17523 Minnetonka Blvd
Minnetonka, MN 55345Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spassomn.com/
- Phone: 9522249555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Francewae Calmeter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. Our staff can work with you to plan out your perfect menu.
- Special Events: Reservations for Wine Dinners and Special Events must be made by calling the restaurant, NOT through Open Table.
- Cross Street: Hwy 101
- Public Transit: Free Round Trip Car Service in our new 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Up to 6 people
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Don't worry about parking, use our Free Round Trip Car Service. Call us at 952-224-9555 and we will pick you up in our Brand New 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Should you choose to drive we have a free parking lot.
A word from Spasso Minnetonka
Spasso is a contemporary Italian/American restaurant with wood fired pizzas, pastas, entrees, and daily specials. With a selection of over 140 wines by the bottle and 40 wines by the glass all at retail pricing. Full bar also available with a great happy hour from 3-6 and 8-close daily. Sunday brunch from 10-3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Spasso Minnetonka - Best Restaurants in Minnetonka ›
Spasso Minnetonka reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (24)special occasion (24)romantic (18)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)Show More
- The food was good- service was sadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first time at Spasso. The wine list was nice and the food was very good. My potatoes were not hot otherwise I would of rated the food higher. The service needed a smile. No one that we could see was smiling at all and they did not seem happy at all. We came to the conclusion that even though the food may be good it must be a crumby place to work at. I would not recommend this place if you wanted to have a close conversation/date night. It was way too loud. Otherwise I will try Spasso again. The staff needs to cheer up.Special Features:
- Friday post movie dinnerOzzyDined on 10/24/2014Somewhat disappointing. We had 7pm reservations. We (4) arrived at 6:50 pm and were told we were a bit early and were given a pager. 20 min. later we were told the only available table was a high top near the kitchen. It was noisy. The food was good, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food. Ok serviceKaren1Dined on 10/24/2014Walleye came burnt. They replaced it 15 min later but it still was overdone and not flavorful. Other guests order was wrong. They brought the wrong food. Had to wait 15 min for that order so the other 2 people were done before we even got our food. Noise level way to high. Maybe that's why the server screwed up the order. He couldn't hear us. The only person that was great was the manager of the Wine Shop next door. He came out and assisted us when we parked because there was only one handicap spot. It was taken. He also let us leave our car in the reserved Wine shop spot. He was kind and helpful. We also had to wait 10-15 min for our table even though we had reservations. Overall our experience was terrible. Very disappointed customers.
- Good Food, Poor Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We made reservations 2 weeks in advance. When we arrived they seated us at a table right by the front door, we requested a different table as there were at least 4 tables open farther away from the front door, the overly made up hostess told us that we would have to wait a half an hour for a new table. I was confused by this as there were so many open tables. I complained to a manager, her solution was to sit us in the bar. We don't get out often as we have a toddler and I'm 7 months pregnant. It was disappointing. The food was good, but it was overshadowed by the poor ambiance and service. Will not be returning soon.Special Features:
- Prompt, courteous and cleanMarkDined on 10/22/2014We dined with six adults. Beverages served cold. Food served hot and appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around awesome!YummyDined on 10/19/2014We love Spasso's for its great food, ambience, friendly staff and good wine. Eat, drink and be happy could be their mottoSpecial Features:
- Lunch was OK - service was great!DaisyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had a few items for lunch (crabcakes and mussels) - they were only OK. But the service was great! Saw the wood burning pizza oven and will try a pizza or flatbread next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, sad serviceRM80VIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was great, we loved everything we had. Really disappointed with service. Came for my dad's birthday & wanted to preorder dessert - let the staff at the counter know, was told I would need to do that from my waitress. (What's the point if the birthday person sees you ordering dessert?) All food - apps and dinner were brought out at once - odd. Waitress was very inattentive - checked on once during dinner when I got her attention to get some pepper. She didn't come back to ask for dessert and my dad got up and paid for the meal. This should have been properly handled by staff in at LEAST letting the waitress know it was a birthday and she probably would have thought twice before letting him pay and not asking for dessert.Special Features:
- Good but Room for ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Overall the restaurant was good. The wine list is fantastic, especially for the price they charge for a bottle. The meatballs were fantastic, we split a small order for an appetizer. In addition, the bread was wonderful...very light and nice and warm. The wild mushroom and chicken risotto had rubbery chicken but the risotto itself was wonderful. I had the Farfalle di Mare and unfortunately the pasta was way overcooked so it would barely stay on the fork. Ambiance was nice but the tabletops need to be refinished. Condensation from cups has caused the finish to peel of so the tables look a little warn. We will give it another try.Special Features:
- noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was so noisy we could not have a conversation. The couple next to us left about 5 minutes after they were seated because of the noise level. If we hadn't just placed our order we would have left too. Unfortunate because the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast optionsout4bfastDined on 10/5/2014Brunch menu had plenty of choices and reasonably priced. Loved the option for an endless plate at a very reasonable price vs an expensive all you can eat brunch. Great Bloody Mary bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary (57) BrunchDinnersofoldDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed Spasso when they first opened. After this almost unfriendly Sunday AM will not return. The hostess was seating us at the bar dark bar area, and we requested a table in the window area that was half empty , she led the way and dropped the menus on the table without a word or a look. The food was off the menu and good. The Bloody Mary had extra $1 for Vodka even if no brand was requested. The staff seemed unhappy about something for a sunny Sunday morning.
- Nice neighborhood spotTonyDined on 10/4/2014We met another couple Saturday; first my wife and I had a drink and appetizer at the bar, then dinner. Vibrant atmosphere, good food, and good service.Special Features:
- A perfect night outRestaurantExplorerDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our experience here. The decor and the ambiance really brought it all together. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. This is a great place for a date or a group gathering.Special Features:
- Delicious but TOO loudXtyEatsDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious, the wine excellent, the service great; way, way, way too loud. We spent most of our meal saying "What??!" to one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine w/old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great place for our group of friends (both past & present) to catch up, when one came back to the area for a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 9/13/2014Yummy appetizers, yummy food, yummy yummy...great spots for casual elegant diningSpecial Features:
- Overall AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Great food choices and great servers a little disappointed that even with a reservation our party had to wait over 15 minutes for our table.Special Features:
- ReviewfiestaboyDined on 8/31/2014Very good food. At first we were seated at a table and noticed right away how loud it was....I could hardly hear or make myself heard to my dining partner. After a bit, a 3rd joined us, and it got louder, with the table next to us having a "reunion" of sorts with a much larger group that had just come in. I asked our server if we could move to a booth, but she said no, there was nothing available...when clearly, there were two booths opening up. How's that for customer service? Very disappointing. Once we moved to our booth, it was much easier to converse, especially since our 4th had just joined us. Service here was much better and attentive. All food was excellent, served hot and very promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most downtown spotsTempoman18VIPDined on 8/30/2014Love this place, and the food is amazing. We had the filet with Gorgonzola crust, and the steak was better than Burch steakhouse in Mpls. You can buy wine next door and have it for your meal which makes it that much more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wine values aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Love the fact that you can buy your wine next door and they will pour it for no extra charge. This gives you a huge wine list. The restaurant offers a huge very reasonably priced wine list. For example, one of my favorite vineyards is Mollydooker. They offered the Blue Eyed Boyz for $68 which is ~$50 in wine stores. At 6Smith the same week, they had Mollydooker's Boxer Shiraz for around $68 and it's price in the liquor stores is usually around $24. So you get twice the value in wine. They had good quality wines below $30. Bruschetta and scallops were delicious. The only negative was the noise level. Made it hard to have a good conversation especially since my husband's hearing isn't the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local placeBill247Dined on 8/29/2014Convenient. Extensive wine list. Good food. Service was not rushed, so the meal was relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limiited menue med priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014service slow not enough servers. had to get up from table to ask server for bread.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014Spasso is a neighborhood favorite for us. Convenient and welcoming with fresh satisfying salads or rich pasta dishes. The summer outdoor dining is a great place to relax.Special Features:
- Family get togetherLynspaVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was good. They need more entrees around 12-16 $$$. Waiter was knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchemcgilliDined on 8/17/2014Great brunch. Food was good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minnesota hot spotKCFoodGuyDined on 8/11/2014This places should be standing room only and a wait list for a month, but it is not. The food was incredible. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta try at least onceSpasso1Dined on 8/11/2014Went with freinds to celebrate two occasions. Got seated outside. Menu offers a lot, but no veal Parmesan to our surprise. Appetizers were good, but they forgot the bread for the mussels. If you get the olives, you get quite a variety. The Spiedini was excellent along with the spicy sausage and noodles. The gluten free chocolate cake was fabulous. Best part is picking out your own bottle of wine and bringing it over from the store to uncork,Special Features:
- Spasso is solid!donnybaseballVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love to eat here. It's local, great wine list, food is exceptional! Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- Great service!BobJohasselsonDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised by the attentive and professional waitstaff. The food was good. The atmosphere was quite loud due to poor acoustics. Hard to have a conversation over the drone of other diners.Special Features:
- Great Food as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014We go here every couple months and have yet to be disappointed. Food is always great. Inventive but not too "out there". Service at times is a bit slow at peak times but we are rarely in a hurry. Waiter are always knowledgable. Their outside patio is very nice and they have added beautiful umbrellas and a fire pit. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pleasant Alternative to ChainsKeroseneVIPDined on 8/2/2014The menu is surprisingly varied, with an emphasis on Italian dishes but with some nice specials. I had the halibut on a bed of risotto, which was delicious. What really attracts me are the reasonable wine prices. Most restaurants have an exorbitant premium on wine, whereas I found a lovely glass of Earthquake Zinfandel for only $9 which would typically go for $15+ at other "nice" restaurants, if they even served it by the glass. You can really experiment with wine at a reasonable cost with different types of food. We sat in one of the dozen or so booths, which I prefer to the tables. However, it can get a bit loud if you're located near the bar.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service but too noisyFredoDined on 7/30/2014The hard surfaces made for a noisy ambiance. Our server was very nice and efficient. The wine list is extensive and at "retail prices" was better than the usual inflated restaurant prices but prices weren't Liquor Boy retail either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aej123Dined on 7/29/2014Walleye was bland, dry and crust overcooked. Unfortunately sat next to a disruptive table which made it challenging to talk and enjoy meal.
- Bad Overall Experience at Spasso12fordinnerDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant was nice & smelled great, but it was clear right away that the manage was unhappy with the wait staff. We sat at 7:08 & got water by 7:20. We finally flagged someone down as she hurried past our table. "Can you tell us who's waiting on us?"we asked. "I guess I am now!" she replied with annoyance. Our reply: "It's okay if you're not, we just need someone. We've been here awhile." She argued, "I saw you sit a few minutes ago and get your water. When you're waiting, it always seems longer." Our reply, "Actually, we sat down at 7:08, and it's past 7:30 now." With that, we got an apology, and our drinks paid for. However, we got attitude the rest of the evening, & the food did not make up for the poor service, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Great date nightJackieDined on 7/25/2014Great Friday Night Date Night. Good food, great wine, good customer service. Enjoyable end of work week.Special Features:
- We love SpassoMtkagirlVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is a great value, and my boyfriend thinks they have the best bread anywhere. We went for a late dinner, and took advantage of the late night happy hour apps and drink specials. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2014The last couple times we have eaten at Spasso ( we done there frequently) we noticed an improvement in the quality and freshness of their selections. They have changed the menu slightly as well..for the betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 948 reviews are from the Spasso Minnetonka reviews archive.
- darrenwDined on 6/29/2014Service was very slow and limited menu was offered (Sundays - brunch menu only - but should allow use of regular menu) so a bit disappointing compared to previous visitsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine shop!Foodie123Dined on 6/27/2014First time here. Food and service was very good. Get to your reservation early and buy a bottle of wine from the wine shop that is connected! There is no corking or other fees.Special Features: