Soy Asian Cuisine
4331 W 119th Street
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Soy Asian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soyasiancuisine.com/
- Phone: 9133223636
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am-11pm( or to close) Friday & Saturday 11:30am-2am (or to close) Sunday 12:00noon-10:00pm Join us daily for lunch. Enjoy a complimentary appetizer with the purchase of a lunch entree. (11am-4pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jackie Chan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Catering: Please contact the General Manager,Jackie Chan, for detailed information.
- Private Party Facilities: Soy Asian Cuisine has an incredible Mezzanine Level that overlooks the entire restaurant that allows you to enjoy all the elements of Fo Asian Cuisine's dining experience. We can accommodate up to 75 people on the mezzanine or up to to 300 for the entire restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie Chan 9133223636
- Special Events: Please contact the General Manager,Jackie Chan, for detailed information.
A word from Soy Asian Cuisine
Come experience Kansas City's newest hot spot located in Leawood's One-nineteen Shopping Center at 119th and Roe. Soy Asian Cuisine offers a new dining experience from the lush interior design to the elegant chinese and sushi menu. Soy Asian Cuisine's menu is authentic and inspirational,its one of a kind food will keep you coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Soy Asian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- We went with a group and didOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012We went with a group and did family style meal. It was good food and drinks..... But the ambiance might have made us all a little bias. Overall great service and awesome looking place. Nice place for a few drinks and sushi or a full dinner.Special Features:
- Only the sushi was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2012Only the sushi was very good, presentation on the sushi was also great. Unfortunately all the entress were horrible. From Phad Thai to Salmon, to General Tso chicken. We had a table of 20 folks and this was truly the consensus. Please improve the quality of flavor on the entrees!!Special Features:
- Highly recommended!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012Very good and high quality Mexican food. Not ordinary. Nice atmosphere and service too.Special Features:
- They were out of coffee andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2012They were out of coffee and green tea. What Asian restaurant can't serve coffee or green tea on a Friday night? We've given this restaurant now 3 chances. We will not go there again.
- The happy hour menu was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012The happy hour menu was well priced. There were only 2 groups in the restaurant including us. But since we were a big group that didn't bother us. The cocktails were good. The appetizers were good. My main entree was good. My friends didn't like their food as much. Our waiter was nice and kept checking on us regularly.Special Features:
- This was our second time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012This was our second time here since it's become Soy Asian Cuisine. As with the first time, the food was absolutely tasteless. No salt, no seasonings, just totally bland. My kids's lo mein tasted like pure sesame oil and my potatoes had no flavor at all. We will not eat there again.
- Re-opened version, very good,LalalaVIPDined on 8/2/2012Re-opened version, very good, everyone was great, need to try it freshest Sushi in KC Great prices and very up scale presentation we will be back Have told several friends alreadySpecial Features:
- Fantastic atmosphere. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2012Fantastic atmosphere. Food was good, but enjoyed the previous menu of Fo Thai better. Great place for dinner and drinks.
- Great sushi - reasonable pricesusafunVIPDined on 7/6/2012Great sushi - reasonable prices - love the ambiance.Special Features:
- This recently renamed restaurantopfoodiesVIPDined on 6/25/2012This recently renamed restaurant (formerly Fo Thai) was designed with a Thai wow factor -- giant Buddha, flowing water with fish, and nice wooden furniture pieces. The lunch deal includes an appetizer from a big list. The price for lunch is very reasonable compared to dinner. There were only a couple other tables of patrons, so not many people must know about the lunch deal. One entree we had was very good, the Pad Thai was fair. No peanut sauce taste. I would suggest giving it a try.Special Features:
- Tried this restaurant forLucybDined on 4/20/2012Tried this restaurant for the first time last week. It was not a good experience. My friend ordered black bean garlic shrimp. It was served luke-warm. Sent it back and it was still luke-warm. I ordered sushi, spicy tuna roll and maguro. The fish was mushy. When I left I saw that the fish refrigerator was sitting on the bar in the sun. No wonder everything was mushy. I'm surprised I didn't get sick. Won't be going back.
- No one greeted us once weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2012No one greeted us once we were seated for almost 10 minutes (not even water). Our server gave us the option of sharing dishes or not. We opted for "not". Two people in our party received their meals 30 minutes before the other two people. Our server blamed this initially on how the kitchen is set up for family style meals but after the wait became ridiculous he blamed it on the fact that I had ordered the most popular dish on the menu. Based on our wait for both service and food, it seemed to me that both the kitchen and the wait staff were understaffed for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- The atmosphere here took meOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012The atmosphere here took me away from Kansas City. Felt like we were on vacation. The food was good as well. They need to get their act together a bit on wine list and menu. They were out of the first two things we ordered and I noticed the same thing happened to the table next to us.Special Features:
- Amazing space - great ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012Amazing space - great ambiance, although it is incredibly dark. I felt the menu was pretty limited . . .and the drink menu was even worse. Our server was unable to explain how we could order wine by the glass - and then ended up serving us two glasses that cost twice what we had requested. (which did not arrive until our entrees had been served) Food was good, the lazy crepes are delicious. However, I probably would not go back. Service is questionable and the menu was just not that impressive.
- Beautiful venue lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012Does not truly taste like Thai. Tom Yong not flavorful. Great atmosphere with slow bar serviceSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere is amazing.RachelSVIPDined on 1/28/2012The atmosphere is amazing. Looks like a set-up you'd see in LA or Vegas. However, the service was sub-par and the food was nothing special. For the price of food, I was expecting much better quality and presentation. I would go back for drinks and to take in the atmosphere, but not to dine.Special Features:
- The food and ambiance at FoVegfoodieDined on 1/28/2012The food and ambiance at Fo Thai are amazing! A bit pricey, but a great dining experience.Special Features:
- This restaurant is very dark,BenedettimomDined on 1/27/2012This restaurant is very dark, be careful when you walk in! The hostesses were unorganized and shuttled 4-5 groups to lounge instead of seating them, even though there were many empty tables. Our server was friendly and knowledgable, but kept making excuses for why we waited an hour for our lunch. The food was just okay. The only thing that really stood out was the calamari, but only because the sauce was delicious.
- Delicious food! Fine service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2012Delicious food! Fine service. However, the restaurant is TOO dark! It would be nice to see the food, and the person you are dining with!Special Features:
- Food and food selection isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012Food and food selection is great. This was our second time there and enjoyed the meal immensely. A little pricey. Service is just OK. The wait staff are aloof at best - not rude but not very friendly.Special Features:
- Beautiful decor, deliciousKcjenbDined on 1/25/2012Beautiful decor, delicious food. Efficient, pleasant service. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Excellent, interesting fusionPatronDined on 1/24/2012Excellent, interesting fusion of oriental flavors. Everything wonderful. Great ambiance. Real find.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2012This was our first time at Fo Thai. Chose it because they participated in Restaurant Week for Harvesters. Wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable about food. Food was excellent. Restaurant Week menu was outstanding value when compared to menu prices.Special Features:
- Overall, I was disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/22/2012Overall, I was disappointed in this restaurant. The food was just okay, really nothing special. I was not happy with the service; it was slow, the waitress did not seem to be too informed on the menu or able to answer any questions I had. Also, the entire place was dark, too dark almost to see the food and read the menu! I got the feeling that this is one of those places you pay more for the atmosphere (which was interesting from what I could see of it) than the food. I will go elsewhere for Thai food in the future.
- we had the worst experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2012we had the worst experience at this restaurant. The food is average at best and the service is very slow. They shouldn't call this a Thai restaurant because the foods is anything but Thai. The pad thai was very salty and tasteless. We probably could get the same pad thai at Noodles and Company for half the price. The only good thing about this restaurant is the decor.Special Features:
- Too dark. Had to use phoneGerryVIPDined on 1/21/2012Too dark. Had to use phone flashlight to see menu and food.
- Not a place I would go inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2012Not a place I would go in KC for Thai food with so many other local gems, but the atmosphere is very unique and well thought out.
- A "Thai"sty TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2012A wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion like a wedding anniversary. Marvelous ambiance. In addition, excellent appetizer dishes, such as the the curry chicken potstickers and main entrees, including the succulent pan seared peking duck breast. Make it your next memorable meal!Special Features:
- Cold Place and Salty FoodKAHSDined on 1/18/2012The restaurant was cold and the main course I had was salty.
- We found this spot a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2012We found this spot a very cute and fun. We arrived for a late dinner and did not realize that the resturant changed to a night club later. The food was good but we really only needed to order one entree due to the size. I felt the appetizers were a little over priced but good, we had the duck sliders. We will go back to try out the nightlife soon.Special Features:
- We had 4 dishes to share,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012We had 4 dishes to share, 2 were excellent, but 2 were also average. Overall its a fun place. Would recommend for a great night out with friends.Special Features:
- Made reservation thru openOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012Made reservation thru open table and choice was 5:45 or 8pm. Took one of them and then called and got 7pm which is what I needed. Wish I didn't have to take the extra step. Signiture drinks delicious and eating "family" style was great. More than enough food for everyone to enjoySpecial Features:
- fancy looking but over rated.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012Went on a Friday night around 10pm. Place was pretty empty but looked nice. Nothing spectacular about the place other then the nice decor. Food prices were pretty high for whatever reason. Had the pineapple fried rice with shrimp, it was good and had tasty shrimp indeed. Also ordered the pad Thai and it was ok, encore and Thai house in Lawrence make a better dish. Good selection of beers and wines. Oh and I will say that some of the staff did make my girlfriend feel a bit uncomfortable as they kept staring at her, she is a pretty girl but atleast be a bit less obvious guys. Probably writing be back anytime soon and if I do I will try some of their fancier dishes.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012We really enjoyed ourselves at FO Thai! The service staff did a great job and the food is absolutley deliscious.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2012Food was outstanding and service was very quick for the size of crowd. Served family style with large portions and everyone needs to share. There dessert Green Tea Ice Cream is something I would come back for.Special Features:
- The place is reminiscent ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/12/2012The place is reminiscent of the Budda bar in Dubai and has delicious food. The downside is the music was SO loud, ridiculously loud, that we had to lip read. The service was frightful. Hopefully, they can figure it out and be a long standing Leawood restaurant.
- Food was just average. ConsideringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012Food was just average. Considering the quality of the food and pricing, the menu should be broader and also include less expensive options. Otherwise, you are going to have difficulty getting repeat customers.Special Features:
- Night started off great withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2012Night started off great with their house specialty drink, pear ginger martini until we noticed the glass had prior lipstick stains on the martini glass. The food was metriocre and overpriced for what we ordered. I'd never had a fishy tasting Chilean seabass but Fo Thai served one. Wasn't impressed by my experience. But the ambience is great- such cool decor. I felt like I was at TAO in Las Vegas minus the food.
- Something Different!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Very friendly staff. Plates come at different times, which they explain as a good reason to share the different foods. I think it's just a timing issue. Would prefer to enjoy my food while everyone else enjoys theirs. Decor very nice! We were there for New Year's Eve, so things might be a bit different on a regular night.Special Features:
- We ate here for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011We ate here for the first time on New Years Eve. The place feels like you have stepped into an Oasis. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Food was delicious! We loved everything we ordered: house salad, lazy crepes, spice crusted salmon and seafood boulibasse. Two thumbs up and we will definitely be back.Special Features: