500 ROUTE 340
Sparkhill, NY 10976Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sparkillsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8453983300
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sparkill Steakhouse
Great for family dining, the dinning room and bar are lightly lit giving a calming mellow atmosphere. Great food and affordable quality wines. Sparkill Steakhouse offers great quality and services to our customers we believe like any good business its about building relationships. Let our staff show you exceptional service while you dine. Why not stop by, and give us a chance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sparkill Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Sparkill ›
Sparkill Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (17)romantic (14)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FantasticJRMetDined on 8/21/2014Took the family for a night out! It was a special occasion and the service, food and ambience was fantastic! We were not disappointed. The waiters were very attentive. Impressed with the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsgoodeatsDined on 8/9/2014Excellent steakhouse without having to cross a bridge. Accommodating, friendly and warm waitstaff . We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will come back. On the level of Benjamin's in Westchester.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014the food was good the service left something to be desiredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014New York steakhouse without the trek to the city. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerla34theresaDined on 7/10/2014The steaks were fantastic - cooked to perfection and extremely flavorable. Lobster tails were chewy. I would definitely go back for lunch & dinner for the steaks. Servcie was great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner Ever!MaggieDined on 7/6/2014The restaurant is beautiful. Our waiter Kenny could not have been more attentive. The food was wonderful and they were very sweet to our daughter. Kenny was very knowledgeable about the various cuts of steak and the menu. His recommendations were "right on the money". The steak, cooked to perfection, practically melted in our mouths. The chocolate cheesecake (brought with a candle by a singing waiter) was heavenly too.Special Features:
- LOVE Sparkill SteakhouseChristineDined on 7/5/2014Love that there is an incredible steakhouse in Rockland, and I no longer have to travel to NJ or Manhattan for a top notch dining experience with a trendy atmosphere. We come here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hokegerDined on 7/1/2014Solid steak house. Meals were well prepared, service was very good, wine was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Decent mealMLSMDDined on 6/28/2014Thought the food was pretty good. The accustics were not great. Pretty loud inside (could use some sound treatments). Waiters were very nice and helpful. Could've used more water - they were not that great at refilling waters. Saw a few other reviews about not getting water LOL. Guess they can't get it right. It's a decent local steak house. I'll probably go backSpecial Features:
- Memorable food &service at Sparkillcookie17VIPDined on 6/26/2014We first went to Sparkill for a friend's special event and had never even heard of it before. The food was so delicious we were talking about it on our way home. We decided to go back for a family dinner & the food did not disappoint. The portions are very generous and the food was as good as we remembered. Sharing is a good idea, because there was a lot leftover. The service was excellent; we had 3 servers attending to our table alone. The manager/owner (?) addressed us a few times to see if we were satisfied. It's a pretty and new looking restaurant. I would recommend for a good steak and family sized sides. We loved the seasoned sirloin & broccoli with garlic. The onion rings, fries were good too. We were too full to try dessert!Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerWillVIPDined on 6/15/2014Last minute choice for Father's Day. Was surprised by the prices. Menu was not available online. Food was good, but the prices were more suited to NYC steakhouses. My ribeye was not the best ever and $42 was a bit high with no sides. Everything was a la carte. For these prices I would expect a bit more ambience, it just wasn't there for me. The service was good, the staff very pleasant, but there weren't that many tables occupied so I don't know how it would be with a full house, and that applies to the noise level also. Probably wouldn't recommend this restaurant because of the prices.Special Features:
- Rockland County's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/8/2014For our anniversary my wife wanted to try a new restaurant so I came across The Sparkill Steakhouse. It's new to the county and she wanted to try it. Not expecting much BOY WE WERE SUPRISED!!! The menu was vast. Great dry aged beef. Many fish choices. Large sides and great deserts. Beatifull decour. The staff was great. Our server Lenny was funny helpfull attentive and there when needed. Also when our wine glass was empty someone was always near to refill. We stopped by to talk to Carlo the owner and he told us that he was originally from Sparks in NYC. He learned well from this because this restaurant is as good as any steakhouse in NYC. Great FOOD Great STAFF and Great DINNER Welcome to a new star resturant in the countySpecial Features:
- Just "OK"Haskell28Dined on 6/7/2014went on a Sat night and the place was empty - we were surprised by that. We were a party of 4 - one a non-meat eater, so she got a Caesar salad which was really good. The other 3 of us shared "steak for 3" and it was literally "just OK" - ordered it medium rare and it came out rare. Chewy, nothing like you'd get at Luger's or Ruth's Chris.
- NYC Quality Steakhouse in SparkillPiermontFranDined on 6/7/2014LOVELY SETTING AND AMBIANCE. GREAT SERVICE. GREAT STEAK. THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite GoodPickyFoodie1Dined on 6/6/2014The prices are high for a "neighborhood" restaurant. Food was quite good, however not excellent. Steaks were good but Peter Luger's are better. Level of the food not quite up to the prices charged.Special Features:
- Great steakCarlosDined on 5/27/2014We had a reservation for 7 30 we didn't wait they gave us a great table steaks were amazing service was great friendly staff !! Can't wait to go back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience.Anniversary19Dined on 5/23/2014My husband and I dined at this fabulous restaurant for our anniversary. From the moment we entered the door there was someone to greet us and there was no waiting to be seated. Reservations are recommended. The wine list was superb, in fact I think I have a new favorite, the Duckhorn 2012 Decoy Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon. From appetizers like crab cakes to entrees such as filet Mignon, tender and cooked to perfection, I highly recommend the Sparkhill Steakhouse. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner and service...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 5/22/2014We had an excellent dinner at the Sparkill Steakhouse. The service was excellent at the bar and our table. Food was terrific. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip AAA'sGreatDiningDined on 5/13/2014Ambience, Attentive, Appealing. The décor is simple but elegant, makes you feel right at home. The wait staff are professional, knowledgeable, and offer their services with a smile. They will pretty much do anything to ensure your evening is what you intended it to be. The owner ??/Manager stopped by to insure everything was to our liking. The menu is diverse and the steaks we enjoyed were cooked to perfection. It is "pricey" but the quality of the food served is excellent. A great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!CarroodiesDined on 5/11/2014We've never been to the Sparkill Steakhouse before. What a nice surprise to find another option to The River Palm or Capitol Grille. We were seated immediately. The service was great and the food was too. A bit on the salty side, would be my only comment. We ordered the bacon, Steak for 4 (We should have ordered Steak for 3 but that's ok) Hash Browns, Steak Fries and Creamed Spinach. Dessert the Chocolate Mouse Cake. All delicious. It was competitive in price to most other steak places. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day!KippyDined on 5/11/2014Overall, the experience was nice. The ribeye was AMAZING, but the calamari was chewy and no flavor. The staff was very responsive, the prices were over the top for us, therefore, we will rethink going again, due to pricing. Ala carte, no good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MountieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was ok, so I thought it was overpriced. Nice BarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darn good steakmeatloverDined on 5/10/2014This hidden gem is great for steak and lobster but they also have some wonderful lamb, chicken, etc. The Caesar salad is the best I've had - and I've had a lot. The sides are delicious and generous, as are the soups. This has become one of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is amazing, service is notmrk84Dined on 5/3/2014This was our first meal at sparkhill steakhouse, and we had high hopes knowing the owners previous connection to our favorite NYC steakhouse.The food did not disappoint! The steaks are amazing!! And there is a reason why bacon is an appetizer -definitely order it! The restaurant is a little loud but still comfortable,and it did smell like a cigarbar when we first walked in, but not in the actual dining area. My only complaint is with the service. We were a party of 2, and it seemed our server spent more time with his table of 5. Service also seemed unorganized where more than one person would approach our table, ask if I wanted another glass of wine but never came back with said glass. Regardless,the steaks will keep us coming back!Special Features:
- A real steak house in RocklandbettyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Always enjoy it Friendly staff and great steaks We go there frequentlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Sparkill Steakhouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Food was delicious and service was great. A little expensive but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scorpioDined on 4/24/2014Good service with gracious host. Steak cooked to perfection. Try it you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent- NYC steakhouse in rocklaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Finally Rockland County has a steak house. Ambience, decor, staff and attention to detail are all impeccable. Food amazing-we had the steak which was just perfect. Great wine list with affordable prices. Would highly recommend. We will be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very good. SteaksMaggieDined on 2/25/2014Service was very good. Steaks were delicious as well as the appetizers. Nice drinks. Will go again & highly reccomended!Special Features:
- The steaks were very good,JoanDined on 2/16/2014The steaks were very good, unfortunately I had to send mine back because it was not Medium as requested but good just the same, not outstanding like I would have hoped. It was also on the expensive side with nothing included, everything extra even a saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceBadserviceDined on 2/14/2014The food was great ...but for spending 250 for dinner and get poor service ..that's not worth it. This place will not last if they don't fix the people that work there.. Starting with the floor manager to the women who greeted us. As for the bartender who act if he is deaf when try to get to order wines ... That just a bad 1st impression . It's really to bad...because the food was very good. ( the porterhouse for two is worth trying this place...maybe you will get lucky and they will have trained the staff by time you go or got new ones
- DisappointingtiffkapVIPDined on 2/14/2014Parking lot was too full to get a spot. I ordered a fillet mignon which was beyond fatty with a massive vein running through it; never had that before with a steakhouse priced fillet..... creamed spinach WAY to salty. My husband's sirloin (have no idea why they would put a sirloin on the menu instead of a NY strip steak) was VERY fatty and clearly a cheaper, inferior quality meat. The best thing about the place is a nice wine list that was very reasonably priced. After that, it went downhill fast. Nice waiters.
- Horrible service, average foodChrisDined on 2/14/2014Although we had reservations, we waited 10 minutes for a table near the bar. The room was very loud and cold. Several diners wore coats throughout the meal. My wife ordered lobster bisque, only to be told 15 minutes later that they ran out and she had to have caesar salad instead. The waiter did not come by once to ask how the food was or if we needed anything. Our water was not refilled once and we were not offered another drink. My wife's chilean sea bass was bland. My ribeye was ok, but had more fat than meat. When the bill came, we were charged for an extra wine and for the bisque instead of the salad (the bisque was more expensive). The waiter actually tried telling us that we were wrong. For a $200 meal, I expect MUCH better service.Special Features:
- Treasure, always a pleasure.HappykamperDined on 2/8/2014What an excellent restaurant to treat my friends with after a day of backbreaking home improvement! They have been here before and continue to sing the praises of the excellent food, wine. and service. Steakhouse is appropriately masculine, but always welcoming for all. They were very pleased with the table chosen for them and the great service. They are very pleased with the wine list, they can always find a favorite. They will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Good and the So SoavatarDined on 2/7/2014The redecoration is nice. I was hoping for better food. Our table of 4 shared 3 appetizers, all good. The wine list is good with quite a few nice selections for not stupid prices. We picked a highly rated Brunello for around $100 and it was delicious. Three Steaks ordered... Rib Eye, yummy. Filet, yummy. Strip, not great... (why cut the steak prior to serving? I don't care what you say, it dries out the meat. You gave me a nice steak knife to use, let me use it.). It was very dry. NOTE: The owner said "this is how we do it"... when asked why they cut the steak and not "is there something wrong and how can we make it right?" Our fourth had a 3# lobster...mushy. Tasty but not really acceptable. May give it another try, love steak.Special Features:
- A disapointmentbeaches72Dined on 2/1/2014The food as reviewed by others indicated that the fare was a good as the river palm. We were excited to have that type of restaurant in Rockland County. The salad was good, however after that the main course, I had the rib eye and my wife had surf and turf was unacceptable for the price that was charged. The ribeye had no taste, was chewy and laced with fat to the point that I could not get a fat free piece of meat. My wife's lobster tail was mushy and she never bothered to consume it. The baked potato was over cooked to the point that the skin was hard. Dessert was fine. When you go to a steakhouse you want the main course to be outstanding not fair to poor especially when you are paying 100 dollars a person. The service was excellent.
- special evening in the neighborhoodstevegDined on 1/25/2014Excellent steak and service was great. Our last try at this venue was unsuccessful but this new ownership has figured it out.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedHdsnboatDined on 1/10/2014This restaurant is new in the Rockland county area and I truly wasn't expecting much. Went for dinner with my husband. We had a nice cozy table. We had a nice iceberg salad, crab cocktail and each had steaks. Everything was prepared perfectly. The staff was very nice. The waiter and bus staff were very attentive. The owner gave us a tour if the wine cellar and the banquet room. If I were having a party I would consider this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why travel to NYC for steak?BellaItalianVIPDined on 1/10/2014If you love places like Lugers this place has the same recipes except for one thing, The staff here go out of their way to serve you. This was our 2nd time at this restaurant and it was just as good this time as the last. The staff made our friends birthday so special and brought out a huge piece of yummy tarimasu big enough for all with a birthday candle. The steaks are amazing, the iceberg wedge w blue cheese and the most unbelievable bacon I've ever had should not be missed. The place is beautiful with comfortable high back chairs. In the winter ask for a table by the fireplace. A must go to if you're craving a fine dry aged steak, worth every $ what you'll spend here you'll still save on gas, parking, aggravation of traffic in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food immensely.TomAVIPDined on 1/8/2014We enjoyed the food immensely. The individual bacon slices were unbelievable. The steaks and service reminded me of mid-town Manhattan. what a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.