Spasso Italian Grill - Philadelphia
34 South Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Spasso Italian Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spassoitaliangrill.com/
- Phone: (215) 592-7661
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joshua Friedberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a private banquet.
- Private Party Contact: Loredana 2155927661
- Cross Street: Between Chestnut & Market Streets
- Public Transit: Train And Bus Stops 2nd & Market Street 1 1/2 Blocks Away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are pay meters in front of the restaurant as well as pay lots on either side of the restaurant. Unfortunately, we do not validate.
A word from Spasso Italian Grill - Philadelphia
Spasso Italian Grill has been a neighborhood favorite for 12 years, specializing in homemade pasta, fresh daily seafood and tender veal all served at reasonable prices. Our relaxed atmosphere, personalized service & great food are sure to make you a regular. Our lounge is full service & also features tables for dining, happy hour is available in the lounge from 5:30 to 7:30 weekdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spasso Italian Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (67)neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (41)romantic (28)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Neighborhood standbyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/21/2014Anytime my family is in town this is the place I go. Food is great , it's a nice atmosphere and service is awesome . I had to change my reservation from 17 down to 14 and ultimately 10 and they were very accommodating as I had some fall out. There's always a table for us which is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MEAL!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant! Everything we ate was delicious! We had the mussels in red sauce and I wanted to take the extra juice from the sauce home! The grilled calamari over their arugula salad is MY FAVORITE! Not a morsel left on the plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2014always a great place love the food and the ambiance thanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- The food never lets us downTomasVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been customers of Spasso for a while. The food never disappoints! Time and time again, we return for the menu items and are always delighted by the specials. The staff is very accommodating, though the hostess is consistently less than friendly. No matter, the food and the waiters make up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Will always come back as long as food is so delish!Special Features:
- OutstandingRitaDined on 11/3/2014Great food and good service. We really enjoyed it. We were tired travelers and enjoyed the atmosphere, convenient location and good service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- very goodluvnewplacesDined on 11/1/2014the front room has a homey atmosphere. food and service were excellent. I was pleasantly surprised. i will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDLA07Dined on 11/1/2014The food was fabulous as was the service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Glad to be back!carolngeorgeVIPDined on 10/30/2014We always enjoy meals at Spasso, and have been returning for several years. The wait staff is friendly, efficient and great at 'splitting' entrees for us. The tables for 2 are nice and roomy. Bread and 'veggies' served before/with appetizers are another treat. Never disappointing!Special Features:
- Great experienceReviewsfoodsDined on 10/26/2014We had family in town and wanted a good Italian dinner. Spasso's is one of our favorite so we decided to go there. They never let down! Always great service and even better food!Special Features:
- Eat2LiveVIPDined on 10/25/2014It is a very noisy restaurant - the only drawback. I suppose, given the size and the fact that it is really great for big group, that is to be expected. Otherwise - terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MWAADined on 10/18/2014Convenient location near Penn's Landing, Maritime Museum and Penn's Landing Playhouse. Good food, but not necessarily to write home about. Had the short rib special; the sauce was outstanding but the ribs were a bit on the dry side. My wife had a veal dish that was very good; side of linguine was good but perhaps a tad undercooked for her taste. Prompt service. Comfortable atmosphere but somewhat loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodDEPennLawAlumDined on 10/17/2014We had a group of very experienced diners. Every dish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Best TimemscottwillisDined on 10/16/2014The food and service was outstanding. And, parking convenient. I absolutly plan to go again.Special Features:
- nannyDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my 60th birthday on Saturday night. The staff was great and kept their sense of humor- very important with a group of 16!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vewry good as usualYcookVIPDined on 10/5/2014The service and the food was very good. Sorry they did not sepia on the menue any more. It is one of may favorites. The pasta and sea food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable Culinary ExperienceDaniel1Dined on 10/3/2014Great Italian cuisine. Felt I was dining in Italy. Service was friendly, prompt and wonderful like the food. I highly recommend Spasso's if you want a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Delicious & Old School ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/2/2014The staff at Spasso care about their customers from a warm welcome to a humble thank you & goodnight. The food is very good - very very good. Definitely going back again.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceJerseyNeighborsDined on 9/27/2014The place was wonderful. I went with my girlfriend for her birthday and everything went as planned. The waiter named was one of the best I ever had and made wonderful suggestions. The food was out very quickly compared to what I had expected on a busy Saturday night but it did not seem to phase any of the workers. The meals were in our top 3 for italian dishes we had ever eaten and my girlfriend is full italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining ExperienceLindaL12Dined on 9/20/2014The food was fabulous, the service was wonderful, the atmosphere was charming and the price was just right. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Better presentation on dessert!ChefDined on 9/20/2014We started our dinner with the antipasto for two. It was the best we have eaten. My girlfriend ordered the one of the chef special, she'd loved it! I ordered the weekly special (stuffed pork chop). It wasn't the great. Since I'm a chef at country club. I felt the pork chop was over done and dry! It seemed the pork was reheated, just my opinion! When I'm dining out I like to order soup to nuts! Our finale was the cheesecake, I was pretty surprise on the presentation of the dessert FLAT! But overall it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!laineDined on 9/19/2014My friends and I went during Restaurant Week and we were all very impressed by the food. The plates were brought out quickly and the food was steaming hot (which is always a good sign). Everyone enjoyed their food and our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian YetDanielleDined on 9/19/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in the city by far. Great selection, reasonable prices, and delicious food!Special Features:
- Spasso ReviewLizzyDined on 9/19/2014The food was wonderful. We went during restaurant week ($35 a person). We got an appetizer of our choice, any entrée and a dessert. The service was good and did not have to rely on our busy waitress for everything because others were able to clear our plates and refill our drinks. My only disappoint was that on the Center City Restaurant Week website it said we could have any dessert of the menu, but we were only offered three. I was not able to get my Crème Brule, but the other desserts were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!!Spanks33Dined on 9/18/2014Went to Spasso Italian Grill for Philadelphia's Restaurant Week... It was such a great experience!! The food was absolutely amazing, well proportioned, ambiance was romantic and the prices were great as well. It was certainly worth my time and travel as I'm from central Jersey(50 mins). Looking forward to going back again soon! Mangia! Mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceShellyDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time dining at Spasso. My experience there has been wonderful. The food is delicious and fresh. The service is excellent. I highly recommend this restuarant if you enjoy italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Good Italian foodYnotdineoutDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food and service. Portions were large. Very accommodating, I asked for Chicken Piccata which wasn't on the menu and the server said no problem we will make it for you. Quick service but didn't feel rushed. The only negative was that it was very loud in the dining room. Enjoyed a nice walk around Penn's Landing after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Homemade ItalianAmi76Dined on 9/15/2014All of the pasta dishes were fresh made and wonderful. The gnocchi and raviolis were creamy and very tasty.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT. THE SERVICE WAS BETTER. EACH TIME I EAT AT SPASSO'S, I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekladyandthetrampDined on 9/14/2014Amazing four course dinner for only $35. Full menu was available for choices, not just two or three choices. Food and service were great. Only negative I have is the noise level. Maybe some more upholstered chairs and a few wall hangings might do the trick of reducing the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great Service!citygirlDined on 9/14/2014Spasso's is a great neighborhood restaurant. Varied menu, great service at affordable prices made the overall experience excellent. There were seven guests in our party, each having a different entree. Everyone really liked their choice. Food was well prepared, fresh, and service was excellent. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014fantastic app's and entrees. one of the best resturants we been to. highly recommend for any occassion.Special Features:
- FireworksjmagsDined on 9/12/2014Check the Camden River Sharks schedule and ask for a table outside. Perfect view of the fireworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- balafoodieDined on 9/12/2014It was rather loud. Friday night 8:30. Octopus carpaccio was delicious. Good wine selection and was reasonably priced. Entrees were good the ny strip was a little dry. Veggies thst came with it were not that hot. Overall good and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!JacquieD55Dined on 9/9/2014We visited Spasso with a group of 10. We arrived about 1.5 hours before our reservation to have happy hour in the Spasso bar. Happy hour was wonderful, there was a nice selection of appetizers wine and drinks on special price. We were there for a special birthday dinner and they accommodated us wonderfully, all of the food was delicious and they were just absolutely excellent hosts. We love Spasso & highly recommend it. Parking is a breeze with an $8 lot next door & meter parking across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for Italians :)Sstu01Dined on 9/3/2014Love little Italian restaurants that have the family owned, authentic feel. I expected it to be busy by the great reviews, and there was barely anyone in there (which I was pleasantly surprised about). We had wine, apps, main entrees, and dessert. Everything was delicious and we plan on going back to try other dishes that looked amazing passing our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular DinerSeashoreDiamondsVIPDined on 8/24/2014Spasso was great, you won't be disappointed here. Food is excellent. Our waitress/bartender Karolina was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonstruckFoodloveVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were so surprised by Spasso! What a vibrant dining spot. The place was packed with locals who knew just how great it is. We had a great bottle of wine for a nice price. The homemade pasta was so delicious and the staff could not have been more accommodating. We truly enjoyed our dinner and it set the pace for a wonderful weekend! We will be back as it felt like home!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsrosebudDined on 8/23/2014We enjoy our dining experience every time that we eat here, and so do our guests. It fits every occasion, and has a convenient location. The mussels are the best in town.Special Features:
- Get the musselsCatcalDined on 8/21/2014The mussels in white wine sauce appetizer was excellent and could have been a dinner if you just add their homemade pasta to it. Their gnocchis are made there and are so light and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.