Sparks Steak House
210 East 46th St.
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Sparks Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sparkssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2126874855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: From Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Desai 8883389774
- Special Events: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties or simple get together with accommodations raging from 4 guests all the way up to 600 guests. To Book a party please click here or call our Banquet Manager at (212) 687-4806
A word from Sparks Steak House
Sparks Steak House was opened in 1966 by Michael and Pasquale Cetta, hence the logo 'Cetta Brothers Steak Masters'. The restaurant is still a family owned and operated business and is located in midtown Manhattan, a five minute walk from Grand Central Station and The United Nations.Continued
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sparks Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)notable wine list (137)good for groups (87)fit for foodies (78)romantic (46)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- SmoothOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Love the atmosphere and the waitstaff. The food was delicious. Kudos to the ChefSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The only reason why I didnt rate this restaurant outstanding is due to the host not being polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningfoodiefunDined on 10/24/2014What a great night! Outstanding food and impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school charmLbaumanDined on 10/24/2014Amazing food and service. A unique atmosphere you won't find elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak like alwaysMarieDined on 10/23/2014I have been to Sparks many times over the years and it has not disappointed. Their signature Prime Sirloin is excellent, always cooked properly (unlike other high-end steakhouses), and the chargrilled exterior seals in the juices. If you want a great, old-time steakhouse, you cannot go wrong with Sparks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meat, huge portionPinkPotatoDined on 10/22/2014Ordered prime sirloin was thinking of having a lighter dinner. Out came a huge piece of meat, my jaws almost died finishing that (rare). My wife had the medallions however the sauce was not of her liking. The meat was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparks is a Must GoLiv2EatDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating a special occasion. The wine list is expansive and robust. The beef medallions were out of this world. We added the family style creamed spinach and split a Caesar salad for an app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time...WineandDineDined on 10/18/2014It was my girlfriends first time to NYC and I wanted to take her to a nice place... this is a nice place. A lot of NYC's established places tend to be just a bit too uppity... this is not the case at Sparks... everyone was like an ambassador. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- SouthernFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Great steaks. Two people can split one entree because they are HUGE! We also split a salad and a side of asparagus. Dessert was ok, but not fabulous. The wine list is extensive. We had the Duckhorn Cabernet Sauvignon, and it was excellent. I would highly recommend Sparks.Special Features:
- DisappointedMeateater5Dined on 10/17/2014Crab appetizer and Halibut steak were amazing. Service was great. Sirloin (chefs recommendation) was very average and disappointing.Special Features:
- GREAT STEAKSJazzkingDined on 10/16/2014Whenever I visit New York I always look for a good steak and the Fillet Mignon at Sparks tops the list. From the time we arrived we had the finest service, an unbelievable wine list and great food - who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- Great steak and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014One of the best steaks I have had. The wine list also rates well with lots of well known California Cabs with reasonable retail price markups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulTravellorVIPDined on 10/13/2014great to visit here again. Started with some oysters and baked clams and did the double lamb chops and veal chop. All of the food was amazing. Thanks also for the great bar service Beckam and Adnand. Cant wait to come back soonSpecial Features:
- Great steak!smpjrDined on 10/13/2014One of the best steaks I have had in NYC. Dark wood, white linen, lots of paintings - classic ambience. Waiters are pros
- Best steak there is!ketaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Once again, we went to our favorite steakhouse & once again, the steaks were marvelous! I've been to lots of different steakhouses in NYC but I've not found any steak any better. We had our family with us (10 of us which included 4 grandkids ) and they also loved it. The only thing was that our waiter was not very friendly. I've always gotten great service there with very friendly waiters so I was hoping we would get one that would interact with the kids and make them feel really welcomed in a nice restaurant like that but it didn't happen. Except to wait on us, it was as if we were not there. But, I will be back because I can't pass up the wonderful steaks when I am in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsoutrightDined on 10/11/2014Superb style and ambiance. 1st class international wine list, wonderful St-Emilion choices. Large portions, so do not fill up beforehand! The Shrimp Cocktail starter had 4 of the largest 'shrimps' ever grown, perfect choice. The Filet Mignon portion is enough for 2 men, you would not need to eat meat for several days afterwards, and I love meat, am not skinny and could not finish the portion. But perfectly cooked Medium Rare. The spinach side dish is enough for 2 or 3 people as is the broccoli ( 4 large sprigs ). So New York portion sizes and not French nouvelle cuisine sizes! Prices are up there with the Savoy Grill in London, so don't go if you have a limited budget. Fantastic !Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Came to NYC for the weekend, was referred to eat at this restaurant and the food and service did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very dissapointingjanextDined on 10/11/2014We both had filet mignon that was tough, gristly and poorly cooked. For almost $50 per steak you would think the waiter would at least check and see how are dinner was but he did not. I was too tired that evening to complain and decided to let it go. We won't be back.
- cat123Dined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my birthday while out of town in New York City. We selected this restaurant based on walking distance from our hotel. We were not disappointed. My husband ordered a filet and I had the steak medallions. Steaks were prepared perfectly and were of good flavor. Proportions were huge, as were the side dishes. Waiter was professional and personable. Was surprised by the wine list. While not a big wine drinker, the menu was significant. Prices were extensive -- was surprised by the cost for some of the wines ($2,000 for a bottle)! Little to pricey for my tastes but for wine lovers, what a variety.Special Features:
- WOW !!!!!!WorldfamousDined on 10/10/2014This place is greatttttt. I had the lamb chops and they were deliciousssssssssss. I could eat 2 plates alone (lol). The hash brown potatoes were good but a little on the salty side for me. They have a great selection of wine and almost everything is by bottle. If your on a budget or not really a big spender then I would not recommend this place to you, but of your willing to eat Great and pay then price then go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014Sparks serves the best steak that my wife and I have ever had. We ate there for the first time about 10 years aqo, and have, since then, visited this restaurant every time we go to NYC (about 2-3 times a year)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak,poor valuesushifanDined on 10/10/2014Although it started with good service, the waiter ignored picking upour check to attend to a large party. We waited a good twenty minutes to pay the check, which was outrageous for what we had. The steaks were good, but not worth $60 a piece with $11 for a baked potato. I get that it's New York, but I would not go again.Special Features:
- New York icon. A Royal experienceSoboDined on 10/9/2014A dining experience that will last a lifetime. Expect to pay for this edulgance, it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakannjDined on 10/8/2014You go here for the steak and not the ambiance or service. The steak is AMAZING. Even the simplest sides-- hash browns-- were delicious. In terms of the ambiance and service, the place is really old school, old boys club type of feel (a lot of men in their sport coats) and the waiters are mostly just there to put food on your table. So if you don't care about the ambiance or service but want top notch steak, go here. Reservations is a must. I had to wait 30 min even with a reservations b/c they were backed up. The host by the door is super attentive and in charge of the swarm of people that come in; does a great job taking care of each patron regardless of the chaos.Special Features:
- Amazing food & servicemdamore34Dined on 10/4/2014One of the best steakhouses I've ever been to. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I even got to take a picture of John Gotti's table. Amazing experience. Will be back shortly.Special Features:
- Everything was great!sailawayDined on 10/3/2014Steak portions are gigantic & very tasty! I had the filet and my husband had the sirloin. The waiters all recommended the sirloin as the top seller. We decided to try one of each. Both cooked to perfection. We had cocktails before dinner and wine w/ dinner. the wine list is very extensive. This was our first visit to Sparks. We will definitely go back next time we are in town. Great people watching too.Special Features:
- ExcellentASeimDined on 10/3/2014Spent a nice evening there. Very helpful staff, gave us the right recommodations concerning sharing and so on. The result was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/2/2014we went on thursday after not being there for over a year...And it was JAMMED!!! People still coming in at 10:00...but the service and food was still excellent..Love the place...BEST steakhouse hands down in NYC...WIll be back soonSpecial Features:
- It Sparks @ SparksfigmentVIPDined on 10/1/2014We can argue all night about which steak house is the best in NYC, but none of the contenders have the history of Sparks! Its fun, energetic and they serve a great steak. What else could you want? p.s. don't sit with your back to the door!!Special Features:
- Classic steak housestan43VIPDined on 9/29/2014Sparks is my favorite NY Steakhouse, the service impeccable, huge wine list, terrific steaks and aides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallIluvNYCDined on 9/27/2014Great food..excellent service... Superb wine list...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-ok serviceTheBiggaBossDined on 9/27/2014Sparks always delivers with the best filet and great wine list. But..as I have experienced on past occasions the chef is reluctant to prepare my steak as I prefer. I prefer a medium filet and I describe what I consider "medium" to be. No surprise when I received mine ULTRA rare. On a prior visit I was flat out told that the chef does not wish to cook a filet to my preferred temperature. I continue to go return but always expect to send my meat back for re-cooking. If I am spending $300 for two for dinner I should be able to get my meal prepared the way I LIKE it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service terribledontgo1Dined on 9/27/2014very limited on size of cuts of meat. wait staff down right rude. Mallony and porcelli much much better, as well as keens steak houses. Nothing great about this place. much better options available..
- mehGfrontieroDined on 9/26/2014wasn't blown away by anything. the filet wasn't very tender and broccoli was overcooked. hash browns were great.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The food was great! But the service was even better. Our waiter was really nice and very attentive. I would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veritasDined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating our anniverasy. Place came highly recommended but was HIGHLY disappointing!!! Asked the waiter the difference between their top sirloin vs. Filet, he said because the sirloin was "aged", it was more tender and juicier than the filet. I took his recommendation. Obviously, he was wrong! The sirloin was fatty and tough. When i asked to have the filet instead, he said he couldn't switch it for me. He finaly did. Then, my husband asked our waiter if their cheeaecake had a thick or thin graham cracker crust and he responded "for me, it's medium". However, the cheesecake didnt even have a crust!!! Never mind the fact he didnt ask if we wanted coffee with our dessert!! That was $300 flushed down the drain.Special Features:
- best filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014My husband and I went for a late lunch. It was pretty quite because all the business lunch people had already left. We ordered appetizers and main courses. In addition to The portions being huge the filet mignon that I had was tender, juicy and cooked perfectly. My husband had the sliced steak which was also a huge portion. We learned that in the future it would be enough for us to share. We were very satisfied. Will definitely go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ServiceSesameGingerDined on 9/20/2014Everything was top notch. Only negative is that the restaurant was packed and it was a little loud. Not sure if I'd call it "intimate". However for a night out with friends or in a group Sparks was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the oneWWaltonGDined on 9/20/2014Classic old school and done right. It has been a few years since my last visit. Lots of new places claim to "the new" go-to steak house. Seems that Sparks has been spending their time polishing their gem. The Sirloin was simply perfect. Cooked just as I requested and could cut it with a spoon if I wanted. Seasoned just enough to bring out the flavor in a quality steak. They know what they have but make you feel welcome and appreciated. Can't beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class ActStyleandGraceDined on 9/20/2014This was my first time dining at Sparks Steakhouse, on the recommendation of a friend. I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews, but decided to see for myself. Best decision ever. The service was amazing from the moment we walked in. Our waiter was Yousseff and he attended to our every need. Even anticipated them before we had to ask. We both ordered the Filet mignon and both of our steaks were cooked perfectly! The wine list was amazing and the creamed spinach was divine. The hospitality offered here gives you more than your money's worth and I can't wait for my next visit . If you have never been here, I encourage you to try it out and see for yourself. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Ask for Yousseff when you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.