1295 Grandview Ave
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spagio.com/spagio/index.html
- Phone: 6144861114x1
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Chef Hubert Seifert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have 30 years of experience ranging from intimate gatherings to complex galas for 2000. We want to provide the highest quality cuisine paired with impeccable service to make your next event a memorable affair. From creative menu design to theme, decor, entertainment & venue selection, let our expert staff take the worry out of your special occasion. Depending upon your needs, our signature services include fully staffed parties of all sizes, as well as convenient pick-up or delivery. We look forward to helping you with your event! Heather Hewitt, Catering Director.
- Private Party Facilities: SPAGIO is the perfect place for birthdays, rehearsal dinners, showers, celebrations and gatherings. We host larger parties in our dinning rooms and they are a huge hit. We work with you on creating a menu that is perfect for your guest list. These rooms are not completely private since they flow with the rest of our restaurant.
For a completely private and more upscale venue, please ask about Aubergine Private Dinner Club.
- Private Party Contact: Helga Seifert 6144861114x1
A word from SPAGIO
SPAGIO is casual fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Grandview for over 30 years. Our goal is to create a comfortable, fun, & eclectic environment, where people can enjoy the freshest international cuisine as well as each other’s company. Our focus is to use the freshest ingredients, especially local when possible. We invite you to browse the many ways Chef Hubert has created venues to explore all aspects of food & wineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
SPAGIO - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
SPAGIO reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (49)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (43)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (26)hot spot (24)romantic (20)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014My fiancé and I came in for dinner on Wednesday night and were seated at a great little 2 top in the corner of the back of the restaurant. Out server was knowledgable, kind and coursed our meal perfectly so my fiancé and I could enjoy time together without being rushed. I wish I could remember his name, but look up out reservation because he needs to be recognized! Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic, Reliable, Delicious!JanisandDaveDineDined on 10/19/2014We had friends come in from out of town and pondered where to go. Spagio! What a class place and run like a well oiled machine. Everything is always delicious, however my selection this time, was crab skillet benedict. What a wonderful choice, perfectly prepared poached eggs, crab cake and potato cake with a chipotle hollandaise sauce, DELISH! Our friends both go the Omlette of the Day and said it was just delicious, Dave got the huevos rancheros he liked it, but expected a different texture to the corn tortilla. The service was outstanding and the crowd out front cheering on the Columbus Marathoners was an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpagioDRLGVIPDined on 10/18/2014My meal was good, but my husband's was not. I got a vegetable terrine with steak. It ended to be healthier than I thought it would be which was a bonus. My husband got weinerschnizel . It was served with starchy veggies....not healthy. We like to eat healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHattieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Chef Hubert never fails to prepare a varied menu that has selections to please everyone's palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect start to perfect eveninggrandviewwanttobeDined on 10/18/2014I do not live in Columbus but have heard of Spagio for a number of years. I was taking my two daughters and another friend to see The Lion King for a 21st birthday celebration. We thought Spagio would be a great place to dine. What a treat! Great atmosphere, service and wonderful food. The fast service and valet parking was a bonus. Will be back. :)Special Features:
- DisappointedDateNightMomDined on 10/17/2014While the service was lovely, the food left much to be desired. The salmon was wet and mushy. The vegetable napolean was ordinary at best - overcooked quinoa and eggplant makes for a bland dish. It was very busy and clearly a favorite for many but just not our favorite.
- Great Service!!!Vane2Dined on 10/11/2014First time at Spagio and definitely will not be the last one. The food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than hoped forSubveritaDined on 10/5/2014My party of 3 walked in behind a party of 6 without a reservation. We waited for 5 minutes unacknowledged as they seated them near a window. In a nearly empty restaurant, they sat us 2 tables from the bathroom. The food presentation was good, I had pasta primavera in a light cream sauce. The pasta was egg noodles that came to the table tepid, and quickly transformed to the consistency of hardening plaster. One of my companions ordered quiche. The crust was hard and appeared to have been produced on an assembly line. My other companion ordered a croissant treated as French toast. It was split and packed with blueberries in a rich white sauce. It looked delicious. Our server was friendly but inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best server everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything about Spagio was great, but our server was the best ever. He made the experience perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad WalleyeTraveler7Dined on 9/20/20143 of us ordered the Walleye and it was so overcooked it had to be cut with a knife! When I informed our server, she said I'll tell the chef. No" can I get you something else or we'll take it off your bill, but would you care for dessert?" Next time (maybe) we'll all have pasta or pizza. Please share this with Chef Hubert. We dined? 9/20 @ 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingScottieDined on 9/3/2014went here with friends Wednesday night for dinner. My friends pork chop was tough, my pizza was , not that great, my husbands pasta was just ok. The only good meal out of 4 was the prime rib. Our server was lovely though !
- DisappointingKatsiekooVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Spagio for many years but I doubt that we will go back. The food was bland, fat laden and uninteresting. My husband had the meatloaf but, it was heavy and tasteless and the mashed potatoes were solid with melted butter- not creamy. My calimari also sat in a puddle of grease. It was all served luke warm. The stacked tomato was an odd presentation. The tomato and layered mozzarella cheese were totally hidden by a mound of dry arugula piled on top of the tomato. Kind of a strange sight when it should have been so beautiful. Taste was OK. Bread was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014the service and the friendliness of the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spagio'sWingNutDined on 8/22/2014Looking for a little local flavor? Not a monotonous chain? With a German flair? Where everyone is helpful, knowledgable and empowered? With great food... Spagio's is such a place. I visited from another city. It was great. When can I return?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved SpagioB4FoodDined on 8/20/2014While visiting Columbus for a business meeting a colleague and I had a terrific meal experience at Spagio. I enjoy finding unique locations by using OpenTable when traveling and Spagio was the perfect find only 3.5 miles from downtown. We ate on the sidewalk/patio and enjoyed the atmosphere and energetic "neighborhood" feel. The beets and goat cheese were terrific as well as the Tomato Biscuit. I'm not a real fan of lamb, however my colleague ordered the New Zealand Rack of Lamb which I tried and I could have eaten it all myself. I had the strip steak substituting the potatoes au gratin (no problem) for the fries accompanied by sliced tomatoes drizzled in balsamic glaze. The staff was extremely pleasant and our waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and quiet atmosphere -- we were a party of six and had a great time talking and laughing without difficulty hearing one another or disturbing others.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentdsperkDined on 8/15/2014Went late with 2 others to this long standing neighborhood restaurant. Not crowded at all as was nearing closing. Despite this service was excellent with a friendly helpful waitress. Although the menu is not exotic there is wonderful variety from meatloaf comfort food to specials like the various tomato based dishes this time around. All was fresh and well balanced. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting atmosphereTracyNDined on 8/7/2014On a recent mid-week evening, I took several colleagues to a business dinner. The staff provided enough distance for us to have conversations and were very attentive. The atmosphere was ideal in that it the noise levels were low-to moderate and created the sense that we had a just the right mix of privacy while being out in public. The food was outstanding from the the presentation to the taste. Wonderful evening, even if it was for work.Special Features:
- great but needs ice creamnothingDined on 8/5/2014Food and desserts are wonderful. The only thing missing is ice cream in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apps were really goodelskerfoodDined on 7/26/2014While the menu was diverse, the overall taste of the food was okay. The appetizers were the best part. The entree's lacked cohesive flavors and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't buy the martinisdrt477Dined on 7/26/2014Dinner special $25.00. Vodka martini $13.50. I was shocked to see one martinin was more than half of the cost of a three course meal.Special Features:
- consistently excellentChefdOrVIPDined on 7/24/2014they never stop producing incredibly good food for a reasonable amount of money. service is friendly and knowledgeable. It is just a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPAGIO Scores big!MarcoDined on 7/24/2014Do you love to eat Italian food, but lately you've found yourself tired of the same old meals at the same old place? That's where I was at until I discovered SPAGIO! Having been borne into an Italian-American family I grew up with only the finest of this cuisine. Dining in SPAGIO helped me recapture the thrill of Italian food because of their truly exceptional recipes, comfortably modern atmosphere, and gifted staff. I've made SPAGIO a new family tradition, make it one of yours today!Special Features:
- Dine at Spagio, drinks at wine barRKingDined on 7/18/2014My date and I were there Friday at 9pm for dinner and drinks. Service was perfect from the time we pulled up to when we walked out of the door. I asked about the wine bar to our server and she had Colin come over from the Spagio Wine bar (connected but different). After a great meal we walked "next door" to the wine bar and thanks to Colin and Mike I was treated to the best bar, dining, client service experience I have ever had. Keep in mind I am a 31 yr old guy on a date at a wine bar saying this... Young, old and in between, if you have never been to Spagio, for lunch, dinner or to the wine bar, do your self a favor.. make a reservation today.Special Features:
- group kept growingyumyumDined on 7/13/2014Starting with 6 our group grew to twelve and the restaurant accommodated us well. Knowing it was a business dinner we had a back room table and service that was attentive but nor intrusive. The wine was decanted , the appetizers and entrées were tasty and more than adequate. I had the 14 ounce pork chop and it was enough for two. I did manage to gnaw all the meat off the bone first before offering anyone else a bite. Honest talk from thirty year business friends; lots of laughs, great ideas and honest disagreements made possible by the ambience, food and surroundings.Special Features:
- Tasty food and great servicedining4funDined on 7/12/2014Menu variety was wide enough to fit my party's wide tastes, and service and quality was very good... will return. We dined on the patio which was nice except for the senior couple who thought it was ok to dine with their two small dogs near us who became agitated as other dogs walked nearby. Prices were reasonable and what you expect. Nathaniel was our server and he was excellent... very attentive, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- A special occasion enhancedDiscriminatingDinerDined on 7/10/2014When making my Open Table reservation, I mentioned two things - that it was my mother's 80th birthday dinner and that we had one member of our party who is a vegetarian eating fish, but with a milk allergy. From the moment we arrived the hostess warmly made my mother feel special about her birthday. After all we were making a fuss over her... And nice that the Spagio team were part of that too. When our server greeted us, he had clearly been briefed in advance and made a real effort to ensure that not only the birthday girl was pampered, but also all the vegetarian options minus dairy were identified. He went out of his way to bring her olive oil for bread when there was butter for most... A delightful, delicious and very memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in a whileWheel1Dined on 7/10/2014Fantastic food- the rack of lamb was excellent! Service was also good. All in all, one of the best dining experiences I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014What's not to LOVE about Spagio............the food, service and atmosphere are impeccable! HIGHLY Recommend.........AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinksOhioFoodieDined on 7/3/2014I had the seafood stew which was delicious. My husband had the wood fired duck pizza which was also very good. We had the Moscow Mule and the Aperlo cocktail, both tasted wonderful. The service was great. Unfortunately, we did not have room for the decadent desserts, but we will be back.Special Features:
- New MenuBillRide2Eat1Dined on 7/2/2014Smoked Chicken Pasta is a dish that is so good, I had to order it again! The blend of Tasso ham, smoked chicken, herbs, and Alfredo like garlic cream sauce is extraordinary! The Kobe beef short rib dish...Wow! The portion was huge, adding cold Soba noodles was genius. The meat was perfectly cooked, it broke apart with ease and melted in your mouth! The wine selection is a dream come true at Spagio. Ask for Colin, this guy has grapes running through his vains! His knowledge of wine and the interesting points of history related to the wine is extraordinary and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MashaDined on 7/1/2014We appreciated your honoring our request for a quiet corner - not easy at Spagios. The meat loaf serving was overwhelming - could you offer a half serving? Puttanesca (one of our favorites) was a bit spicy for our taste. The waiter was very accommodating. We were a party of nine and everyone left happy. Thank you. Marilyn ScanlanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not timed wellMrsVDined on 6/29/2014The server was well aware we were going to a concert after dinner and were on a schedule. We allowed 2 1/2 hours so it shouldn't have been a problem. We had to search for her to get our check and she never came back and offered dessert. Her check was short four desserts and dessert wines to go along with it.Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the SPAGIO reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2014LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.......the Food, service and atmosphere are outstanding! A true Columbus Staple........HIGHLY reccommend AAA++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem!jscalise3613Dined on 6/20/2014So glad I found this on Google! The food was delicious, service was good, and the prices were very reasonable. Also, they have a good drink list. Many things to choose from. We didn't get dessert and I regret it! They looked amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMarkDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day Brunch. The food was marginal at best. Very unusual as we have always had excellent food and service.
- GodGirl73Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at Spagio. Took our son here for birthday dinner. Very good food, service and atmosphere. Afterwards, we strolled through Grandview on a lovely evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2014Had a great experience from the first introduction to the time we exited. Everyone very friendly and helpful. Food was wonderful! Ambience was great. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Spagio Consistently DelightsDiscriminatingDinerDined on 5/31/2014We have always considered Spagio one of our favorite dining destinations. Celebrating my husband's retirement, he chose Spagio for our private special dinner to cheer this milestone. We were seated immediately on arrival having an OpenTable reservation - that even surprised us on a Saturday at prime time. Our server was wonderful, friendly and very efficient. Food never disappoints, and we enjoyed a very special Oregon Pinot Noir. I should add that the menu provides many creative vegetarian dining options - perfect for one family member. It was a memorable dining experience and affirmation of why Spagio is always a great choice!Special Features:
- Simply the bestEuropeanwenchDined on 5/25/2014You can't find better food more lovingly prepared and served. The dining is exquisite . The decor could use some updating, but who's complaining?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.