17523 Minnetonka Blvd
Minnetonka, MN 55345Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spassomn.com/
- Phone: 9522249555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Francewae Calmeter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. Our staff can work with you to plan out your perfect menu.
- Special Events: Reservations for Wine Dinners and Special Events must be made by calling the restaurant, NOT through Open Table.
- Cross Street: Hwy 101
- Public Transit: Free Round Trip Car Service in our new 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Up to 6 people
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Don't worry about parking, use our Free Round Trip Car Service. Call us at 952-224-9555 and we will pick you up in our Brand New 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Should you choose to drive we have a free parking lot.
A word from Spasso Minnetonka
Spasso is a contemporary Italian/American restaurant with wood fired pizzas, pastas, entrees, and daily specials. With a selection of over 140 wines by the bottle and 40 wines by the glass all at retail pricing. Full bar also available with a great happy hour from 3-6 and 8-close daily. Sunday brunch from 10-3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Spasso Minnetonka - Best Restaurants in Minnetonka ›
Spasso Minnetonka reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (54)great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (16)romantic (16)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)Show More
- YummyYummyDined on 9/13/2014Yummy appetizers, yummy food, yummy yummy...great spots for casual elegant diningSpecial Features:
- Overall AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Great food choices and great servers a little disappointed that even with a reservation our party had to wait over 15 minutes for our table.Special Features:
- ReviewfiestaboyDined on 8/31/2014Very good food. At first we were seated at a table and noticed right away how loud it was....I could hardly hear or make myself heard to my dining partner. After a bit, a 3rd joined us, and it got louder, with the table next to us having a "reunion" of sorts with a much larger group that had just come in. I asked our server if we could move to a booth, but she said no, there was nothing available...when clearly, there were two booths opening up. How's that for customer service? Very disappointing. Once we moved to our booth, it was much easier to converse, especially since our 4th had just joined us. Service here was much better and attentive. All food was excellent, served hot and very promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most downtown spotsTempoman18VIPDined on 8/30/2014Love this place, and the food is amazing. We had the filet with Gorgonzola crust, and the steak was better than Burch steakhouse in Mpls. You can buy wine next door and have it for your meal which makes it that much more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wine values aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Love the fact that you can buy your wine next door and they will pour it for no extra charge. This gives you a huge wine list. The restaurant offers a huge very reasonably priced wine list. For example, one of my favorite vineyards is Mollydooker. They offered the Blue Eyed Boyz for $68 which is ~$50 in wine stores. At 6Smith the same week, they had Mollydooker's Boxer Shiraz for around $68 and it's price in the liquor stores is usually around $24. So you get twice the value in wine. They had good quality wines below $30. Bruschetta and scallops were delicious. The only negative was the noise level. Made it hard to have a good conversation especially since my husband's hearing isn't the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local placeBill247Dined on 8/29/2014Convenient. Extensive wine list. Good food. Service was not rushed, so the meal was relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limiited menue med priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014service slow not enough servers. had to get up from table to ask server for bread.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014Spasso is a neighborhood favorite for us. Convenient and welcoming with fresh satisfying salads or rich pasta dishes. The summer outdoor dining is a great place to relax.Special Features:
- Family get togetherLynspaVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was good. They need more entrees around 12-16 $$$. Waiter was knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchemcgilliDined on 8/17/2014Great brunch. Food was good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minnesota hot spotKCFoodGuyDined on 8/11/2014This places should be standing room only and a wait list for a month, but it is not. The food was incredible. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta try at least onceSpasso1Dined on 8/11/2014Went with freinds to celebrate two occasions. Got seated outside. Menu offers a lot, but no veal Parmesan to our surprise. Appetizers were good, but they forgot the bread for the mussels. If you get the olives, you get quite a variety. The Spiedini was excellent along with the spicy sausage and noodles. The gluten free chocolate cake was fabulous. Best part is picking out your own bottle of wine and bringing it over from the store to uncork,Special Features:
- Spasso is solid!donnybaseballVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love to eat here. It's local, great wine list, food is exceptional! Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- Great service!BobJohasselsonDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised by the attentive and professional waitstaff. The food was good. The atmosphere was quite loud due to poor acoustics. Hard to have a conversation over the drone of other diners.Special Features:
- Great Food as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014We go here every couple months and have yet to be disappointed. Food is always great. Inventive but not too "out there". Service at times is a bit slow at peak times but we are rarely in a hurry. Waiter are always knowledgable. Their outside patio is very nice and they have added beautiful umbrellas and a fire pit. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pleasant Alternative to ChainsKeroseneVIPDined on 8/2/2014The menu is surprisingly varied, with an emphasis on Italian dishes but with some nice specials. I had the halibut on a bed of risotto, which was delicious. What really attracts me are the reasonable wine prices. Most restaurants have an exorbitant premium on wine, whereas I found a lovely glass of Earthquake Zinfandel for only $9 which would typically go for $15+ at other "nice" restaurants, if they even served it by the glass. You can really experiment with wine at a reasonable cost with different types of food. We sat in one of the dozen or so booths, which I prefer to the tables. However, it can get a bit loud if you're located near the bar.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service but too noisyFredoDined on 7/30/2014The hard surfaces made for a noisy ambiance. Our server was very nice and efficient. The wine list is extensive and at "retail prices" was better than the usual inflated restaurant prices but prices weren't Liquor Boy retail either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aej123Dined on 7/29/2014Walleye was bland, dry and crust overcooked. Unfortunately sat next to a disruptive table which made it challenging to talk and enjoy meal.
- Bad Overall Experience at Spasso12fordinnerDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant was nice & smelled great, but it was clear right away that the manage was unhappy with the wait staff. We sat at 7:08 & got water by 7:20. We finally flagged someone down as she hurried past our table. "Can you tell us who's waiting on us?"we asked. "I guess I am now!" she replied with annoyance. Our reply: "It's okay if you're not, we just need someone. We've been here awhile." She argued, "I saw you sit a few minutes ago and get your water. When you're waiting, it always seems longer." Our reply, "Actually, we sat down at 7:08, and it's past 7:30 now." With that, we got an apology, and our drinks paid for. However, we got attitude the rest of the evening, & the food did not make up for the poor service, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Great date nightJackieDined on 7/25/2014Great Friday Night Date Night. Good food, great wine, good customer service. Enjoyable end of work week.Special Features:
- We love SpassoMtkagirlVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is a great value, and my boyfriend thinks they have the best bread anywhere. We went for a late dinner, and took advantage of the late night happy hour apps and drink specials. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2014The last couple times we have eaten at Spasso ( we done there frequently) we noticed an improvement in the quality and freshness of their selections. They have changed the menu slightly as well..for the betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- darrenwDined on 6/29/2014Service was very slow and limited menu was offered (Sundays - brunch menu only - but should allow use of regular menu) so a bit disappointing compared to previous visitsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine shop!Foodie123Dined on 6/27/2014First time here. Food and service was very good. Get to your reservation early and buy a bottle of wine from the wine shop that is connected! There is no corking or other fees.Special Features:
- VickiDined on 6/27/2014Food was good. I thought there would be less kids there and it was noisySpecial Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 6/26/2014Our outdoor group had to leave early because the fire pit smoke was bothering several of the people. I love the idea of a fire pit, but would be great if someone would learn how to use/control it. There is no reason to have smoke billowing toward tables for more than 5 minutes. this went on for a long time til it became intolerable. Thank you !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!parentsnightoutDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I had some time following a party and stopped in and were very happy with our decision. It was a great atmosphere, variety of fresh foods for both palates! Our waitress was a gem and told us about the great happy hour specials and Sunday brunch. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!NYmomDined on 6/16/2014We went out for a friends birthday and the dinner, beverages, and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slow serviceGabiDined on 6/15/2014This is the 5th or so time we have been to Spasso's for brunch and it is the second time that the service was very slow. Yes it was Father's Day and yes it was busy BUT I think that situation should be planned for. Food is always good and I love the location which is why we'll be back - but will try to avoid Sundays.Special Features:
- Go if you have many hours to wasteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch; waited 15 minutes between being seated with a reservation and a waitress coming to take drink order. Another 15 minutes to get a diet coke, a water and mimosa. Another 20 minutes before we see her again; finished drinks before we were able to order food. Took 30 minutes to get our food. My husband ordered their "endless family breakfast" and when he got the second plate, they downgraded the food. Very disappointed. Won't be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, waiter was a little aloof, a bit loud and crowded tables.Special Features:
- Not worth the waitRandomMaleReviewer1Dined on 6/14/2014Made a reservation for 7pm, showed up and was told we'd have to wait. Hostesses both were rude about it and talked down to me. Was other after 20 minutes only to be told we were accidently paged. After we finally got our table it was nearly 8pm. Service at the table was okay, and the food was alright. Not in any hurry to get back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014went to Spasso for their walleye - had in the past and enjoyed. not this time, over cooked and burnt on one side. also did not like the vegetarian lasagna. won't be back any time soon waitress was not attentive at allSpecial Features:
- Great wine list!angelabellaDined on 6/9/2014The wine list is abundant at retail prices. Buy the bottle, re-cork then bring home with you! No commitment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time for SpassoshawbadVIPDined on 6/7/2014We decided to try Spasso one more time, as the last time our experiences was disappointing. We'd made reservations and had asked for a booth. I know that booths are not always available. When we arrived, the restaurant was busy, but not crowded. We were led to what I determined was one of the worst tables in the dining room. I asked if there was anything else - and I was met with a heavy sigh and was told that we "would have to wait". We did and we were ignored by the same hostess for the next 15 minutes while others without reservations were seated. None at that same table by the way. We finally got a booth. service OK and food OK, but not great. It is our last time at Spasso.
- Great dinner with the kidsJulesnstuVIPDined on 6/7/2014Love the j wine! Will be back just for that but loved the happy hour menu. The servers were all friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No corking fee!Jamie0673Dined on 6/6/2014You have a whole wine store to choose from with no corking fee! This allows you to have many price and quality options! The restaurant is very loud, so kids won't disrupt anyone. We had a 4 month old and the waitress loved her! The food and service is also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 5/24/2014Love the new added outdoor space. Looking forward to new menu next week !Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceNellieDined on 5/23/2014It took almost an hour from the time we arrived until we got our food. I'm not sure if they were short in the kitchen or what. Our waitress was not very attentive. I would have left her a smaller tip, but 18% was already added to our bill because there were 8 of us. That really bugged me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 929 reviews are from the Spasso Minnetonka reviews archive.
- Bad ExperienceoccasionalDinerDined on 5/17/2014We arrived for our reservation at 6:30 and were told our table was not ready. After 20 minutes of waiting we were seated. 15 minutes after that our waitress finally acknowledged us and took our drink orders. Did not see her for another 20 minutes when she returned to take our dinner order. 30 minutes later we received our dinners. My walleye was fine, The Risotto was overdone and had very little chicken and my husbands steak was overcooked and cold! No apology was given and she did not even ask if He would like them to redo it. They just ignored the fact that it was inedible. In addition, the noise level was extreme. We could barley hear each other across the table. We will not be going back since there was not one redeeming quality.