1651 W. Foothill BLVD
Upland, CA 91786Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spaggis.com/
- Phone: 9095790497
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: 5:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Henry Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Spaggi's
Everyday at Spaggi"s is a new culinary experience, where Executive Chef and Owner Henry Gonzalez dishes up delightful, surprising and delicious Italian Cuisine, also offering a wide range of Steaks and Seafood. "Just like people, food should be beautiful from the inside out." he says. The result is Spaggi's award-winning menu that bring customers from all over Southern California coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Spaggi's - Best Restaurants in Upland ›
Spaggi's reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (30)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Just go ...DDAAVIPDined on 10/11/2014Just go, if you enjoy delightful dining experiences & exceptional service ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FOOD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We got seated in a nice romantic table for me and my wife. Everyone was very friendly. Waitress came to take our order. We already knew we wanted the lobster and mussels risotto for an app. and beef wellington for entree. We order bottled water instead of house water. As we were waiting I noticed my fork has spaghetti sauce on it. Called the waitress over and she replaced or and apologized. Brought our bottled water in a fancy red bottle and poured it for us. We drank a little and than the buss boy comes by and fillsor glasses with house water! ! Waitress takes care of it! Food comes out and is Absolutely Delicious! ! I highly recommend to anyone looking for a fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine1Dined on 9/28/2014Just ok food. We selected this place after reading reviews. My. Food was so hot, I could not eat it . It seemed like it was done before everyone in our party and it was reheated. I would go somewhere else .
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing as always. Sauces & textures work well. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lovely experience!jw1939Dined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating my birthday, and it was a perfect evening. Great menu for all tastes so everyone was happy!Wait staff attentive!Special Features:
- pleasedbestDined on 9/26/2014Was the best I ever had in a long time, grate for alone time with someone you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysMarkmanVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is a restaurant we go to often and always great a great meal with good service. Henry (Chef) is not only doing great food at Spaggi's but is also giving back to the community and social issues that are important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodmlpeace2uDined on 9/20/2014Spaggi's has delicious food! The server, manager, restaurant, chef, all were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and will be back soon!SerRN12Dined on 9/3/2014The food and service here was incredible!! The lasagna di carne was the the best lasagna I have ever had! Went for an anniversary and we were more than pleased at the romantic atmosphere and rich Italian food. Chef Henry came to our table and introduced himself which was so nice! My boyfriend and I will be back and we'll bring our friends and family too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The food was delicious. Excellent Italian food. I took my mother here for lunch. She loved hers as well. The decor and the atmosphere was very nice for lunch. Our waiter could have been a bit more attentive. I felt he was not interested in serving us. I was a little disappointed in that. Other than the not-so-great service, we really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't Miss It!PasadenaPamDined on 8/16/2014Been here twice for tastings for catered event Night on the Plaza in Glendora. First time here for dinner. Many great items to choose from on the menu and many specials. special wedge salad was delicious. Lobster Ravioli (minus the lemon in the sauce-my request) was devine. Everyone loved their choices. We will be back. Thank you Chef Henri.Special Features:
- DisappointedmrluckeyDined on 8/15/2014We had gone to Spaggi's shortly after they first opened many years ago, and had been there a number of times since and were quite happy with our meals. But the last 2 times have been a disappointment. The food is not bad, but only OK. Of our 3 main courses, only 1 got more than a few bites. And the food portions on appetizers are so small it was ridiculous, especially considering the very high price. Service was excellent and attentive on the plus side. All in all, I could no longer recommend them, being very overpriced for the quality of food received.
- Anniversary dinnerhdhunDined on 8/10/2014A very nice restaurant for a special occasion. Very small/intimate inside and not the greatest view outside. Nice ambiance and decor. Excellent service and food!Special Features:
- Outstanding Local GenRandPDined on 8/2/2014Though situated in a strip mall in Upland, this intimate restaurant is a favorite for locals. All of its items on the menu and daily specials we have tried are beautifully prepared and perfectly cooked. The service is friendly and attentive. Chef Henry frequently makes a point of visiting your table and accommodates your wishes. They also do an amazing catering business which we used for our wedding.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!WowwwVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time dining here. The service, ambience, and food were excellent. A very quiet/romantic setting. Our waitress was extremely knowledgable and she knew every item on the menu inside and out. The food was delicious, salad, lobster ravioli and red velvet cake were amazing all amazing. The chef even came to greet each table to make sure we were satisfied with our experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend this to allNightsoutDined on 8/1/2014To those foodies that are in the Upland area looking for a good place to sit and relax, have a wonderful meal and enjoy. Recommend this to all my friends who live closeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 7/29/2014Great food and exceptional friendly service!!!! You can always count on this Neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Spaggi's!shawnbDined on 7/25/2014The food at Spaggi's is wonderful, presentation wonderful, service wonderful. Top of our list for special family occasions or fine dining with friends.Special Features:
- After 12 years still greatdohomerDined on 7/24/2014Took cooking class here about 12 years ago, then moved to Kansas City. Food was great then, and is great today. Large menu, but extensive list of specials. Entrees ranged from $20-$40. The only criticism was that they do not have a full bar - lots of wines though. I will return the next time we're back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMarkmanVIPDined on 7/11/2014As usual, this is an excellent choice for a nice dinner.... celebrated out anniversary this night, and had a great meal!Special Features:
- Hidden neighborhood gemAddicted2foodDined on 7/10/2014What a great evening. The service and food were fabulous! The wine list was extensive and had a huge range which we like. We will be back and tell others of the great good and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but not appreciatedkrysDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant serves the best food and with class! I hope it was a quiet saturday night because of the 4th of July! It deserves to have a full house but there were a very few that were there when we visited. Please visit this restaurant and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014I have been to Spaggi's many times and always have had a stellar experience with the food and service. Henry Gonzales does a superb job at as owner of this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the Spaggi's reviews archive.
- Superb MealGSRBDined on 6/13/2014If visiting for dinner, make sure you don't have breakfast or lunch that day, because you'll want to order pretty much everything on the menu. Portions are generous and the quality of the ingredients, cooking, and presentation are flawless. Do order something as an appetizer (you'll be pleased), and I'll happily recommend the "Genovese" (Italian pot roast over noodles with vegetables). Oh, the tapenade served with the bread was so good we asked to add a small container of it to our bill so we could enjoy some at home the next day...delicious! I'd love to be able to comment on any of the many delicious-looking desserts they brought around on a tray, but unfortunately didn't have enough room left to even share one. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare findLV2bsurprisedDined on 5/27/2014This small place is a gem. Four different people, four different dishes and four raves about each dish. Don't be shy try something new from their menu or a wonderful special! Save room for dessert, even if you choose the gelato you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Most memorable!krysDined on 5/24/2014Went for our 39th anniversary and the night was special as I hoped for. Spaggi's class of food is on a level of its own. The chef is absolutely fantastic with years of experience. Wine/champagne both very good. Excellent wine list! In one word: CLASS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Graduation PartySimplehealthytastebudVIPDined on 5/17/2014Had seventeen people in a private room to celebrate college graduation. Everything was excellent, the food, the service, the ambiance. Delicious. We'd never heard of this place, but we will be back the next time we are visiting the Claremont Colleges!
- Graduation TraditionmilkmanVIPDined on 5/16/2014After spending three days in Pasadena for the Universities graduations since 2007 we always stop here for a great lunch. Three of our party got north american pasta special and I got the european. Food was outstanding along with the service. We closed out their lunch service and never felt rushed. Highly recommend anytime you can get there.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceSLS4MEDined on 5/13/2014This is the only inland empire restaurant I have found that serves Beef Wellington. Waiters have a great attitude and provide excellent service. Do not recommend for young children. Chef comes out to chat with you about your meal. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedHeytofuDined on 5/11/2014We were a little concerned about this place for its location and the fact that I was able to get a reservation for Mother's Day dinner the night before Mother's Day. It turned out to be pretty good! Wife had beef Wellington. The meat was cooked well and tender although pastry was not flakey. She didn't like the crab cake in the Wellington since it was kind of fishy. The lamb chop I got was ok. Think I'll get the rib eye next time though. Server (Olivia?) was great but a bus boy spilled water in my wife's plate while pouring water for her and don't think he apologized. Overall it was above our expectation and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not be betterHardToPleaseDined on 5/10/2014The service and food were as good as it gets. Nothing could have been done to make the meal and service better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in UplandYgsandovalDined on 5/7/2014Wonderful food, great service and excellent ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful specialsArtemisVIPDined on 5/2/2014We are always amazed at the amount of specials featuring fish at Spaggi's and they don't disappoint. Equally interesting are the salads and the desserts. It is always a great place to experience great food. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpaggisHuckDined on 3/29/2014. We were seated for about 20 minutes before anyone was assigned to our table - we kept getting water refiled but no one came by to tell us about specials or ask what we wanted. Since no one had come by I flagged a random waiter who found our server. Once our server was identified the service was not slow. I noticed that the next table got an amuse buche which we did not get - perhaps they were special or our server was not clued in to that. We had the two house recommended dishes osso bucco and the italian pot roast. Both were very hearty and good. The two others in our party, college students, had vegetarian pasta dishes that they enjoyed. Wines are sold at a fairly high mark up for California restaurants.Special Features:
- The Bestjjjj844892VIPDined on 3/22/2014We love Spaggi's. It is our go to place for a quiet dinner or special occasion. We have not had a bad meal at Spaggi's. The chef and staff are always serving up good food and presented beautifully. We had Drew as our server, he is the best. Very attentive and aware of the customers needs and request.Special Features:
- Third time here. Came as recommendaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2014Third time here. Came as recommendation from a friend a little while back. Has not disappointed. Great service, decent wine list. Owner is very attentive. You can tell local come back over and over. We both had the lasagna. Very Very good. We will see you again Spaggi's!.
- VIEWMimiDined on 3/14/2014MAYBE IMPROVE THE VIEW OUTSIDE BY BLOCKING IT....IT'S ONLY A PARKING LOT. THE NIGHT WE WERE THERE A YOUNG GROUP OF LOUD AND MISCHEIVIOUS GROUP OF BOYS WERE IN THE FRONT OF THE RESTAURANT FOR FAR TOO LONG, BEING LOUD AND RUDE WITH VULGUR LANGUAGE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow things have changed in one yearMikeBDined on 3/9/2014Quality has lessened over the last year. What was once a nice treat to drive an hour to get to is now up to debate. They catered our wedding so they have a special place in our heart with my wife and I. Flavors are still there but quality and presentation is now lacking. Waiting staff were good though my wife had to ask repeatedly to one server for Splenda which he still forget until she called him out. I don't know what's going on but Chef Henry's crew needs a pep talk or he needs to clean house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rediscoveryArtemisVIPDined on 3/7/2014We decided to revisit Spaggi's after a long interval. We first dined with friends right after their opening, and didn't really return until now. What a delightful surprise. The food was fantastic, the service was great and it was a wonderful dining experience. There were so many specials it was a hard decision, but the Sea Bass was a great choice. The salad was also wonderful. We are looking forward to returning, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodNobumasaVIPDined on 3/5/2014Average food. It is OK for special occasion when we need quiet place to discuss matters with friends.Special Features: