Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/spencers
- Phone: (407) 313-8625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Check Availiability for Sunday and Monday Dinning
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Spencer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Us for Your Next Event.
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays live music.
- Special Events: We are able to custom create a special evening for and your guests. For further information please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Special holiday menus are also available. Check with the restaurant for details.
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Sophisticated and approachable, this New American Steakhouse redefines the classic steakhouse with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Spencer’s features the Prime Spencer’s Cut that is dry-aged 21 to 28 days and Fresh from Florida beef, local seafood and local organic produce, over twenty wines by the glass and scratch made cocktails. Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops features a private 12 seat dining room, wine room, open-display kitchen, private bar and outdoor terrace overlooking resort amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food, but...ZonkDined on 9/21/2013We attended as part of the Orlando Magical Dining Month. The food was quite good (took 2 tries on a few items). My fair rating of the service was generous (failure to bring requested items, failure to check back with the table, food left in the window too long, etc.) Finally, although I can recommend the restaurant because of the food, I will not return when the inappropriate corkage fee of $25/bottle ($75 for the table). This is tied with the highest rate in the City with the average at between $10 and $15. We always tip at least 20% even with fair service, but given the corkage and the other shortcommings, we left the 18% automatic tip in place without any additional tip... maybe this is what our server was thinking all along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited a few minutes toAR001Dined on 9/21/2013We waited a few minutes to see a server, but after the initial wait, he was always there when we needed him, perhaps a bit frantic in manner. Well made cocktails to start. Food was great overall. Lobster bisque, colossal shrimp cocktail, and roasted strawberries for appetizer. Great, unique combination of flavors in the roasted strawberry dish. Both steaks were closer to medium than the medium-rare we ordered, but the quality was definitely there, great texture. Apricot chamomile and strawberry pavlova for dessert. Both excellent. Nice after dinner drink list, fairly priced. Overall a great evening. Manager stopped by the table to check on us and gave us a 20% off vip card. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST IN ORLANDOGaryHVIPDined on 9/20/2013This is my girlfriend and I's 5th time at this restaurant and it never ceases to amaze. I want to point out that everyone exceeds excellence at the restaurant, especially our favorite waiter Che. However, this particular time we were blown away by the caring and generous service by the manager Pedro. He truly did everything he could to make our experience as amazing as possible; so much so that the couple we dined with said "it felt like we were celebrities." The food is amazing, the atmosphere is transcendent, but its the service that makes Spencer's what it is - a Gem in the heart of Orlando. A MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularrickDined on 9/19/2013We came for our anniversary last year and came again because it was so wonderful. Everything feom the service, food and ambiance. Everything was great and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service.splashVIPDined on 9/18/2013Fantastic food and service. Best restaurant we dined at in Orlando, and we hit quite a few.Special Features:
- ExcellentKhensleyDined on 9/14/2013This is not just another steakhouse. From the moment we walked in the atmosphere was excellent. I had the Colossal Shrimp, the Wahoo and the Apricot Chamomile for dessert,...Excellent. Every dish was layer with unique flavors. Ask for Scott as your server, he is phenomenal!Special Features:
- Night awayrrazDined on 9/14/2013Spencer's made a wonderful choice for date night with the wife; the food was excellent and ambiance was perfect for the evening. Spencer's creates a quiet environment in a beautiful hotel, allowing you to enjoy your evening while still interacting with their attentive wait staff. Each course of the meal was another jolt to the palate, layering on new sensations; a wonderful find for magical dining. My wife's filet was perfect and their finish of sea salt and olive oil enhanced the flavor of the exquisite cut of meat. Spencer's is a must try, tucked among the all the chain restaurants and flashing lights of the tourist/ convention district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific dining experience!MichelleVIPDined on 9/14/2013We actually tried out Spencer's for Magical Dining Month, and boy are we glad!! We added cocktails, which were fabulous. They offered a wine pairing for a small additional fee, and it was well worth the extra. The food was fantastic and the service outstanding. They also had a pianist, which made for a nice atmosphere. We will certainly be returning. We had a wonderful time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST SERVICE AND FOOD IN ORLGaryHVIPDined on 9/7/2013I can't begin to tell you how amazing this restaurant is! Truly a gem and the BEST STEAKHOUSE IN ORLANDO. The seasonal menu changes to incorporate the freshest and most delicious foods. Also the service is all around great, but if you are lucky enough to have CHE as your waiter you are in for a treat. He is the definition of going above and beyond, and arguably the best server I have ever seen. He takes this restaurant and elevates it to a different level with the help of his Hot who is equally concerned with making your night one to remember. We will no doubt be going back to Spencers often, and we will be requesting CHE every single time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another conference restaurantMendaiiVIPDined on 9/7/2013. Look’s good but the food is sub-par and overpriced. 1. My lobster bisque was black paper bisque with saggy crotons. 2. The pork dish came with some salt lick potato and what felt like can corn. 3. The pavlova was a mess with big chewy stringy rhubarb.Special Features:
- Top NotchGoodTwinDined on 9/6/2013We were looking for a way to celebrate the end of a 3 week remodel at the house, and this was the place to do it. Dining here compares to a high-end cruise. The service was impeccable, food unique and delicious, atmosphere was comfortable but nice. It did get a little loud, but it was a busy Friday night. You know you've dined somewhere special when you collect your car from the valet and find two chilled bottles of water, a bag of chocolate-covered pretzels and a thank you note from the waiter. We will definitely return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Overlooked Gem24dinnerVIPDined on 9/4/2013Spencer's is a beautiful restaurant. The decor is very modern and lavish with high ceilings and large windows overlooking the pool and gardens of the Hilton Hotel on International Drive. This was our first time there but we will be back. The menu was great, with a lot of choices I would like to try. My wife had the pork chop with a sweet glaze that was amazing and I had a steak filet that was very tender and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!! My favorite magicallocaldinerDined on 9/4/2013Amazing!!! My favorite magical dining menu so far, make sure you valet, they put waters and chocolates in your car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining value in OrlandoRodaleVIPDined on 8/24/2013Another great experience at Spencer's! As usual the food was outstanding. The atmosphere and kitchen layout are impressive, with the most friendly and professional staff. As upscale as you will find anywhere, all the way from the valet service to and including the resturant management. Saturday, Che was our server; very refreshing with courtesy, professionalism, and personality. I had the Wahoo, my wife had the lobster, both were excellent choices. Little things often make the difference and Spencer's pays great attention to details, the food presentation is very impressive! If you valet park, when you return to your car, you will experience just one of their extras; with delight. A great experience that I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a dinner....Great finish!!trhsrDined on 8/13/2013This was our second trip to Spencers in a week.....the first time was good as was the second! Service excellant by Stacy...food may have been even better since we tried different items. Baby Spinach Salad, Hash Browns, Hand Cut Fries....great...but the Creamed Corn was the best we had ever had.....entrees....all terrific..... And the THIN MINT Martini was perfect. Stacy knew when to come to us and when to leave us alone, a great trait! But after having my Valet Parking validated, we left and to our surprise the car was waiting for us...with a box of chocolates, 5 Bottles of water in the vehicle along with a hand written note thanking us for dining there from our server STACY....now that was a perfect end to a perfect meal. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Incredible FoodadamDined on 8/10/2013Attending a conference at the Swan/Dolphin Hotels at Disney World, a colleague and I needed to escape and find some place that was adult and sane. Spencer's fit the bill. Although expensive, the quality and service were outstanding. Spencer's is clearly far better than anything available at Disney World and was the best meal that I've had in several months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak DinnerJoeDDined on 8/2/2013It was perfect for me and my girlfriend's 5th anniversary! Steak was cooked to perfection, Mac and Cheese was amazing, good service, validated valet, and when we got in the car they gave us a box of chocolates and bottled water, a very nice touch!Special Features:
- Love the waters and the giftOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2013Love the waters and the gift left in the car! Also the note of thanks. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deelicious!OtownbartenderDined on 7/20/2013Pork belly, Osterich, and Spencer's cut with king crab is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining Experience Again.AWAGDined on 7/11/2013Thank you for making my family feel so welcomed back. Our server Che' was one of the kindest and well manored servers that I have ever had. He is a great asset to you staff and I hope you all realize that. We are from NY and not the most easily impressed, but Spencer's has impressed us again for the second time making us feel like family that had returned home. We look forward to returning again in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servers!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/4/2013Food is alright. Nothing special about it. Steak was ok. We had the macaroni and cheese which was very weird because they topped it with sweetened caramelized bacon. It was the server that bothered us. He was polite but there was an air of hostility in him. We tried to lighten him up and joke with him, but he replied with more hostility. I'm not sure if it was just because we are from California and we are used to friendly people. He also automatically added an 18% gratuity which applies for 6 or more parties but there was only 5 of us. I think all of the staff who helped us were sarcastic. More like annoyed that you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Recent Dining At Spencer's.GregVIPDined on 7/2/2013Returning guests at the utmost exquisite fine dining resturant in the Orlando area. They greeted me with a warm friendly welcome and the staff members were so welcoming and call me by my name which was so special. The food experience was excellent and very tasty good value for money. The resturant staff arranged something real special for Birthday/Wedding Anniversary occasion and this was very well done and organised to my fullest expectation. The resturant host Che was the best and he is really very accomodating and very friendly and polite. We definetely highly reccommend this resturant because of the excellent service received by the staff and the decor and setting of the resturant was very well organised.Special Features:
- While in Orlando for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2013While in Orlando for business we stayed at the Hilton and made a reservation 7/2/13. I have a severe gluten intolerance and the wait staff took their time explaining things and then confirming the safety of the items on the menu with the chefs. I had delicious lobster and grits with trumpet mushrooms (their take on shrimp and grits) and my husband had a fantastic filet. They also had three gluten free desserts on the menu and I am not just talking berries with ice cream. I have a fantastic strawberry and rhubarb pavlova. The food and service was so great we went back the next night! That night my husband had fantastic fish and I had a delicious risotto---followed up by an excellent gf chocolate torte!
- spencers at hiltonNKWORLANDODined on 6/27/2013the food was good, but very over priced. The lobster bisque was served in a small flat bowl and had no pieces of lobster in it. the steak was tender but not as good as flemings. Would not go there again. Ok if your on an expense account. Mac and cheese was very good and server was very good. Not great ambience and alittle noisy. Liked the piano playing. guest check average about $100 per person with tip.Special Features:
- Posh and friendlyBryanDined on 6/27/2013Good food. Interesting selections. We had the grits, bison and lamb, all were excellent. The desserts were a pass for us but the selections were unique and had potential to be delicious if that's your taste. We even loved the valet service. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBradDined on 6/18/2013While attending at business conference, We took time out for a special birthday dinner at Spencer's in the Orlando Hilton. My wife's mojito was excellently made, and they got my extra dry rob roy right on the first try. The fresh oysters were well presented, chilled, and tasty. But, it was the filets, done to an excellentmedium rare, that crowned the meal. After a complimentary birthday dessert, I finished off my meal with a nice scotch, served with an ice sphere, while my wife finished up with a custom made sundae. absolutely outstanding service from the whole team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sides could have had morelandDined on 6/17/2013The sides could have had more vegetable options. Also, mashed potatoes would be good. The hashbrowns were too well done. The steaks were very good. We took clients out. I did not hear anyone raving about the food. The steaks seemed to be liked the most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe another tryTcoopDined on 6/11/2013I arrived a little late and table accommodations were scarce - even for one. When I inquired whether there were any tables available the hostess replied I was welcome to sit at the bar without also indicating that a table would be available in 15 min or 30 min later. I looked up availability on Open Table and booked the table on line. The server, Michelle was terrific and very attentive through the meal and with suggestions. My NY steak was a little overdone (I ordered Med Rare and it was pink and cooked through vs red) and not as hot as I would have expected. The creamed spinach and peppercorn sauce were great . I will give it another try next time in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great management and service. MyTakaVIPDined on 6/5/2013Great management and service. My wife bison steak was tough and chewy but the waitress took care of it by offer a different cut. She also mentioned to the management. That is how every good managed outfit should do. Thanks.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningFreeboVIPDined on 6/4/2013Spencers is the anti-hotel restaurant. The food was five star- creative and perfectly prepared. The service was extraordinary. They even put thank you notes and chocolates in our valeted car. This is a hotel restaurant so the only downside was the openness of the room, but this is picking lint off your sweater. When in Orlando- go to Spencers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!foodieDined on 6/4/2013This was the best dining experience I have every had. Every thing was perfect from the service to the food to the wine. It was our wedding anniversary and the staff made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing. Cold, noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013Disappointing. Cold, noisy room. Filet good but NY strip a bit tough, lukewarm as if it had been cooked earlier. Waitstaff quite intrusive. Not worth the $$$
- Great experience at Spencer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2013Our expectations were far exceeded. The food was excellent, the service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was upscale but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4/5 Stars, + Food, + AppetizerdennisthefoodieDined on 5/24/2013The quality of the food was great (although when it was served, the all dishes were a bit on the colder side) [Rabbit Cannelloni, Bison, Wagyu, and Creamed Spinach]. Rabbit Cannelloni was amazing. Every bit of it was delicious. Left us speechless. Must get. The steaks were great. Not sure if it was the cut or the animal (Bison and Wagyu), but it took a bit of work to chew through the outer layer. The Wagyu was cooked medium rare while the Bison was cooked medium well. The meat was tasty; the bison was a bit on the salty side. Creamy Spinach was family sized as advertised (possible 4-6 servings). It was very delicious and fresh. One thing about this restaurant is that it has very large tables. The ambient music was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Must try, great service andlocaldinerDined on 5/19/2013Must try, great service and innovative menu. The mac and cheese is heaven!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited twice in 3 days!TillottsDined on 5/17/2013Enjoyed the experience at Spencer's so much we decided on a return visit. Excellent restaurant, good food and service. Highly recommend. We visited with a group of delegates attending a congress in Orlando, so the restaurant was convenient and appropriate for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sides stole the showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013Service was great. The main dishes were good to very good. My son had the Spencer's cut and my wife had the filet. I had the local wahoo - it was decent but nothing spectacular. We had the hash browns and grits as side dishes and they Were both amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an incredible experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We had an incredible experience. Our server Che, set a new standard for service excellence. Our kids were so impressed, his name is used to describe service elsewhere, as in ; " Not Che service but OK" We loved it.Special Features:
- Best Place for Steaks in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Excellent place for Steaks. I had the Spencer’s Cut and it was perfect. The atmosphere is great and the service is personally and professional. If you are in the Orlando area, this is a must place to stop.Special Features:
- We had wonderful food, fabulousRoadwarriorVIPDined on 4/18/2013We had wonderful food, fabulous service, a gracious visit from the chef when we asked for a cc of a recipe, attentive manager. It was a wonderful evening. Normally I would never recommend a hotel dining room. Make an exception here, all of you road warriors, because THIS restaurant is really terrific.Special Features: