Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/spencers
- Phone: (407) 313-8625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Check Availiability for Sunday and Monday Dinning
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Spencer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact Us for Your Next Event.
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays live music.
- Special Events: We are able to custom create a special evening for and your guests. For further information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Special holiday menus are also available. Check with the restaurant for details.
A word from Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Sophisticated and approachable, this New American Steakhouse redefines the classic steakhouse with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Spencer’s features the Prime Spencer’s Cut that is dry-aged 21 to 28 days and Fresh from Florida beef, local seafood and local organic produce, over twenty wines by the glass and scratch made cocktails. Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops features a private 12 seat dining room, wine room, open-display kitchen, private bar and outdoor terrace overlooking resort amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fantastic...!!!petexecDined on 3/15/2014The best hotel restaurant ever........food, service and ambience. No need to go to other steakhouses in the area...this is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineHappyfoodie1Dined on 3/13/2014Usually hotel restaurants are good but not necessarily outstanding. Spencer's is the exception. Will absolutely go back again. If you are In Orlando for a convention at OCCC, this is a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here 5 times inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014I have been here 5 times in the last three years and have NEVER been disappointed! Love the food, service and atmosphere! The bar is also excellent!!!Special Features:
- Hotel steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014Well trained friendly waiter. Good was in the tad bit cold side. Seemed to have been sitting before I got it. Crab cakes were just ok and would not order again. Over priced for what you receive. I was expecting a Ruth Chris experience. Waiter made it tolerable however he had too many tables to cover.
- Ok for a hotel restaurantrichardlightDined on 2/27/2014It was convenient to the venue for the VMUG conference. The service at the bar was very good. The service at the table in the restaurant was friendly but seemed to be stretched too thin. We waited a very long time for our server to visit us to include getting and paying the check.
- In a word... fantasticsmittyVIPDined on 2/20/2014I ate there recently for my birthday. The service was top rate. Server very knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. The crab cakes were delicious. Mostly crab meat with just enough filler to keep them together. The rib eye was delicious and perfectly cooked to the requested medium. Nice crust, good seasoning, tender and flavorful. Also locally sourced and grass fed, which I love. The striped bass was also wonderful. Fresh and delicious. The accompaniments were also delicious. The mac and cheese with candied bacon side, which you have to pay extra for, was delicious. I have absolutely no complaints about this restaurant. .Everything was top notch and I highly recommend it. Not cheap, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough night but was made rightToddVIPDined on 2/19/2014We were in on a business dinner. We all ordered fish. We ordered soup and salad to start w wine. The main entrees came before the wine, salads or even the bread. The food was amazing though. They comped the wine but it was a strange night on service. The explanation was there was one chef that was doing the fish and since we all had it, it came out early. Not really an excuse. It was very noisy as well. Food amazing.. might not go back though due to other two issues.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealcwalkVIPDined on 2/17/2014This was my first experience at this restaurant. I was seated by myself just after a very large group had arrived and ordered. It took awhile to receive my entrée but I really appreciated how the waitstaff paid attention to me, unlike what most restaurants would do with a single customer which would be to ignore them and just focus on the group. I had ordered the Spotted Sea Trout and it was absolutely delicious. I was amazed at the low cost of the food at the restaurant and the quality. Typically at an Orlando hotel, a meal like this would cost twice as much and just be mediocre. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's weekend dinnerdcrowDined on 2/15/2014This was our second visit to Spencer's. The food is excellent. The prsentation and staff are professional. The Venison Tartar appetizer was outstanding! One of the best combination of flavors I've ever experienced! Went with husband and 10 year old blossoming foodie' daughter....all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST RESTAURANT IN ORLANDO!GaryHVIPDined on 2/13/2014My girlfriend and I have been going to Spencer's for over 3 years now. It is by far the best steak (and food in general) in all of Orlando. Their innovative cuisine always delights, and the menu is seasonal so you're never having the same thing twice (although you'll want to)! Just make sure to request Che as your server, he will do whatever it takes to make sure your dining experience is amazing! And if all of this isn't enough for you to fall for Spencer's then there's the manager Pedro, who's wonderful personality and dedication to his restaurant will make your night everything you hoped, and then some!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ARA show Feb 2014EnPakDined on 2/11/2014We stayed at the Hilton for a show we were attending. We decided to eat at Spencer's and heard it was good. Well, we found out it was excellent!! The food and the drink were exceptional. We all agreed that we have never had a steak cooked to perfection like the one's from Spencer's. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014Good food, terrible service. Over an hour wait for food, There are too many other choices for food to settle for this. Definitely over rated/ lots more choices
- A special eventG2GoDined on 2/6/2014Expensive but food and service were exceptional. Save this one for special events for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadeOurSpecialOccassionOutstandingSEOYDined on 2/6/2014Incredible service with exceptional special touches. In the reservation, I noted that we were celebrating a special event. They surprised us with incredible "extras". Complimentary champagne toast for all 5 of us... special amuse bouche from the chef, and individually boxed truffles as we were leaving. The piano player even came over to ask about special requests. Our server Gillian was truly outstanding. The food was very good, 2 had the filet, 2 had trout, and 1 pork. The sides were plentiful to share - the mac and cheese was a standout. The only small disappointment was that the pork dish was quite dry. Highly recommed to everyone out for celebrating with a group. Noise level is energetic - which for fine for our event.Special Features:
- Exotic choices for foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2014This place has all the usual menu items for a high end steakhouse plus some exotic dishes for the adventurous diner. I had the venison tartare, which was excellent and had great presentation, and the elk loin which was perfect at medium rare. I highly recommend trying this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awaylocaldinerDined on 1/3/2014This is not your usual hotel restaurant, the food and service exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencersBBC1Dined on 12/31/2013Fabulous New Year's Eve dinner, food on par with fine dining in ATL, NY, and SFO. It is in Orlando and there were families with small children in this upscale restaurant so it did slow service slightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for the qualityjohnDined on 12/28/2013expensive for the quality of food especially the dessert(taken off bill though)
- ChristmasapolloacsDined on 12/25/2013We went so that spouse did not have a prepare a dinner. It was a long time getting served. We had to request a wine refill from the bottle we purchased we had to wait for our appetizers we had ordered. For the price of the meal, a little bit of attention to detail would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- Typical Disney RestaurantDominicVIPDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant was suppose to be a very good dinning experience. I would equate this to dinning at Olive Garden.
- Food was delicious and theMariaDined on 12/24/2013Food was delicious and the price was surprisingly reasonable. We love to stay at Orlando Hilton--- and we always stay at this hotel and the 15% discount on the restaurants in the hotel makes it more enjoyable to dine and stay longer!Special Features:
- AmazinglocaldinerDined on 12/21/2013Our server Scott was outstanding. The food is amazing. Must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding againjrcasey77Dined on 11/29/2013Food and service are truly outstanding! Che took excellent care of us - including the empress kit! The menu here is wonderful! Steak was perfect. Scallops were wonderful! We'll be back without question!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT Food and Service!EightVIPDined on 11/9/2013I chose this restaurant for meeting up with two business associates that were visiting from out of town. I had never been here before, but saw all great reviews online. Spencer's more than lived up to them. The service from Che, our server, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and friendly, and helped us choose the right menu items, as well as the wine. The portions were generous, and the steaks were outstanding. I travel a lot, and have had many steak dinners, and this was one of the best, ever. The Manager, Pedro, stopped by to ensure all was well. We had a drink at the bar beforehand, (and afterward), and the bartender Angelo made us feel right at home and made great martini. I would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCspradlinDined on 11/8/2013All I can say is this restaurant is fantastic from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarymarsigsdDined on 11/5/2013We celebrated our anniversary there and it was absolutely wonderful. We had the crab cakes and it was actually all crab meat. Both my wife and I had the New York strip steak and it was cooked to perfection. The best steak I ever had. I would love to go back there at anytime; just wish there was a Spencer's in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never heard too much aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/2/2013Never heard too much about Spencers when I made the reservations. Turned out to be a real treat for our party of 6. Service was over the top. I can't remember when I have had a better prime steak. Our server, Omar, could not have been more attentive. He made the dinner and our experience wonderful. Then as we left our cars were waiting outside with 2 bottles of water, a box of chocolates and a hand written thank you note. I have dined in 100's of restaurants and have never had such treatment. Fantastic!Special Features:
- farm to table in a hiltonChefDocVIPDined on 10/26/2013low country cuisine elevated very high in this gem of a restaurant...service and wine impeccable and food, especially the pork belly appetizer and lamb chops unparalleled!Special Features:
- Food quality, service anddoubledbDined on 10/25/2013Food quality, service and overall noise level were very good. However, we found the appetizers and main courses to be a bit too "pricey."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Business meetinglmcsDined on 10/24/2013I met two old business friends for dinner, we had not been able to sit and catch up for several years. The atmosphere was inviting, food was great and prepared exactly to each of our preferences. Gillian, was helpful & knowledgeable with wine selections and menu specifics. My lamb chops were perfect, the mac and cheese is as good as any I have ever had anywhere. I dined at the bar two nights previously and had the flounder over kale, cooked to perfection, moist and not over done. As good as any NYC / Brooklyn or Raleigh / Durham restaurants I frequent. Altough this was a relaxed reunion with freinds, I would not hesitate to book Specners for a serious business meeting or romantic outing with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING DINING SURPRIZELolaDined on 10/24/2013We often take advantage of the September magical dining opportunities and we were not able to make it to Spencer's for their special however we found their information and menu intriguing enough that we decided to go in October and are so glad we did. I can see us going there once a month. The service was the best, the food was perfect in appearance, taste and temperature. I would highly recommend it. The valet service was amazing and the Restraunt manager had water, chocolate and a thank you note left in our car which was located right outside the Restraunt door all just because it was our first visit and we were locals! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Quality and ServicehundfschmidtVIPDined on 10/22/2013I took 7 of my employees there from a neighboring hotel. For a restaurant in a hotel, the quality and service were surprisingly great. Bar scene was very blah and not warm, but the dinner portion of the evening was above my expectations. Decent wine list that was slightly pricey. Food was great. I'll go back again.Special Features:
- Loved the fish24dinnerVIPDined on 10/22/2013My wife and I went to Spencer's and we were surprised at the variety of the menu. They have a selection of steaks and many choices of fish. I tried the Cobia and it was perfect along with a side of cheese grits and a Spencer's salad to start. To me this was Florida dining at it's best. My wife had a filet and the mac and cheese that she said was amazing and large enough to carry home half of it for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well DoneMattKDined on 10/12/2013This is where I chose for my birthday dinner as I wanted something different. This has a decent Zagat rating has an interesting menu (bison is what I ended up choosing and it was very well executed, superb taste, and a good portion size). They offer ostrich, filet, multiple fish choices, and their sides are also excellent. My friend chose a white fish and it was perfectly cooked, solid flavor arrangement, and well plated. My mother chose the Spencer's Cut (ribeye), it was one of the best steaks either of us have had (rivals Fleming's and Ruth's Chris easily). The sides we chose were the baked potato, mac and cheese, and truffle french fries. The potato is certainly the largest potato they could've found, ever. They were all very excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow best steak in long timeSueboVIPDined on 10/5/2013Had the grass fed steak, and wow it was like butter melting in your mouth. Best steak in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening/great service!mans02Dined on 10/4/2013Spencer's highly recommended within the Hilton as well as Orlando residents. Did not disappoint! Bartender Christine - amazing skills with Bourbon! She was friendly and provided the right amount of "attention" and "space" to kick our evening off right. Che our server - phenomenal. Again, present enough to provide all we needed, but gave us time to thoroughly enjoy our meal. My steak - outstanding. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is wonderful. ManagementsssgVIPDined on 10/3/2013Service is wonderful. Management is great. I highly recomendSpecial Features:
- Magical DiningMaraDined on 9/28/2013We stopped in for magical dining at Spencer's this last weekend. The food and service was great. Ask for Scott to be your server. He did a fantastic job and was very friendly to some first timers in our party. Would recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grass fed beefPappyVIPDined on 9/26/2013If you do not car for grass fed beef, which has a distinctly different flavor, than this is not the steak house for you.Special Features:
- Great food!audreyandmikeDined on 9/24/2013We were there for Magically Dining Month and really enjoyed everything we ordered. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.