1295 Grandview Ave
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spagio.com/spagio/index.html
- Phone: 6144861114x1
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Chef Hubert Seifert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have 30 years of experience ranging from intimate gatherings to complex galas for 2000. We want to provide the highest quality cuisine paired with impeccable service to make your next event a memorable affair. From creative menu design to theme, decor, entertainment & venue selection, let our expert staff take the worry out of your special occasion. Depending upon your needs, our signature services include fully staffed parties of all sizes, as well as convenient pick-up or delivery. We look forward to helping you with your event! Heather Hewitt, Catering Director.
- Private Party Facilities: SPAGIO is the perfect place for birthdays, rehearsal dinners, showers, celebrations and gatherings. We host larger parties in our dinning rooms and they are a huge hit. We work with you on creating a menu that is perfect for your guest list. These rooms are not completely private since they flow with the rest of our restaurant.
For a completely private and more upscale venue, please ask about Aubergine Private Dinner Club.
- Private Party Contact: Helga Seifert 6144861114x1
A word from SPAGIO
SPAGIO is casual fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Grandview for over 30 years. Our goal is to create a comfortable, fun, & eclectic environment, where people can enjoy the freshest international cuisine as well as each other’s company. Our focus is to use the freshest ingredients, especially local when possible. We invite you to browse the many ways Chef Hubert has created venues to explore all aspects of food & wineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
SPAGIO - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
SPAGIO reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (39)good for groups (36)great for lunch (29)romantic (21)hot spot (20)great for brunch (20)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Best server everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything about Spagio was great, but our server was the best ever. He made the experience perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad WalleyeTraveler7Dined on 9/20/20143 of us ordered the Walleye and it was so overcooked it had to be cut with a knife! When I informed our server, she said I'll tell the chef. No" can I get you something else or we'll take it off your bill, but would you care for dessert?" Next time (maybe) we'll all have pasta or pizza. Please share this with Chef Hubert. We dined? 9/20 @ 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingScottieDined on 9/3/2014went here with friends Wednesday night for dinner. My friends pork chop was tough, my pizza was , not that great, my husbands pasta was just ok. The only good meal out of 4 was the prime rib. Our server was lovely though !
- DisappointingKatsiekooVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Spagio for many years but I doubt that we will go back. The food was bland, fat laden and uninteresting. My husband had the meatloaf but, it was heavy and tasteless and the mashed potatoes were solid with melted butter- not creamy. My calimari also sat in a puddle of grease. It was all served luke warm. The stacked tomato was an odd presentation. The tomato and layered mozzarella cheese were totally hidden by a mound of dry arugula piled on top of the tomato. Kind of a strange sight when it should have been so beautiful. Taste was OK. Bread was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014the service and the friendliness of the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spagio'sWingNutDined on 8/22/2014Looking for a little local flavor? Not a monotonous chain? With a German flair? Where everyone is helpful, knowledgable and empowered? With great food... Spagio's is such a place. I visited from another city. It was great. When can I return?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved SpagioB4FoodDined on 8/20/2014While visiting Columbus for a business meeting a colleague and I had a terrific meal experience at Spagio. I enjoy finding unique locations by using OpenTable when traveling and Spagio was the perfect find only 3.5 miles from downtown. We ate on the sidewalk/patio and enjoyed the atmosphere and energetic "neighborhood" feel. The beets and goat cheese were terrific as well as the Tomato Biscuit. I'm not a real fan of lamb, however my colleague ordered the New Zealand Rack of Lamb which I tried and I could have eaten it all myself. I had the strip steak substituting the potatoes au gratin (no problem) for the fries accompanied by sliced tomatoes drizzled in balsamic glaze. The staff was extremely pleasant and our waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and quiet atmosphere -- we were a party of six and had a great time talking and laughing without difficulty hearing one another or disturbing others.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentdsperkDined on 8/15/2014Went late with 2 others to this long standing neighborhood restaurant. Not crowded at all as was nearing closing. Despite this service was excellent with a friendly helpful waitress. Although the menu is not exotic there is wonderful variety from meatloaf comfort food to specials like the various tomato based dishes this time around. All was fresh and well balanced. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting atmosphereTracyNDined on 8/7/2014On a recent mid-week evening, I took several colleagues to a business dinner. The staff provided enough distance for us to have conversations and were very attentive. The atmosphere was ideal in that it the noise levels were low-to moderate and created the sense that we had a just the right mix of privacy while being out in public. The food was outstanding from the the presentation to the taste. Wonderful evening, even if it was for work.Special Features:
- great but needs ice creamnothingDined on 8/5/2014Food and desserts are wonderful. The only thing missing is ice cream in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apps were really goodelskerfoodDined on 7/26/2014While the menu was diverse, the overall taste of the food was okay. The appetizers were the best part. The entree's lacked cohesive flavors and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't buy the martinisdrt477Dined on 7/26/2014Dinner special $25.00. Vodka martini $13.50. I was shocked to see one martinin was more than half of the cost of a three course meal.Special Features:
- consistently excellentChefdOrVIPDined on 7/24/2014they never stop producing incredibly good food for a reasonable amount of money. service is friendly and knowledgeable. It is just a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPAGIO Scores big!MarcoDined on 7/24/2014Do you love to eat Italian food, but lately you've found yourself tired of the same old meals at the same old place? That's where I was at until I discovered SPAGIO! Having been borne into an Italian-American family I grew up with only the finest of this cuisine. Dining in SPAGIO helped me recapture the thrill of Italian food because of their truly exceptional recipes, comfortably modern atmosphere, and gifted staff. I've made SPAGIO a new family tradition, make it one of yours today!Special Features:
- Dine at Spagio, drinks at wine barRKingDined on 7/18/2014My date and I were there Friday at 9pm for dinner and drinks. Service was perfect from the time we pulled up to when we walked out of the door. I asked about the wine bar to our server and she had Colin come over from the Spagio Wine bar (connected but different). After a great meal we walked "next door" to the wine bar and thanks to Colin and Mike I was treated to the best bar, dining, client service experience I have ever had. Keep in mind I am a 31 yr old guy on a date at a wine bar saying this... Young, old and in between, if you have never been to Spagio, for lunch, dinner or to the wine bar, do your self a favor.. make a reservation today.Special Features:
- group kept growingyumyumDined on 7/13/2014Starting with 6 our group grew to twelve and the restaurant accommodated us well. Knowing it was a business dinner we had a back room table and service that was attentive but nor intrusive. The wine was decanted , the appetizers and entrées were tasty and more than adequate. I had the 14 ounce pork chop and it was enough for two. I did manage to gnaw all the meat off the bone first before offering anyone else a bite. Honest talk from thirty year business friends; lots of laughs, great ideas and honest disagreements made possible by the ambience, food and surroundings.Special Features:
- Tasty food and great servicedining4funDined on 7/12/2014Menu variety was wide enough to fit my party's wide tastes, and service and quality was very good... will return. We dined on the patio which was nice except for the senior couple who thought it was ok to dine with their two small dogs near us who became agitated as other dogs walked nearby. Prices were reasonable and what you expect. Nathaniel was our server and he was excellent... very attentive, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- A special occasion enhancedDiscriminatingDinerDined on 7/10/2014When making my Open Table reservation, I mentioned two things - that it was my mother's 80th birthday dinner and that we had one member of our party who is a vegetarian eating fish, but with a milk allergy. From the moment we arrived the hostess warmly made my mother feel special about her birthday. After all we were making a fuss over her... And nice that the Spagio team were part of that too. When our server greeted us, he had clearly been briefed in advance and made a real effort to ensure that not only the birthday girl was pampered, but also all the vegetarian options minus dairy were identified. He went out of his way to bring her olive oil for bread when there was butter for most... A delightful, delicious and very memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in a whileWheel1Dined on 7/10/2014Fantastic food- the rack of lamb was excellent! Service was also good. All in all, one of the best dining experiences I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014What's not to LOVE about Spagio............the food, service and atmosphere are impeccable! HIGHLY Recommend.........AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinksOhioFoodieDined on 7/3/2014I had the seafood stew which was delicious. My husband had the wood fired duck pizza which was also very good. We had the Moscow Mule and the Aperlo cocktail, both tasted wonderful. The service was great. Unfortunately, we did not have room for the decadent desserts, but we will be back.Special Features:
- New MenuBillRide2Eat1Dined on 7/2/2014Smoked Chicken Pasta is a dish that is so good, I had to order it again! The blend of Tasso ham, smoked chicken, herbs, and Alfredo like garlic cream sauce is extraordinary! The Kobe beef short rib dish...Wow! The portion was huge, adding cold Soba noodles was genius. The meat was perfectly cooked, it broke apart with ease and melted in your mouth! The wine selection is a dream come true at Spagio. Ask for Colin, this guy has grapes running through his vains! His knowledge of wine and the interesting points of history related to the wine is extraordinary and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MashaDined on 7/1/2014We appreciated your honoring our request for a quiet corner - not easy at Spagios. The meat loaf serving was overwhelming - could you offer a half serving? Puttanesca (one of our favorites) was a bit spicy for our taste. The waiter was very accommodating. We were a party of nine and everyone left happy. Thank you. Marilyn ScanlanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not timed wellMrsVDined on 6/29/2014The server was well aware we were going to a concert after dinner and were on a schedule. We allowed 2 1/2 hours so it shouldn't have been a problem. We had to search for her to get our check and she never came back and offered dessert. Her check was short four desserts and dessert wines to go along with it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2014LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.......the Food, service and atmosphere are outstanding! A true Columbus Staple........HIGHLY reccommend AAA++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem!jscalise3613Dined on 6/20/2014So glad I found this on Google! The food was delicious, service was good, and the prices were very reasonable. Also, they have a good drink list. Many things to choose from. We didn't get dessert and I regret it! They looked amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMarkDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day Brunch. The food was marginal at best. Very unusual as we have always had excellent food and service.
- GodGirl73Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at Spagio. Took our son here for birthday dinner. Very good food, service and atmosphere. Afterwards, we strolled through Grandview on a lovely evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2014Had a great experience from the first introduction to the time we exited. Everyone very friendly and helpful. Food was wonderful! Ambience was great. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the SPAGIO reviews archive.
- Spagio Consistently DelightsDiscriminatingDinerDined on 5/31/2014We have always considered Spagio one of our favorite dining destinations. Celebrating my husband's retirement, he chose Spagio for our private special dinner to cheer this milestone. We were seated immediately on arrival having an OpenTable reservation - that even surprised us on a Saturday at prime time. Our server was wonderful, friendly and very efficient. Food never disappoints, and we enjoyed a very special Oregon Pinot Noir. I should add that the menu provides many creative vegetarian dining options - perfect for one family member. It was a memorable dining experience and affirmation of why Spagio is always a great choice!Special Features:
- Simply the bestEuropeanwenchDined on 5/25/2014You can't find better food more lovingly prepared and served. The dining is exquisite . The decor could use some updating, but who's complaining?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spagio - May 25, 2014ImjadaraM46Dined on 5/25/2014Have always loved Spagio and enjoyed great dinners and brunches there. But very disappointed with our experience on May 25, . Seated promptly at round table for our group of seven, per our request. Downhill from there. Waitress was brusque, almost cranky, for nearly entire meal. We waited a very long time for beverages, appetizers/salads, & entrees. The Sunday highly-touted special - oven-roasted Gerber half chicken - was overcooked - the breast meat was completely dried out. Beet salad was very good. The desserts we had raved about to out-of-town guests were just okay but wished we had gone next door to Jeni's Ice Cream. Spagio either had inferior kitchen and front-of-house staff that night - or, it is not the restaurant it once was.Special Features:
- Great dinner, confusing dessertsdindinwinDined on 5/23/2014Three of us were celebrating a friend's birthday. We ordered the short rib with soba noodles, the pear and gorgonzola pizza, and the pork belly with smoked gouda pizza. All of those were wonderful, and the service was friendly and very attentive. Dessert, however, left two of us a bit puzzled. An "off the menu" selection was apple pie. It looked delicious; however, the person said the pastry was powdery and reminded him of a store-bought pie. I ordered the sacher torte. I was expecting a slice of cake. What I received was delicious, but it was more like a cheesecake in consistency, and it had been cut with a ring mold and surrounded by white chocolate. Overall, delicious, but I've had better desserts.Special Features:
- DisappointingKkd05Dined on 5/17/2014My expectations were higher for the food than reality. We had a party of 13, and most of the food was mediocre. The pizzas were not wood fired as the menu indicated and the toppings were ok. The crab cake eggs Benedict was ok. The calamari appetizer was very good, and the fruit purée for the waffles was delicious. The rolls were the best... Tasted just like German broetchen. The desserts by ghyslain were wonderful. The service was good and atmosphere was very nice. We had a great time but probably wouldn't make the effort to visit again.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAnnie123Dined on 5/16/2014Spagio's can always be counted on to deliver great food, great service and an overall great dining experience. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Very goodGusCavDined on 5/16/2014Service and food was very good. Recommend to others for brunch, lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Re-discovered Spagio after several years. Remembered why it was our favorite restaurant. Great food, outstanding service, excellent wine list, and great value - try the Sunday roast chicken special, can't be beat. Certainly at the top of our favorite restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mother's Day DinnerJeremyDined on 5/11/2014I'm always a little apprehensive to bring the kids to a "nice" restaurant, but Spagio was wonderful. One of my kids had fallen asleep on the way there, and without asking the hostess seated us in a table with a bench on one side, allowing us to lay him down and enjoy our meal. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. And as always, the food was wonderful. And you can't visit Spagio without trying one (or a few) of their terrific desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I had the Gerber Roasted Chicken! It was sooooooo good, the meat was juicy and tender, the skin had lots of flavor and a nice crisp to it and the chicken tasted REALLY fresh! The mashed potatoes were really good as well and tasted home-made. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.