Sozo American Cuisine
110 S 2nd Ave
Kearney, NE 68847Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sozo American Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sozokearney.com/
- Phone: 3084553444
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am-10:30am
Breakfast Buffet: Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am-10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Travis Evans
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room is in the back of the restaurant and can seat up to 30. Great place for rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and business meetings.
A word from Sozo American Cuisine
Sozo American Cuisine is Kearney's favorite place to dine. Our Scratch kitchen uses the freshest ingredients and as much locally sourced meat's and produce as possible from right here in Nebraska. From fresh salads to gourmet sandwiches, and brick oven pizzas to fresh seafood, our kitchen has the best selection for any occasion. Try our infused cocktails, Nebraska beers and extensive wine list while entertaining your guest with the best ambiance around. Also try us out for catering or use our private room to host your next event. Sozo American Cuisine is where Kearney comes to Sip. Savor. Repeat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sozo American Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Kearney ›
Sozo American Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014I've eaten at Sozo 3 times now and I keep going back. I usually eat a full dinner but this time I wanted to try their pizza. Being a big fan of crab rangoon, I gave their version of this treat on a pizza, a try. The pizza crust was very good, the white sauce was good but there was WAY too much Sweet Asian Chili sauce on it. It completely overpowered the other flavors. I never even tasted the crab or cream cheese because of it. If I were to order this again, I would get the sauce on the side. This pizza is a great idea and could be awesome but the execution missed on this one. That said, I love Sozo and I will go back. This is the first thing I've tried there that I didn't care for.Special Features:
- javiDined on 8/2/2014I do not recommended. I have many complains about my experience in this restaurant. Many mistakes with the order, too laud, it took too long between we ordered and food served. I would not make more reservations in Sozo.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Sozo American Cuisine reviews archive.
- Don't miss itLovegoodfoodDined on 6/21/2014Had a lovely and delicious meal with my parents (local) they were delighted and impressed as well. Service was attentive and friendly. Lovely restaurant, a great addition to the Kearney food scene.Special Features:
- great dining experiencefoodiecoupleDined on 4/15/2014We've dined at Sozo many times. The food has been wonderful every time and the presentation is magazine worthy. My husband and I love that we can enjoy fine quisine in the middle of Nebraska. Before, we'd need to drive to Lincoln, Omaha, or Denver. Prices are comparable to local chain restaurants, but at Sozo we get chef creations, not your normal fare.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Have beenErikDined on 4/4/2014Excellent food! Have been there many times and am never disappointed. Would encourage others to go. You get a lot of food for the price.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchTersDined on 3/2/2014The service was a bit slow. The food was excellent. I made the online reservation for 6 on the 2nd and received email confirmation of that reservation on the 5th, days after we had eaten there.,Special Features:
- Always a favoritesamnkeithDined on 2/15/2014This restaruant is a welcome addition to the Kearney scene. You really can't get food like this in western nebraska. We've tried most of the menu by now as it's a favorite spot we frequent often and you can't go wrong with anything. At first glance the menu looks limited but when everything is done WELL and you want to try it all it you realize it is just the right size. As far as appetizers go the lettuce wraps never disappoint and the hot wing dip is decadent and delicious. The curried lobster rosotto is a must-try as well as the crab rangoon pizza and the kale caesar salad. They also do steak very, very well. Desserts and drinks are always stellar. When there is a chef's feature-order it, trust me. You really can't go wrong at Sozo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but overpriced.BradleyJDined on 2/14/2014Service and drinks were excellent. The food, was just alright but the prices are way too high for What it is.Special Features:
- Valentines DayHuskertanDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines Day dinner. The food was outstanding. The service was alright, but a little slow. Our dinner took 2 hours from the time we sat down to the time we got the check. I was a little disappointed that they were marketing a special valentines day menu but that menu turned out to be nothing more than a couple new desserts. Still a great place to eat, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine DinnerPeajayDined on 2/14/2014We had reservations and were seated immediately. our server was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and hot. The drinks were a great compliment to the dinner. We were very impressed, especially since it was a busy weekend night AND it was Valentine's. We will definitely dine at SoZo again!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBoomerDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I dined at SoZo for New Years Eve. The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding. We have no complaints and would eat there again when visiting in Kearney. BoomerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodthefoodieDined on 12/30/2013Blackened tuna risotto was great and the tuna was cooked perfect medium rare. The seafood paella was very good as well. The crab cakes are a great starter. But unfortunately they have chosen to not have cocktail sauce available. This is very strange for a place that serves seafood, especially when they have chili sauce on numerous dishes as well as horseradish which are the main components of a cocktail sauce. Also when asked for the sauce the owner seemed annoyed which is very strange, especially when you are suppose to serve your customers as well as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on a Busy Dayluv2dineoutDined on 12/20/2013We had lunch after the UNK graduation and most of the restaurant was reserved for graduation parties. In spite of most people showing up about the same time, our service was great! We ordered apitizers that arrived quickly and our meal was equally fast after we ordered. Although the service was fast, we were never rushed and felt very comfortable sitting and enjoying our meal with family and friends. The food was great.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2013Drinks were good but over priced. The food was good, but again overpriced. This restaurant needs to remember it is located in Kearney, NE, not a major metro area.Special Features:
- Great food in the middle of NEBenfromIowaVIPDined on 9/8/2013The restaurant is not what you expect. Fusion, interesting food in the middle of Nebraska. It is inside the Holiday Inn, but it beautifully decorated and quite visually appealing. They do have a sports bar that is also gorgeous but I imagine may get noisy on game days. My friend had a fresh salad with homemade sweet corn fritters and slightly blackened shrimp and a very light but very tasty dressing. It was very good yet very different. I had their brick oven hawaiian pizza that also was unique with fresh ingredients and fresh sweet sausage. It equally any gourmet pizza. I did not try the house favorite 50/50 burger made of 50% chuck, 50% ground bacon, and a fried egg on top.