Spark Woodfire Grill - Studio City
11801 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Spark Woodfire Grill - Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sparkwoodfiregrill.com/
- Phone: 8186238883
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday from 8:30am-2:30pm
Lunch from 11:30am-3:00pm (Mon-Fri) and 12:00pm-4:00pm (Sat & Sun)
Dinner 7 nights a week starting at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Laura Sladicka for catering events
- Private Party Facilities: Private wine room seats 50 or up to 70 for a cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Sladicka 8186238883
- Special Events: Please contact Laura Sladicka for private events firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Spark Woodfire Grill - Studio City
The original Spark Woodfire Grill is located in a chic 2-story building just east of Laurel Canyon. The restaurant features a full bar and patio seating. The specialties of the chef include several types of mesquite grilled fish and prime steaks, as well as Spark's famous baby back ribs, Lasagna de Mauro, and thin crust roman style pizza. A private wine room is available for seating to the public as well as for special private events. An extensive wine list is also featured.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spark Woodfire Grill - Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Horrible ExperienceBadserviceDined on 7/18/2014One of the worst experiences I've ever had. After being seated at a table with a pitcher of water half full and a dirty glasses with lipstick on them we waited for 20minutes never being acknowledged. We tried to get the waiters attention but he continued ignoring us and serving the same tables pretending we weren't even there. Extremely disappointed that I was trying to take my girlfriend in a romantic date and this was the first time either of us had been there. I can't say enough about how much I hated my experience and will never waste my time with this place again. We finally had to get up and walk out.
- MY FAVORITE LA RESTAURANTFood4LoveDined on 7/17/2014So sad this Studio City gem is closing. Check out Spark Woodfire Grill in Huntington Beach - same restaurant, different location. BEST FOOD IN LA!Special Features:
- waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014The food was good and I have been here before and sat at the bar. The service was really good at the bar, however, the second time I went there and sat out on the patio it was horrible. The waiter rarely came by and it took over an hour to get out entrée.Special Features:
- DeglickVIPDined on 7/14/2014Love this restaurant! Food was great and tvs service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but busy streetNTrav25VIPDined on 7/14/2014We tried to sit outside at the patio because we love the huge patio at their Huntington Beach location but this on is right on Ventura Blvd with lots of car traffic and metro busses. But the food remains the same which is excellent and they have a lot of good wines by the glass so everyone can get what they want. Service is very good and friendly.Special Features:
- As of the 20th of JulyStuartVIPDined on 7/14/2014Sparks will be closing. It's really sad to see a great restaurant for moderate price to be closing. Management is claiming that they're going to be remodeling coming up with a new concept for the store. The management claims will be reopening within the next three months or so.Special Features:
- Fave placeJohnnaDined on 7/9/2014I was there for a work lunch, but I love it there so much I also kept my dinner reservation that same night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantCharbDined on 6/30/2014The food was delicious and our waitress was fun, charming and very knowledgeable of everything on the menu. Yes, it was loud but still fun. Would definitely go there again. They do have a small outdoor seating area too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise level unacceptableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I have never offered a negative review before. Useless!! but this place remains a mystery..... comes off as frantic...everyone from the Valet to the waiter was never smiling.....the noise level was the worst I can remember.. conversation at our own table almost impossible. Entertained favorite Nephew/wife and daughter....not one even said the food was even good. The waitress was good but was frustrated by the noise level. Ordered the special, lamb chops...came out of the kitchen as a "lean-poor" rack split 2chops/3/chops on a stack of what tasted like a pile of boxed potatoes. In a highly competitive market like Studio City how on earth this place stays open is a great mystery. Third and LAST VISIT
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Had never been to Spark for lunch. I liked the menu and the food was terrific. Will definitely return....Special Features:
- very nice staff......dineadozenVIPDined on 6/26/2014cheerful and helpful but the food was pretty awful.....
- always greatmagshapiroDined on 6/14/2014Always great. food, service, staff, atmosphere always pleasant and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingusedtoliveinthevalleyDined on 6/13/2014we used to come here all the time and loved it. great food, good wine list, great vibe. hadn't been there in a year or so and found the food to be uninspired, tired and in one case just plain bad. the calamari we had to send back and the replacement was no better-all dough and no fish. in almost 2 years it's basically the same menu only not as well done.
- Small But VibrantLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great American and Italian bistro; somewhat tight but still lots of light and very festive. Prices are a bit steep, but the pasta was wonderfully flavorful and the steak was cooked perfectly. Nice, stylish and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Noisy, Bad ParkingblobcatDined on 6/5/2014First off the food here is amazing. Everything we got was delicious and high quality. Also amazingly the prices were quite reasonable. However when we were there (weeknight dinner) it was super busy and LOUD. So loud that you had to yell across a small table to hear each other. Also the service was only ok. The wait staff couldn't here us very well and vice versa (due to volume level). Our waiter also seemed somewhat annoyed with us for some reason, but maybe that was just in our heads. Also the parking around this place is awful. No lot and we couldn't find street parking so we had to settle for their valet parking which wasn't terribly expensive, but still an extra cost we were not anticipating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 568 reviews are from the Spark Woodfire Grill - Studio City reviews archive.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We had dinner for a group of 8. Overall good service. The food was average, but pricey.Special Features:
- Sparks 15 years successGracieDined on 5/27/2014I have been in the neighborhood for 20 years. It will be 15 years Sparks has been serving our community. Always have enjoyed their terrific meals. I had the white fish stuffed with crab meat and brussels spouts on the side which give to meaning to them! TERRIFIC. We wanted to be outside and though they offer the patio seating, the Ventura Blvd. traffic at 630 - 7pm is pretty lively so if you don't mind that buzz, it is not an atmospheric special outside but I appreciate the option. Inside always clean and cool but the acoustics can be a bit on the louder side if full. Moderately to high priced (read the print carefully for wine "tastes" vs 'full glasses") including some good wines. Service- Friendly, professional & through. RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- Sidewalk Bistro DiningroxleeVIPDined on 5/27/2014Had a nice work lunch at Spark; however, busy street with a lot of traffic noise. A little difficult to carry on a conversation. Would suggest eating inside if you want to chat during your meal. However, food was reliably good and wait-staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPoorDined on 5/25/2014I have been here a number of times. I came with my family for a celebration dinner. The server was very nice, but, first, it took an inordinate amount of time to get drinks, and then dinner. At least 45 minutes after we arrived. Then, both fish dishes were extremely dry, and need to be sent back. It took so long that we only ordered one replacement. That took 20 minutes. Unfortunately, other than one steak dish, the other food was bland at best. The restaurant didn't live up to the cost, even for somewhere with more modest prices.
- Studio City GemLuvLordStanleyDined on 5/23/2014Spark was recommended by friends for a birthday party of 8. We specified "upstairs" on the reservation and it's what we got. It was perfect for us as we are not the quietest diners to grace a restaurants doors! Food was great and the service was extraordinary. 2 Gluten Free diners in our party and they found plenty to choose from on the menu. A perfect evening and birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - way too noisyNeetzieDined on 5/23/2014We liked the food, great service, but so noisy that most of our friends won't come with us to Spark. The tri tip was excellent, and nice mushroom tomato toping for the bread - something different then butter - nice touch.
- Used to be a favorite of mineGoldInkDined on 5/21/2014I've been going to Spark for years, and have always enjoyed the food there--I've even given a large party in their upstairs room. But I was very disappointed by my last experience, a 5-person get-together to celebrate a friend's birthday. The restaurant was so loud on a Wednesday evening, we had to scream to be heard. Service was mediocre at best--we had to ask three times for them to bring us bread. Food was so salty that two of our diners couldn't eat their entrees and when they tried to order roast chicken instead (a Spark specialty), the restaurant had run out by 7:30 pm. Those of us that did get chicken wound up sharing with the others who sent their other entrees back. I'll reconsider using Spark as a favorite on my dining list.
- family restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2014We really enjoyed the food at Spark...good choices, good prep. The restaurant provides high chairs, so if you go be prepared. There were three toddlers in the small dining room, noise, fussing, yelling. Very unpleasant for me, but great for young families.
- Hit or miss with entreesYxthorDined on 5/12/20146 of us came here for dinner. The appetizers were phenomenal - the burrata beet salad, calamari and crab cakes were to die for, and the ahi tuna tartar was ok. My husband and I ordered the yellowtail and lamb chops. The fish wasn't terribly fresh and the sauce bland so it didn't offset the fishiness. Lamb chops were drowned in a sweet syrupy sauce with figs. Our friend's lobster mac and cheese was tasty but so greasy the butter was separating as the dish cooled. Another friend's Sonoma chicken was delicious. The bottle of old vine Zin was good and very reasonably priced but I was disappointed with the entrees after enjoying such good appetizers.Special Features:
- Not a great experienceKissesDined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for lunch for 8 for mother's day. I requested outdoor seating if possible. When we arrived, I realized that their outdoor seating didn't have much cover from the blazing sun. We moved our tables as much as we could to keep part of our party from frying nder the hot LA sun. In the end we had to huddle inone corner of the table to save the people that were seated under the sun from collapsing from heat exhaustion. The food was ok. Nothing to rave about. The BBQ chicken pizza was realy dry. a few people tried the tuna tarta and said it was good and some like the burgers.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I've been going here for years and I'm so lucky it's in my neighborhood. Almost consistently good food and service. Occasionally a hiccup but all and all a good place for gathering or celebrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerbutterflydotDined on 5/10/2014excellent service and food presentation We ate upstairs in a quiet wine-cellar atmosphere. Just lovely. There was so many interesting items to choose from on their menu starting with the house salad mixed with fig and goat cheese. Very creative, filled with textures and ingredients I would never think would work so well. Glad we tried this establishmentSpecial Features:
- stilesVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food is always very good. Service this Saturday was extremely slow due to a party upstairs.Special Features:
- Service SucksorioleboyVIPDined on 5/6/2014We have dined at Spark in the past and usually are quite happy. However, this recent visit was disappointing. No matter how good the food is, bad service sours the experience every time. Our waiter was non-existent most of the night and wine and entree specials were not available.
- Poor management and serviceFoodieforsureVIPDined on 5/6/2014Use to love this place, great food and greater ambiance. But when I went there to celebrate my friend, while waiting for her, no one asked if I wanted anything. I finally had to find my waiter and order champagne. Immediately, my friend accidentally knocked over her champagne flute and we sat with broken glass all over our table for 5-10 minutes before we could find someone to clean it up even though the manager and our waiter had walked by the table. Finally when my friend asked for a fresh glass of champagne on the house the manager told her no, it's her fault her glass got caught in her silverware. Later, with an attitude he offered her the bottom shelf champagne, but it was too late. Our taste had soured on this place.
- Excellent DiningLuvFoodDined on 5/4/2014I always enjoy dining at Spark Woodfire Grill. The food is excellent. We and our dining friends have never had a bad meal there. Laura's awesome desserts are something you really do not want to miss. It is a great neighborhood gem!! I try to always have at least one meal at Spark when visiting LA area.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2014Spark has been in Studio City for 15 years and has kept a remarkable consistency in its food and service. As a Gluten Free (well Gluten Light) pescatarian my choices are limited but I will break my GF rule for their Fig-Goat Cheese Balsamic Pizza every now and then. Brunch dishes have polenta as a GF option to bread. Wish they had GF bread and pizza Crust. SIX, also in Studio City, makes their own and it's amazing.Special Features:
- Not as tasty as in the the past.PammysueDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I have dined here several times over the past few years and have always had very enjoyable meals, however this time was different. Both of our meals were very bland. We both had one of the specials, he the steak and me the fish. Hopefully this was a bad night for the kitchen and not a sign of things to come.Special Features:
- My favorite Studio City placeDivinedinerDined on 5/2/2014My favorite place for lunch or dinner is Studio City. Always assured of excellent food and service. Easy valet parking, quiet, interesting menu offerings, what relaxed dining should be. I have all my business meetings there and it's an ideal "halfway" place to meet friends from Pasadena as I'm near Encino.Special Features:
- Blown Away The First TimewolfemanVIPDined on 4/26/2014This was the first time I was at this restaurant and the place was just amazing. The menu has something for everyone and the food was prepared to perfection. One person in our party always has a reason to send his food back but we were all amaze as much as he was because he could not find anything wrong with his dinner. The vegetables are fantastic with the different ways they make each one. I had the string beans with hazelnuts which were outstanding and my girlfriend had the Brussels sprouts that were just as good. The service was just as good as the food. You never had to look for someone to replenish your classes for water or drinks and they did not rush you through the meal. We did not have desert because there was so much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it so divineFoodiefanDined on 4/25/2014The food is sublime from the tri-tip to the salmon. Perfectly prepared. Lamb chops are the best. Upstairs is lovely if you can get a seat there do. Downstairs is very nice just more casual though. The best most knowledgable wait staff in the valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceGuccaVIPDined on 4/25/2014Tasty food, good service small kids meal A little pricy for what you get.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/22/2014Always fabulous service and the food is tops! Love those lamb chops. Please bring back the bean soup!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was so soWindyDined on 4/20/2014We wanted to try and restaurant we had never been to before. Seeing that the restaurant won the Diner's Choice Award expectations were high. The food was just so so. The food was uneven in taste and preparation. Steak was salty and salad was drenched in dressing. A bit disappointing.
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCEAiboERS7VIPDined on 4/19/2014The food selection, the wine menu, the cocktails and dessert was just right. A reasonable selection to make a fine dining choice AND without breaking the budget. We have to admit that AMY is really the best server in all of Studio City- Ventura Blvd. She has the fair balance of managing tables, ensuring all dining guests are attended, personalized without being intrusive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.