Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar
16499 NE 74th
Redmond, WA 98052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spazzo.com/
- Phone: 4258814400x
- Hours of Operation:
Seven Days a Week
Sunday-Thursday 11:00am – 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am – 10:00pm
Seven Days a Week
3:00pm to Close
(In the wine bar and patio only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andre Decker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Daniel's Catering at (425) 990-6310.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR
Seven Days a Week
3pm to Close
(In the wine bar only)
A word from Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar
We offer contemporary Italian cuisine using old world techniques.Continued
Featuring fresh pasta and salads, slow-roasted meats, unique pizzas and housemade desserts.
Featuring fresh pasta and salads, slow-roasted meats, unique pizzas and housemade desserts.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Redmond ›
Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)Show More
- Usually greatTriciaDined on 8/13/2014Not so great this time, service was very slow and food was just ok. But last time we were there, they were outstanding in all categories. So don't sell them short.Special Features:
- Very average food, good for kidsDinerDameVIPDined on 8/1/2014I was looking for a kid-friendly place for a large party/birthday celebration. Nice place, had fun, service was good (not excellent). The food is bland, predictable, un imaginative and just plain blah! I give the food 5 out of 10.Special Features:
- Thanks!marky4markVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had a great dinner and a great time. The filet was cooked perfect. The service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOutoftownguestDined on 7/20/2014We arrived at 7:30 on a Sunday evening, and there were not many customers. We sat where we wanted and received terrific service; everything from requesting information about the Mariners' game to asking to speak to the manager was accommodated quickly and graciously. Food was pretty good, although the main courses were a bit salty. This was our first visit to the Redmond spot, and we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedSpoonmanDined on 7/20/2014The food is over priced. The servings were not as hot as they should have been when they arrived. The wines per glass were quite good and reasonably priced. The service was prompt and very good, this was early in the evening.
- Good DinnerMarkyMarkDined on 7/18/2014We Had a very nice dinner, Copper River Salmon and some Fettacinnie with some drinks. For was good and the staff were helpful.
- Pizza was tasty.neko111Dined on 7/17/2014My friend and I will go back just to order Spazzo's Pizza again. It was super tasty. I ordered prosciutto pizza and my friend ordered Carne Pizza.Special Features:
- ExcellentWayneDined on 7/16/2014Great food, fantastic service, very nice wines. My wife and I love going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duckyDined on 7/15/2014We as a couple have been coming to Spazzo since it opened. No matter when we go their, the staff and food are great. We have work up to Epicurean Club Card, with this fine Restaurant. We have recommended this fine Restaurant to our friends and anyone who wanted to know of a fine dining in the area. One thing for sure they have a great dinner menu and great wine list. We just had our 41st wedding Anniversary and had it at Spazzo. What a great evening that they gave us as a couple, from the Manager to the staff. We spend 9 months out of the year In Mesa AZ. When we are back In town we will always go back their every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not tasty foodchrispitaDined on 7/3/2014The only good food we had was the bruschetta and the house made Sangria. The Bolognese was extremely greasy, the meat was burned- as if it was microwaved. The chicken fettucine was bland, no seasoning. We don't plan on returning, nor would we recommend it.
- Great ServiceSepticDined on 6/22/2014The food is good but nothing to write home about. Service was great. I'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but way, way too rushed!AyaCDined on 6/21/2014Went for nice anniversary dinner. 5 min after seated, the server took drink order, delivered very shortly. When we ordered drinks, we placed our appetizer, salad & main course selections. Drinks promptly delivered. No complaints! Bread, freshly heated. Nicely done! Appetizer delivered within 10 min. Not bad! That's when it all went wrong. Not even 5 min later, the salad was delivered. While still eating the appetizer & now the salad, the main course was delivered. All delivered within 20 min. No time to enjoy anything. Server never checked on us until we stopped eating. After looking forward to a nice romantic dinner, we were in and out in less than 35 min! Never felt so rushed! Servers need to learn to space the meal so patrons can enjoy.
- Solid dining experienceTraditionalDined on 6/21/2014The food is always excellent and the service is prompt and attentive. Highly recommended for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love them .RuthzDined on 6/20/2014I love them the food is great the service is great too. I just mist more light in the restarant .(turn on the light). :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine! Food was eh...RJW2001Dined on 6/16/2014The wine list is extensive but the food, at least the dish I ordered, was pretty average. For the price, it's not worth it.Special Features:
- JanelizDined on 6/6/2014We had a wonderful time and our waiter was fabulous and fun!! The food and drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patio lunchDuckieDebVIPDined on 5/22/2014Keeping in mind that they are located in a shopping center, Spazzo does a nice job of creating a nice cafe/bar ambience backed up with good food. I've been here several times for lunch, happy hour and dinner and each time has been a pleasant experience. This trip I had a special of crispy roast chicken atop a bed of risotto and it was delicious. The chicken was crispy outside, moist inside and seasoned perfectly. The risotto was creamy and delicious. I really like to eat outside when the weather is nice, but inside by the fireplace is fun for late night drinks & snacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodreviewerDined on 5/16/2014I do enjoy dining here. It is a great place for lunch. Food is consistently good, ambience is good and the wait staff are personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhelpful and Bad TimingNotgoingagainDined on 5/6/2014The wait staff was absent and when the food arrived it was lukewarm. We had a party of seven and the kitchen could not seem to get all of the main courses out on time. The timing between the first course and second was very rushed. It was like the wait staff didn't want to be there.
- SpazzodragonriderDined on 5/5/2014Ordered Fried artichoke hearts and caprese salad for appetizer. They were great. Lasagna and Chicken Saltimbocca plus sauteed spinach for main entree was underwhelming. No seasoning, especially garlic which is a common seasoning for Italian food. I even had to add salt which I never do to my food because it was so bland. The Tiramisu was okay but strangely paired with a strawberry coulis. Did not have a strong coffee flavor or moistness associated with ladyfingers soaked in coffee for a Tiramisu. Service was great and prompt. Portions were fine. Dessert was enough for two. If Spazzo could get the seasoning in line, the food would be awesome. For now, it was pricey and lacked good flavor, even if the dishes looked pretty.Special Features:
- Disappointing Italianbg4eastsideDined on 5/3/2014I really want to like Spazzo but I just can't make myself. When you first walk in things look promising with a stylish bar area that includes a fireplace. After seating the menu selection is just OK but somewhat limited when compared to other Italian places. The lemon drop martini I had was $13 and was nothing special. We ordered an appetizer of fresh mozzarella and bread. The tomatoes wernt't fresh and the dish was not memorable. The Cesar salad was not that good. I'd rather have salad from Olive Garden. The main course look good but the rissouto tasted like it came out of a box. For $100 the overall meal was super disappointing. This is, at best, pedestrian quality Italian at a premium price.
- Thanks Spazzomarky4markVIPDined on 4/29/2014Best Italian I have had on the east side. There were five of us. We all had something different and each item was great. Nice friendly staff. Great wine selection. Next time I want to sit on the patio. Also, nice drinks from the bar.Special Features:
- The following 526 reviews are from the Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Our first chioce for special timesTheFinndianDined on 4/20/2014When we have family gatherings, Spazzo is the first restaurant that comes to mind. We recently celebrated my in-laws 55th wedding anniversary, and our experience more than exceeded our expectations. We always have excellent service; did I say service? Yes, service. They could hang their hats on this alone, but there's more. The Italian menu has something for everyone, from our 10 year old son, to my elder in-laws. The portions aren't too big nor are they too small. It's always nice to sit outside on those sunny days here on the Eastside! Overall, you can't go wrong with this find neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first impressionstiggermanDined on 4/18/2014We were given gift cards that included Spazzo's and I let my wife decide the food style and decided Itilian (not usually my first choice). When we arrived we were greeted and mi wife commented it was our first visit and hoped it would be goo to which the hostess and some guy in a white coat asdured us it would be a great dining experiance. They weren't kidding, the food and service made for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday memoriesMsWendalynDined on 4/14/2014We had 8 PM reservations for 5 on a Monday. Three generations were not only happy with all our food selections but were raving about our choices. We got the carpaccio & antipasto along with fresh bread as appetizers. We had a nice bottle of red wine & my father chose a white Zinfandel. Again, we were happy with our selections. We also got salads & found ourselves getting full with the generous portions. My daughter had a selection off the 3 for $28 menu, which was a good value. All of our foods were timed well & our water was full until the end of the night. Almost all of us had leftovers. We enjoyed coffee & dessert to end the meal. We didn't realize until we were leaving that they closed at ten, which is a testament to great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just everything was great.MontesinosDined on 4/12/2014But special thanks to Ramir who makes our dinner just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food & serviceskidoggerDined on 4/8/2014The food was excellent, the service was fast and efficient. We had a great time and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodScorpioDined on 4/5/2014Spazzo was a good experience. Service was attentive and atmosphere was family friendly. Cost is higher end and some dishes don't warrant it - spaghetti is spaghetti. The lasagna is wonderful as usual.Special Features:
- Great food-great service-affordableYummyDined on 3/28/2014Family dinner Something for everyone Fine dining service and presentation Something for everyone Bit crowded Bit noisy Going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my dinner dateDJackDined on 3/26/2014Took a "first date" to the restaurant during mid week and had a nice time. Service was really good. We were there talking for 2 hours and the waiter kept us in check at a good pace for our needs. I would recommend this establishment to my friends.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningdajakeDined on 3/22/2014We had a lovely evening at Spazzo's. The service was excellent, and we never felt rushed. We enjoyed the food. We could comfortably talk, and though the tables were fairly close together the noise level was moderate and didn't impair our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No place for anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Food was just so, so. We mentioned our 25th anniversary in our reservation but it was never even brought up including possibly opting for a special dessert. Service was slow and had to wait too long for check.
- Anniversary Dinner reviewHawkeyeDined on 3/19/2014Service was outstanding. The staff didn't hover yet knew when to bring the next dish. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Special Occasion spotfoodies2Dined on 3/14/2014Good food, great service, high prices. Tables are close together so it feels a bit cramped and not at all private.Special Features:
- 24th Birthday at SpazzotequilitesDined on 3/5/2014I had a wonderful birthday dinner at Spazzo. I ordered the clam linguine paired with a Pinot Noir that was suggested by our waitress. For dessert I had the Godfather cocktail (the scotch version was divine!) and the decadent spumoni ice cream sundae. I loved that there was marzipan on the bottom! I also got to try the chicken piccatta and the side dish risotto. The risotto with truffle oil was perfect just soft enough to not still be crunchy, but not so soft as to be mushy! The service was great, the noise was not overbearing, and the ambiance was warm. This was my third time visiting Spazzo over the last few years and I have enjoyed each time. I have sat in the wine bar, off in a larger group area and then in a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodLuvNomNomVIPDined on 3/2/2014My friend and I shared the carpaccio and mushroom pizza. Even though it's an individual pizza, it was great for sharing. Pizza could've used more cheese, but it was still delicious. Service was excellent and fast. Ordered the ravioli to take home to my husband and he ate it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out at Spazzo'sMaryDined on 2/28/2014Very enjoyable location to meet friends on the Eastside. Variety of prices. We all selected off the special menu. The Halibut was delicious, with grains and fresh vegetables. The Veal Marsala was too lemony and found you could not eat more than one bite. The pasta specials were fine, but not outstanding. A bit pricy (~$30 per person) for what we got. Neighboring table had suggested off the menu was solid and good. Good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingwineguyDined on 2/28/2014Food was average. Chicken was dry and tasteless. Sauce was good, pasta was excellent. Have decided not to return. This was our 4th visit.Special Features:
- Service, slow; stopped checkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Service, slow; stopped checking on us the last 1/2; we had to ask someone else to close out our bill, get boxes and that was when she finally asked us about getting a dessert menu; when we just wanted to leave. Desert took awhile and small. "last piece?" how old was it? Our original server came back w/ a bag that we had to ask for. he then asked us about desert. Ie lack of communication. Unhappy w/ the food except for the bruschetta. Greeting, slow. We werent greeted when we walked in. The 2 ladies had their heads down. They talked amongst themselves so I sat down once i gave them my name; poor eye contact. Oh but the goodbyes were great. They smiled also and said have a good day. Wasted $150
- Dinner with friendsVebcamDined on 2/22/2014I had 2 gift cards to Schwartz Bros. restaurants and invited a couple that I'm friends with, to join me and my boyfriend at Spazzo's for dinner. What a pleasant evening! The server was attentive yet unobtrusive, the food was delightful, although I want to comment that I thought the serving portion of salmon, whole grains and broccolini was insufficient for my boyfriend. I noticed he ate almost an entire bread basket after the entree. My portion was perfect. We were able to converse easily and had a very nice evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.