158 South Military Rd.
Slidell, LA 70461Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.speckledts.com/
- Phone: 9856461728
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Southern
- Executive Chef: Scott Esteve
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full catering menu is accessible through the website. Please call for pricing as we are able to customize our menu to your event and budget. Full off-site and on-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: A small private dining room is available for intimate events up to 40 guest. For larger events, the entire venue is available after speaking with a manager for consultation.
- Private Party Contact: Delena Esteve 9852497725
- Entertainment: Monday nights we feature a live Saints show with 2 Saints players from 5pm to 7pm and the prep football player of the week. Every Tuesday night is DJ Trivia night at 7pm. Live bands on Thursday through Sunday nights. Live jazz band on Sundays for our brunch buffet from 11am to 2pm.
- Special Events: The following dates are ticketed events; contact for purchase information. Tickets must be purchased before making a reservation. December 14, 2012 Vince Vance Holiday Party 5pm - until December 31, 2012 Supercharger New Year's Eve Party 8pm - until
A word from Speckled T's
A full-service, family-friendly seafood restaurant offering local cuisine and fresh seafood daily paired with live entertainment and a dance floor. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Sunday Jazz Brunch Buffet is a tradition at Speckled T’s!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Speckled T's reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Prices too high for no A/COpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014It was hot. The food was not worth the price paid. The service was okay until the waiter decided we had been there long enough at which time it became in unacceptable. They included gratuity on the check when we were a party of six and there policy clearly states that they do this only for parties of 8 or more. We normally tip heavily when we linger but not when the service is poor. My trout Pontchartrain was dry. I will not be back
- Dinnner annd Live MusicGoombahDined on 8/22/2014Food is always good and service is as well. Great seafood entrees. There is always live music on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEandLCCDined on 8/15/2014We had reservations, called earlier in the day to confirm. Upon arrival, we were informed of a 'newly decided' cover charge, even if ordering food, AND that our reserved table was outside on the patio. Now, you can't even hear the band from outside, so what's the point? We are, or were, frequent patrons of speckled t's, but don't think we will be returning, not even for the awesome sounds of Supercharger. We will find them somewhere else, to hear them.
- Waited too longDaddyDined on 8/9/2014While the food service and atmosphere were all very good, we had to wait nearly an hour to be seated and basically took matters into our own hands by accepting a table for four then pulling up a second table to accommodate our 5 member party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music And DinnerGoombahDined on 8/1/2014Listened to Groovy 7 whe having dinner and we stayed for the concert. Great food and service. Nice to listen to live music and have adequate seating with no smoking allowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speckled T's after dark experienceladderboss17Dined on 8/1/2014I eat at Speckled Ts all the time, the food is always delicious and the atmosphere is great. On this particular night, Groovy 7 was live on stage. .. with bands like that on stage this place is a 10! Great food, great atmosphere, amazing band... appetizer. ... NACHOS ARE A MUST HAVE! Only small complaint is the service slows down tremendously on live music nights. Had the band not been a perfect 10, we would have left early. Overall, i still give it a 9 out of 10. Waitress did her best, and with that kind of crowd and chaos I can overlook the slow service, others may not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MBmay763Dined on 7/31/2014i have enjoyed going to speckle T's for food and band. I have only couple of issues dance floor is not large enough with all the tables. Also when reserving a table will not let you be seated unless all parties are there. Other than that all great.Special Features:
- Something ChangedEandLCCDined on 7/30/2014We eat here frequently, it is usually very good. However, the past couple of times the food was not even tolerable. Cold, uncooked, just Not good at all, we sent it back. You might think this deserved a free drink??.....well, not at this restaurant. We will continue to go, for the live music....however, we will probably stop and eat before we get there.
- Noise levelExercisephysDined on 7/19/2014We love coming there for after dark. The biggest complaint is that it is too loud! We had people in our party from in their 20's to 50's and everyone complains about it. There has to be a way to turn the speakers down. The place is too small for the music to be that loud. We usually come with a big party like 1-2 times a month. However, we do have some that won't come back because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speckled T'sTrevorDined on 7/1/2014We were looking for seafood close to the hotel and this was the first restaurant with good reviews that popped up, so we gave it a try. We were sat quickly and the service was good. Food was ok, a lot of local favorites on there. Too much of the menu was fried, so I went with a steak that was rather fatty. Not a big deal though. Seafood gumbo was very good and spicy. Overall a good find.Special Features:
- food bands greattopcatloverDined on 6/27/2014Great place for food great service and great bands food music dancing always a great crowd thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!Foodie4lifeDined on 6/13/2014Everything was amazing! Def worth the drive, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014The food was cold and it wasn't that good. Our Bread pudding was cold in the middle and when we sent it back they brought us the same one and it was still cold.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Speckled T's reviews archive.
- Food was great, waitress horribleMjaljackson63Dined on 5/2/2014This was my 3rd time at speckled t's. The food has always been great. The 2nd time I was there was with a group of about 10, our waitress was Josephine, we had bad service, she messed up orders and we didn't get refills. She definently did herself a favor by adding gratuity to our checks. Friday night, I took my family to eat, 4 adults and 2 kids. It was freezing in there, I had to fetch jackets from my car for the kids. And Josephine was our waitress again. We ordered the sportsman platter. We received half the order first and not until we finished all that an then asked about the rest of the order (oysters and boiled shrimp) did we receive it. Everybody was already full. And we didn't get drink refills either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesdays with G-MomRhysDined on 4/22/2014The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was very good though the raw oysters that I had were dry, as if they had been sitting out for a while and they were very small. I'll try them grilled next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for the musictpavDined on 4/11/2014but fell in love with the food and the staff. By far the freshest raw oysters I have ever tasted. Kudos to u on the grilled as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was awesome I just have to say that there is too much speaker for the size of the room. I music was way to freaking loud it was nauseating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!WannieDined on 4/4/2014I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends and colleagues. Great atmosphere for dining with friends especially after work. Love the live music performance that I experience during my outing on Friday night. This is my new hot spot!!! Had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometopcatloverDined on 3/29/2014We go to Speckled T's at least 2 or 3 times a month. The food and service is always excellent, and we love the bands that play there on weekends.Special Features:
- Good place for a change of pacejOESSSDined on 3/21/2014a little on the loud side, but that can be expected with a live band. Service was very good, quick service and nice staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value steak nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014We went to Speckled Ts for steak night and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It is always busy and has a sports bar at one end and often a live band but before 9 the restaurant is family friendly. The food is really tasty and the service is always excellent. If you want good value, tasty food in a popular and busy restaurant then this is the place for you. Give it a try - we love it!Special Features:
- Good food but slow servicemycupcakeDined on 2/19/2014The food was good but service was very slow. Very long wait for the food. I ordered soup for my appetizer and had to ask for it after everyone else at my table had already been served. When I received my soup it was cold and had to be returned. I noticed that other guest that arrived after our party were served and halfway done with there meals before we were served any of our food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner d's takeDinerdDined on 2/14/2014Had a 7:30 reservation and didn't get seated until 8:30, this place isn't a restaurant at night on Friday or Saturday night- it's a night club for people who can't get over the 80's. People are there to see the band, drink and dance, therefore they refuse to yield their table to fresh diners. The wait staff is overwhelmed trying to fill drink orders and seem bothered when diners actually want to order dinner. The menu is very basic and the food is average. The menu and food was much better when the place was just a restaurant.Special Features:
- Energenic place @ nite,quiet daylyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great fun place to listen to some tunes while you eat dinner.Staff works hard to please people.Do yrself a favor and make a resv. for special days & be on time, only hold 10 min. Food was good but temp could have been hotter but you were VERY busy so understand. Need bigger place 4 dance floor w/ band playing. Great craftbeer list. Girls really move to serve customers. Nice varied menu, (great to expand seasonally?).Great band you had on VD.They were a cross over to several generations.We had a lovely time,my husband & I really enjoyed, (We in our late 50's.) Will be back, as before. So glad you opened such a nice place. Haven't tried brunch or late night yet so no comment on that. Nice scenic view outsidePLEASEAdd bubblyS/F flavored water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They canceled my ReservationsBnT62Dined on 2/13/2014I had Valintines Day reservations the were made days before and they called and canceled my reservations at 3:00 on Valintines Day. They said they would put me on a waiting list and that we would get a table they just didn't know what time we would get the table. When we got there the restaurant was packed , we were put on a waiting list with 28 tables ahead of us. We left and ate somewhere else. We are very disappointed and so were several other people waiting for seats that had also made reservations days before.
- Friday nightTiger2LouDined on 2/7/2014We went on a Friday night to take advantage of the Senior discount. Ever thing we had was excellent and we will definitely go back again. Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Time at Speckled T'sCarmelDined on 1/17/2014Our hostess and server did an outstanding job on such a busy night! We had a great time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC GUESSBOBCDined on 1/17/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT. MY SON AND WIFE WAS VISITING FROM DC AND ENJOYED THE FOOD. THE PRICES ARE GREAT FOR THIS AREA. THE SERVICE WAS GOOD. DEFINITELY WILL BA BACK AGAIN SOON.Special Features:
- Speckled T's is good for not to $$$DocmanDined on 12/21/2013I've been there 10-15 times. I will admit, I am lazy. It is just around the corner and if I drink too much I can walk home. They have good food (not foodie quality, but good), good bands (that are a bit loud), and you can dance. Sometimes it is 8 pm when the GF and I finish work. We have food to cook, but it is just too easy to have a drink then go to Speckled T's for dinner. Usually quick service even if it is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving AwesomebeattDined on 11/28/2013Eating Thanksgiving out for the first time was somewhat exciting. Just hoped we would like the food as much as the family's fare. The food was great. Our server was a natural. She wasn't overboard, just friendly and had time to take great care of us. Told our kids we would have to do that together one year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyfoodie1978Dined on 11/22/2013Food was just OK and way over priced for what it was. The redfish was excellent but everything else was just OK. Two entrees, two drinks, two appetizers, plus tax and tip...for just TWO people...was about $95! We will not visit again unless we plan to just split an appetizer and listen to the entertainment.Special Features:
- Food & service great as always.RegularsVIPDined on 11/1/2013Food & service great as always. Band was great Need to book them more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placetopcatloverDined on 10/17/2013Love the food entertainment staff best place in slidellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a fun placeExercisephysDined on 10/5/2013We mostly come for the after dark. To dance and listen to the band. Drinks and food are a little pricey. We have a good time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay overall2diner2Dined on 10/3/2013Waiter was great (Ryan) A bit noisy Food was great. Tables are a little close. We will return to see if the noise level will come down a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time for all!pmedicDined on 9/26/2013What a great night at Speckled T's! Great food, fantastic music and best of all, great prices! We will be back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2013This place rocks! Had a great seafood dinner while a listened to a terrific band on stage (The Meanies). The service, the food, and the entertainment were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingHiDSmilesDined on 8/25/2013If you like perfectly fried seafood, this is the place to dine. The special seafood platter for two was enough for at least three adults. Friendly atmosphere, quick service server knew what she was doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAphroditexxixDined on 8/3/2013Found this spot by accident. Love,love,love this place! We live an hour and a half away in Mississippi and have been back 4 times already. We brought 4 friends this past time and are already making plans to come back. Fantastic food, super friendly servers, and great live bands! Wish the dance floor was a little bigger, but other than that there is nothing bad to say about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFishTDined on 7/26/2013We ordered the Stuffed Flounder special and honestly it wasn't very good for two reasons. Main and biggest reason is both plates/fish were full of rib bones. Second, it was dry. Chef/cook should never send a fish dish out full of bones. He/she really should serve that dish with a wht shrimp/crab cream sauce over the top. We will never order the fish again...sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.