Spago - Beverly Hills
176 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Spago - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3635
- Phone: 3103850880x
- Hours of Operation:
12 p.m. – 2:15 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Friday
(closed Sunday and Monday for lunch)
6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Monday - Friday
5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Saturday
5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Hefter / Wolfgang Puck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spago Special Events has built a reputation over the years as host for celebrated parties from 12 to 2,500. Please call Ana Alvarez at (310) 777-3711 to discuss your event needs. We will do everything possible to make your next entertaining experience a major success.
A word from Spago - Beverly Hills
Spago Beverly Hills, Wolfgang Puck's legendary, flagship restaurant, continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style, and is consistently recognized as the ultimate in fine dining. Spago presents a completely new menu and design. The master chef has re-invented the entire menu with his signature farm to table philosophy. Puck, along with Managing Partner and James Beard Award-winning Executive Chef Lee Hefter, creates imaginative seasonal menus showcasing the best of California’s produce and products. Spago's new design from Waldo Fernandez complements the food with its clean and simple aesthetic, incorporating natural elements to add an organic feel. Spago is the recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and received two stars in The Michelin Guide-Los Angeles edition, one of only three restaurants in the city to win this coveted distinction. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, the restaurant earned the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award, the publication's highest honors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Spago - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Spago - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
340 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (245)fit for foodies (207)notable wine list (150)romantic (150)great for outdoor dining (140)hot spot (113)great for lunch (68)neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (61)vibrant bar scene (42)great for brunch (29)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Wolfgang never seems to disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014During this lunch, once again; Wolfgang made his rounds to the diners to say "hello" & "thank you" for coming. It seems like everytime I am here he has been there to say hello personally to his customers. A very busy man, indeed; but besides the hospitality, the food was delicious as always. I just had a salad for lunch this time, nothing fancy; & they were able to custom make my salad that was not on the menu but something to my liking. The service was impeccable as it always is here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolfgang Puck is human scaleMensaFoodReviewVIPDined on 9/17/2014The renovated space is fresh and engaging to the mind. The lunchtime light warm and calming. And it is inevitably an interesting crowd gathered at lunch, reveling in Wolfgang's ability to bring together dishes that delight with sublime simplicity. If there is such a thing as world-famous-human-scale, then it is Wolfgang Puck, and he infuses this spirit in his lunchtime creations. While there are Paleo options, you'd be wise not to miss the bread. I had the gazpacho, which was diced into a luxurious texture - not too chunky, not to smooth; I like gazpacho to both slide on my tongue and delicately require my teeth. Next, Jidori Chicken, marinated to produce smoke flavor throughout the meat and mixed with umami mushrooms. Eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2014Spago is always fantastic, and it's such an honor to meet Wolfgang puck every time- great personal touch. The food is amazing, especially those just in season white truffles, but it was my extraordinary waitress, Margarite, who is not only incredibly knowledgable of the entire menu but a thoughtful, charming soul. I try to make sure I'm in her section every time as she is somewhat of a perfectionist in dining which I wholehearted relate. Thanks for great food, service, and making me always feel welcome and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The Veal Tartare appetizer was great but when the Salmon arrived it ranged from medium to cold rare. Very poorly cooked. However, the bigger issue we had was with the service. Our server put the "wait" in waiter. I had to ask twice for someone to find our waiter, and that was just the times when we had someone to ask. Very pleasant guy, but clearly made us feel out little two person tourist table was not as important as the bigger, noisier tables over very important patrons. We were also surprised at how noisy it was. Not noisy, loud. We had to lean forward to hear each other.Special Features:
- Perfect as usual, well-done, Chef!JoannDined on 9/16/2014Absolutely perfect. We always look forward to lunch or dinner at Spago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why do you ruine a good night?RegularPatronVIPDined on 9/13/2014We pay the money to go out there, get good service, have a good time. But when you end up paying the top$ and on top of that come back home agonized, then might as well stay home and order in. Our reservation was at 8:45, but we ended up sitting around 9:40. Food was served at 11:00. Horrible, horrible experience. The most annoying fact is that, the servers and the managers think that is quite normal for a 5 star restaurant and if we want to eat there, that's a part of the deal. Save your money. Save your mood and find another place that values you as a customer.
- sandeeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything is top notch. Food and service incredibleSpecial Features:
- The perfect traditional restaurantfoodchowVIPDined on 9/13/2014Spago is as good as a traditional restaurant gets. It is innovative, cutting edge, meticulous -clearly a showcase for what it is possible for an upscale restaurant to be. We enjoy the charming patio where the conversation level is quieter. We have experienced the tasting menu which is wonderful and we have ordered off the menu which offers countless choices of contemporary food. The portions are sized so that while you will enjoy equisite tastes, you will not go away hungry. The wine list is extensive and the cocktail possibilities are impressive. We keep coming back for more and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billchinVIPDined on 9/13/2014i have had good servers there but this one was a bit aloof and inattentive.Special Features:
- Food always fabuloushatboxVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is always incredibly well presented and delicious. Usually the wait staff is beyond wonderful, so I would go with that. This time, our waiter lost interest halfway through our lunch, and I had to wave down people to get service. I think our originally good waiter got hung up on a demanding party, or just ignored us because we did not order lots of wine at lunch? Anyway, the second half of our meal was a series of waves to try to find our waiter. This is out of the norm, because usually the attention is exceptional. It was disappointing, because I was doing a special birthday lunch for a friend. The friend loved the food, but not the service, which was too bad. Also, staff confirmed then forgot candle on dessert. Boo hoo.Special Features:
- Excellent and OutstandingSpagoDined on 9/13/2014The epitome of the Los Angeles food experience. Wolfgang Puck is a genius and an icon. He is a true Los Angeles treasure. Long live Spago.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningWbarristerDined on 9/10/2014On a visit from the East Coast. Had a glass of wine in the bar as service hadn't started in the dining room. Entertaining and engaging bartender! Service from carrying our drinks into the dining room to bringing over a sommelier to help with the extensive wine list and narrow our choices by preference and cost was first class. The food was terrific! Especially enjoyed the filet mignonette tartare. Capped the evening with a visit from Chef Wolfgang Puck who greeted everyone and seemed to enjoy picture taking with his guests. Very reasonable cost considering the location and level of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aussie1Dined on 9/9/2014Excellent food, service and Ambiance. Took guest from Australia and she was very impressed. Johnny was the best!Special Features:
- Awful service , over cooked steakThetruthDined on 9/8/2014So much hype , so disappointing ; our starters were excellent ; main course steak was over cooked and dry (ordered medium ) ; the service was absolutely awful , we waited 15 minutes until we saw a waiter - than very long waits again to see him subsequently ; to cap it all drinks from another table were mysteriously "transferred in" on our bill - the waiter apologized and corrected this "error " but left a really bad taste. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Incredibly disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2014Very overpriced, unoriginal food, and confused service. We didn't get two things we ordered without asking for them a second time. The server was very polite but the service itself was inexcusable for the price. Will not return.Special Features:
- Simply Stunning!natcreatVIPDined on 9/6/2014Dining at Spago was world-class. The food was superb; no other description suffices. The wine list was more a tome in its extent and quality. The service was outstanding. Our server Erica was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and supremely helpful. I can't recommend Spago enough. Just go.Special Features:
- SpagoliciousLaura95Dined on 9/6/2014I´ve been to the Spago in Beverly Hills last saturday for lunch. It was my first time there together with my parents. We loved it! And since we are from Austria, like Mr. Wolfgang Puck, it was very special for us! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! We look forward to go there again very very soon! Thank you Kindest regards LauraSpecial Features:
- Somethng was missing there.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/5/2014Spectacular service! The lady manager was so compassionate when the night falls, it was a bit cold in the terrace. She immediately brought my wife a shoulder scarf wrap to keep her warm. The busboy & waitress were attentive as well. The cosmo cocktail was the best in town. My wife loved it. Cons: They played safe on the food and nothing was "WOW!". I'd expect it be more innovative or something outside-the-box. The Jidori chicken was a disappointment; it was so basic. Then came with a major disappointment that they seemed not to bother to celebrate any occasions. It was my B-Day. All I got was a free candle on the top of the honey custard which I paid for. In a high caliber restaurant like Spago, it should be on the house as a good gesture.Special Features:
- Great food, not the best ambiance.welive2eatDined on 9/3/2014Yes, Spago has a great reputation for its menu, and that is well deserved. The dishes were creative and delicious--fresh ingredients, interesting variety. Our server was nice, but didn't seem quite up to the level of the food he was serving. Couldn't immediately answer a question or two about the menu. In addition, the night we were there, we were seated at a banquette in view of the kitchen, which is always fun. But there was a party of about 12 at a round table behind us in the dining room that was using the opportunity to have more of a cocktail reception than a multi-course meal. They were standing and mingling between every course, which was distracting. We're New York diners, and found this odd and distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and miss enjoyable food itemsJujuDined on 9/3/2014Wiener schnitzel excellent, heirloom tomato mini salad -tasteless, chocolate dessert très ordinaire. Service felt, really wasn't, rushed. Not a warm, fun, engaging experience. They could see it was my friends BDay and didn't say or do a thing. My $35. Glass of Chardonnay, which was supposed to be buttery, wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsZingynavidooDined on 9/2/2014Great for special occasions if you can afford it, we had a memorable wedding Anniverssary dinner. Only qualm was the fish though tasty was a tad bit on the cold side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too stuffyworldcitizenDined on 8/30/2014the place is beautiful, but the food is not really for me, I prefer more "real food" , the service is "too fuzzy" there are so many changes in the silverware, that it does not allow time to talk or enjoy the companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 course tastingGreatVIPDined on 8/30/2014We tried the eight course with sommelier selected wines. Started off very small and ended a little heavy. Disappointed an ale was slipped in instead of a wine. Service was all very nice up until the end when it seemed we got forgotten. One request to the manager and all was better. They added an extra wine tasting and a box of small chocolates which actually might be what they give everyone. Check the California tasting menu as the details are too long to capture. If it is a special occasion let them know ahead of time and they seem to want to all come by and congratulateSpecial Features:
- Disappointing/overratedluv2eatgdfudDined on 8/30/2014The Lamb ragu pasta was bland and ordinary. The lamb chop was very fatty and had too much grizzle. Not enjoyable at all. I felt like everything was overprice and lacked flavor. I don't mind paying money for great tasting food. Obviously disappointed.Special Features:
- Ok at best.KnowFood9Dined on 8/28/2014The waitress looked like the last thing she wanted was to be working there. The food was ok at best. Will not be backSpecial Features:
- Superior Dining ExperienceJoenJudithDined on 8/27/2014It is, I'm sure, not easy to live up to your fine reputation. Spago exceeded our expectations both for food and service. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestMychoiceDined on 8/27/2014Been looking forward to lunch at Spago & it was terrific. Food was exceptional as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awesome.UnhappyparkerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Still got it after all these years. Fab food, great ambience and a variety of seating areas. We were there for a Wednesday lunch and were welcomed by Wolfie himself! Who also spent time chatting up Sydney Poitier who was seated at the table next to us! Great experience except for the 1/2 hour wait even with a reservation. However, with a touch of class they did provide us with a glass of champagne on the house.Special Features:
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was superb; however, the timing was a bit off. The wine we'd ordered for dinner arrived while we were still drinking our cocktails, and then there was quite a long wait before our appetizers arrived. Overall, though, it was a wonderful (but very expensive) meal. It is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerMetrowestDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I have been big fans of Wolfgang for many years but this was our first trip to Spagos in Beverly Hills. It was a great dinner. The food was exceptional, service impeccable and the wine list.............endless. Everything came together as we hoped and the next time we are in LA, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindlouDined on 8/22/2014we enjoyed our meal. The food was prepared and presented well. We probably would have enjoyed more if we sat outside. The price for 6 oysters amongst other foods was astronomical; and this is not a place we would go to unless it was a very very special occasion. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- AmazingbobandkathyyaphanknyDined on 8/22/2014This was an anniversary celebration that couldn't have been better. We were on vacation from Long Island NY.Special Features:
- Spago is still L A best diningDouganandaVIPDined on 8/21/2014I hadn't been back to Chef Puck's empire flagship SPAGO in some years, since its most recent renovations. The new ambience is clean and charming and the most recent menu is a perfect evolution of Puck's famed California cuisine all grown up and internationally sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This. Is. The. Place.WineandvistasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Spago is about as close to perfection as it gets. The ambience places dinners in a uniquely quixotic setting that sets the stage for the ultimate dining experience. Each food course made our insides sing, and the wines recommended by our server (who was more like a sommelier) were perfection in pairing. We loved the vibe, and everything about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticsoozyQDined on 8/19/2014Was not really expecting it, as spoiled by living in Europe and frequenting great restaurants in Italy and France often. However, everything was perfect and the food was amazing. BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergy friendlyTrendyDiningDined on 8/19/2014I have a lot of different allergies, and the chef was more than willing to change up the dishes I ordered to accommodate me--without lacking any flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and STARS!Bc1981VIPDined on 8/19/2014Mr. Puck shook our hand and Patrick Stewart was at the table next to us for lunch. The food was great. It is expensive but worth the experience. Be sure to eat outside!
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Spago. The food and ambience were great and the service and attention to detail was exceptional. Loved the restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- flingfoodDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food - a la carte available easily, tasting menu available but not 'pushed'. The best 2* Michelin we have been to for awhile, could even come close to a 3*. Ambiance very different from other 2 and 3 *'s but very friendly and smartly informal. Highly recommended. I wanted abalone and they created a special for me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic LA lunchjisa1Dined on 8/16/2014Can't really get much more LA than this. Perfect atmosphere and food. Great place to bring out of town guests,Special Features: