Spago - Beverly Hills
176 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Spago - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3635
- Phone: 3103850880x
- Hours of Operation:
12 p.m. – 2:15 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Friday
(closed Sunday and Monday for lunch)
6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Monday - Friday
5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Saturday
5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Hefter / Wolfgang Puck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spago Special Events has built a reputation over the years as host for celebrated parties from 12 to 2,500. Please call Ana Alvarez at (310) 777-3711 to discuss your event needs. We will do everything possible to make your next entertaining experience a major success.
A word from Spago - Beverly Hills
Spago Beverly Hills, Wolfgang Puck's legendary, flagship restaurant, continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style, and is consistently recognized as the ultimate in fine dining. Spago presents a completely new menu and design. The master chef has re-invented the entire menu with his signature farm to table philosophy. Puck, along with Managing Partner and James Beard Award-winning Executive Chef Lee Hefter, creates imaginative seasonal menus showcasing the best of California’s produce and products. Spago's new design from Waldo Fernandez complements the food with its clean and simple aesthetic, incorporating natural elements to add an organic feel. Spago is the recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and received two stars in The Michelin Guide-Los Angeles edition, one of only three restaurants in the city to win this coveted distinction. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, the restaurant earned the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award, the publication's highest honors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Spago - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Spago - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (251)fit for foodies (215)romantic (156)notable wine list (152)great for outdoor dining (149)hot spot (122)great for lunch (74)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (66)vibrant bar scene (45)great for brunch (38)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- too stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014the place is beautiful, but the food is not really for me, I prefer more "real food" , the service is "too fuzzy" there are so many changes in the silverware, that it does not allow time to talk or enjoy the companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 course tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We tried the eight course with sommelier selected wines. Started off very small and ended a little heavy. Disappointed an ale was slipped in instead of a wine. Service was all very nice up until the end when it seemed we got forgotten. One request to the manager and all was better. They added an extra wine tasting and a box of small chocolates which actually might be what they give everyone. Check the California tasting menu as the details are too long to capture. If it is a special occasion let them know ahead of time and they seem to want to all come by and congratulateSpecial Features:
- Ok at best.KnowFood9Dined on 8/28/2014The waitress looked like the last thing she wanted was to be working there. The food was ok at best. Will not be backSpecial Features:
- Superior Dining ExperienceJoenJudithDined on 8/27/2014It is, I'm sure, not easy to live up to your fine reputation. Spago exceeded our expectations both for food and service. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestMychoiceDined on 8/27/2014Been looking forward to lunch at Spago & it was terrific. Food was exceptional as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awesome.UnhappyparkerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Still got it after all these years. Fab food, great ambience and a variety of seating areas. We were there for a Wednesday lunch and were welcomed by Wolfie himself! Who also spent time chatting up Sydney Poitier who was seated at the table next to us! Great experience except for the 1/2 hour wait even with a reservation. However, with a touch of class they did provide us with a glass of champagne on the house.Special Features:
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was superb; however, the timing was a bit off. The wine we'd ordered for dinner arrived while we were still drinking our cocktails, and then there was quite a long wait before our appetizers arrived. Overall, though, it was a wonderful (but very expensive) meal. It is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerMetrowestDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I have been big fans of Wolfgang for many years but this was our first trip to Spagos in Beverly Hills. It was a great dinner. The food was exceptional, service impeccable and the wine list.............endless. Everything came together as we hoped and the next time we are in LA, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindlouDined on 8/22/2014we enjoyed our meal. The food was prepared and presented well. We probably would have enjoyed more if we sat outside. The price for 6 oysters amongst other foods was astronomical; and this is not a place we would go to unless it was a very very special occasion. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- AmazingbobandkathyyaphanknyDined on 8/22/2014This was an anniversary celebration that couldn't have been better. We were on vacation from Long Island NY.Special Features:
- Spago is still L A best diningDouganandaVIPDined on 8/21/2014I hadn't been back to Chef Puck's empire flagship SPAGO in some years, since its most recent renovations. The new ambience is clean and charming and the most recent menu is a perfect evolution of Puck's famed California cuisine all grown up and internationally sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This. Is. The. Place.WineandvistasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Spago is about as close to perfection as it gets. The ambience places dinners in a uniquely quixotic setting that sets the stage for the ultimate dining experience. Each food course made our insides sing, and the wines recommended by our server (who was more like a sommelier) were perfection in pairing. We loved the vibe, and everything about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticsoozyQDined on 8/19/2014Was not really expecting it, as spoiled by living in Europe and frequenting great restaurants in Italy and France often. However, everything was perfect and the food was amazing. BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergy friendlyTrendyDiningDined on 8/19/2014I have a lot of different allergies, and the chef was more than willing to change up the dishes I ordered to accommodate me--without lacking any flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and STARS!Bc1981VIPDined on 8/19/2014Mr. Puck shook our hand and Patrick Stewart was at the table next to us for lunch. The food was great. It is expensive but worth the experience. Be sure to eat outside!
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Spago. The food and ambience were great and the service and attention to detail was exceptional. Loved the restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- flingfoodDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food - a la carte available easily, tasting menu available but not 'pushed'. The best 2* Michelin we have been to for awhile, could even come close to a 3*. Ambiance very different from other 2 and 3 *'s but very friendly and smartly informal. Highly recommended. I wanted abalone and they created a special for me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic LA lunchjisa1Dined on 8/16/2014Can't really get much more LA than this. Perfect atmosphere and food. Great place to bring out of town guests,Special Features:
- hollywood elite dines herejakeDined on 8/15/2014good food, not great, outstanding service, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Super!FedeandFedeDined on 8/14/2014Amazing dinner, awesome place, friendly staff. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect Meal!!NatashaDined on 8/14/2014Dined for my Brother's 25th Birthday, an although I put in the reservations notes it was a special occasion, we were seated at the worst possible spot in the restaurant. Aside from the seating, the meal and service was exquisite. We tried the 8 course California Tasting Menu with the wine pairing and were blown away with every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was delicious, but the portions were way too small for the amount we were paying. Everything else was great.Special Features:
- billchinVIPDined on 8/14/2014enjoyed the soft shell crab and corn soup. very good server who provided recommendationis for the meal.Special Features:
- Amazing food!RBMAVIPDined on 8/13/2014A perfect dining experience. Creative and innovative menu. My husband and I both ordered a fish dish that was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicRtookerDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful ambience, great service, and can’t miss the Salmon pizza for lunch! Just amazing.Special Features:
- Another great evening at SpagowesjennisonVIPDined on 8/11/2014Patio was perf and food as always stellar. Service was excellent and wine service was very very well done.Special Features:
- A landmark - and deservedly soeddiespaghettiVIPDined on 8/10/2014Spago is still a fantastic place - success has not spoiled it. It was absolutely superb. My only quibble is with the wine list: they need more selections for under $100.00, and they need to 'discover' California wines from places other than Napa and Sonoma.Special Features:
- Spago-TasticWagyuFanDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed fantastic meals with fantastic service provided by our server, Erika. The cocktail menu was excellent as well. My only compliant was that Keiffer & Donald Sutherland were there and they kept harassing me for a selfie, I was trying to enjoy my meal, not be smothered by a couple of A-listers. Next time try to contain yourselves guys.Special Features:
- ImpeccableHefStewartDined on 8/8/2014The food was fantastic, of course, but I was surprised by how friendly and accommodating the staff was. I really expected some snobbery and attitude but we were greeted by just the opposite. We waited about 15 minutes for our table, which is a very short wait for the LA area, and the hostesses were very apologetic. We were seated at a lovely booth with a view of the entire restaurant, which is absolutely beautiful, and the glass walled kitchen. Gorgeous! Our waiter was Jason and he and the rest of the wait staff couldn't have been more attentive and friendly. Jason had a great sense of humor and made our dinner even more enjoyable. The dishes were beautifully presented and large portions. Everything was exceptional. Go to Spago!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated & a bit disappointingPartyOfACEMDined on 8/7/2014Dined there for special family occasion. Was super excited to try this famous place. Menu items were of course pricey, but I was hoping that it would be worth the experience. Atmosphere was nice, but noisy. Lobster bisque with crab cake was very good. Spicy tuna hand roll cones were very tasty, but small portions. I ordered a "rack" of lamb, but really only got three tiny lamb chops which tasted good, but not worth the price. Veal schnitzel was quite plain (just fried, breaded meat with no sauce, just some cold veggies on side). It was like eating tonkatsu without any sauce. Had strawberry shortcake which consisted of a few tiny-looking cream puffs and a small portion of strawberries and cream. Highlight of evening was meeting Chef Puck!Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!samdim13Dined on 8/5/2014I dined with my family at Spago while visiting LA. From the service, to the food, it was a great experience. We were very lucky and honored to be there on a night that Wolf Gang Puck himself was there. He greeted us and let me take a picture with him in the kitchen. As for the food, I ordered the oysters, the smoked chicken breast and leg, and a melon granite dessert. Great oysters. I think the best chicken I've ever had with such a rich mushroom sauce that I wish I had the recipe for. The dessert was the most unique, refreshing, and flavorful dessert I have ever tasted! And finally, fabulous and friendly service. Wish I could eat here every night. Do not skip this one!!!! Probably the best meal I've ever had. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014The food was good but nothing particularly special. Service was good and a friendly waitress. Pricey for the quality of the food really, I have eaten better food elsewhere for less.Special Features:
- Discrimination against ageDinerDined on 8/2/2014I made a reservation here to treat my significant other out for her birthday. We got seated at the most busiest table. Anyone coming in or out bumped into us. I felt like this table was just put here for the sake of sticking a younger couple. Why did a few parties of two got a nice booth away from heavy traffic? Also, our server came to us 3 times. One to take our order, once to give us our check and once to take our check. I truly felt like being younger, the server tended to the more "affluent" tables more. I wouldn't come here if I couldn't afford it. Horrible service. Felt disrespected.Special Features:
- JamesBDined on 8/2/2014Spago's is one of LA's best restaurants. Elegant food and service. But many of the people who come to this restaurant, especially the men, dress like slobs. Really discourages you from going there for a special occasion. And they bring their whiny little kids. Go figure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, a Unique AtmosphereIsaacODined on 8/1/2014Second time visiting this restaurant and I am in love! Their taster menu is great and each course brings to the table a unique adventure on its own. Wolfgang Puck himself came out and greeted us! He was very amiable and told us stories of Japan. However, our waitress, while charming, could have been more attentive. It seemed we had to catch the eye of other waiters to ask for services.Special Features:
- An Epic NightbigrugbymikeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Everything about our evening was perfect. Great service, great food and a wine (2005 Galatrona) that is very difficult to find but was available at Spago. It was my birthday as well and Wolfgang Puck himself came by. Obviously reservations are recommended, and definitely worth it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Our server was a bit of a snooty jerk (I didn't say anything but my girlfriend and others said something about it later) and our jidori chicken came out completely dry. It was like a brick. The pastas were good and the halibut was done perfectly. Not sure I would have gotten the loup de mer had I known the fish would have such a gritty and mineraly taste (I've had it elsewhere). I've been to Melisse (many times), Cut, and other fine-dining establishments in LA. Never felt judged like I did at Spago.
- just perfectleo048Dined on 7/31/2014everything was super. The service, the food, the atmosphere...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The restaurant lives up to its expectations in terms of quality of food and service. My companion was somewhat disappointed in the scruffy dress of some of the other patrons. Given the reputation and prices, she expected a somewhat finer experience, but have dined in comparable settings in France, it appears we no longer have comparable fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of LA's BestTootsDined on 7/31/2014Spago is one of Los Angeles' finest restaurants. It is a real treat to dine at a lovely restaurant with excellent food, great service and you can visit hear people when they talk with you.Special Features: