Spencer’s for Steak and Chops – DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
322 N Spokane Falls Ct
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Spencer’s for Steak and Chops – DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://spencersforsteaksandchops.com/spokane/index.cfm
- Phone: 5097442372
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeromy Farnsworth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Spencer’s for Steak and Chops – DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
Aged, hand-cut, and seared to perfection. Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Spokane is the ultimate steakhouse restaurant. Spencer's uses the highest quality USDA Prime, locally sourced, aged 21 to 28 days, beef. Meats are prepared in a 1600 degree infrared broiler, ensuring juiciness, tenderness, and flavor. We also offer fresh seafood, including Parmesan crusted halibut, sashimi grade Ahi tuna, and cold-water Lobster tail. Our famous chops and innovative side dishes are prepared with an undeniably creative flair. Friendly conversation, handcrafted martinis, and fine wines are featured in our dining room and our full service lounge. Celebrate life with the perfect meal, prepared and served in style at the premiere Spokane restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spencer’s for Steak and Chops – DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- parking situationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We had an issue with parking. The valet service informed us -no spots here or in the garage We explained we had dinner reservations He was very blunt in saying we have no spots to park and did not offer an alternative. We realize it is not Spencers fault, but affects you If we wouldn't have had another couple waiting for us inside Spencers we would have left The other couple had the same experience with parking as we did. We all noticed that we were one of only three tables filled in Spencers on a Friday evening at 7:45 p.m. The bar was only partially fullSpecial Features:
- Business DinnerZmanbCCDined on 10/7/2014Great experience, service was appropriate and did not rush us. Food was excellent, with everything brought out together. My clients enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- LazyK74VIPDined on 9/26/2014Have been here many times...always a special treat.Special Features:
- OutstandingMMD66Dined on 9/2/2014The food is outstanding- presented well and lots of unique choices. Service is good but could be a bit more attentive. Nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer's and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Overall our experience was good. Our waiter was helpful and courteous. Our steaks and seafood were excellent, and the side dishes were delicious. My two caveats were the cocktails were quite weak, and they were not very food allergy friendly. My husband's neat bourbon was a scant one ounce pour and I could barely taste the bourbon in my drink. Nearly every item on the menu contained dairy. That said, I would recommend this restaurant, but in the future I will stick to steak and wine. They do have an extensive and interesting wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Everything cooked perfectly. Love the menu - familiar instead of overly innovative; could enjoy everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, setting and serviceeaglefanDined on 8/13/2014Always great steaks and sides. This time we enjoyed the "Spencer's steak" bone-in ribeye, loaded hash browns, charred asparagus and creamed spinach. Of course, it is pricey, everything ala carte. But they allow you to share both entrees and side dishes, so it ends up being quite reasonable, especially for the quality. (Our thanks to our server for pointing this out.) Even with splitting, the portions were so generous our take home provided another meal for my wife the next night. I brought a special bottle of wine, and it was served expertly. Reasonable corkage fee, too. Spencer's is our restaurant of choice whenever attending an event at the nearby Opera House. Great food and free valet parking minutes from the entertainment venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverechargedDined on 7/30/2014Overall meal was highly overpriced. 3 people--#1 soup & salad #2 Salad with 3 prawns #3 steamed vegetables 1-wine 1-beer 1 coffee 3 single scoop ice cream. $117.98 with 20% tip is an overcharge!
- 1st time diningMCBrownDined on 7/27/2014This was my first time dining at Spencer's and it was a great experience. The service, wine & food were great. I will tell my friends about Spencer's and hope to dine there again soonSpecial Features:
- Great find!FoodieDined on 6/27/2014Everything was perfect. Great food and fantastic wine. My only complaint was that the waitor didn't tell us about the "Hoopfest Anniversary Special".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Spencer’s for Steak and Chops – DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center reviews archive.
- NiceWontok2Dined on 6/18/2014Good food and service was great and they pointed out our special anniversary celebration. Only item for improvement was the bar area was noisy and bled over into restaurant making it hard to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceGregDined on 6/13/2014Very professional and courtious. Best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningDavidDined on 5/24/2014This was our first time at Spencer's and we were not disappointed. The steaks were great but what surprised us was the portion size on the appetizers and sides. We had the crab cakes, prawns, green beans and potato hash. All were excellent and we would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Dinner and a PlaySandKDined on 5/15/2014My husband and I were celebrating a very occasion, with dinner and tickets to see Wicked. We decided to go to Spencer's because it was close to the Opera House and it had been 24 yrs since the last time we were there. It's was very romantic and the food was fabulous. The service was great. Just wish I'd would have had room for dessert. I can tell you, we wait so long, before returning. Thanks for a great start to a magical evening.Special Features:
- Broadway BabeSteakLoverDined on 5/15/2014We love having dinner before a broadway show. Convenient, quick and easy service. Always a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suziDined on 5/13/2014I had my granddaughter for a special night out and our dinner reservations were for 5:45. The waitress was very nice, but did not discuss the dishes with us and forgot to let us know the specials, My granddaughter wanted a milkshake, the waitress said it would be too hard to make and too big for her to drink. I dont know if this is correct, however she did not check to see if it was possible. The service was very slow, we had reservations for 7:30 at the Opera House and we were not served until 6:30, did not have time for desert and had to take it to go to eat at the Wicked play intermission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food at its bestJThrasherDined on 5/11/2014my wife and I split the 32 ounce porterhouse creamed spinich and fresh oysters on the half shell , followed by a few drinks , it was very good . We eat here often and have never been dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Been here many times and everytime our food and service is above and beyond..Granted one of the meals of one of our diners was'nt satisfying but they accknolwegded that and complimented the desert. I would come back again and again :) Best Steak in town! And everytime our desert is FANTATIC, best Creme Brule EVER!!!!Special Features:
- No ambianceFoodie678543Dined on 5/10/2014Construction immediately outside windows. Steaks were good, not amazing. Side dishes of smashed potatoes and creamed spinach were excellent.Special Features:
- Great DinnerIdaFoodieDined on 4/30/2014Steak and halibut were amazing and the caprese salad was perfect. Portions are big on sides you order separately, seemed sized for 4 people unless you just order 1 or 2.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseHaolemonDined on 4/26/2014We went here for our son's 40th birthday. We travel from the SF Bay Area every year for his birthday, and kind of alternate between here and Churchhill's. The food is always good, and for the price it should be. This year we had a rather long wait for the food, but I think this was because 3 or 4 large tables ordered just before we did. The cocktails were good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!stretched53Dined on 4/25/2014I went to Spencer's for the first, but certainly not the last, time ever on April 25. I chose the restaurant based on the reviews I read on the Trip Advisor website and was gratified to find the positive ones were right. The waiter gave me time to review the wine list and time to enjoy a glass before taking my meal order. The steak was cooked exactly as requested and the sides were perfectly suited to the meal. I will go back every time I am in Spokane, and would recommend this restaurant to everyone who enjoys a great steak.Special Features:
- Dinner with DadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I took my father here, he visiting for the Easter Holiday from Montana. We enjoyed the dinner. The price is too high, as no steak is worth that. However, as a special occasion venue, it is acceptable. Thanks.Special Features:
- Dinner at Spencer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We went for a Birthday to the Restaurant,this was our third visit.Service was friendly and good.My Wife had the Filet Mignon which she liked,my New York Steak was a poor one it was not up to the cost.It looked to me it was just warmed up,quality of Meat not what I expect in a good Steak House.Also ordered medium, but it arrived more to the rare side. Did not care either for the Shrimp Cocktail,the Basil Sauce with it was not what I liked.Baked Potatoe was good,cooked freshly,they Mushrooms ok too.I received a "free"Icecream"you guys have to work on the presentation,just a heap on a salad plate like dish,awful looking. I suspect we came on the wrong night,the A crew was off.I did not write that to get a free Meal,etc.Special Features:
- Business Lunchnewkidd37Dined on 4/18/2014My team and I were attending a conference at the Spokane Convention Center, and I wanted a special lunch to reward the group for attending on their day off. Spencer's is next door so we decided to give it a try. Our table was ready when we arrived, and the waiter asked immediately if we had a time constraint, which we did. The menu was interesting enough to keep everyone happy, the food was out in a timely manner, and our waiter made suggestions that made things just a bit better. The group was pleased with their choices, and everything was hot and fresh. The caper aoli was particularly a hit. We were out right on time with what I thought was a reasonable bill for 8 diners. Nice introduction to Spencer's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great improvmentjandjDined on 4/10/2014My wife and I haven't been back to this restaurant for about 3 years due to a very poor dining experience with our daughter. Both the service as well as the food were awful on this occasion, and both had been declining for some time. Well we finally decided to try it again. It was great. Both the food, as well as the service were outstanding. We will be happy to go back and enjoy the restaurant again. Please keep it up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we got there we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014When we got there we were the only ones in the place so having my 3 grandchildren (4-6) was great. I was the birthday boy (65) so for lunch I got the most expensive item... and got the smallest filet and a giant prawn and 2 sticks of vegie. my wife got the hamburger and it had more and cost almost half. So the price for what you get.... not good. Lunch for 3 was 95 bucks. will we return... no not until I win the mega jackpot.Special Features:
- My wife and I took my momBearDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I took my mom there for her birthday. The food was great as well as the service. We got there for an early dinner so it was not busy and it was quiet. I have been here before and the noise level has been on the quiet side which is nice. Kudos to the staff as they always do a great job.Special Features:
- Wonderful Steaks - Great BirthdayTTindallDined on 4/2/2014My husband LOVES steak; a friend recommended Spencers. We booked our reservation on line. Met with a friendly attendant who offered free valet if eating at Spencers. The restaurant was warm and inviting. Beautiful bar, rich warm tones with nice lighting. We were promptly seated and enjoyed a few cocktails and then a seared Ahi appetizer which really was excellent. Our server was fabulous; knowing the menu and making well informed suggestions. He was timely and consistently making sure we had everything we needed. The dinner served to us was absolutely amazing. The steaks were cooked to perfection and were tender and juicy. Bacon mac and cheese was fab! They also helped with the birthday celebrations, arranging candles and cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary experiencePaulvDined on 3/28/2014Everything about our annual meal for our anniversary was, as usual, great. The waitress was fantastic. We will be back again next year when we celebrate our 45th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In making a reservation, ifdp08161950Dined on 3/28/2014In making a reservation, if one could indicate a location preference, or booth/table, that would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak in SpokaneJimboDined on 3/27/2014My daughter and I make a habit of eating here at least once during our yearly visits to Spokane for the volleyball tournament. Their beef is as good or better than the highly touted and to some extent more expensive steak houses of San Francisco, but don't think you will be eating cheap -- this place is pretty expensive too, but worth it food wise, with experienced wait staff, a fairly limited but well selected wine list, and some interesting side dishes large enough to feed two. Lively bar crowd on weekends and a separate bar menu for a less expensive meal. Surprised on this last visit they charge for the sauces, would prefer to see your choice of sauce included in the price of the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great alongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014The service was great along with every meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Service and food were both better than we have experienced in a long time.Special Features:
- I felt the food was way tooGaryDined on 3/9/2014I felt the food was way too expensive for what you got. I ordered the 12oz New York and it was OK, but not worth the $42 (ala carte).
- Room To Grow Into ExpectationsgreatfoodfanDined on 3/7/2014Spencer's holds the distinction as the established steakhouse in Spokane serving Prime grade beef. The ambiance hits the right note with the exception that the lights were too low. The menu fits classic steakhouse orthodoxy; the wine list is robust. Our server went MIA for 20 minutes after we ordered wine. I expect there was a legitimate crisis somewhere else but would have liked to see him offer us salads or dessert on the house. He didn't and his rehearsed speech on Prime graded beef felt rote. He did point us to a great bottle of wine that we had not noticed. Our steaks were cooked spot on. The spinach side was a garlic-lover's dream. The onion soup was exceptional. I'll slip back in for lunch for another bowl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceluvredwineDined on 3/7/2014Even though the food was good, I didn't feel it was worth the price. There are other steak houses in town who prepare a better steak for less money. Great selection of wine!
- CelebratingDalli08Dined on 3/2/2014We had a wonderful night celebrating my husband's promotion! Thank-you for the excellent ambiance and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Restaurant WeekerMarkDined on 3/1/2014My fiancee and I tried a steakhouse in Spokane last year (Churchills) for Restaurant Week and had a great experience. We figured we would try Spencer's this year but did not have the same experience. The way I understood RW to have worked is that those who can't normally afford some of the finer dining options in Spokane are given a break on the high prices, not nickel and dimed as I felt we were. The portion sizes were incredibly small (3-4 ounce steaks) and I was still hungry upon leaving. With the parking fee, which I was too late that it was included, I dropped 100 dollars for a dinner for two that did not satisfy and was a large rip-off in my opinion for what we got. I will not be returning to Spencers nor recommending it to others.
- We brought our own wine andLuvmywineDined on 2/25/2014We brought our own wine and asked it to be decanted. It took about 15 minutes for the server to get back to us. We sat there drinking our water. The service was slow and very impersonal.Special Features: