Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/spencers
- Phone: 4073138625x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Check Availiability for Sunday and Monday Dinning
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Spencer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Us for Your Next Event.
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays live music.
- Special Events: We are able to custom create a special evening for and your guests. For further information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Special holiday menus are also available. Check with the restaurant for details.
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Sophisticated and approachable, this New American Steakhouse redefines the classic steakhouse with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Spencer’s features the Prime Spencer’s Cut that is dry-aged 21 to 28 days and Fresh from Florida beef, local seafood and local organic produce, over twenty wines by the glass and scratch made cocktails. Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops features a private 12 seat dining room, wine room, open-display kitchen, private bar and outdoor terrace overlooking resort amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Phenomenal SteaksKylie74Dined on 9/5/2014Seasoned to perfection! From the Burata salad, crab cakes, steaks and deserts every course is beautifully plated and immersed with delectable flavors. Live piano and bass music on certain nights. Kathrine, our server, was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014We had a great meal and the extra touch when we got into our car at Valet was a great surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service, good food.FoodiecctrVIPDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I were exited to try Spencer’s magical dining for the first time. We walked in and told greeters that we had a res and were there for magical dining. They told us they were changing their menu and not starting until the next week. We were disappointed since they did not print this on their page or the magical dining page. However the manager expressed his apologies and told us they would offer a portion off the bill due to the inconvenience, we were delighted to stay and try it. Che was our waiter and provided outstanding service. The food was excellent, my wife and I started out with the burrata (homemade) and the veal cheek (tender).For the main course I had the rib eye and my wife had the lobster. Overall was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEY ONLY GET BETTER!GaryHVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have been going with my fiancee to Spencers for over 3 years now, and I am so happy to say that the level of quality is always excellent, and exceeds our every expectation. Every aspect of the dining experience always seems to amaze, and the menu creations by Chef Spencer are to die for. Just make sure that if you eat there you request Che as your server, he is the best I have ever come to know, in ANY restaurant I have ever been to in my life. He has been taking care of us for the last 3 years and always will go out of his way to make your time there nothing short of amazing! It is so rare in orlando to find a restaurant that is able to consistently stay at such an unparralleled level and we are so happy to have found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Steaksluv2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Servers and managers very pleasant and courteous. They went out of their way to make the experience a good one. Steak very good; other entree served cold. Server quickly was there to fix the problem. But my husband was finished with his dinner before I got mine.This made experience not as pleasant as it could be since we both watched the other eat.
- Memorable and DeliciousTravelBeeDined on 7/18/2014We had a party of 7 people and all of us left amazed. The food was cooked to perfection and the staff accommodated our gluten free and lactose free guests. The food came out at perfect times. I had the New York Strip with peppercorn sauce. As I side, it seemed our table favorite was the corn - it was sweet and creamy. Everything about this night was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef and StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was impeccable. Both food and service were spectacular. The pork belly appetizer will set the tone to any meal. The bourbon cake was just the cherry on top of the meal. Kudos to the Chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/17/2014Spencer's offers an extraordinary dining experience every time! I've yet to try anything unspectacular from the menu and I've been back many times!Special Features:
- Great eveningsssgVIPDined on 7/16/2014I eat here whenever I am in town. My servers Scott and Stacy were attentive and personable. They knew I had a time constraint and they made sure I got out the door in time. The manager, Pedro, recognized me from previous visits and gave me a complimentary drink. Overall, a fantastic dinner. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHappycustomerDined on 7/11/2014Best service around, and the food was fantastic. If staying at the hotel, make sure you don't miss dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!AngelikaVIPDined on 7/10/2014Amazing crabs! The lamb chops are huge! Loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregVIPDined on 7/8/2014The Spencer's Resturant is a highly recommended Steak House seafood restaurant inside of the award winning resort Hilton Orlando and this would be my fourth visit to this restaurant and we always enjoy our visit there because of the excellent service received and the food quality and presentation is to the utmost. The staff are very friendly and courteous and readily available at your service anytime. Thanks to Jackie our personal waitress who was very good to us and also Victor the Manager who had arranged something special for my sister for her birthday which was awesome. We definitely would be back to Spencer's and this restaurant is a must for your visit to the Orlando area for great steaks and chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SPECIALSageDined on 6/27/2014AFTER A DINNER AT MORTON'S, FOLLOWED BY RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE, SPENCER'S BEAT THEM ALL.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We dined at Spencer's on the 21st, the food and service were both very good. But the low level of light and over active air conditioning spoilt it rather. Would bring a jacket next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day OptionDoNotCookDineOutDined on 6/15/2014Decided at last minute to try Spencer's. Really glad we did. Nice atmosphere and great food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentshadowDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I took my nephew and sister for his graduation. Great ambiance with piano player. We had the oysters, the cauliflower bisque, heirloom tomato salad, Filet Mignon, NY strip, bone-in rib eye, hash browns, French fries, ice cream, bourbon cake, coffee and cappuccino. Everything was outstanding, just watch out for: the bisque has lots of cream so it's very rich, the fries looked wilted to me, I didn't taste them, but was told that they are soaked in vinegar before frying, and the steaks come seasoned so make sure to ask for them plain, if you are like me. The service was five-stars. It's a little pricey ($300+) but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/31/2014Spencer's serves wonderful food. The server carefully explained that all of the ingredients are sourced locally and all dishes prepared from scratch. Special thanks to Scott and Kathryn for being such great servers! Will be back again!!~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Spencers is a very convenient place to dine while staying at this Hilton, but we found the experience quite over rated. The atmosphere is beautiful and the staff is overly attentive, but the $60 steak was not outstanding. The bread is identical to Red Lobster and the expensive appetizer was only fair. On our next stay, I would choose to skip the convenience and drive to another restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- The following 258 reviews are from the Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews archive.
- Bad decision to eat at Spencer'sDisappointmentVIPDined on 5/13/2014Appetizers were terrible with the exception of the soup. We were a party of three. Two of us had the lobster entre, one of us had the pork chop. The lobster & pork chop were both disappointing. Pork chop was flavorless & the lobster was over cooked and lacked any flavor. The side dishes were also flavorless. They were creamed spinach and mac & cheese. All in all , food was terrible, way to expensive, ($20 for a glass of red wine!), service from our waitor was very good until the end when he disappeared. He must of known our dissatisfaction. $20 for a glass of red wine! Outrageous and a big rip-off. Very bad!
- better and better each time!GaryHVIPDined on 5/10/2014We've been coming to Spencer's for 3 years now, and they never, EVER disappoint! The menu is constantly changing, and even though we begin to miss our old favorites, we are immediately blow away by the new creations from chef spencer that become our new ones. The best part though, is always the service from Che, our favorite server, and it is also nothing short of impeccable. He does absolutely everything to make your meal special. The only problem we have is that when we leave, we want to come right back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, good service, fair foodFoodieDined on 5/1/2014The food was over priced. The service was helpful, polite and good. Salads are too large - fine to share one for two people. The "prime NY strip" was goodies expected excellent. The second fiber said the fish was good. The a la carte vegetables/potatoes are over priced. The brussell sprouts were much too sweet. Wines are, as you might expect, over priced, although a nice selection of wine by the glass. I found the table too large -- hard to talk across the table to the second diner. I am sure it is the best restaurant in the hotel but I do not recommend it.
- Kudos to HiltonstakextrordinairDined on 4/12/2014Spencers is located in the Orlando Hilton Hotel adjacent to the convention center. Spencers was indeed a high end steakhouse in both price and quality. The service was outstanding. Plan to sit back have a wonderful meal, but take a fat wallet.Special Features:
- Waiter was very rude! WaiterAK2OrlandoDined on 4/10/2014Waiter was very rude! Waiter never came to refill my water.Steak was cold and had to re-heatedSpecial Features:
- We went to Spencer's two nightssssgVIPDined on 4/9/2014We went to Spencer's two nights in a row. Each time the service was amazing and the food was delicious. The staff went out of their way to welcome us back and the manager went out of his way to make sure we felt welcomed back and even sent comped desserts. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Long wait, slow serviceFoodielizzieDined on 4/8/2014I had a reservation for 6 and they seated us 45 minutes late. Our table was ready earlier, but they were out of menus. All night the service was slow. The food was decent.
- Big bucks little bang.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Your prices were over priced. I eat out 5 days a week and travel all over the world. 100% of the meals were over cooked. Their question in my mind it was the worst meal of the year for the Money.
- DacotahDakotahVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great food and presentation. Wine list and martinis were also good. Wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable and made very good suggestions. We each had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Steak!shgerdocDined on 3/16/2014The word "steaks" is in the title for a reason: This chef knows how to cook a steak, goodness gracious. I don't care what your favorite steakhouse is, you have not had a perfectly cooked steak until you've dined at Spencer's. Lord have mercy, this was not only the best steak I've ever had, but the best steak I probably will EVER have.... until the next time at Spencer's. Do not deprive yourself of this experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic...!!!petexecDined on 3/15/2014The best hotel restaurant ever........food, service and ambience. No need to go to other steakhouses in the area...this is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineHappyfoodie1Dined on 3/13/2014Usually hotel restaurants are good but not necessarily outstanding. Spencer's is the exception. Will absolutely go back again. If you are In Orlando for a convention at OCCC, this is a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here 5 times inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014I have been here 5 times in the last three years and have NEVER been disappointed! Love the food, service and atmosphere! The bar is also excellent!!!Special Features:
- Hotel steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014Well trained friendly waiter. Good was in the tad bit cold side. Seemed to have been sitting before I got it. Crab cakes were just ok and would not order again. Over priced for what you receive. I was expecting a Ruth Chris experience. Waiter made it tolerable however he had too many tables to cover.
- Ok for a hotel restaurantrichardlightDined on 2/27/2014It was convenient to the venue for the VMUG conference. The service at the bar was very good. The service at the table in the restaurant was friendly but seemed to be stretched too thin. We waited a very long time for our server to visit us to include getting and paying the check.
- In a word... fantasticsmittyVIPDined on 2/20/2014I ate there recently for my birthday. The service was top rate. Server very knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. The crab cakes were delicious. Mostly crab meat with just enough filler to keep them together. The rib eye was delicious and perfectly cooked to the requested medium. Nice crust, good seasoning, tender and flavorful. Also locally sourced and grass fed, which I love. The striped bass was also wonderful. Fresh and delicious. The accompaniments were also delicious. The mac and cheese with candied bacon side, which you have to pay extra for, was delicious. I have absolutely no complaints about this restaurant. .Everything was top notch and I highly recommend it. Not cheap, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough night but was made rightToddVIPDined on 2/19/2014We were in on a business dinner. We all ordered fish. We ordered soup and salad to start w wine. The main entrees came before the wine, salads or even the bread. The food was amazing though. They comped the wine but it was a strange night on service. The explanation was there was one chef that was doing the fish and since we all had it, it came out early. Not really an excuse. It was very noisy as well. Food amazing.. might not go back though due to other two issues.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealcwalkVIPDined on 2/17/2014This was my first experience at this restaurant. I was seated by myself just after a very large group had arrived and ordered. It took awhile to receive my entrée but I really appreciated how the waitstaff paid attention to me, unlike what most restaurants would do with a single customer which would be to ignore them and just focus on the group. I had ordered the Spotted Sea Trout and it was absolutely delicious. I was amazed at the low cost of the food at the restaurant and the quality. Typically at an Orlando hotel, a meal like this would cost twice as much and just be mediocre. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's weekend dinnerdcrowDined on 2/15/2014This was our second visit to Spencer's. The food is excellent. The prsentation and staff are professional. The Venison Tartar appetizer was outstanding! One of the best combination of flavors I've ever experienced! Went with husband and 10 year old blossoming foodie' daughter....all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST RESTAURANT IN ORLANDO!GaryHVIPDined on 2/13/2014My girlfriend and I have been going to Spencer's for over 3 years now. It is by far the best steak (and food in general) in all of Orlando. Their innovative cuisine always delights, and the menu is seasonal so you're never having the same thing twice (although you'll want to)! Just make sure to request Che as your server, he will do whatever it takes to make sure your dining experience is amazing! And if all of this isn't enough for you to fall for Spencer's then there's the manager Pedro, who's wonderful personality and dedication to his restaurant will make your night everything you hoped, and then some!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ARA show Feb 2014EnPakDined on 2/11/2014We stayed at the Hilton for a show we were attending. We decided to eat at Spencer's and heard it was good. Well, we found out it was excellent!! The food and the drink were exceptional. We all agreed that we have never had a steak cooked to perfection like the one's from Spencer's. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014Good food, terrible service. Over an hour wait for food, There are too many other choices for food to settle for this. Definitely over rated/ lots more choices