Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/spencers
- Phone: 4073138625x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Check Availiability for Sunday and Monday Dinning
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Spencer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Us for Your Next Event.
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays live music.
- Special Events: We are able to custom create a special evening for and your guests. For further information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Special holiday menus are also available. Check with the restaurant for details.
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Sophisticated and approachable, this New American Steakhouse redefines the classic steakhouse with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Spencer’s features the Prime Spencer’s Cut that is dry-aged 21 to 28 days and Fresh from Florida beef, local seafood and local organic produce, over twenty wines by the glass and scratch made cocktails. Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops features a private 12 seat dining room, wine room, open-display kitchen, private bar and outdoor terrace overlooking resort amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A special eventG2GoDined on 2/6/2014Expensive but food and service were exceptional. Save this one for special events for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadeOurSpecialOccassionOutstandingSEOYDined on 2/6/2014Incredible service with exceptional special touches. In the reservation, I noted that we were celebrating a special event. They surprised us with incredible "extras". Complimentary champagne toast for all 5 of us... special amuse bouche from the chef, and individually boxed truffles as we were leaving. The piano player even came over to ask about special requests. Our server Gillian was truly outstanding. The food was very good, 2 had the filet, 2 had trout, and 1 pork. The sides were plentiful to share - the mac and cheese was a standout. The only small disappointment was that the pork dish was quite dry. Highly recommed to everyone out for celebrating with a group. Noise level is energetic - which for fine for our event.Special Features:
- Exotic choices for foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2014This place has all the usual menu items for a high end steakhouse plus some exotic dishes for the adventurous diner. I had the venison tartare, which was excellent and had great presentation, and the elk loin which was perfect at medium rare. I highly recommend trying this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awaylocaldinerDined on 1/3/2014This is not your usual hotel restaurant, the food and service exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencersBBC1Dined on 12/31/2013Fabulous New Year's Eve dinner, food on par with fine dining in ATL, NY, and SFO. It is in Orlando and there were families with small children in this upscale restaurant so it did slow service slightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for the qualityjohnDined on 12/28/2013expensive for the quality of food especially the dessert(taken off bill though)
- ChristmasapolloacsDined on 12/25/2013We went so that spouse did not have a prepare a dinner. It was a long time getting served. We had to request a wine refill from the bottle we purchased we had to wait for our appetizers we had ordered. For the price of the meal, a little bit of attention to detail would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- Typical Disney RestaurantDominicVIPDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant was suppose to be a very good dinning experience. I would equate this to dinning at Olive Garden.
- Food was delicious and theMariaDined on 12/24/2013Food was delicious and the price was surprisingly reasonable. We love to stay at Orlando Hilton--- and we always stay at this hotel and the 15% discount on the restaurants in the hotel makes it more enjoyable to dine and stay longer!Special Features:
- AmazinglocaldinerDined on 12/21/2013Our server Scott was outstanding. The food is amazing. Must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding againjrcasey77Dined on 11/29/2013Food and service are truly outstanding! Che took excellent care of us - including the empress kit! The menu here is wonderful! Steak was perfect. Scallops were wonderful! We'll be back without question!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT Food and Service!EightVIPDined on 11/9/2013I chose this restaurant for meeting up with two business associates that were visiting from out of town. I had never been here before, but saw all great reviews online. Spencer's more than lived up to them. The service from Che, our server, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and friendly, and helped us choose the right menu items, as well as the wine. The portions were generous, and the steaks were outstanding. I travel a lot, and have had many steak dinners, and this was one of the best, ever. The Manager, Pedro, stopped by to ensure all was well. We had a drink at the bar beforehand, (and afterward), and the bartender Angelo made us feel right at home and made great martini. I would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCspradlinDined on 11/8/2013All I can say is this restaurant is fantastic from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarymarsigsdDined on 11/5/2013We celebrated our anniversary there and it was absolutely wonderful. We had the crab cakes and it was actually all crab meat. Both my wife and I had the New York strip steak and it was cooked to perfection. The best steak I ever had. I would love to go back there at anytime; just wish there was a Spencer's in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never heard too much aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/2/2013Never heard too much about Spencers when I made the reservations. Turned out to be a real treat for our party of 6. Service was over the top. I can't remember when I have had a better prime steak. Our server, Omar, could not have been more attentive. He made the dinner and our experience wonderful. Then as we left our cars were waiting outside with 2 bottles of water, a box of chocolates and a hand written thank you note. I have dined in 100's of restaurants and have never had such treatment. Fantastic!Special Features:
- farm to table in a hiltonChefDocVIPDined on 10/26/2013low country cuisine elevated very high in this gem of a restaurant...service and wine impeccable and food, especially the pork belly appetizer and lamb chops unparalleled!Special Features:
- Food quality, service anddoubledbDined on 10/25/2013Food quality, service and overall noise level were very good. However, we found the appetizers and main courses to be a bit too "pricey."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Business meetinglmcsDined on 10/24/2013I met two old business friends for dinner, we had not been able to sit and catch up for several years. The atmosphere was inviting, food was great and prepared exactly to each of our preferences. Gillian, was helpful & knowledgeable with wine selections and menu specifics. My lamb chops were perfect, the mac and cheese is as good as any I have ever had anywhere. I dined at the bar two nights previously and had the flounder over kale, cooked to perfection, moist and not over done. As good as any NYC / Brooklyn or Raleigh / Durham restaurants I frequent. Altough this was a relaxed reunion with freinds, I would not hesitate to book Specners for a serious business meeting or romantic outing with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING DINING SURPRIZELolaDined on 10/24/2013We often take advantage of the September magical dining opportunities and we were not able to make it to Spencer's for their special however we found their information and menu intriguing enough that we decided to go in October and are so glad we did. I can see us going there once a month. The service was the best, the food was perfect in appearance, taste and temperature. I would highly recommend it. The valet service was amazing and the Restraunt manager had water, chocolate and a thank you note left in our car which was located right outside the Restraunt door all just because it was our first visit and we were locals! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Quality and ServicehundfschmidtVIPDined on 10/22/2013I took 7 of my employees there from a neighboring hotel. For a restaurant in a hotel, the quality and service were surprisingly great. Bar scene was very blah and not warm, but the dinner portion of the evening was above my expectations. Decent wine list that was slightly pricey. Food was great. I'll go back again.Special Features:
- Loved the fish24dinnerVIPDined on 10/22/2013My wife and I went to Spencer's and we were surprised at the variety of the menu. They have a selection of steaks and many choices of fish. I tried the Cobia and it was perfect along with a side of cheese grits and a Spencer's salad to start. To me this was Florida dining at it's best. My wife had a filet and the mac and cheese that she said was amazing and large enough to carry home half of it for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well DoneMattKDined on 10/12/2013This is where I chose for my birthday dinner as I wanted something different. This has a decent Zagat rating has an interesting menu (bison is what I ended up choosing and it was very well executed, superb taste, and a good portion size). They offer ostrich, filet, multiple fish choices, and their sides are also excellent. My friend chose a white fish and it was perfectly cooked, solid flavor arrangement, and well plated. My mother chose the Spencer's Cut (ribeye), it was one of the best steaks either of us have had (rivals Fleming's and Ruth's Chris easily). The sides we chose were the baked potato, mac and cheese, and truffle french fries. The potato is certainly the largest potato they could've found, ever. They were all very excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow best steak in long timeSueboVIPDined on 10/5/2013Had the grass fed steak, and wow it was like butter melting in your mouth. Best steak in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening/great service!mans02Dined on 10/4/2013Spencer's highly recommended within the Hilton as well as Orlando residents. Did not disappoint! Bartender Christine - amazing skills with Bourbon! She was friendly and provided the right amount of "attention" and "space" to kick our evening off right. Che our server - phenomenal. Again, present enough to provide all we needed, but gave us time to thoroughly enjoy our meal. My steak - outstanding. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is wonderful. ManagementsssgVIPDined on 10/3/2013Service is wonderful. Management is great. I highly recomendSpecial Features:
- Magical DiningMaraDined on 9/28/2013We stopped in for magical dining at Spencer's this last weekend. The food and service was great. Ask for Scott to be your server. He did a fantastic job and was very friendly to some first timers in our party. Would recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grass fed beefPappyVIPDined on 9/26/2013If you do not car for grass fed beef, which has a distinctly different flavor, than this is not the steak house for you.Special Features:
- Great food!audreyandmikeDined on 9/24/2013We were there for Magically Dining Month and really enjoyed everything we ordered. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...ZonkDined on 9/21/2013We attended as part of the Orlando Magical Dining Month. The food was quite good (took 2 tries on a few items). My fair rating of the service was generous (failure to bring requested items, failure to check back with the table, food left in the window too long, etc.) Finally, although I can recommend the restaurant because of the food, I will not return when the inappropriate corkage fee of $25/bottle ($75 for the table). This is tied with the highest rate in the City with the average at between $10 and $15. We always tip at least 20% even with fair service, but given the corkage and the other shortcommings, we left the 18% automatic tip in place without any additional tip... maybe this is what our server was thinking all along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited a few minutes toAR001Dined on 9/21/2013We waited a few minutes to see a server, but after the initial wait, he was always there when we needed him, perhaps a bit frantic in manner. Well made cocktails to start. Food was great overall. Lobster bisque, colossal shrimp cocktail, and roasted strawberries for appetizer. Great, unique combination of flavors in the roasted strawberry dish. Both steaks were closer to medium than the medium-rare we ordered, but the quality was definitely there, great texture. Apricot chamomile and strawberry pavlova for dessert. Both excellent. Nice after dinner drink list, fairly priced. Overall a great evening. Manager stopped by the table to check on us and gave us a 20% off vip card. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST IN ORLANDOGaryHVIPDined on 9/20/2013This is my girlfriend and I's 5th time at this restaurant and it never ceases to amaze. I want to point out that everyone exceeds excellence at the restaurant, especially our favorite waiter Che. However, this particular time we were blown away by the caring and generous service by the manager Pedro. He truly did everything he could to make our experience as amazing as possible; so much so that the couple we dined with said "it felt like we were celebrities." The food is amazing, the atmosphere is transcendent, but its the service that makes Spencer's what it is - a Gem in the heart of Orlando. A MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularrickDined on 9/19/2013We came for our anniversary last year and came again because it was so wonderful. Everything feom the service, food and ambiance. Everything was great and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service.splashVIPDined on 9/18/2013Fantastic food and service. Best restaurant we dined at in Orlando, and we hit quite a few.Special Features:
- ExcellentKhensleyDined on 9/14/2013This is not just another steakhouse. From the moment we walked in the atmosphere was excellent. I had the Colossal Shrimp, the Wahoo and the Apricot Chamomile for dessert,...Excellent. Every dish was layer with unique flavors. Ask for Scott as your server, he is phenomenal!Special Features:
- Night awayrrazDined on 9/14/2013Spencer's made a wonderful choice for date night with the wife; the food was excellent and ambiance was perfect for the evening. Spencer's creates a quiet environment in a beautiful hotel, allowing you to enjoy your evening while still interacting with their attentive wait staff. Each course of the meal was another jolt to the palate, layering on new sensations; a wonderful find for magical dining. My wife's filet was perfect and their finish of sea salt and olive oil enhanced the flavor of the exquisite cut of meat. Spencer's is a must try, tucked among the all the chain restaurants and flashing lights of the tourist/ convention district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific dining experience!MichelleDined on 9/14/2013We actually tried out Spencer's for Magical Dining Month, and boy are we glad!! We added cocktails, which were fabulous. They offered a wine pairing for a small additional fee, and it was well worth the extra. The food was fantastic and the service outstanding. They also had a pianist, which made for a nice atmosphere. We will certainly be returning. We had a wonderful time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST SERVICE AND FOOD IN ORLGaryHVIPDined on 9/7/2013I can't begin to tell you how amazing this restaurant is! Truly a gem and the BEST STEAKHOUSE IN ORLANDO. The seasonal menu changes to incorporate the freshest and most delicious foods. Also the service is all around great, but if you are lucky enough to have CHE as your waiter you are in for a treat. He is the definition of going above and beyond, and arguably the best server I have ever seen. He takes this restaurant and elevates it to a different level with the help of his Hot who is equally concerned with making your night one to remember. We will no doubt be going back to Spencers often, and we will be requesting CHE every single time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another conference restaurantMendaiiVIPDined on 9/7/2013. Look’s good but the food is sub-par and overpriced. 1. My lobster bisque was black paper bisque with saggy crotons. 2. The pork dish came with some salt lick potato and what felt like can corn. 3. The pavlova was a mess with big chewy stringy rhubarb.Special Features:
- Top NotchGoodTwinDined on 9/6/2013We were looking for a way to celebrate the end of a 3 week remodel at the house, and this was the place to do it. Dining here compares to a high-end cruise. The service was impeccable, food unique and delicious, atmosphere was comfortable but nice. It did get a little loud, but it was a busy Friday night. You know you've dined somewhere special when you collect your car from the valet and find two chilled bottles of water, a bag of chocolate-covered pretzels and a thank you note from the waiter. We will definitely return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Overlooked Gem24dinnerVIPDined on 9/4/2013Spencer's is a beautiful restaurant. The decor is very modern and lavish with high ceilings and large windows overlooking the pool and gardens of the Hilton Hotel on International Drive. This was our first time there but we will be back. The menu was great, with a lot of choices I would like to try. My wife had the pork chop with a sweet glaze that was amazing and I had a steak filet that was very tender and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.