Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/spencers
- Phone: 4073138625x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Check Availiability for Sunday and Monday Dinning
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Spencer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Us for Your Next Event.
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays live music.
- Special Events: We are able to custom create a special evening for and your guests. For further information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Special holiday menus are also available. Check with the restaurant for details.
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Sophisticated and approachable, this New American Steakhouse redefines the classic steakhouse with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Spencer’s features the Prime Spencer’s Cut that is dry-aged 21 to 28 days and Fresh from Florida beef, local seafood and local organic produce, over twenty wines by the glass and scratch made cocktails. Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops features a private 12 seat dining room, wine room, open-display kitchen, private bar and outdoor terrace overlooking resort amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)romantic (11)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- This place is GREAT!!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011This place is GREAT!!! The meal is in my top 3 all time. Service was superb. Manager should be commended as well.Special Features:
- Thought the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2011Thought the food was good, however a little pricy for what we received. I would offer a salad with each meal and or a side dish. Some bread before dinner would have been nice. I know everyone is cutting back and trying to save money these days, but with your prices I was expecting just a little more.Special Features:
- Spencer's - SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2011Great restaurant with superb service. I live in Miami and going to Spencer's will always be included in my trips to Orlando. Delicious!Special Features:
- UNFI ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2011An excellent place to have a business dinner, servers were well informed and engaging... food was amazing!Special Features:
- We were at Spencer's on DecemberOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2010We were at Spencer's on December 31st expecting a lovely New Years Eve experience. It was horrible! We should have known something was up when the waitress when describing the restaurant said "we cook all our food in house"...well Duh, we certainly expected that for a nice steakhouse. Unfortunately, it might have been better if it wasn't in house. The waitress was rude, the kitchen was slow, the meal was cold and not properly cooked. The decor was ugly and not at all festive for the holiday. We are people who can make the best of most situations, but this just stank on every level possible. Avoid this restaurant at all costs!
- Excellent food yet many thingssttupVIPDined on 12/31/2010Excellent food yet many things of the menu were not available due to New Year's Eve. (The website did not mention that and it would have been nice to know).Special Features:
- Excellent steak, perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Excellent steak, perfectly seasoned and cooked. The sides were delicious. The bread was fresh and tasty. We didn't have any wine, but the wine selection was extensive. Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Far too noisy for any conversation.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010Far too noisy for any conversation. My husband and I went two nights before our business reservation, and decided we would not go there again. The food is very good, but very limited selections, the staff was pleasant, but we like to talk to each other, and that was an impossibility. I believe the acoustics is the main problem, but when we asked if we could move to the beautiful outside seating, they told us it was too windy to serve outside. The waiters said they can almost never serve on the terrace. We canceled our business reservation there, and moved it to Capital Grill close by. Great decision.
- We were in the private roomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2010We were in the private room for the event and our service was terrible. We had one gentleman that came in to the room at the beginning of the evening and didn't return until it was time to settle the bill. The waitress didn't even take the drink orders first, but included it the meal order. I had guests getting up and going directly to the bar to get drinks. We had one guest get up and pour the wine because no one had refilled the glasses. It was extremely embarrassing! I still don't understand with such a large group the reason there were not two people assigned to our private dining room!
- Underwhelming experience. SteaksTbwcVIPDined on 12/3/2010Underwhelming experience. Steaks were not that tasty and overpriced. My shrimp app was very very bland.How is that possible?
- Excellent popovers and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2010Excellent popovers and quality steaks. Sauteed spinach with tomatoes and bacon was quite tasty.Special Features:
- The steak was perfect andMDCTVIPDined on 12/3/2010The steak was perfect and the pepper Brandy sauce Devine. The Spencer's salad had too much dressing and didn't have the cranberries it said it would; I probably would not have ordered if I'd known. Brought wrong glass of wine.Special Features:
- This was a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010This was a wonderful evening for our family. Being a holiday that is all about the menu and eating this was a welcome surprize to all of us. We absolutely loved every aspect of the evening. Our service was fantastic and because of Dawn, we will surely return. The menu was excellent and all around met every expectation. Thank you for a thanksgiving we will remember.
- It was our anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2010It was our anniversary night and we really enjoyed it. The service was superb. Thank youSpecial Features:
- We had a private room whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2010We had a private room which seated 12, near the back of the restaurant. The service was outstanding - our waitress was fun and very knowledgeable on wines and helpful in offering dinner suggestions. The meal itself was perfection - from the appetizers through dessert, every course was well-prepared, well-presented and delicious. I had dined at the restaurant one time before and recalled it being good, but this last meal was truly outstanding all around.Special Features:
- I have food allergies andCACCDined on 9/28/2010I have food allergies and gave my server a personalized list to give to the chef. Surprisingly, the chef arrived at my table to discuss what I might have for dinner and then went and prepared everything to perfection. He said if I let him know early in the day that I wanted to have the chocolate souffle for dessert that night, he could prepare that as well to meet my dietary restrictions. And, he did two nights later. Superb! My thanks to all the restaurant staff.
- Was very good for a chainLeguerreDined on 9/18/2010Was very good for a chain Hotel steak house, and the wait staff Was extremely attentive! Food was good for pricing, wine was excellent, desserts were a little too "deconstructed", but tasty! Steak and Salmon served exactly as ordered!Special Features:
- The experience was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2010The experience was disappointing. The first negative we noticed was the slovenly dress of many of the diners. The hotel does not enforce a dress code at what purports to be its "fine dining" restaurant. The service was slow and inattentive. It took a very long time for the first food to arrive. When our steak(ostensibly their specialty) did arrive, it was tepid and we had to send it back to be warmed. The meat was mediocre at best and we did not finish it. We doubt that it is really aged beef as the menu claims. It is certainly not worth what they charge for it.
- We celebrated our first weddingMCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 9/9/2010We celebrated our first wedding anniversary here; they went above and beyond to ensure that our evening was incredibly special. Located in the beautiful Hilton hotel, Spencer's boasts modern, sleek decor. The atmosphere is upscale but not quite 5-star (no tablecloths.) Our waiter, while very good, was not what we've come to expect from very high-end restaurants (utensils used for appetizers were left for us to use for our main courses, and a crumber was never used to "de-crumb" the table.") That said, our dining experience was exceptional, nonetheless. We brought the top tier of our wedding cake, and the kitchen staff prepped it and presented it beautifully along with 2 glasses of champagne! Steaks were perfect and sides were very generous.Special Features:
- Although the food was veryJedkydhoVIPDined on 8/28/2010Although the food was very good, it was not as good as the prices would indicate. Service was also very good but, not exceptional as the restaurant setting would lead you to believe. A very good restaurant but, as indicated the food is over priced.Special Features:
- The service we experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010The service we experienced was exceptional. Eveyone was impressed with the presentation of their meals as well as the incredible flavour that these chefs brought out on the meal.
- The prices were way too highOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2010The prices were way too high for the quality of food. The food was OK, nothing spectacular, I have been to various other steak houses where the quality of food was much better and prices were 10-15 dollars cheaper per entree. I spent 48 dollars on a sirloin with oscar topping, I can get this at bonefish ot salt rock grill cheaper and better tasting. My wife and I went there as we we stayed at the hotel for my birthday expecting a great meal. Howeve, with drinks our bill was 165 dollars for just the two of us for an average meal, this was before gratuity. I would not eat there again and do not recommend.
- Outstanding find for a hotel!LisaRVIPDined on 7/31/2010Outstanding find for a hotel! Everything was delicious! Service was great. Restaurant was very slow (could have just been the weekend and b/c of the group in house). We'll definitely go back. We were surprised...pleasantly!Special Features:
- We went to the Hilton forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2010We went to the Hilton for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We made dinner reservations at Spencer's & had a wonderful experience. The waiter was excellent, as was the food. We were offered 2 complimentary glasses of champagne, which was quite nice. The only complaint I could offer was the group of about 6 or so that were seated next to us, including 2 small children. This is NOT a restaurant for them. Now, I have 4 children of my own so I am not against kids, but the screaming & running around was not the best for our special occasion dinner. Also, I think a dress code could be enforced- some guests looked dressed to go to McDonald's, not an upscale restaurant like Spencer's.Special Features:
- We ended up at Spencer's onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2010We ended up at Spencer's on accident looking for a different place, I was blown away by the service and the food, you have to try the vodka and blueberry cocktail, this will be a permanent dining place on my list when in Orlando!!Special Features:
- Very good all around, I don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/26/2010Very good all around, I don't get the poor reviews. Creative food, great service (Dawn) great outdoor area overlooking the pool. Try the Beef Carparcio,the salad with the breaded soft cooked egg, grass fed steaks, great sides and a chocolate soufflé done right, an area to smoke cigars outside afterward and the hotel was gorgeous!!!
- The complementary bread wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2010The complementary bread was to die for. The best way to describe it is yorkshire pudding. The crab cake appetizers were nicely done and was a healthy portion. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the special topping ("Oscar": lump crab and lobster with fresh hollandaise) was terrific. The service was a bit slow and it was noisy, but if you're at the Hilton and don't want to travel, Spencer's will do just fine. They also have a very nice wine list.Special Features:
- We went for Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010We went for Mothers Day Brunch (at 5pm). There were only two other tables filled, very suprising given the value. The food was very good, however there was not a very wide selection. Nonetheless, we would definetely return.Special Features:
- Spencers will blow your mind!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010Spencers will blow your mind! What a hidden gem right there in plain sight. Mothers day brunch was perfect in every way. Consider this a formal thank you spencers .You will see us again!Special Features:
- Service in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2010Service in the restaurant was a total disaster. I wouldn't recommend it at this time. Hopefully they get it together. I will let many months go (maybe they will mature) before I think of trying it again. We are not complainers, nor we ever look for freebies, so we didn't say much to them. We just not comeback, or let the time go until we try again.
- Though we had a reservation,MarleneVIPDined on 2/13/2010Though we had a reservation, we were still waiting over 10 minutes for our table. The wine list is decent, but selection is sparse for wines by the glass. The amount of the pour for the wine and a martini seemed light. The shrimp cocktail was excellent, 3 fresh jumbo shrimp and a lively cocktail sauce jazzed up with freshly ground black pepper. Pepper seems to be the seasoning of choice, as it was present in the yummy popovers that come to the table. We had the veal porterhouse. One was slightly overcooked, and the seasoning on the meat also had the ever present black pepper. The cauliflower was good, perhaps just a tad overcooked, and the spinach was tasty.Special Features:
- Great steaks, sides, drinks,HealthspeakerVIPDined on 2/12/2010Great steaks, sides, drinks, service. Michael, our server, encourage me to try a sirloin rather than filet, and he was right.Special Features:
- Solid meal, good service andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2010Solid meal, good service and dependable for a hotel restaurant. Not bad, but certainly not special.
- Classy dining in a fine, luxuryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/6/2010Classy dining in a fine, luxury hotel. Food preparation was creative and first rate. Hot, fluffy popovers with truffle butter were a great starter. Loved the dried cherries in the Spencer Salad. The chef prepared an amuse bouche of Tuna Tartare that provided an elegant touch. The Short Rib (Osso Buco) with red wine reduction and small tureen of mac & cheese was an interesting pairing. I would have preferred a vegetable to the starch, but who doesn't like mac & cheese? My partner enjoyed the Grilled King Salmon. The Loaded Hash Browns are featured on this menu. Stuffed with smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion this side is filling and best shared with others. Service was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- The restaurant is comfortableRickyDined on 1/21/2010The restaurant is comfortable and the service was friendly, but the presentation of the food was rather poor and my salmon was quite overcooked. Also, the server didn't ask how I would like the salmon cooked. I don't require sushi style salmon, but I do like it pink in the center. The others in my group ordered the hanger/hangar steak and said it was tasty, but it looked very unappealing, like a large appetizer, not an entree. And it was just a piece of meat on the plate with no garnish. The wine list was pretty good, but overall I was not impressed. Very overpriced for what you actually get, but that's pretty typical for Orlando in my experience.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2009The food was excellent and the next time I'm in the Orlando area I will make return trip compliments to the chief.Special Features: