to return.Special Features:
- Richard...Y2KDDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely the main reason this place gets 5 stars, our server! Richard was phenomenal! We both have dietary restrictions and allergies and this man went out of his way OVER and OVER again! We normally just "make do" but, he absolutely made sure we dined sufficiently! I highly recommend him as the server no matter what he is an expert at his craft and we are so grateful for the wonderful experience he that ensured we have that evening. Thanks again Richard! (if you happen to see this)Special Features:
- RickrickDined on 9/16/2014This is a great place. We come here every year for our anniversary. They have some of the best food I have ever had and the service A+++. I think its impossible to get better service. That's why we have been back 5 years in a row for our anniversary. Thank you for making it so special every year for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal SteaksKylie74Dined on 9/5/2014Seasoned to perfection! From the Burata salad, crab cakes, steaks and deserts every course is beautifully plated and immersed with delectable flavors. Live piano and bass music on certain nights. Kathrine, our server, was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014We had a great meal and the extra touch when we got into our car at Valet was a great surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service, good food.FoodiecctrVIPDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I were exited to try Spencer’s magical dining for the first time. We walked in and told greeters that we had a res and were there for magical dining. They told us they were changing their menu and not starting until the next week. We were disappointed since they did not print this on their page or the magical dining page. However the manager expressed his apologies and told us they would offer a portion off the bill due to the inconvenience, we were delighted to stay and try it. Che was our waiter and provided outstanding service. The food was excellent, my wife and I started out with the burrata (homemade) and the veal cheek (tender).For the main course I had the rib eye and my wife had the lobster. Overall was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEY ONLY GET BETTER!GaryHVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have been going with my fiancee to Spencers for over 3 years now, and I am so happy to say that the level of quality is always excellent, and exceeds our every expectation. Every aspect of the dining experience always seems to amaze, and the menu creations by Chef Spencer are to die for. Just make sure that if you eat there you request Che as your server, he is the best I have ever come to know, in ANY restaurant I have ever been to in my life. He has been taking care of us for the last 3 years and always will go out of his way to make your time there nothing short of amazing! It is so rare in orlando to find a restaurant that is able to consistently stay at such an unparralleled level and we are so happy to have found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Steaksluv2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Servers and managers very pleasant and courteous. They went out of their way to make the experience a good one. Steak very good; other entree served cold. Server quickly was there to fix the problem. But my husband was finished with his dinner before I got mine.This made experience not as pleasant as it could be since we both watched the other eat.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews archive.
- Memorable and DeliciousTravelBeeDined on 7/18/2014We had a party of 7 people and all of us left amazed. The food was cooked to perfection and the staff accommodated our gluten free and lactose free guests. The food came out at perfect times. I had the New York Strip with peppercorn sauce. As I side, it seemed our table favorite was the corn - it was sweet and creamy. Everything about this night was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef and StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was impeccable. Both food and service were spectacular. The pork belly appetizer will set the tone to any meal. The bourbon cake was just the cherry on top of the meal. Kudos to the Chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/17/2014Spencer's offers an extraordinary dining experience every time! I've yet to try anything unspectacular from the menu and I've been back many times!Special Features:
- Great eveningsssgVIPDined on 7/16/2014I eat here whenever I am in town. My servers Scott and Stacy were attentive and personable. They knew I had a time constraint and they made sure I got out the door in time. The manager, Pedro, recognized me from previous visits and gave me a complimentary drink. Overall, a fantastic dinner. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHappycustomerDined on 7/11/2014Best service around, and the food was fantastic. If staying at the hotel, make sure you don't miss dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!AngelikaVIPDined on 7/10/2014Amazing crabs! The lamb chops are huge! Loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregVIPDined on 7/8/2014The Spencer's Resturant is a highly recommended Steak House seafood restaurant inside of the award winning resort Hilton Orlando and this would be my fourth visit to this restaurant and we always enjoy our visit there because of the excellent service received and the food quality and presentation is to the utmost. The staff are very friendly and courteous and readily available at your service anytime. Thanks to Jackie our personal waitress who was very good to us and also Victor the Manager who had arranged something special for my sister for her birthday which was awesome. We definitely would be back to Spencer's and this restaurant is a must for your visit to the Orlando area for great steaks and chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SPECIALSageDined on 6/27/2014AFTER A DINNER AT MORTON'S, FOLLOWED BY RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE, SPENCER'S BEAT THEM ALL.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We dined at Spencer's on the 21st, the food and service were both very good. But the low level of light and over active air conditioning spoilt it rather. Would bring a jacket next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day OptionDoNotCookDineOutDined on 6/15/2014Decided at last minute to try Spencer's. Really glad we did. Nice atmosphere and great food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentshadowDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I took my nephew and sister for his graduation. Great ambiance with piano player. We had the oysters, the cauliflower bisque, heirloom tomato salad, Filet Mignon, NY strip, bone-in rib eye, hash browns, French fries, ice cream, bourbon cake, coffee and cappuccino. Everything was outstanding, just watch out for: the bisque has lots of cream so it's very rich, the fries looked wilted to me, I didn't taste them, but was told that they are soaked in vinegar before frying, and the steaks come seasoned so make sure to ask for them plain, if you are like me. The service was five-stars. It's a little pricey ($300+) but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/31/2014Spencer's serves wonderful food. The server carefully explained that all of the ingredients are sourced locally and all dishes prepared from scratch. Special thanks to Scott and Kathryn for being such great servers! Will be back again!!~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Spencers is a very convenient place to dine while staying at this Hilton, but we found the experience quite over rated. The atmosphere is beautiful and the staff is overly attentive, but the $60 steak was not outstanding. The bread is identical to Red Lobster and the expensive appetizer was only fair. On our next stay, I would choose to skip the convenience and drive to another restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- Bad decision to eat at Spencer'sDisappointmentVIPDined on 5/13/2014Appetizers were terrible with the exception of the soup. We were a party of three. Two of us had the lobster entre, one of us had the pork chop. The lobster & pork chop were both disappointing. Pork chop was flavorless & the lobster was over cooked and lacked any flavor. The side dishes were also flavorless. They were creamed spinach and mac & cheese. All in all , food was terrible, way to expensive, ($20 for a glass of red wine!), service from our waitor was very good until the end when he disappeared. He must of known our dissatisfaction. $20 for a glass of red wine! Outrageous and a big rip-off. Very bad!
- better and better each time!GaryHVIPDined on 5/10/2014We've been coming to Spencer's for 3 years now, and they never, EVER disappoint! The menu is constantly changing, and even though we begin to miss our old favorites, we are immediately blow away by the new creations from chef spencer that become our new ones. The best part though, is always the service from Che, our favorite server, and it is also nothing short of impeccable. He does absolutely everything to make your meal special. The only problem we have is that when we leave, we want to come right back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, good service, fair foodFoodieDined on 5/1/2014The food was over priced. The service was helpful, polite and good. Salads are too large - fine to share one for two people. The "prime NY strip" was goodies expected excellent. The second fiber said the fish was good. The a la carte vegetables/potatoes are over priced. The brussell sprouts were much too sweet. Wines are, as you might expect, over priced, although a nice selection of wine by the glass. I found the table too large -- hard to talk across the table to the second diner. I am sure it is the best restaurant in the hotel but I do not recommend it.
- Kudos to HiltonstakextrordinairVIPDined on 4/12/2014Spencers is located in the Orlando Hilton Hotel adjacent to the convention center. Spencers was indeed a high end steakhouse in both price and quality. The service was outstanding. Plan to sit back have a wonderful meal, but take a fat wallet.Special Features:
- Waiter was very rude! WaiterAK2OrlandoDined on 4/10/2014Waiter was very rude! Waiter never came to refill my water.Steak was cold and had to re-heatedSpecial Features:
- We went to Spencer's two nightssssgVIPDined on 4/9/2014We went to Spencer's two nights in a row. Each time the service was amazing and the food was delicious. The staff went out of their way to welcome us back and the manager went out of his way to make sure we felt welcomed back and even sent comped desserts. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Long wait, slow serviceFoodielizzieDined on 4/8/2014I had a reservation for 6 and they seated us 45 minutes late. Our table was ready earlier, but they were out of menus. All night the service was slow. The food was decent.
- Big bucks little bang.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Your prices were over priced. I eat out 5 days a week and travel all over the world. 100% of the meals were over cooked. Their question in my mind it was the worst meal of the year for the Money.
- DacotahDakotahVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great food and presentation. Wine list and martinis were also good. Wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable and made very good suggestions. We each had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Steak!shgerdocDined on 3/16/2014The word "steaks" is in the title for a reason: This chef knows how to cook a steak, goodness gracious. I don't care what your favorite steakhouse is, you have not had a perfectly cooked steak until you've dined at Spencer's. Lord have mercy, this was not only the best steak I've ever had, but the best steak I probably will EVER have.... until the next time at Spencer's. Do not deprive yourself of this experience.Special Features: