Sparks Steak House
210 East 46th St.
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Sparks Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sparkssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2126874855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: From Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Desai 8883389774
- Special Events: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties or simple get together with accommodations raging from 4 guests all the way up to 600 guests. To Book a party please click here or call our Banquet Manager at (212) 687-4806
A word from Sparks Steak House
Sparks Steak House was opened in 1966 by Michael and Pasquale Cetta, hence the logo 'Cetta Brothers Steak Masters'. The restaurant is still a family owned and operated business and is located in midtown Manhattan, a five minute walk from Grand Central Station and The United Nations.Continued
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sparks Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)notable wine list (104)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (49)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great food..excellent service... Superb wine list...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014very limited on size of cuts of meat. wait staff down right rude. Mallony and porcelli much much better, as well as keens steak houses. Nothing great about this place. much better options available..
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014wasn't blown away by anything. the filet wasn't very tender and broccoli was overcooked. hash browns were great.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The food was great! But the service was even better. Our waiter was really nice and very attentive. I would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating our anniverasy. Place came highly recommended but was HIGHLY disappointing!!! Asked the waiter the difference between their top sirloin vs. Filet, he said because the sirloin was "aged", it was more tender and juicier than the filet. I took his recommendation. Obviously, he was wrong! The sirloin was fatty and tough. When i asked to have the filet instead, he said he couldn't switch it for me. He finaly did. Then, my husband asked our waiter if their cheeaecake had a thick or thin graham cracker crust and he responded "for me, it's medium". However, the cheesecake didnt even have a crust!!! Never mind the fact he didnt ask if we wanted coffee with our dessert!! That was $300 flushed down the drain.Special Features:
- best filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014My husband and I went for a late lunch. It was pretty quite because all the business lunch people had already left. We ordered appetizers and main courses. In addition to The portions being huge the filet mignon that I had was tender, juicy and cooked perfectly. My husband had the sliced steak which was also a huge portion. We learned that in the future it would be enough for us to share. We were very satisfied. Will definitely go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ServiceSesameGingerDined on 9/20/2014Everything was top notch. Only negative is that the restaurant was packed and it was a little loud. Not sure if I'd call it "intimate". However for a night out with friends or in a group Sparks was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the oneWWaltonGDined on 9/20/2014Classic old school and done right. It has been a few years since my last visit. Lots of new places claim to "the new" go-to steak house. Seems that Sparks has been spending their time polishing their gem. The Sirloin was simply perfect. Cooked just as I requested and could cut it with a spoon if I wanted. Seasoned just enough to bring out the flavor in a quality steak. They know what they have but make you feel welcome and appreciated. Can't beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class ActStyleandGraceDined on 9/20/2014This was my first time dining at Sparks Steakhouse, on the recommendation of a friend. I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews, but decided to see for myself. Best decision ever. The service was amazing from the moment we walked in. Our waiter was Yousseff and he attended to our every need. Even anticipated them before we had to ask. We both ordered the Filet mignon and both of our steaks were cooked perfectly! The wine list was amazing and the creamed spinach was divine. The hospitality offered here gives you more than your money's worth and I can't wait for my next visit . If you have never been here, I encourage you to try it out and see for yourself. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Ask for Yousseff when you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceLetItBeWrittenVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went during a weekend in NY. Interesting to see the spot right outside where history was made with Paul Castellano and his underboss in 1985. Inside, we were seated promptly with reservation at 7 PM ET on a Saturday evening. Service was excellent, wine list selection was extensive. She had the filet, I had a 3.5-pound lobster. Very nice atmosphere, tables not too close together with separating architecture (small partial walls, glass partitions, etc.) to allow for some privacy. Nice selection of icewine as well after dinner. Drawbacks (minor) - the filet wasn't quite as tender as we would have liked, and the lobster was not optimally shelled (had a few bits of cartilage in a few of the pieces) but a fine experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attitude AdjustmentBillyBobVIPDined on 9/20/2014I picked Sparks specifically because they have a reputation for NYC Atitude. I grew up in the Bronx so I know a little bit about attitude, and enjoy the banter. Instead of attitude, I felt we were treated rudely, and I have a pretty thick skin. Sorry, I can't recommend Sparks. Your mileage may differ, just be prepared.
- Always special.LandSDined on 9/20/2014Sparks is my favorite steakhouse in NYC. Go there. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Impeccable attention to detail. Amazing ine list. The steak was very good. A little tough which surprised me.Special Features:
- Sparks Did Fly!NatsrontoDined on 9/19/2014On our first visit to New York we had the great pleasure of dining at Sparks. The atmosphere is classic, the service is excellent, the wine list extensive and their food is of the highest quality. We would return in a "New York Minute" and we would highly recommend Sparks to anyone interested in fine dining at it's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok price with so so steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I was expecting a bit more from the "best steak house in NYC". Maybe they are living in the bygone era. My filet was medium rare but I needed a chainsaw to cut it. The table across from us even ask for a1 sauce after complaining about taste. But now I can say I've been to Sparks, only problem is I wish we went somewhere else.
- Fun NightJohn55VIPDined on 9/18/2014The atmosphere was excellent - worth at least one visit - salad, steak and dessert was terrific - the lobster and shrimp combo was floating in butter not a good choice - will be back again for the steakSpecial Features:
- Salty on every single dishFoodie13579Dined on 9/17/2014I usually love this restaurant. I was disappointed this time.
- LynneDined on 9/16/2014I have been to Sparks on numerous occasions and have been totally delighted every time.Not only is the service outstanding but the atmosphere and the meal are delightful.I always recommend Sparks to anyone visiting New York City,and plan to Dine there when I return.Special Features:
- Sweet surpriseFoodproDined on 9/13/2014I expected Sparks to be a great restaurant but it was actually one of the best I've ever been to in my whole life, I was very surprised by that and by details such as the amazing service. Traditional, classic, somewhat formal yet very welcoming. Dinner and desserts were indescribable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time!pattydDined on 9/12/2014We had received a gift card as a present so his was our first visit to Sparks. It's a little out of the way but was well worth the visit. We made a reservation for 6:15 on a Friday night the restaurant was empty. As we left by 7:30 the place was getting filled. The service was great and the food was outstanding. Our steaks were cooked exactly the way we ordered them. Some of the steak prices were a bit higher than most of the other "steak houses" in NYC but the wine and drink prices were lower. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great place to eatBrianDined on 9/11/2014A fantastic place to eat. Good food, wine and service, and a historic nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in over a decade!MisterEDined on 9/11/2014I went to Sparks based on a recommendations of a friend and a co-worker and was not disappointed. My friend and I each ordered the prime sirloin, we both thought it was excellent! This was the best steak in over a decade; however, the creamed spinach was a little watery and the salad was just okay. I'd skip the sides and go for meat! Great time overall and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The largest filet mignon ever!NandoFreshDined on 9/10/2014Excellent Filet mignon! I have never seen filet mignon so thick and juicy before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another NYC SteakhouseLindajwinkVIPDined on 9/9/2014Nothing outstanding besides the famous mob hit that occurred outside the front door. I've had better in many other steakhouses in NYC. A wait for our reserved table, and tough meat which was supposedly tenderloin in the sliced steak with mushroom sauce made it just another meal in a fancy setting with high prices.
- SirloinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Steak was well cooked, but the quality from the meat was poor.Special Features:
- Sparks has outlived its reputationbearVIPDined on 9/8/2014The two NY strip steaks we ordered were tough and full of gristle I expect to pay $55 for a good prime steak but these were bad The waiter was very apologetic and he refunded the cost of one steak but I think they are living on their old reputationSpecial Features:
- Party BashPamDDined on 9/6/2014We had my husband's 45th birthday dinner at Spark's with some friends, it was amazing. We've been here before and will of course be back. Service was outstanding, no rushing you, not on top of you, just perfect. The food? There's no words for just how amazing the food is here.Special Features:
- Food overpriced and overatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by friends who visited on a trip a few years ago. Waiters attentive and no doubt it's an iconic place, but the food was disappointing. Regardless of whether one wants an old fashioned steakhouse or a more refined meal, the meat just didn't deliver on taste. Steak slightly over cooked and under seasoned. Good but not remarkable sides of onions and hash browns, but spinach bland and disappointing. I am sure it was great in it's heyday but they need to buck up.
- Still the bestGR23Dined on 9/5/2014We have eaten here for about 14 years. The restaurant still serves unbelievable thick steaks, cooked perfectly, and sides large enough to share. The wine list is one of the best and has enough red wines from different regions to satisfy your budget. We have taken many guests to this restaurant and it is always a hit. The Tartuffo dessert is still my favorite. If you are looking for a real New York steak, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Worst serviceSunshineDined on 8/30/2014Rudest waiter ever experienced! Food is great but worst service seen ever: rude language and very unpleasant. Def not going there agAin.Special Features:
- Can't even get the steak rightLikeGoodServiceFLVIPDined on 8/29/2014The trouble started from the moment we sat down. Our waiter acted as if we were inconveniencing him by sitting at his table. He was slow to take our order, didn't write it down and then sent another wait staff to confirm the temperatures on our steaks. Unfortunately, she didn't confirm that one if our orders was for a filet, not the strip that ultimately showed up. After waiting 10 minutes for our original waiter to check on us, I informed him of the issue and he blamed it on us for not confirming with the other server. Twenty minutes later, my filet came out, but the sides were cold and my companion had finished eating. Needless to say, he made no attempt to make it right. No offer for dessert and no offer for an adjustment to the bill.
- Great service. Mediocre steakSelenasaysDined on 8/29/2014Steak burnt exterior with minimal flavor for premium price
- for a special night outNYCJeanVIPDined on 8/29/2014As usual, the service and the food was fantastic. This is not the first time we have dined there, but it surely won't be the last. The steak was done just right and when we asked to share two orders for the three of us, the waiter offered to have the steaks cut up, which we appreciated. Ended taking home the left overs and enjoyed two more meals. Just as delicious cold the next morning.Special Features:
- Class Act!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014First visit to Sparks and it will be at the top of my list for future dining in NYC. The service and atmosphere were excellent. Attentive waiter without hovering and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Old New York charmItssortoftastyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent sirloin steak! The waiter was gracious and attentive. Very large portions....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Service was terrible. The messed up the order. Two people Ordered medium came out well done. Waiters had no idea which plate belonged to which person. Food was average at best. Service was terrrible.
- Classic Superb SteakhouseesfoadDined on 8/23/2014This is our second visit to Sparks. The first time, the food was wonderful so we decided to return for my wife's birthday. She is a lobster fan so the huge lobsters they serve were the perfect complement for her day. As before, the food was great and, bonus, the wait staff even de-shells the lobster for you! They have one of the more complete wine lists as well. Altogether, a great experience!Special Features:
- Awesome SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The steaks were awesome from start to finish. That was what I wanted, and I was fully satisfied. Definitely expensive, so leave the budget at home. The waiter was friendly and attentive. Drinks were well served and the portions great. Everything you expect from a high-end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentluvmsteakDined on 8/21/2014We have been visiting Sparks for over 25 years, and find it still true to form. The steaks are the best in NYC, and the oysters are perfect. They have an amazing wine list. We will be back, soon.Special Features:
- Best Steak in NY CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014Sparks has always been the best steakhouse in NY City. They have the best selection of steaks, salads and sides. The Servers are always accommodating to your every need. Sparks is always consistent in preparing your dinner to your specifications.Special Features: