696 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sovanabistro.com/
- Phone: 6104445600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Nick Farrell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sovana Bistro is the area's best option for catering. We offer everything from start to finish gourmet meals, office and corporate luncheons, boxed lunches and equisite "to go" desserts. Please inquire within.
- Special Events: Sovana Bistro specializes in making all of your celebrations memorable , whether its a wine dinner, small luncheon, birthday party or corporate function. We can provide off-site catering or in-house dining options. Please contact Abby to discuss planning your next event.
A word from Sovana Bistro
Sovana Bistro has been a staple in the Unionville community since opening in 1998 and has evolved into a highly regarded dining destination. The menu is made up of two sections - our well known "staples" and our always changing "taste of the season". The kitchen creates simple hand-made food, inspired from many areas of the world and seeks to source ingredients that are available in their appropriate season.Continued
The service reflects a gracious approach to hospitality and genuine concern for each and every guest's experience.
The service reflects a gracious approach to hospitality and genuine concern for each and every guest's experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Sovana Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kennett Square ›
Sovana Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)neighborhood gem (113)great for outdoor dining (94)special occasion (91)great for lunch (67)notable wine list (56)romantic (53)hot spot (37)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our waiter, Phil, was knowledgeable, friendly, and all-around superb. Look forward to returning! Food was excellent.Special Features:
- A favorite!PaulDined on 9/18/2014Great food, knowledgable and friendly staff! The heaters were on in the patio and it was very pleasant out there!Special Features:
- Delightful LunchKImperialeDined on 9/17/2014Lovely atmosphere and very good food. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleVIPDined on 9/16/2014As always some dishes were outstanding. Others mediocreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShadowDined on 9/13/2014Have been to Sovano Bistro regularly since it opened. We always love the food...adn they were one of th epioneers of the seasonal and locally sourced food movement. Presentation and taste are always top notch. It is consistently good and yet surprises with seasonal menu changes and daily specials. Service is always very good too. We love to dine outside (covered and heat lamps so most of the year this is an oprion) where it is quieter...and the restaurant has always managed to honor that request. Love the byob option (and great list also).Special Features:
- Outstanding in Chester CountyFoodie55VIPDined on 9/11/2014Truly a great dining experience. Have lived in the area for 22 yrs & eaten at Sovana from time to time. It has only gotten better over the yrs. Food quality, presentation, service & wine list are all superb! Thanks for a great meal. We really enjoyed "restaurant week"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good neighborhood optionPoppaSmurfVIPDined on 9/11/2014Really good food. Excellent suggestions throughout the $40 price fix menu. Why four stars? 1. The table was ridiculously small. I wise-cracked about it to the hostess, who left us where she put us. With a reservation, we were at the very back of the restaurant, across from the kitchen. Probably not the worst table in the place, but not by much. 2. The chef sent out a tasting which contains mushrooms. My wife is deathly allergic to mushrooms - no way for them to know, and it is Kennett Square - but might have asked before putting the plates on the table. Would dine here again, except 45 minutes from the house. Will save it for when I've run out of other ideas.Special Features:
- MarieDined on 9/10/2014We always have a great experience whenever we dine at Sovano Bistro's. The food is excellent no matter what you order. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delivers value & great tastePhilly123VIPDined on 9/10/2014Sovana is a favorite. The menu changes and is always interesting. Staff always knowledgeable and courteous but not overly friendly, just very professional. Food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Recommended - - did not disappoint!SupernannaDined on 9/7/2014First time visitors. Very pleased with the quality of food and the service. Would gladly return for another visit as well as recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DottyJVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was outstanding. The noise level was deafening.Special Features:
- Nice placeKennettSquareResidentDined on 9/6/2014I really like the setting and the overall ambiance. It's elegant, yet casual. Service and food are really good. Dessert, however, was quite a disappointment. Too sweet. The three of us all had the same, and none of us could finish it.Special Features:
- 3 hits; one strikeout75pctgoodDined on 9/5/2014Four of us, - enjoyed drinks and dinners with one exception. the pork special was very small. At $26 it left a bad taste. Menu while tasty is pricey. Save for special occasions .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealSarraDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went to Sovana Bistro to celebrate our 28th anniversary of meeting prior to falling in love and marrying. As part of the submission through OpenTable I indicated this and aside from the meal being wonderful as it always is, the (excellent and well trained as always) staff went above and beyond to make our meal special. Our desserts even came to the table with a lit candle and one was compliments of the house. It was a special night.Special Features:
- National Account ManagerbasolinaDined on 9/5/2014Lunch special is always excellent!!! Food was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Trip...SerialDinersDined on 9/2/2014Innovative menu, reasonable prices (especially Fixed Prix offering) and good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimandDonnaDined on 8/31/2014Good food, wait staff a little young, patrons sit too close. Hard to have a private conversation. Took forever to get entree but waitress gave us free drinks without any comment from us. We figure this was unusual. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the very bestbarbieDined on 8/31/2014Sovana is innovative and outstanding. Clearly the best restaurant. I haven't found one better worldwide. Sovana should be noted in all of the travel periodicals.Special Features:
- Not writing anymoreSteveWCDined on 8/31/2014I am out of the free review business. I found I lost all my points because I hadn't used your service in a year. You are damn near impossible to contact.Special Features:
- too loudMImisaysooolalafiaDined on 8/30/2014WE have enjoyed the Bistro many times but Saturday night in the room to the right of the entrance was way too loud and very unpleasant. And for the first time, I found the food to be mediocre. I had the clam bake pizza and it was just fair. Too salty and nothing special. The Bistro has always been special. The calamari were over fried and hard. My companions had the chicken which was dry and the small game bird special, which happily, he said was terrific. Not rushing back to the Bistro soon. Lunch may be the way to go. Wondering if the usual chef had the weekend off? Making some sort of adjustment to soften the noise level would be welcome.
- jimboyDined on 8/30/2014Tables are too close together for reasonable conversation with your party due to the noise level on a very busy night. It would be difficult to have a romantic experience with the above mentioned situation. However, that will not interfere with my return.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Once again we had a great meal at Sovana. We requested to sit outside and despite being late, they had maintained our table with no problems. The server was very good at explaining the specials and drinks with just the right amount of detail. The food was fantastic, especially the seasonal options.Special Features:
- Awesomeartist2Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful as always. Asked for a window table out of the way and got just what we wanted. Our waiter came right over and brought water. We asked for lemon which he forgot twice but the busboy brought it right over. Everything else was perfect. The Heirloom tomato bisque was out of this world and the arctic char was prepared perfectly. I have only good things to say about our experience and I'd go back I an instant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely outside patioLauraVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was a lovely day, so my friend and I ate o the patio. We had a delicious lunch; the salads eere perfect (beet and house) and we had pizzas. I had the clambake which was innovative and tasty. My friend had the broccoli which she really enjoyed. Dessert was a mixed bag. I had the blueberry pie; the filling was delicious and tart but the crust was bland, and the creme fraiche and oatmeal ice cream accompaniments were also bland. It might have been better with a tart sorbet or a thinner crust. My friend loved her goat cheese cheesecake. The service was excellent as alwaysI would recommend this to a friend.
- loved our lunch2dinedelciouslyDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had a delicious lunch at Sovana Bistro. Even though it is in a small business/shopping center, once inside you would never know it. The decor is rustic and interesting and there is an outdoor side porch that is shaded by shrubs and an awning. This gives it a private backyard feel. I had a wonderful pizza with corn, feta cheese, cilantro, salami and a few jalapeno's that added flavor but didn't leave my mouth burning. My cocktail, a cantaloupe cucumber gimlet, was quite tasty. My husband, a beer drinker, was happy to have a Yards IPA and a corned beef sandwich with rutabaga sauerkraut. The sandwich came with a perfectly dressed salad. My husband summed it up: "this will be a good place to hang when we retire." Agreed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place...GmanDined on 8/22/2014What a great atmosphere in this hidden gem, great food and terrific service. Interesting cocktail drink menu was one of the best I've ever seen and the menu has a wide range of great food for all. I'll be returning any chance I can.Special Features:
- The BestAbesbesrfoodDined on 8/22/2014I've been here at least 20 times for lunch and dinner, large groups and small. I have NEVER had an unsatisfactory experience. Food is exquisite, relaxed but professional service.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful choice!IgiveupDined on 8/16/2014Our party of three chose to dine on the side patio which was quiet and lovely. Service was excellent, the luncheon menu was (as always) filled with wonderful suggestions, and the choices we made were superb - delicious, beautifully presented, excellent portion size. Sovana has been a favorite of ours for many years, and they continue to be top notch!Special Features:
- Always goodJoyousDined on 8/15/2014We love Sovana Bistro and try to get there once or twice a year. The food is always outstanding and they always accommodate my gluten free dietary restrictions. They had a fabulous gluten free dessert also. Now just hope they get a GF pizza crust and GF bread! We love that it's a BYOB but The only negative thing is their $8.00 corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!BetsyDined on 8/14/2014The hostess was wonderfully accommodating when our group was larger than originally planned. Our server was knowledgeable and very helpful. We had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/13/2014Our favorite restaurant...... best food in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant food.thegreatestdadDined on 8/9/2014The food was delicious and your "Nutrageous" ice cream is the bestSpecial Features:
- Seasonal TouchesRprjr1211VIPDined on 8/8/2014Celebrated our 15th anniversary here while staying in the area. Had a wonderful dinner full of seasonal flavors - chilled cantaloupe soup and summer fettuccine. Our server was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Always love this placeMvv63Dined on 8/8/2014Come here often and never disappointed. Everything is inventive, from cocktails to dessert, food is beyond good....fresh ingredients, amazingly well prepared. love it.. Service is always extremely professional yet friendly and often entertaining as well. Just can't say enough about this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Always goodWestChesterDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always enjoy our meals at Sovana. Had the Margherita pizza to share, good but a tad underdone. The special panzanella salad was just ok, it was small for the price and we didn't care for the Parmesan butter that was on it. Our guest enjoyed his apple salad. The suckling pig entree was excellent, I enjoyed the eggplant and kimchi that came with it more than the pork. The others in our party had the Spanish mackerel and liked it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Next time, we'll probably choose to be seated outside due to the noise level inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rudyDined on 7/31/2014went on a thursday evening and it was bustling. good wine and excellent food. very noisy, however; could use some acoustic re-engineering. highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentgem57Dined on 7/31/2014We went with friends to celebrate a milestone. Food was outstanding and the service attentive. The creme brûlée was the best we've had anywhere. A bit expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local foodSnoopyDined on 7/29/2014The food is very good and uses lovcal farm produce. Interesting combination of flavors. The lunch express special is a great bargain.Special Features:
- Excellent!ElizabethVIPDined on 7/26/2014Sovana Bistro's food and service are consistently good. I've been there for lunch and dinner many times and never have been disappointed.Special Features: