Spago - Bachelor Gulch
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
130 Daybreak Ridge, P.O. Box 9190
Edwards, CO 81620Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Spago - Bachelor Gulch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3705
- Phone: 9703431555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday through Sunday, First Seating 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jared Montarbo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant at 970.343.1555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Matt Rowland 9703431555x
A word from Spago - Bachelor Gulch
Master Chef Wolfgang Puck teamed up with the award-winning Ritz-Carlton to open a Colorado outpost of his legendary Spago at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch. Spago continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style. Chef Jared Montarbo creates imaginative, California cuisine with regional, European and Asian influences in a sophisticated, warm environment crafted by esteemed New York-based hospitality designer Tony Chi. The menu features Spago’s classics from over the years and Wolfgang's childhood favorites - Organic Salmon Steamed "Hong Kong" Style and Veal "Wiener Schnitzel"- as well as new signature dishes locally inspired by the surrounding environment with as many ingredients from the area as possible. The 4,400 square foot restaurant features a hip and sophisticated 34-seat bar and lounge which is the ideal place to see and be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Spago - Bachelor Gulch - Best Restaurants in Beaver Creek ›
Spago - Bachelor Gulch reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)scenic view (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Very disappointingmcaja5Dined on 10/4/2014Food was marginal especially for a Wolf Gang Puck restaurant. The wine list was way overpriced. This is our 2nd time at this Spago's and it was more disappointing than the first time we went there 2 years ago. We will not go back.
- Love this Place!CajunJenDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I vacation in CO just about yearly and have never been disappointed with Spago's. Started off with Sweet Corn Lobster Soup--OMG, worth every calorie. You know how when you go out to eat and each order different entrees to explore and at times prefer one over the other? Well it is always a homerun when you both say you'd order what you each ordered again. He ordered the wood-smoked duck breast and the salmon for me which was so moist with crispy edges. Both dishes were masterly accompanied with wonderful sides and sauces. Of course we saved room for dessert. Lemon infused cheesecake with blueberry topping and sauce on a ginger snap crust garnished with candied lemon zest. It was that good! Staff great & no noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chicken ever...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. The price was too as in sticker shock. :) But for a special occasion I am not complaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDavidDined on 9/13/2014Great as always. Staff was impeccable and the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014We just ate dinner, and have no way to rate anything in the romantic, late-nite find, neighborhood gem, principally because the restaruarant exits within perhaps the most extensive luxury hotel in the county.Special Features:
- fair experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Peach and procuitto was short on peaches and ham, long on greens. The peking duck was unique. the classic presentation would have been better. Half a duck for two withe the classic pancakes and sauce would have been nicer.
- MgstrDined on 8/28/2014Spago was so incredible, and was the best meal I had out of all the beaver creek restaurants I've tried. It is a bit pricey, but which is completely appropriate with the absolutely exceptional quality of Ingredients and preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceturcoDined on 8/24/2014We ordered our food and our appetaizer was delivered in about 8 minutes, but then we had to wait close to one hour for our main course, the excuse was that the information was not correctly placed inthe computer, so the kitchen staff did not prepare it until we complained about the service. the manager was informed of this situation.
- Spago's Summer UpdatesjcatdfwVIPDined on 8/15/2014Can't say enough about how wonderful this place is if you are eating outside. The view is gorgeous, there was live music playing close by, there were families wandering around playing horseshoes and getting out of the pool. As we got up to leave, with the evening light just hitting the mountain, there is just no better a setting. On top of that, the food was all excellent, the service outstanding and nice (not stuffy), the wines superb, plus they left me a half-bottle of wine gift. The only thing I would say is that the interior decoration is a little overdone. I just love the patio.Special Features:
- Great food, uncomfortable chairs!CudjoeDined on 8/8/2014Service and food was excellent, but my seat was very uncomfortable. The leather was so smooth, and the seat was pitched forward and made me feel like I was slipping out of the chair.Special Features:
- Great MealjohnnyzozoDined on 8/8/2014Took my wife for her birthday. Service and meal were excellent. The wine list was great. I would recommend this for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Spago ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We had unparalleled food and service when we dined at Spago in Las Vegas last fall and had high expectations for our night out at Spago in Beaver Creek. Unfortunately, our experience Spago, Beaver Creek was only fair and it fell short of our expectations. I ordered a Belvedere vodka martini to start and was served a gin martini by mistake. The wait staff corrected the issue and did not charge me for the incorrect drink, but we got off on the wrong foot. From there service was somewhat slow, with a very long (nearly an hour and a half) wait between our appetizers and our entrees. The appetizers and entrees were good, but not exceptional. Perhaps we came in with unrealistic expectations but we left somewhat disappointed overall.Special Features:
- Good againLovelyDined on 7/5/2014Second time eating here - this time we sat outside - last time was inside. The food was exceptional both times. Including a $115 bottle of wine, the dinner was $290 (before tip). That included a shared starter and desert. The service was a little stiff / snooty / perfunctory. That said, the sommelier was super helpful and we got a wonderful bottle of wine that complimented the food. We will go again.Special Features:
- good dinner, food is saltymiamiblondeVIPDined on 7/5/2014we had party of 9 and one server. food was overall very salty. me and a friend had 3 people in our table try our food and they all agreed food was way too salty. we both returned our main courses. they offered to remake anything we wanted but we kind of just shared our friends. we had quite a few nice appetizers. i would recommend restaurant just mention light on the salt. Soufflés were mediocre and not totally cooked.
- The following 398 reviews are from the Spago - Bachelor Gulch reviews archive.
- Spago Doesn't DisappointmaliavailDined on 3/15/2014We had a great birthday celebration dinner at Spago in Bachelor Gulch. Great wine and champagne as well as wonderful appetizers and entrees. They have no kids menu but will make just about anything for the kiddos. Our kids loved their food including a great homemade mac-n-cheese. The lamb and striped bass were a huge hit. We will definitely be back, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy bad food and expensivedafishDined on 3/8/2014Very disappointed. Living off its name, not its product. Never going back.Special Features:
- Excellent for lunch / well-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/8/2014We always have our so-long-for-now lunch at Spago before leaving Bachelor Gulch-- rarely disappoints. Well-priced given the quality of food and wine. Service was excellent. The view if you get a table by the window makes it special. The pony/horse-hair chairs are "interesting"? but we just chalk it up to some designer's need to be a bit different. Not sure I'd like to be sitting in these chairs for dinner (we did on one occasion but it was too long ago...).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for how we weresurprisedinabadwayDined on 3/5/2014Too expensive for how we were treated. You go to a restaurant like Spago to be treated special and kind for the amount of money you spend on the food. We were not, we were ignored and I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in Beaver CreekJT111Dined on 2/25/2014We had a wonderful meal at Spago. The room is casual and the food is great. The service was exceptional and the presentation by the servers was on a par with any restaurant the we have dined in. We highly recommend this restaurant and we will revisit every time we return to Beaver Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is impeccable, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/25/2014Service is impeccable, but what surprised me is when Chef Jared Montarbo came to our table. This really made us very special. Despite of his busy work in the kitchen, he found time to say a word with us. You can not find this to other restaurant. I had lobster risotto for appetizer and beef short ribs for main course - both were excellent.Special Features:
- Pretty goodSusanGS1Dined on 2/21/2014Food was not exceptional --especially considering the price. Sweet Basil, Four Seasons, Splendido,& Larkspur are better. Also no accommodation for our son's special birthday wassde.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Chairs...food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014Ok, I'm not crazy and it was the general consensus from our table and surrounding tables that the Chairs were HORRIBLE. Why? It felt as if you were sliding forward off the chairs. They were dated and I am sorry but if I am paying $60-$100- per person I would at least like to relax and enjoy my wine and dinner in a comfortable chair. I would like to recommend this restaurant but unfortunately I will not. The food was ok not exceptional and the service was TERRIBLE! We had to continually ask our waiter several times for the same things. Wish I would have enjoyed it more being on vacation. Signed ....just another Chair slider
- We ate at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2014We ate at this restaurant twice last winter and loved it. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. This year we looked forward to our return and were very disappointed. The service was poor - form the hostess to the waiter - they did not care and seemed to be going through the motions. The best dishes on last years menu are gone and replaced by uninspiring dishes that are served all over Vail. The restaurant was lacking in any ambiance as it was filled with children at large tables that were their to eat Spago pizza. This restaurant is now extremlely over priced with OK food and poor service - we were very dissappointed.Special Features:
- Service undercuts experienceSkierVIPDined on 2/17/2014Spago has been one of our favorite lunch spots until recently. The beautiful Ritz setting, delicious food and slippers for tired, boot-weary feet are lovely. In the last two years, however, service has been so consistently indifferent that we're rethinking our visits. It's a shame, as we've loved our tradition. The new $15 parking fee is also a drawback.
- Excellent food, subpar serviceVaildinerDined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent as usual (although the tuna tartare cones were quite skimpy compared to those of the past). The wait times were unacceptable & service was poor. We live here locally & have been dining at Spago for the last 6 years. The service during our most recent visit was not good -- certainly not what I expect from this restaurant. Very displeased and may no longer consider this as a dining option in the Vail Valley. Too many other viable options with much better consistent service. Certainly a shame, as this was one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpagofranknmooreVIPDined on 1/31/2014Exceptional -- even the mixed drink (Old Fashion) and Oregon Pinot were exceptional. Our group of three enjoyed the risotto, steak and seared tuna entrees. All of these qualified as sone of the best food we have had. We enjoyed a few desserts including: apple fritter, cookies, and a cheesecake -- each pleasantly nuanced and all exceptional. The service was also exceptional -- warm, friendly and a pleasure. Certainly the lovely hotel and mountain setting offer some help, nonetheless, Spago is a stand-alone exceptional experience and I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spago in the RockiesColoradoFoodieVIPDined on 1/11/2014Top place to eat in Avon/Beavercreek! We love their season menu, excellent wine list and recommendations, and excellent service and staff. We always bring our children, ages 10 and 13, and they always love something on their menu. The restaurant offers children to make their own pizzas, too, which could be fun!Special Features:
- Must dine location in Beaver CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2014Wonderful start to our vacation week. Terrific homemade pasta with brown butter and white truffles, Colorado rack of lamb, amazing! Shelly our server was great, very friendly and service was spot on. Entire staff from the hostess who took our coats to Jason the sommelier made us feel very welcome. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, evenHfamilyDined on 1/3/2014Great food and service, even at a busy time, & nothing too much trouble for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner venueJockWuVIPDined on 1/2/2014Beaver Creek location for uber chef Wolfgang Puck's Spago is an exquisite experience, from the setting (at the base of Bachelor Gulch next to the ski trails), the ambience (mellow lighting, fanciful furnishings, mountain lodge atmosphere as part of the Ritz Carlton), the service, and the food (including fantastic steamed bass Hong Kong style, and amazing banana cheesecake). We went to the flagship Spago in Beverly a year ago, and while that reigns supreme, this ski-town Spago does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable spagocolodariaDined on 1/2/2014Food is always good at sago. Steak tartar with quail egg appetizer fabulous. Wonderful beet salad. Flavorful duck dish. Bar drinks perfect.Special Features:
- Over ratedLizzieDined on 12/31/2013The food was just ok. I really expected more from Spago for the money we spent. We had been here two years ago and the food was much better then.
- It was not our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2013It was not our first time at Spago Bachelor Gulch, we love all Wolfgan's restaurants, but this time was way overprice, 20% tip included when the service was not all the best, our table of 2 was super crump against the other tables for 2. Because of the tip, we end up paying $500.00 for 2 with out any alcohol or caffe, just coke and sparkling water (1 bottle), very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingbeenaroundDined on 12/31/2013Was there with my family for lunch last week. The waiter was somewhat argumentative but, worst of all, the food was really pretty bad. Three of my kids and I ordered pizzas and they came out warm (not hot) with soggy crust. Also, too many ingredients - these dishes were overly complicated. it really felt like an attempt by a novice chef. My wife had a pasta dish, which was ok.Special Features:
- One of the greatsJDCJVIPDined on 12/30/2013This is a spectacular resturant. Food, wine and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...MountainFoodieVIPDined on 12/27/2013Spago is a regular favorite of ours when we are in the mountains. It is normally characterized by great food, wine and service. This visit we had the great food, the wine and sommelier were as good as always, but the service was a little off. Our waiter was great, but was clearly frustrated by the fact that there were glitches like the food not coming out at the same time. At a restaurant where the presentation of the entrees by a suite of waiters is part of the charm, having some entrees 10 minutes late was an embarrassment to him. We'll return, but hope they get the staffing right to deliver the service that sets Spago apart and makes it worth the biggest bill in the Vail / Beaver Creek region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family had a great mealLongIslandTravelerDined on 12/27/2013My family had a great meal at the restaurant and would recommend it to all who want to eat a special locale. The food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DiinerWhitelion5472Dined on 12/25/2013Took the family for Christmas diner to Spago. Wife got to meet Wolfgang Puck himself which was neat. The food and service was very good. It is overpriced but that is to be expected where ti is located in the Ritz and has Wolfgangs name. Overall a good experience as long as you dont mind paying over priced values.Special Features:
- We were famished from a dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We were famished from a day of skiing, but our table wasn't ready when we arrived (albeit we were 10 late due to shuttle delay). Whoever was in charge of things going smoothly took care of us immediately, however. We received two complimentary appetizers while we enjoyed adult beverages at the bar (we particularly enjoyed the tuna tar tare.) As we finished our apps, our server took wonderful care of us and our dinner was AMAZING. Surprisingly, Wolfgang Puck was in the dining room and came by to chit chat with us. He was so nice and charming. Loved the food, drinks, and service. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- late, coldmogjohnstonDined on 12/24/2013one entry out of four was served proper temperature, after a leisurely-paced meal. Kitchen compted two desserts as a makeup.