Spago - Beverly Hills
176 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Spago - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3635
- Phone: (310) 385-0880
- Hours of Operation:
12 p.m. – 2:15 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Friday
(closed Sunday and Monday for lunch)
6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Monday - Friday
5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Saturday
5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Hefter / Wolfgang Puck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spago Special Events has built a reputation over the years as host for celebrated parties from 12 to 2,500. Please call Ana Alvarez at (310) 777-3711 to discuss your event needs. We will do everything possible to make your next entertaining experience a major success.
A word from Spago - Beverly Hills
Spago Beverly Hills, Wolfgang Puck's legendary, flagship restaurant, continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style, and is consistently recognized as the ultimate in fine dining. Spago presents a completely new menu and design. The master chef has re-invented the entire menu with his signature farm to table philosophy. Puck, along with Managing Partner and James Beard Award-winning Executive Chef Lee Hefter, creates imaginative seasonal menus showcasing the best of California’s produce and products. Spago's new design from Waldo Fernandez complements the food with its clean and simple aesthetic, incorporating natural elements to add an organic feel. Spago is the recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and received two stars in The Michelin Guide-Los Angeles edition, one of only three restaurants in the city to win this coveted distinction. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, the restaurant earned the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award, the publication's highest honors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Spago - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Spago - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)fit for foodies (170)notable wine list (126)romantic (106)hot spot (105)great for outdoor dining (85)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (45)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (29)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Overall a good dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014High notes: Roasted Brussels sprouts and the veal tartar were to die for. Jidori chicken was excellent. Portion was large! Awesome service by our waiter. Glass window to kitchen to see all the action. Low notes: Turbot main entree and pasta appetizer needed more seasoning. Loud noise level for an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Ambiance. But Service Hit One Snag..Steve66VIPDined on 11/22/2014Amazing food, in a really beautiful dining room. Service was spot-on, with one small exception. Our sommelier was excellent, but some time after ordering our 2nd bottle, she disappeared, and we never got our wine to go with our 2nd course. Ends up she had injured herself going down some stairs. Felt bad for her, not her fault. However, it was up to her colleagues at that point to cover for her tables. Don't mean to sound cold-hearted, but a professional staff would not burden customers with the sommelier's unfortunate spill. They would have simply stepped in for her, seamlessly, such that the customers would never know what happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningSimonDined on 11/21/2014We went here for a very significant birthday celebration. It's pretty rare to go to a restaurant and leave saying that the restaurant never put a foot wrong - but that was indeed the case. Nice table in the center of the room, perfectly attentive but not exaggerated service, amazing food, good noise level, a nice dose of Beverly Hill glamour, extraordinary wine list. Don't miss Wolfgang's Beef Goulash with crispy spaetzle! It's a VERY pricey restaurant - but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang Never DisappointsHungryGeorgeVIPDined on 11/21/2014Spago is our go-to special events restaurant. We celebrated out 52nd wedding anniversary there most recently. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but service sufferedLukaDined on 11/18/2014The chef's tasting menu was a delight, however I was less than impressed with the service. We were left waiting a few times for wine pairings to arrive after the courses had been served, and sat around drumming our fingers for a long time at the end of the meal waiting for our server to check on us or just bring the bill. I've read other recent reviews online from some people complaining of the same thing. To sum up: the food is outstanding, but the service is not as attentive as one would expect from this type of establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minutes to finally get water.TobadDined on 11/17/2014We asked 4 times for water while our guest was choking. (recovering from throat surgery). It took 15 minutes to finally get waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendRboothe300Dined on 11/13/2014Very much in Wolfgang Pucke fashion, the atmosphere, food, and service were all great. Will definitely return on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO BAD!!alwaysdiningoutVIPDined on 11/10/2014We were 6 people and no one had a very good meal. $7 for a small ginger ale w/o refills. Food was shockingly poor and tasteless. We used to eat here very often, but now never again. Way toooo expensive for what you got.(or didn't get)
- Spago is Special!catmomVIPDined on 11/9/2014This place lives up to it's reputation. Very friendly, professional, unpretentious service and superb food. It's worth a trip to L.A. just to dine there - it's that good! Also, I happen to follow a vegan diet, which they accommodated without advance notice, and it was excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!luv2dineDined on 11/9/2014Went to Spago's for the first time for a 60th birthday celebration! Our group of six loved and devoured everything we ordered (veal chop, lobster risotto, jidori chicken, agnolotti with Italian chestnut, pasta with lamb ragu, Chinese eggplant with black bean sauce, mille feuille dessert) and the service was superb -- friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, did not rush us (our guest of honor's flight was delayed and arrived nearly an hour late).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 11/8/2014Excellent all around, keep coming back every time we visit the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around beautiful experienceSandyrkVIPDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Spago this weekend. It couldn't've been more exquisite. The service was flawless, the patio lovely, and the food and drinks unsurpassed. We opted for a variety of appetizers and sides as our meal, which allowed us to taste many contrasts. All excellent. We shall be back.Special Features:
- Still spectacularLucky13VIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything was phenomenal. Amazing how all of Wolfgang Puck's places, but Spago in particular, remain relevant. Despite changing trends, they still find fantastic combinations and flavors. We had incredible halibut and sole as well as really great lobster pasta dish as a mid-course. Cocktails were flawless. Dessert options were less than usual, but the passionfruit pudding cake, or whatever it was we had, was light and wonderful. Service was tremendous; never were wanting for anything, and all questions were answered along the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing trufflesChrisfoodsVIPDined on 11/8/2014Ordered truffles to be added onto my pasta for a large but appropriate price. The restaurant did not shave the truffle table side. So I was able to see the truffle itself. The truffles actually did not taste fresh or really have much flavor. I almost felt like the were prepackaged or from a can. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Our server "Emily" kept trying to rush us and seemed generally unhappy to be there. We would have had a lovely lunch but she spoiled it. The rest of the staff was good and the hostesses in particular were very nice. I may try it again but at very high end restaurants the service is part of the atmosphere and it was lacking!Special Features:
- Great Business LunchRunnerGirlDined on 11/5/2014Excellent lunch or dinner restaurant. I took international clients and enjoyed excellent food and service. Despite the hype, Spago never disappoints. Best kicker, I've take clients twice for lunch and been greeted by Wolfgang Puck himself at our table each time. Couldn't ask for more...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PefectionPerfectionDined on 11/4/2014I would not change a thing about our experience, from the excellent food to the three man team that tenderly helped maneuver my friend in and out of our curbside car and into her wheelchair.Special Features:
- Returning DinerLocalGDined on 11/3/2014We have dined in Spagos a number of times while staying in Beverly Hills. It has not changed much since our last visit in 2013. The restaurant and service were good but the biggest thing was very mediocre food which we have never experienced at Spagos before. Maybe just an off night in the kitchen, but not what you would expect from this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not what we were expecting...WeeverDined on 11/3/2014This was our first time here, so maybe we hit an off night. Overall, it did not meet our expectations. If you go, recommend going outside of the busy hours, as it was very noisy with the dinner crowd. The wine list is extensive, so that was a plus. The initial service was pretty good, but after our order was taken it slowed down. I know each waiter has a support team, and ours did not seem to be working together very well. The food was decent, but for the price and hype, we have had much better. Your mileage may vary, but I would be reluctant to return, mainly on the food experience.Special Features:
- Salmon Under-cookedLouisDined on 10/29/2014My wife's salmon was not cooked in the center. Server replaced entree with properly cooked salmon and did not charge for her entree.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCEFoodieLoriVIPDined on 10/26/2014Everything was amazing from the tuille cones filled with tuna tartare, the agnolotti filled with a sweet corn puree, flavor bursting in your mouth, NY strip, veal chop, dessert…and the service! Wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSimoDined on 10/26/2014Everything from the moment we walked in was just great, we own two restaurants so we can be fussy, but Travis our waiter was fabulous, food outstanding and overall experience was memorable, love, love loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful.HeWhoEatsDined on 10/26/2014I've lived in Los Angeles for nearly twenty years, and never gotten a chance to visit the legendary Spago -- glad we finally did, it was one of the most fun dining experiences I've had. We came in expecting snooty waiters and stiff ambiance, it was very relaxed, the wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GreatMacGDined on 10/23/2014This is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. In my mind this is the best restaurant in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!MrMiyagiDined on 10/23/2014I am not a foodie of any sorts, however my girlfriend and I decided to dine at this famous restaurant for lunch. We were promptly seated at a very nice table on the patio (per our request). The atmosphere was very nice. Since we were the first ones to be seated, it was very quiet. When all the other tables were seated, the acoustics were very nice. We were not subjected to hearing other people's conversations, a very pleasant experience. The service from every employee was impeccable. The manager was the nicest guy and checked on us to make sure we were happy, and we were! The food was exquisite and an experience like no other. The manager treated us to an unexpected desert which turned out to be heavenly. 5 stars on all counts!!!Special Features:
- absolutely Beverly HillsCVW2VIPDined on 10/21/2014Great ambiance, impeccable run house and amazing food .We really enjoyed our diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Reliable, excellent service. food consistent. Romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!JoelDined on 10/17/2014Our waitress was very professional she was a first class rating and gave her tip in cash decided not to charge the tip in the card because she deserve it right away. I already recommended Spago to my friends. Awesome place to unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to Los AngelespamelaVIPDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant was beautiful, the servers were pleasant and extremely respectful, and the food was fabulous! I look forward to dining at other Wolfgang Puck restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!AmyzDined on 10/14/2014I am from Florida and come to LA on business several times a year. I had always meant to go to Spago, but somehow I didn't get there until recently. It is a new favorite and I will be back! Every staff member was exceptional, from the pleasant hostess to our server who was extremely professional, but still let her personality show. The food is the real showstopper. I had the Gnocchi with Veal Ragu and it was so rich and comforting. Then I had the Prime New York Strip for my main...cooked to perfect medium rare and melted in my mouth! The potato/bacon side on the steak was impressive as well. Also, I couldn't say no to the fresh baked bread being passed tableside....classy and delish! I will be back as soon as I can!Special Features:
- bobbaiDined on 10/14/2014I would have loved to have had the Calf's Liver but alas, it wasn't available. The Hong Kong Grouper was however, superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucyLucyDined on 10/14/2014This was a special treat for 6 of us "girls" with awesome menu....each of us said our meals were more than supreme, relaxed, supreme service and topped off by a 'visit' by Wolfgang himself. What a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbchungclanVIPDined on 10/12/2014Loved everything at this modern temple of culinary arts. Don't miss the spicy tuna hand rolls, in their amazing miso-sesame wrapper. Venetian sepia with lobster stuffing was outstanding, as was the apple souffle for dessert. Every dish was beautifully made and presented. Service was formal and attentive without being standoffish or condescending. A great experience for a lot of money.Special Features:
- belincDined on 10/10/2014creative menu, but noise level is main room was a bit too loud. would have preferred somewhat quieter room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJDLDined on 10/10/2014Interesting menu. Butternut Squash Soup was Divine. Pumpkin Agnolotti was a Delightful Surprise. The Pommes Aligot was Killer. Each dish was constructed around a specific theme, taking you on a journey to a unique part of the world. Travis, our waiter, and company, provided the perfect balance of service; there when we needed him without hovering. This was a great way to celebrate 4 Birthdays at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just goodfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014we were hoping for more but the food was just good, not very good For that price and ranking it should have been much better
- trendytrendster90210TrendyReviewerDined on 10/8/2014Ambiance is superb since they have remodeled. We saw several celebrities dining for lunch when we were there. the only problem was that i was there for a business lunch and the acoustics were not conducive to doing business and explaining strategy. It felt too loud.Special Features:
- SuperbBoyzoneDined on 10/6/2014This place deserves the good reputation it has. We had some superb food and would definitely recommend the lobster bisque and the short rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good, Not the Best EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very, very good. The place is beautiful and famous and the staff are extremely courteous. It is a thrill to be there. I did not care for the hazelnut dessert and I did not think the sauces were the best I had ever tasted, which, frankly, I had expected. We had to ask three times for a second soda. I guess I was slightly disappointed with the food, given the reputation and price. However, everyone should go once in their lives.Special Features:
- Wonderful, special evening!CenaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had an amazing evening. The food, service, and wine were spectacular! Thank you!Special Features: