Sparks Steak House
210 East 46th St.
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Sparks Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sparkssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2126874855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: From Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Desai 8883389774
- Special Events: Make Your event an exceptional dinning experience by reserving one of our Private Rooms. We specialize in Banquets for any occasion: Corporate events, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsals, weddings, engagements, and bachelor parties or simple get together with accommodations raging from 4 guests all the way up to 600 guests. To Book a party please click here or call our Banquet Manager at (212) 687-4806
A word from Sparks Steak House
Sparks Steak House was opened in 1966 by Michael and Pasquale Cetta, hence the logo 'Cetta Brothers Steak Masters'. The restaurant is still a family owned and operated business and is located in midtown Manhattan, a five minute walk from Grand Central Station and The United Nations.Continued
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
The restaurant is well known for excellent steaks, seafood, fresh vegetables and satisfying salads. And of course, the huge wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sparks Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)notable wine list (88)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (40)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Can't even get the steak rightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014The trouble started from the moment we sat down. Our waiter acted as if we were inconveniencing him by sitting at his table. He was slow to take our order, didn't write it down and then sent another wait staff to confirm the temperatures on our steaks. Unfortunately, she didn't confirm that one if our orders was for a filet, not the strip that ultimately showed up. After waiting 10 minutes for our original waiter to check on us, I informed him of the issue and he blamed it on us for not confirming with the other server. Twenty minutes later, my filet came out, but the sides were cold and my companion had finished eating. Needless to say, he made no attempt to make it right. No offer for dessert and no offer for an adjustment to the bill.
- Great service. Mediocre steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Steak burnt exterior with minimal flavor for premium price
- for a special night outNYCJeanVIPDined on 8/29/2014As usual, the service and the food was fantastic. This is not the first time we have dined there, but it surely won't be the last. The steak was done just right and when we asked to share two orders for the three of us, the waiter offered to have the steaks cut up, which we appreciated. Ended taking home the left overs and enjoyed two more meals. Just as delicious cold the next morning.Special Features:
- Class Act!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014First visit to Sparks and it will be at the top of my list for future dining in NYC. The service and atmosphere were excellent. Attentive waiter without hovering and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Old New York charmItssortoftastyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent sirloin steak! The waiter was gracious and attentive. Very large portions....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Service was terrible. The messed up the order. Two people Ordered medium came out well done. Waiters had no idea which plate belonged to which person. Food was average at best. Service was terrrible.
- Classic Superb SteakhouseesfoadDined on 8/23/2014This is our second visit to Sparks. The first time, the food was wonderful so we decided to return for my wife's birthday. She is a lobster fan so the huge lobsters they serve were the perfect complement for her day. As before, the food was great and, bonus, the wait staff even de-shells the lobster for you! They have one of the more complete wine lists as well. Altogether, a great experience!Special Features:
- Awesome SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The steaks were awesome from start to finish. That was what I wanted, and I was fully satisfied. Definitely expensive, so leave the budget at home. The waiter was friendly and attentive. Drinks were well served and the portions great. Everything you expect from a high-end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentluvmsteakDined on 8/21/2014We have been visiting Sparks for over 25 years, and find it still true to form. The steaks are the best in NYC, and the oysters are perfect. They have an amazing wine list. We will be back, soon.Special Features:
- Best Steak in NY CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014Sparks has always been the best steakhouse in NY City. They have the best selection of steaks, salads and sides. The Servers are always accommodating to your every need. Sparks is always consistent in preparing your dinner to your specifications.Special Features:
- Favorite Steakhouse in NYCPersistent1Dined on 8/21/2014Great steak and ambiance. Unfortunately, for the first time, my sirloin steak was extremely tough. Obviously just a bad cow because the overall taste was still excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat PlugOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Everything is great. Old school Steakhouse. Sides. Apps. Everything is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!!RobertDined on 8/19/2014I hadn't been to Spark's in a while. I didn't remember how limited the steak menu was. We had a number of women who would have like to order smaller steaks, but there was no option for , lets say a petite filet mignon. We had some really good wine. Every one loved their steaks. Service was OK at best. Our waiter seemed to be absent more than there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Great steaks, seafood and attractively priced wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparks lost its spark. Sad.CranevorDined on 8/15/2014Not anymore unfortunately. It can be OK for an averaged positioning place - not for the level of brand and pricing of sparks.
- Amazing Steak DinnerRyanTVDined on 8/15/2014I took my wife to Sparks for her birthday. This is definitely not the kind of place you would go without an special occasion or a corporate expense account. Everything is served À la carte and everything is extremely pricey. Think $50 for a steak, $10 for a side, $15 for a drink. That said, the food was fantastic. The Filet was HUGE and the char on it was incredible. I did have to send both of our steaks back because they were very rare in the center and we wanted them medium, but it was handled quickly and the steaks came back out perfectly cooked. The sides were good but it would be nice to see a little more creativity in that department & charging $10 for a side of sauteed onions is insulting. Overall, it was a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown26Dined on 8/15/20145 of us were celebrating our 50th Birthday. I am one of the diners that was with Pat. The person that greeted us seemed surprised that we were going to dine there. The Host wasn't rude or unfriendly he just seemed uninterested ( got there for 4:30pm reservation). The waiter I believe his name is Huseff is the only person that made our dining experience a good one. He smiled and laughed with us. 3 out of 5 of us enjoyed their meal. I was not use to the sauce that the steak was prepared in. I asked for a medium well steak. It was medium well in the middle but well done on the ends.
- Not like the old days but.....Ieat4uDined on 8/12/2014Not like the old days but worth the visit Best seats in the house are in the barSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphere, quality serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Sirloin, service, atmosphere was excellent. I made a reservation for one, then two buddies decided to join me; the staff didn't make a fuss and welcomed the extra company. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!PegWVIPDined on 8/11/2014We three ordered the Filet Mignon, medium rare. They arrived at the same time. One was medium, one rare and finally, one medium rare. The quality of the beef was very disappointing. The filet was hard to cut even with their steak knives. The potatoes and sauteed onions were very good but we were looking for a good steak! We could have dealt with the medium, rare and medium rare if the meat had been tender. It was far from it. We won't be going back there. The waiter was pleasant but not very attentive. Bring back Vic & Anthony's or Angelo & Maxies!!
- Real dealSjgoferDined on 8/9/2014Friendy and efficient waitstaff,waiter said the steak was the best in the world, I believe he was correct,mouthwatering tender,and delicious ,if your in NYC it's a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonGVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my second visit. I found the staff to be friendly and attentive. My wife felt the grilled Chilean Sea Bass was a bit overcooked, but our steaks--a filet with fromage on the side and a steak fromage--were very good. We ordered medium, and the server asked us to check when they were first brought to table. Both had to be sent back as they were "rare" not "medium." Sides were "ok" at best. Lump lobster cocktail appetizer was very good, house cabernet was quite adequate, and liquor ice cream desert was tasty and generous quantity. I will be back.
- Utterly disappointedJulesDined on 8/8/2014The food was good (not great like the previous times I dined at Sparks). The service was woefully terrible - never experienced such uninterested table service. You get better manners at a hotdog stall. I don't write this lightly (never been moved to write a review before, actually) as I'm lucky enough to travel and eat out a lot all over the world and until this visit I boasted to family and friends how Sparks is one of the top 3 steak restaurants I know. It is no longer. Given the prices, relatively mediocre at best now. A real shame given it's history and the (classic) atmosphere. Our visit concluded a family holiday in USA. We will return to USA and NYC, but I shan't be visiting Sparks again and cannot recommend it to anyone anymore.
- High Steaks GambleTravelingDinerDined on 8/6/2014This place is known for its steaks. Unfortunately, that was its weakest point. I know others have had a good experience, but mine was not. I had to cut the fat off of my filet mignon -yes, I said fat- . The lobster was over-cooked dry and tough. When I notified the wait staff, they told me they would notify the manager. 15 minutes go by, no one comes to the table. When I inquired as to the location of the manager, I was told that 2 managers were notified, but the waiter did not know where they were. I sat at my table (which had been cleared) for several minutes waiting for some kind of bill. No one came, so I got up to leave, then presto a waiter I had never seen said your bill...$126+ for poor food.
- Too much of a good thing.ItzaboutzfoodDined on 8/6/2014The steak and hash browns and veggie sides and wine were delicious. The quantities served, although the same as they have ever been, just defy human consumption.Special Features:
- Sparks is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Strip steak is off the charts. The atmosphere and food are unlike most of the national steak chains. Sparks is fantastic. We had party of 12 they took fantastic care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I visited from North Carolina and loved the quality of service and food. The bartenders were super helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and hope to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+LAOMJODined on 8/2/2014Our evening at Sparks was exceptional in EVERY way! The food, the wine, and the service was perfect. We are still talking about it in glowing terms. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect NYC steakhouse experiencejntNYCDined on 7/31/2014We were not only looking for a great steak, but also that old school authentic NYC steakhouse experience. We definitely got both, and it's safe to say we'll be back. Amazing steak and phenomenal service by Youssef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old New YorkHonestDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Whenever I'm in New York and around Midtown East, I make it a point to dine at Sparks. It has a "Old New York" charm, good martinis, and absolutely honest, juicy, tender steaks. It's not cheap, but neither it is extravagantly expensive, and you can't help but feel you're in a 1920s movie. You almost wish all turned black and wide. Give it a try, you will be happy.Special Features:
- a little above mediocreMickeyDined on 7/26/2014Sparks had great ambience, but the waiters weren't very pleased to serve my group. We had the creamed spinach and it was a bit too watery. The lump with crabmeat was very tasty. The bufala with mozarella was very fresh. The sirloin was not the greatest I've had, since it was fairly dry and tasteless. The lamb chops was the only extraordinary entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service!JPAZDined on 7/26/2014We went here for our 16th anniversary dinner. Everything was perfect! Large portions could easily split any menu item. Highly recommend this family owned establishment. Only one thing missing...background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparks ReviewSparty98Dined on 7/25/2014Sparks was a great place for dinner. Great wine list. Food and atmosphere were outstanding! Cannot wait for a return visit.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse ever!SteakLoversDined on 7/19/2014We love Sparks Steakhouse! It's the best ambience and food experience! We love it and will return again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparks Steak Hosuse Review 7.19.14stevegannsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Sparks Steak House food is excellent. One of the best steaks in Manhattan. There were eight of us dining there on Saturday at 6PM after a matinee. The waiter while efficient was a bit put off, I don't know if he was having a bad day or it was because we did not order any alcohol and immediately felt this table of eight was not going to be worth his time. I am not a mind reader and I don't care to be. But when he asked us if we wanted drinks or wine and we said no, his attitude became cold, not hostile, but cold. Food was good enough to make up for this and we softened him a little with all of our kindness (thank you's). Unless this was an anomaly, I suggest he find another endeavor. He seemed to be near retirement anyway.Special Features:
- You're not Peter Luger silly !SMWCVIPDined on 7/16/2014Got the usual warm fuzzy greeting - not ! Maitre 'd's attire is a 1980's throwback tux & tie w/ an attitude to match. I had a reservation was asked my name twice my the wanna be snob & immediately seated . The pretentiousness is laughable as we sit in the half empty dining room @ prime time (7pm) but the rest of the evening went smoothly . Had drinks , the hot scampi/clams app- ultra small but we prepared. Standard caesar salad. The prime sirloin was teriffic. Well cooked. Cream spinach better than average. Shared the lamb chops also which were above board. There are far greater steakhouses here. The attitude just kills the place.
- I had not been to Sparks in manyMickeyGShepDined on 7/15/2014years. Amazingly, it is still the best steak restaurant in New York City. I have never been disappointed there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!GatorDiningVIPDined on 7/15/2014Went on a work lunch. The portions were HUGE and the steak was very tender. Highly recommend the steak scaloppineSpecial Features:
- Excellent all aroundPianoChickDined on 7/14/2014The house Cabernet was the best I've ever had, and I live in wine country, CA. Service impeccable, food incredible. Would definitely return. 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Sparks steakhouse is awesomeJbelloottiiDined on 7/12/2014Best food in years, service. Better than the Palm and some othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.