Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar
16499 NE 74th
Redmond, WA 98052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spazzo.com/
- Phone: 4258814400x
- Hours of Operation:
Seven Days a Week
Sunday-Thursday 11:00am – 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am – 10:00pm
Seven Days a Week
3:00pm to Close
(In the wine bar and patio only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andre Decker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Daniel's Catering at (425) 990-6310.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR
Seven Days a Week
3pm to Close
(In the wine bar only)
A word from Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar
We offer contemporary Italian cuisine using old world techniques.Continued
Featuring fresh pasta and salads, slow-roasted meats, unique pizzas and housemade desserts.
Featuring fresh pasta and salads, slow-roasted meats, unique pizzas and housemade desserts.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Redmond ›
Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (11)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- spazzo was very nice!Deb1Dined on 10/23/2014Great service, very friendly, nice atmosphere, good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with amazing staffpiflayDined on 10/21/2014With two small children you usually walk into a restaurant and expect a certain level of disdain but we were greeted with happy faces that were welcoming to my children and me. All of the staff that stopped to check in on us also directed attention to the kids which we all know helps any situation go more smoothly. Food came out and was delicious and I applaud them for bringing out the kids food first and on plates that would not burn their little hands. Even as we were leaving I had staff eager to help and give the kids positive interaction. Food was amazing as always and came out in a timely manner that allowed me to finish a course before the next was put on the table.Special Features:
- Dinner for the 3 for $30 for 6MayhemDined on 10/20/2014Our group went for the 3 for $30 dinner and all six said they enjoyed the food. The service was excellent. It was relatively quiet since it was a Monday night but there still was plenty of noise from those in the restaurant. I would consider having dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for late nighterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014This is a classy Italian restaurant and Wine bar tucked away in the Redmond town center. It has a great wine selection, good service and a romantic charm to it. It's also perfect for groups and business lunches. Good food and a sports bar touch make up for a pretty great place for the special night out or a place you can take a guest out to for a good time.Special Features:
- Good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2014I had the chopped salad and it was good. Waitress was very good.
- Great eveningAnneVIPDined on 9/27/2014I met a group of girlfriends here for dinner. We have a wide variety of dining preferences and there was something for everyone. The food was delicious and served promptly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayDavidVIPDined on 9/26/2014The server was genuinely friendly and interested in my dining experience; not scripted or "doing his job". The food was fantastic - bruschetta was delicious, the tomato bisque was "comfort food" and the spaghetti & meatballs was the best I've ever had. The sauce was uniquely delicious. Wine list is great, I had a wonderful Malbec. I love the ambiance - not too dark, nicely quiet, ad comfortable seating: but still a lot of people to make it feel alive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food at SpazzoflavorseekerDined on 9/25/2014We have been several times to this restaurant, never with a great experience, but an ok one and we avoid a lot of Bellevue traffic getting there. However this time the food (chicken piccata) just didn't have much flavor. In the end we felt the cost of the meal exceeded its quality. We will be looking for light-traffic alternatives to Spazzo Redmond.
- DeliciousmrbitDined on 9/21/2014I love the chicken piccata here and the bruschetta is divine. Not too crowded on weeknights and the location in Redmond Town Center is very convenient (free parking)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014One of the patrons with me had ordered the rockfish and it came over cooked and she could not eat it. Another of the patrons ordered the chicken alfredo and it was not creamy as it should be, the noodles were more clumped and sticking together although she did eat most of it as she put cream in it that was for her coffee. Another patron and myself had soup and salad and it was very good. The waiter was very good. Management did take the fish off the order and gave that person a dessert also.
- Quality and consistencyGarlicManVIPDined on 9/19/2014You know what you're going to get when you go to Spazzo's. Good people, good food, good place. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went there on Friday for our date night. When we got seated it took a while for our waiter to come and greet us. We placed our order for drink. My husband received his drink and they forgot my water. My husband received his food and again they forgot about mine. My husband and I ended up splitting his dish until mine came. By the time my dish came we were already half way done with his food. We had to ask the serve to fill out water glasses. One time I even asked the manager to fill it. That is when I was really upset. He spilled water on the table while filling.Special Features:
- Good but a little priceyScottDined on 9/16/2014Enjoyed my dinner. Appreciated have a quiet corner for conversation with my party. Prompt, friendly service. Entrees are a little pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gefryjrVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great meal, friendly service, easy reservations, and noise level low enough for conversation! I will definitely be back!
- It's okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food not bad but nothing special. Service tried hard but a bit imposing.
- SpazzoSharpshooterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great food and great service, our waitress Malika great with a very witted sense of humor.
- Perfect settingcarnation57Dined on 8/28/2014Had a business dinner and was given a perfect quiet table. Wine was excellent and a good value. Food was perfect! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatTriciaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not so great this time, service was very slow and food was just ok. But last time we were there, they were outstanding in all categories. So don't sell them short.Special Features:
- Very average food, good for kidsDinerDameVIPDined on 8/1/2014I was looking for a kid-friendly place for a large party/birthday celebration. Nice place, had fun, service was good (not excellent). The food is bland, predictable, un imaginative and just plain blah! I give the food 5 out of 10.Special Features:
- Thanks!marky4markVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had a great dinner and a great time. The filet was cooked perfect. The service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOutoftownguestDined on 7/20/2014We arrived at 7:30 on a Sunday evening, and there were not many customers. We sat where we wanted and received terrific service; everything from requesting information about the Mariners' game to asking to speak to the manager was accommodated quickly and graciously. Food was pretty good, although the main courses were a bit salty. This was our first visit to the Redmond spot, and we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedSpoonmanDined on 7/20/2014The food is over priced. The servings were not as hot as they should have been when they arrived. The wines per glass were quite good and reasonably priced. The service was prompt and very good, this was early in the evening.
- Good DinnerMarkyMarkDined on 7/18/2014We Had a very nice dinner, Copper River Salmon and some Fettacinnie with some drinks. For was good and the staff were helpful.
- Pizza was tasty.neko111Dined on 7/17/2014My friend and I will go back just to order Spazzo's Pizza again. It was super tasty. I ordered prosciutto pizza and my friend ordered Carne Pizza.Special Features:
- ExcellentWayneDined on 7/16/2014Great food, fantastic service, very nice wines. My wife and I love going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duckyDined on 7/15/2014We as a couple have been coming to Spazzo since it opened. No matter when we go their, the staff and food are great. We have work up to Epicurean Club Card, with this fine Restaurant. We have recommended this fine Restaurant to our friends and anyone who wanted to know of a fine dining in the area. One thing for sure they have a great dinner menu and great wine list. We just had our 41st wedding Anniversary and had it at Spazzo. What a great evening that they gave us as a couple, from the Manager to the staff. We spend 9 months out of the year In Mesa AZ. When we are back In town we will always go back their every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not tasty foodchrispitaDined on 7/3/2014The only good food we had was the bruschetta and the house made Sangria. The Bolognese was extremely greasy, the meat was burned- as if it was microwaved. The chicken fettucine was bland, no seasoning. We don't plan on returning, nor would we recommend it.
- The following 539 reviews are from the Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great ServiceSepticDined on 6/22/2014The food is good but nothing to write home about. Service was great. I'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but way, way too rushed!AyaCDined on 6/21/2014Went for nice anniversary dinner. 5 min after seated, the server took drink order, delivered very shortly. When we ordered drinks, we placed our appetizer, salad & main course selections. Drinks promptly delivered. No complaints! Bread, freshly heated. Nicely done! Appetizer delivered within 10 min. Not bad! That's when it all went wrong. Not even 5 min later, the salad was delivered. While still eating the appetizer & now the salad, the main course was delivered. All delivered within 20 min. No time to enjoy anything. Server never checked on us until we stopped eating. After looking forward to a nice romantic dinner, we were in and out in less than 35 min! Never felt so rushed! Servers need to learn to space the meal so patrons can enjoy.
- Solid dining experienceTraditionalDined on 6/21/2014The food is always excellent and the service is prompt and attentive. Highly recommended for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love them .RuthzDined on 6/20/2014I love them the food is great the service is great too. I just mist more light in the restarant .(turn on the light). :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine! Food was eh...RJW2001Dined on 6/16/2014The wine list is extensive but the food, at least the dish I ordered, was pretty average. For the price, it's not worth it.Special Features:
- JanelizDined on 6/6/2014We had a wonderful time and our waiter was fabulous and fun!! The food and drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patio lunchDuckieDebVIPDined on 5/22/2014Keeping in mind that they are located in a shopping center, Spazzo does a nice job of creating a nice cafe/bar ambience backed up with good food. I've been here several times for lunch, happy hour and dinner and each time has been a pleasant experience. This trip I had a special of crispy roast chicken atop a bed of risotto and it was delicious. The chicken was crispy outside, moist inside and seasoned perfectly. The risotto was creamy and delicious. I really like to eat outside when the weather is nice, but inside by the fireplace is fun for late night drinks & snacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodreviewerDined on 5/16/2014I do enjoy dining here. It is a great place for lunch. Food is consistently good, ambience is good and the wait staff are personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhelpful and Bad TimingNotgoingagainDined on 5/6/2014The wait staff was absent and when the food arrived it was lukewarm. We had a party of seven and the kitchen could not seem to get all of the main courses out on time. The timing between the first course and second was very rushed. It was like the wait staff didn't want to be there.
- SpazzodragonriderDined on 5/5/2014Ordered Fried artichoke hearts and caprese salad for appetizer. They were great. Lasagna and Chicken Saltimbocca plus sauteed spinach for main entree was underwhelming. No seasoning, especially garlic which is a common seasoning for Italian food. I even had to add salt which I never do to my food because it was so bland. The Tiramisu was okay but strangely paired with a strawberry coulis. Did not have a strong coffee flavor or moistness associated with ladyfingers soaked in coffee for a Tiramisu. Service was great and prompt. Portions were fine. Dessert was enough for two. If Spazzo could get the seasoning in line, the food would be awesome. For now, it was pricey and lacked good flavor, even if the dishes looked pretty.Special Features:
- Disappointing Italianbg4eastsideDined on 5/3/2014I really want to like Spazzo but I just can't make myself. When you first walk in things look promising with a stylish bar area that includes a fireplace. After seating the menu selection is just OK but somewhat limited when compared to other Italian places. The lemon drop martini I had was $13 and was nothing special. We ordered an appetizer of fresh mozzarella and bread. The tomatoes wernt't fresh and the dish was not memorable. The Cesar salad was not that good. I'd rather have salad from Olive Garden. The main course look good but the rissouto tasted like it came out of a box. For $100 the overall meal was super disappointing. This is, at best, pedestrian quality Italian at a premium price.
- Thanks Spazzomarky4markVIPDined on 4/29/2014Best Italian I have had on the east side. There were five of us. We all had something different and each item was great. Nice friendly staff. Great wine selection. Next time I want to sit on the patio. Also, nice drinks from the bar.Special Features:
- Our first chioce for special timesTheFinndianDined on 4/20/2014When we have family gatherings, Spazzo is the first restaurant that comes to mind. We recently celebrated my in-laws 55th wedding anniversary, and our experience more than exceeded our expectations. We always have excellent service; did I say service? Yes, service. They could hang their hats on this alone, but there's more. The Italian menu has something for everyone, from our 10 year old son, to my elder in-laws. The portions aren't too big nor are they too small. It's always nice to sit outside on those sunny days here on the Eastside! Overall, you can't go wrong with this find neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.