Sparks Steak House
210 East 46th St.
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Sparks Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sparkssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2126874855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: From Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Desai 8883389774
- Special Events: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties or simple get together with accommodations raging from 4 guests all the way up to 600 guests. To Book a party please click here or call our Banquet Manager at (212) 687-4806
A word from Sparks Steak House
Sparks Steak House was opened in 1966 by Michael and Pasquale Cetta, hence the logo 'Cetta Brothers Steak Masters'. The restaurant is still a family owned and operated business and is located in midtown Manhattan, a five minute walk from Grand Central Station and The United Nations.Continued
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sparks Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)notable wine list (96)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (42)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Ok price with so so steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I was expecting a bit more from the "best steak house in NYC". Maybe they are living in the bygone era. My filet was medium rare but I needed a chainsaw to cut it. The table across from us even ask for a1 sauce after complaining about taste. But now I can say I've been to Sparks, only problem is I wish we went somewhere else.
- Salty on every single dishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014I usually love this restaurant. I was disappointed this time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014I have been to Sparks on numerous occasions and have been totally delighted every time.Not only is the service outstanding but the atmosphere and the meal are delightful.I always recommend Sparks to anyone visiting New York City,and plan to Dine there when I return.Special Features:
- Sweet surpriseFoodproDined on 9/13/2014I expected Sparks to be a great restaurant but it was actually one of the best I've ever been to in my whole life, I was very surprised by that and by details such as the amazing service. Traditional, classic, somewhat formal yet very welcoming. Dinner and desserts were indescribable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time!pattydDined on 9/12/2014We had received a gift card as a present so his was our first visit to Sparks. It's a little out of the way but was well worth the visit. We made a reservation for 6:15 on a Friday night the restaurant was empty. As we left by 7:30 the place was getting filled. The service was great and the food was outstanding. Our steaks were cooked exactly the way we ordered them. Some of the steak prices were a bit higher than most of the other "steak houses" in NYC but the wine and drink prices were lower. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great place to eatBrianDined on 9/11/2014A fantastic place to eat. Good food, wine and service, and a historic nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in over a decade!MisterEDined on 9/11/2014I went to Sparks based on a recommendations of a friend and a co-worker and was not disappointed. My friend and I each ordered the prime sirloin, we both thought it was excellent! This was the best steak in over a decade; however, the creamed spinach was a little watery and the salad was just okay. I'd skip the sides and go for meat! Great time overall and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The largest filet mignon ever!NandoFreshDined on 9/10/2014Excellent Filet mignon! I have never seen filet mignon so thick and juicy before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another NYC SteakhouseLindajwinkVIPDined on 9/9/2014Nothing outstanding besides the famous mob hit that occurred outside the front door. I've had better in many other steakhouses in NYC. A wait for our reserved table, and tough meat which was supposedly tenderloin in the sliced steak with mushroom sauce made it just another meal in a fancy setting with high prices.
- SirloinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Steak was well cooked, but the quality from the meat was poor.Special Features:
- Sparks has outlived its reputationbearVIPDined on 9/8/2014The two NY strip steaks we ordered were tough and full of gristle I expect to pay $55 for a good prime steak but these were bad The waiter was very apologetic and he refunded the cost of one steak but I think they are living on their old reputationSpecial Features:
- Party BashPamDDined on 9/6/2014We had my husband's 45th birthday dinner at Spark's with some friends, it was amazing. We've been here before and will of course be back. Service was outstanding, no rushing you, not on top of you, just perfect. The food? There's no words for just how amazing the food is here.Special Features:
- Food overpriced and overatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by friends who visited on a trip a few years ago. Waiters attentive and no doubt it's an iconic place, but the food was disappointing. Regardless of whether one wants an old fashioned steakhouse or a more refined meal, the meat just didn't deliver on taste. Steak slightly over cooked and under seasoned. Good but not remarkable sides of onions and hash browns, but spinach bland and disappointing. I am sure it was great in it's heyday but they need to buck up.
- Still the bestGR23Dined on 9/5/2014We have eaten here for about 14 years. The restaurant still serves unbelievable thick steaks, cooked perfectly, and sides large enough to share. The wine list is one of the best and has enough red wines from different regions to satisfy your budget. We have taken many guests to this restaurant and it is always a hit. The Tartuffo dessert is still my favorite. If you are looking for a real New York steak, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Worst serviceSunshineDined on 8/30/2014Rudest waiter ever experienced! Food is great but worst service seen ever: rude language and very unpleasant. Def not going there agAin.Special Features:
- Can't even get the steak rightLikeGoodServiceFLVIPDined on 8/29/2014The trouble started from the moment we sat down. Our waiter acted as if we were inconveniencing him by sitting at his table. He was slow to take our order, didn't write it down and then sent another wait staff to confirm the temperatures on our steaks. Unfortunately, she didn't confirm that one if our orders was for a filet, not the strip that ultimately showed up. After waiting 10 minutes for our original waiter to check on us, I informed him of the issue and he blamed it on us for not confirming with the other server. Twenty minutes later, my filet came out, but the sides were cold and my companion had finished eating. Needless to say, he made no attempt to make it right. No offer for dessert and no offer for an adjustment to the bill.
- Great service. Mediocre steakSelenasaysDined on 8/29/2014Steak burnt exterior with minimal flavor for premium price
- for a special night outNYCJeanVIPDined on 8/29/2014As usual, the service and the food was fantastic. This is not the first time we have dined there, but it surely won't be the last. The steak was done just right and when we asked to share two orders for the three of us, the waiter offered to have the steaks cut up, which we appreciated. Ended taking home the left overs and enjoyed two more meals. Just as delicious cold the next morning.Special Features:
- Class Act!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014First visit to Sparks and it will be at the top of my list for future dining in NYC. The service and atmosphere were excellent. Attentive waiter without hovering and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Old New York charmItssortoftastyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent sirloin steak! The waiter was gracious and attentive. Very large portions....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Service was terrible. The messed up the order. Two people Ordered medium came out well done. Waiters had no idea which plate belonged to which person. Food was average at best. Service was terrrible.
- Classic Superb SteakhouseesfoadDined on 8/23/2014This is our second visit to Sparks. The first time, the food was wonderful so we decided to return for my wife's birthday. She is a lobster fan so the huge lobsters they serve were the perfect complement for her day. As before, the food was great and, bonus, the wait staff even de-shells the lobster for you! They have one of the more complete wine lists as well. Altogether, a great experience!Special Features:
- Awesome SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The steaks were awesome from start to finish. That was what I wanted, and I was fully satisfied. Definitely expensive, so leave the budget at home. The waiter was friendly and attentive. Drinks were well served and the portions great. Everything you expect from a high-end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentluvmsteakDined on 8/21/2014We have been visiting Sparks for over 25 years, and find it still true to form. The steaks are the best in NYC, and the oysters are perfect. They have an amazing wine list. We will be back, soon.Special Features:
- Best Steak in NY CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014Sparks has always been the best steakhouse in NY City. They have the best selection of steaks, salads and sides. The Servers are always accommodating to your every need. Sparks is always consistent in preparing your dinner to your specifications.Special Features:
- Favorite Steakhouse in NYCPersistent1Dined on 8/21/2014Great steak and ambiance. Unfortunately, for the first time, my sirloin steak was extremely tough. Obviously just a bad cow because the overall taste was still excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat PlugOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Everything is great. Old school Steakhouse. Sides. Apps. Everything is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!!RobertDined on 8/19/2014I hadn't been to Spark's in a while. I didn't remember how limited the steak menu was. We had a number of women who would have like to order smaller steaks, but there was no option for , lets say a petite filet mignon. We had some really good wine. Every one loved their steaks. Service was OK at best. Our waiter seemed to be absent more than there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Great steaks, seafood and attractively priced wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparks lost its spark. Sad.CranevorDined on 8/15/2014Not anymore unfortunately. It can be OK for an averaged positioning place - not for the level of brand and pricing of sparks.
- Amazing Steak DinnerRyanTVDined on 8/15/2014I took my wife to Sparks for her birthday. This is definitely not the kind of place you would go without an special occasion or a corporate expense account. Everything is served À la carte and everything is extremely pricey. Think $50 for a steak, $10 for a side, $15 for a drink. That said, the food was fantastic. The Filet was HUGE and the char on it was incredible. I did have to send both of our steaks back because they were very rare in the center and we wanted them medium, but it was handled quickly and the steaks came back out perfectly cooked. The sides were good but it would be nice to see a little more creativity in that department & charging $10 for a side of sauteed onions is insulting. Overall, it was a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown26Dined on 8/15/20145 of us were celebrating our 50th Birthday. I am one of the diners that was with Pat. The person that greeted us seemed surprised that we were going to dine there. The Host wasn't rude or unfriendly he just seemed uninterested ( got there for 4:30pm reservation). The waiter I believe his name is Huseff is the only person that made our dining experience a good one. He smiled and laughed with us. 3 out of 5 of us enjoyed their meal. I was not use to the sauce that the steak was prepared in. I asked for a medium well steak. It was medium well in the middle but well done on the ends.
- Not like the old days but.....Ieat4uDined on 8/12/2014Not like the old days but worth the visit Best seats in the house are in the barSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphere, quality serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Sirloin, service, atmosphere was excellent. I made a reservation for one, then two buddies decided to join me; the staff didn't make a fuss and welcomed the extra company. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!PegWVIPDined on 8/11/2014We three ordered the Filet Mignon, medium rare. They arrived at the same time. One was medium, one rare and finally, one medium rare. The quality of the beef was very disappointing. The filet was hard to cut even with their steak knives. The potatoes and sauteed onions were very good but we were looking for a good steak! We could have dealt with the medium, rare and medium rare if the meat had been tender. It was far from it. We won't be going back there. The waiter was pleasant but not very attentive. Bring back Vic & Anthony's or Angelo & Maxies!!
- Real dealSjgoferDined on 8/9/2014Friendy and efficient waitstaff,waiter said the steak was the best in the world, I believe he was correct,mouthwatering tender,and delicious ,if your in NYC it's a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonGVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my second visit. I found the staff to be friendly and attentive. My wife felt the grilled Chilean Sea Bass was a bit overcooked, but our steaks--a filet with fromage on the side and a steak fromage--were very good. We ordered medium, and the server asked us to check when they were first brought to table. Both had to be sent back as they were "rare" not "medium." Sides were "ok" at best. Lump lobster cocktail appetizer was very good, house cabernet was quite adequate, and liquor ice cream desert was tasty and generous quantity. I will be back.
- Utterly disappointedJulesDined on 8/8/2014The food was good (not great like the previous times I dined at Sparks). The service was woefully terrible - never experienced such uninterested table service. You get better manners at a hotdog stall. I don't write this lightly (never been moved to write a review before, actually) as I'm lucky enough to travel and eat out a lot all over the world and until this visit I boasted to family and friends how Sparks is one of the top 3 steak restaurants I know. It is no longer. Given the prices, relatively mediocre at best now. A real shame given it's history and the (classic) atmosphere. Our visit concluded a family holiday in USA. We will return to USA and NYC, but I shan't be visiting Sparks again and cannot recommend it to anyone anymore.
- High Steaks GambleTravelingDinerDined on 8/6/2014This place is known for its steaks. Unfortunately, that was its weakest point. I know others have had a good experience, but mine was not. I had to cut the fat off of my filet mignon -yes, I said fat- . The lobster was over-cooked dry and tough. When I notified the wait staff, they told me they would notify the manager. 15 minutes go by, no one comes to the table. When I inquired as to the location of the manager, I was told that 2 managers were notified, but the waiter did not know where they were. I sat at my table (which had been cleared) for several minutes waiting for some kind of bill. No one came, so I got up to leave, then presto a waiter I had never seen said your bill...$126+ for poor food.
- Too much of a good thing.ItzaboutzfoodDined on 8/6/2014The steak and hash browns and veggie sides and wine were delicious. The quantities served, although the same as they have ever been, just defy human consumption.Special Features: