Spago - Beverly Hills
176 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Spago - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3635
- Phone: 3103850880x
- Hours of Operation:
12 p.m. – 2:15 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Friday
(closed Sunday and Monday for lunch)
6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Monday - Friday
5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Saturday
5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Hefter / Wolfgang Puck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spago Special Events has built a reputation over the years as host for celebrated parties from 12 to 2,500. Please call Ana Alvarez at (310) 777-3711 to discuss your event needs. We will do everything possible to make your next entertaining experience a major success.
A word from Spago - Beverly Hills
Spago Beverly Hills, Wolfgang Puck's legendary, flagship restaurant, continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style, and is consistently recognized as the ultimate in fine dining. Spago presents a completely new menu and design. The master chef has re-invented the entire menu with his signature farm to table philosophy. Puck, along with Managing Partner and James Beard Award-winning Executive Chef Lee Hefter, creates imaginative seasonal menus showcasing the best of California’s produce and products. Spago's new design from Waldo Fernandez complements the food with its clean and simple aesthetic, incorporating natural elements to add an organic feel. Spago is the recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and received two stars in The Michelin Guide-Los Angeles edition, one of only three restaurants in the city to win this coveted distinction. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, the restaurant earned the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award, the publication's highest honors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Spago - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Spago - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (214)fit for foodies (176)notable wine list (131)romantic (123)great for outdoor dining (115)hot spot (109)great for lunch (60)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (23)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Reliable, excellent service. food consistent. Romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!JoelDined on 10/17/2014Our waitress was very professional she was a first class rating and gave her tip in cash decided not to charge the tip in the card because she deserve it right away. I already recommended Spago to my friends. Awesome place to unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to Los AngelespamelaVIPDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant was beautiful, the servers were pleasant and extremely respectful, and the food was fabulous! I look forward to dining at other Wolfgang Puck restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!AmyzDined on 10/14/2014I am from Florida and come to LA on business several times a year. I had always meant to go to Spago, but somehow I didn't get there until recently. It is a new favorite and I will be back! Every staff member was exceptional, from the pleasant hostess to our server who was extremely professional, but still let her personality show. The food is the real showstopper. I had the Gnocchi with Veal Ragu and it was so rich and comforting. Then I had the Prime New York Strip for my main...cooked to perfect medium rare and melted in my mouth! The potato/bacon side on the steak was impressive as well. Also, I couldn't say no to the fresh baked bread being passed tableside....classy and delish! I will be back as soon as I can!Special Features:
- bobbaiDined on 10/14/2014I would have loved to have had the Calf's Liver but alas, it wasn't available. The Hong Kong Grouper was however, superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucyLucyDined on 10/14/2014This was a special treat for 6 of us "girls" with awesome menu....each of us said our meals were more than supreme, relaxed, supreme service and topped off by a 'visit' by Wolfgang himself. What a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbchungclanVIPDined on 10/12/2014Loved everything at this modern temple of culinary arts. Don't miss the spicy tuna hand rolls, in their amazing miso-sesame wrapper. Venetian sepia with lobster stuffing was outstanding, as was the apple souffle for dessert. Every dish was beautifully made and presented. Service was formal and attentive without being standoffish or condescending. A great experience for a lot of money.Special Features:
- belincDined on 10/10/2014creative menu, but noise level is main room was a bit too loud. would have preferred somewhat quieter room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJDLDined on 10/10/2014Interesting menu. Butternut Squash Soup was Divine. Pumpkin Agnolotti was a Delightful Surprise. The Pommes Aligot was Killer. Each dish was constructed around a specific theme, taking you on a journey to a unique part of the world. Travis, our waiter, and company, provided the perfect balance of service; there when we needed him without hovering. This was a great way to celebrate 4 Birthdays at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just goodfoodieDined on 10/10/2014we were hoping for more but the food was just good, not very good For that price and ranking it should have been much better
- trendytrendster90210TrendyReviewerDined on 10/8/2014Ambiance is superb since they have remodeled. We saw several celebrities dining for lunch when we were there. the only problem was that i was there for a business lunch and the acoustics were not conducive to doing business and explaining strategy. It felt too loud.Special Features:
- SuperbBoyzoneDined on 10/6/2014This place deserves the good reputation it has. We had some superb food and would definitely recommend the lobster bisque and the short rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good, Not the Best EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very, very good. The place is beautiful and famous and the staff are extremely courteous. It is a thrill to be there. I did not care for the hazelnut dessert and I did not think the sauces were the best I had ever tasted, which, frankly, I had expected. We had to ask three times for a second soda. I guess I was slightly disappointed with the food, given the reputation and price. However, everyone should go once in their lives.Special Features:
- Wonderful, special evening!CenaDined on 10/4/2014We had an amazing evening. The food, service, and wine were spectacular! Thank you!Special Features:
- Disappointing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Disappointing dinning experience with a price tag of $300. Appetizers were ok, but nothing was outstanding. The entries were very mediocre. Ordered a $50 venison dish which was just a piece of fried battered meat, dry and bland. The other roasted chicken dish was also disappointing, packaged grill chicken at whole food can beat it.Special Features:
- Not recommended for anyoneAndPalsDined on 10/3/2014For a $200 lunch, I expect exceptional service and outstanding food. My food was tasty but unoriginal and uninspired while my guests' lunch was downright not good. Their tiny pieces of lobster were chewy and flavorless and one of the people in our party had to wait an extra 10 minutes for her food because our server had misinformed her about her sandwich so she had to send it back and have it remade. Service was painfully slow and filled with misinformation. I'll never return.
- used to be bettermana76Dined on 10/2/2014We arrived 20 Minutes early @ Spago. Therefore we had to wait in the bar area. No one asked about drinks for 5-6 Minutes, then we had to wait for the bar menu for some time too. Finally we ordered, our drinks needed 20 minutes to prepare - they were served at our table finally. The restaurant was fully booked, it was very loud with a sort of restless, stressy touch. The tables are set very narrow, the staff has troubles serving and getting around the tables not hitting a guest. Menu is very nice - very international, leaves no wishes open. Prizes are fair. Wine list detto. The food itself is really fantastic. All in all: Spago is (Wolfgang Puck's) business and chic, that's why it works with too little (partly unfriendly) staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food !BritsabroadDined on 9/30/2014This is the second time that we have been to this restaurant and we have been delighted with the food on both occasions. We go to this restaurant to celebrate special occasions as we do not live int the U.S.A. The restaurant is lovely and light which is great when you are eating. There is music in the background but it does not intrude so much that you cannot have a conversation with another person. We would definitely recommend this restaurant, and hopefully we will return soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was better last time!FoodieDined on 9/29/2014We recommended our friends this restaurant, the first time we were here was outstanding, this second time was average I won't come back, my wife's steak was cold and the flavor was ok!! Maybe we were too many and they were busySpecial Features:
- Great experienceKappaDined on 9/29/2014Excellent food and ambiance, however our waitress was slightly condescendingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentFooneumiDined on 9/28/2014We went to Spago because it was close to our Hotel. We were not terribly hungry so we decide to order appetizers. As soon as the waiter realized that our items were not going to be huge ticket items he became quite condescending;almost rude. His attitude was fairly transparent. We were not impressed.Special Features:
- Spectacular!luv2dineDined on 9/24/2014The service and presentation together with the delicious food was outstanding. The dinner menu was perfect - contained a variety of selections that would appeal to everyone's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This was our first visit to Spago, and we were truly impressed. The food was excellent, and the experience was most enjoyable. Wish we lived closer so we could visit often.Special Features:
- Great - As ExpectedAustrianPeteDined on 9/22/2014Everything was as expected. A good greeting at the car valet, a quick seating, and an attentive wait-staff. So what's left? The food and wine were wonderful. For round 1, we tried the bowtie pasta with shrimp and the sushi box. Both outstanding. For the main, we tried the yummy veal chop and the yummy fish special together with a yummy brussel sprout side. The dessert was OK but not as memorable.Special Features:
- Outstandingluv2eatDined on 9/21/2014The Service and Food are always outstanding The wait staff is some of the best they are always there when you need them but are not overbearingSpecial Features:
- Wolfgang never seems to disappointAngelicaBDined on 9/18/2014During this lunch, once again; Wolfgang made his rounds to the diners to say "hello" & "thank you" for coming. It seems like everytime I am here he has been there to say hello personally to his customers. A very busy man, indeed; but besides the hospitality, the food was delicious as always. I just had a salad for lunch this time, nothing fancy; & they were able to custom make my salad that was not on the menu but something to my liking. The service was impeccable as it always is here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must in LA!Martinus3Dined on 9/17/2014beautiful restaurant, cheerful and charming staff, excellent cuisine...... a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Wolfgang Puck is human scaleMensaFoodReviewVIPDined on 9/17/2014The renovated space is fresh and engaging to the mind. The lunchtime light warm and calming. And it is inevitably an interesting crowd gathered at lunch, reveling in Wolfgang's ability to bring together dishes that delight with sublime simplicity. If there is such a thing as world-famous-human-scale, then it is Wolfgang Puck, and he infuses this spirit in his lunchtime creations. While there are Paleo options, you'd be wise not to miss the bread. I had the gazpacho, which was diced into a luxurious texture - not too chunky, not to smooth; I like gazpacho to both slide on my tongue and delicately require my teeth. Next, Jidori Chicken, marinated to produce smoke flavor throughout the meat and mixed with umami mushrooms. Eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service!LuvdiningwellVIPDined on 9/16/2014Spago is always fantastic, and it's such an honor to meet Wolfgang puck every time- great personal touch. The food is amazing, especially those just in season white truffles, but it was my extraordinary waitress, Margarite, who is not only incredibly knowledgable of the entire menu but a thoughtful, charming soul. I try to make sure I'm in her section every time as she is somewhat of a perfectionist in dining which I wholehearted relate. Thanks for great food, service, and making me always feel welcome and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Over RateddarcyDined on 9/16/2014The Veal Tartare appetizer was great but when the Salmon arrived it ranged from medium to cold rare. Very poorly cooked. However, the bigger issue we had was with the service. Our server put the "wait" in waiter. I had to ask twice for someone to find our waiter, and that was just the times when we had someone to ask. Very pleasant guy, but clearly made us feel out little two person tourist table was not as important as the bigger, noisier tables over very important patrons. We were also surprised at how noisy it was. Not noisy, loud. We had to lean forward to hear each other.Special Features:
- Perfect as usual, well-done, Chef!JoannDined on 9/16/2014Absolutely perfect. We always look forward to lunch or dinner at Spago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why do you ruine a good night?RegularPatronVIPDined on 9/13/2014We pay the money to go out there, get good service, have a good time. But when you end up paying the top$ and on top of that come back home agonized, then might as well stay home and order in. Our reservation was at 8:45, but we ended up sitting around 9:40. Food was served at 11:00. Horrible, horrible experience. The most annoying fact is that, the servers and the managers think that is quite normal for a 5 star restaurant and if we want to eat there, that's a part of the deal. Save your money. Save your mood and find another place that values you as a customer.
- sandeeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything is top notch. Food and service incredibleSpecial Features:
- The perfect traditional restaurantfoodchowVIPDined on 9/13/2014Spago is as good as a traditional restaurant gets. It is innovative, cutting edge, meticulous -clearly a showcase for what it is possible for an upscale restaurant to be. We enjoy the charming patio where the conversation level is quieter. We have experienced the tasting menu which is wonderful and we have ordered off the menu which offers countless choices of contemporary food. The portions are sized so that while you will enjoy equisite tastes, you will not go away hungry. The wine list is extensive and the cocktail possibilities are impressive. We keep coming back for more and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billchinVIPDined on 9/13/2014i have had good servers there but this one was a bit aloof and inattentive.Special Features:
- Food always fabuloushatboxVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is always incredibly well presented and delicious. Usually the wait staff is beyond wonderful, so I would go with that. This time, our waiter lost interest halfway through our lunch, and I had to wave down people to get service. I think our originally good waiter got hung up on a demanding party, or just ignored us because we did not order lots of wine at lunch? Anyway, the second half of our meal was a series of waves to try to find our waiter. This is out of the norm, because usually the attention is exceptional. It was disappointing, because I was doing a special birthday lunch for a friend. The friend loved the food, but not the service, which was too bad. Also, staff confirmed then forgot candle on dessert. Boo hoo.Special Features:
- Excellent and OutstandingSpagoDined on 9/13/2014The epitome of the Los Angeles food experience. Wolfgang Puck is a genius and an icon. He is a true Los Angeles treasure. Long live Spago.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningWbarristerDined on 9/10/2014On a visit from the East Coast. Had a glass of wine in the bar as service hadn't started in the dining room. Entertaining and engaging bartender! Service from carrying our drinks into the dining room to bringing over a sommelier to help with the extensive wine list and narrow our choices by preference and cost was first class. The food was terrific! Especially enjoyed the filet mignonette tartare. Capped the evening with a visit from Chef Wolfgang Puck who greeted everyone and seemed to enjoy picture taking with his guests. Very reasonable cost considering the location and level of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aussie1Dined on 9/9/2014Excellent food, service and Ambiance. Took guest from Australia and she was very impressed. Johnny was the best!Special Features:
- Awful service , over cooked steakThetruthDined on 9/8/2014So much hype , so disappointing ; our starters were excellent ; main course steak was over cooked and dry (ordered medium ) ; the service was absolutely awful , we waited 15 minutes until we saw a waiter - than very long waits again to see him subsequently ; to cap it all drinks from another table were mysteriously "transferred in" on our bill - the waiter apologized and corrected this "error " but left a really bad taste. We will not be back.Special Features: