Souvlaki GR - LES
116 Stanton St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Souvlaki GR - LES
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.souvlakigr.com/
- Phone: 2127770116
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Souvlaki GR is ready to cater your next corporate or family event.
- Private Party Facilities: Souvlaki GR was conceived with a desire to deliver to you traditional Greek Souvlaki, in an unforgettable atmosphere. We bring you a 3D experience of tastes, sounds and the visual beauty of the Greek Islands. Let us give you and your guests an event to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Kostas Plagos 2127770116
A word from Souvlaki GR - LES
A little bit of Mykonos in the heart of New York City's Lower East Side. With the same passion and desire for authenticity that launched our truck, we've taken the time to create a place where our food is only half of the experience. One step across our threshold, and we hope you'll be transported to the islands of Greece.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreek
Souvlaki GR - LES - Best Restaurants in Lower East Side ›
Souvlaki GR - LES reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our experience and would go back. It was a little hectic in the restaurant but it was good greek food and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Just lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great, healthy options that are yummy. I really like coming here. Feels like I'm in Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tatimcDined on 8/21/2014Love this place. Went twice in one week. By far the most authentic greek place in nyc.Special Features:
- Major Let Down!!!AngieQVIPDined on 8/11/2014Unfortunately the previous reviewers were right! The service is atrocious. I dined alone a couple days ago and the food came out in a relatively short time, however the pork stick was extremely salty and inedible. I accepted their offer to remake it and the second time it was taking forever. When I asked how much longer it would take, the waitress obviously was annoyed and responded, "Everything is made to order here." I clearly didn't ask her about what was made to order. The attitude was so strong and negative, just plain sad! It seems like everything is taken personally here. I was just a diner needing to get my food and had somewhere to be in a timely fashion. The waitress had poor attitude and no personality. I will not return!
- Great food, good price, ok servicehealthyfoodie123Dined on 8/5/2014The food was fresh and delicious. Can't beat the prices either. The only thing that was just okay was the service. We had multiple waiters, couldn't get refills on the water, and our appetizers were forgotten and brought out with the meal. Overall a good experience - I went back 5 days later.Special Features:
- Cute place but so-so serviceAnnieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Went on a Wedn night with two friends, was very excited to try this cute, blue and white little place. I have to say the decor is amazing, really feels like I'm back in Santorini! But the waiter was maybe new, maybe they were understaffed, or he just was slow, but that lowered the experience. the food was good though, I would like the wine list to be bigger as it was hard to find a nice white dry wine. Didn't love the one the waiter recommended. Might go back.
- JaseVIPDined on 6/18/2014A lot better Greek restaurants in the City than this. Sorry, but the food quality is really sub-par.
- sincewhendoineedanicknameVIPDined on 6/8/2014Food is excellent --- every time I've been here, everything I've ordered has been phenomenal. The staff isn't that attentive and don't really push the service aspect -- nothing terrible, but it's hard to get their attention. Overall, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014A no-fail spot - great drinks, yummy food, easy atmosphere. And won't empty your wallet!Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Souvlaki GR - LES reviews archive.
- Great foodconstDined on 5/4/2014Food was tasty, decor reminiscent of an island in the aegean, stuff attentiveSpecial Features:
- Real deal GreekKimmer95Dined on 3/20/2014Looks, feels, smells like Greece. It's so charming, quaint & authentic inside that it made me feel comfortable and relaxed. The food is good - nothing fancy, just straight up Greek. Good cocktails too! A great place for a casual date night w/ someone you love or a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic ViewMaseratiDined on 2/26/2014Although the restaurant has no actual view, I marked that it has scenic view. The reason is that the interior is design in such a way that you feel you have been transported to a picturesque alley of a Greek Island! The food is delicious!! The ambience is perfect and the service friendly and excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Greek!LindaslikesDined on 2/16/2014We were 8 people and had a terrific low key lunch at Souvlaki GR-LES. I recommend the baba ganoush and the kebabs. Excellent service and the food is delish. A real find.Special Features:
- Holiday feel good foodJennieVIPDined on 1/25/2014Great flavored, fresh tasting authentic Greek food. Feel like ur on holiday with whitewash and umberellas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like dining on the beachBilliamVIPDined on 1/15/2014What a lovely meal, aside from great food and service; the restaurant feels like a beach! To top it all off, prices are really reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and better priceMarianoelle1210VIPDined on 1/4/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Every time I walk in I feel as if I just traveled to santorini. The food is always great with fast and personable service. The prices are very reasonable too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013I've been to Souvlaki multiple times. It's great for date night and is great for girls night. I love the atmosphere and the food. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time I visit souvlakiMarianoelle1210VIPDined on 12/10/2013Every time I visit souvlaki I am never disappointed. The food is always fantastic and the service is fast and reliable. It's very inexpensive and still a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceMelanieDined on 11/2/2013Although the food was very good, the service was truly awful. Two of us ordered salads as entrees and the rest ordered gyros; the salads arrived at least a half hour before the gyros. I would expect a restaurant to hold the salads until the gyros are ready instead of serving us at completely different times. An hour and a half into our dining experience, we gave up on the sides we ordered with our meals and decided to pay our bill. Once we already paid (and our meals were finished), the waiter brought out our sides with quite a lack of urgency considering how much time we had already been waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. Very reasonablyJeremyVIPDined on 10/18/2013Great atmosphere. Very reasonably prices. Appetizers are exceptional. Entrees could be a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for what it isnathbeckVIPDined on 9/28/2013Very pleasant greek in LES- menu is smallish but fine tzadiki and wonderful pastry dessert. Service pleasant if a bit scattered. Will go back. And very inexpensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always AmazingDespinaVIPDined on 9/28/2013great good, great service and we could almost be in Greece. Love this place and I'm greek so that says a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TransportedUWSdadVIPDined on 8/11/2013We felt like we needed our passports - did not feel like we were on the LES. The restaurant is adorable and the staff very friendly and welcoming. It is very reasonably priced as well. All the food we ate was very good, though we thought the feta was a little salty. We thought we were ordering some as appetizers and some as entrees, but the server brought everything out at the same time; they were happy to adjust when we explained. We'll go back.
- Great ambience, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013I went on a Tuesday for a second date. The ambience is fantastic, and perfect for the occasion. The Taramosalata was delicious, the greek salad was nice, the Keftethes and shrimp skewers were just okay, and the chicken skewers were chewy and tasteless. I wish I could bring future dates here for the ambience but the main dishes were just not very good.Special Features:
- A little bit of Greece in LESOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/15/2013This place is so cute, the decor and style of a Greek island is replicated in the entire restaurant down to the white paint and cobble stones on the floor. It wasn't very busy a Saturday afternoon for lunch but I made reservation anyway,just in case and also to earn dining points. I tried the pork souvlaki pita and a frappe. I was a little disappointed with how the size of the pita was, it was more like a breakfast burrito size. It was filling after I drank the water and my frappe. Flavor was good, next time, will opt to add a side order of fries. The frappe wasn't very frothy with ice, more like iced coffee. Not like the real deal at all.Special Features:
- Mykonos meets NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2013I've lived in the city since '76 and started going to Mykonos in '78. I lived 7 years on the island while subletting my loft and during that time it became my second home and holds a big part of my soul. I speak the language and cook the food. Souvlaki GR is truly Mykonos! It's the kind of place you'd find along the street to have simple meal, and it's good! I adore the theater of the place and the absolute replication of what a a corner of Mykonos might look and feel like. It's a brilliant concept and is perfectly executed.I love going there when I need to feel that I'm on my island and not actually here in the big city. Bravo!!! and thank you!!Special Features:
- Cute Greek IslandAntoniaADined on 5/6/2013Souvlaki GR is adorable replica of a Greek island in a tasteful way (i.e. no tacky murals of Zorba on the wall...not that I have anything against tacky murals generally). Food is pretty good, service friendly, and sweet ambience. Chanced upon it once and made a mental note to go back. Souvlakia however came fast and only moderately warm and the salad had soggy cucumber and tomatoes ...all this indicates food pre-prepared a little too ahead of time. But tasty nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Really good food and ambience. Got exactly what we wanted in that we felt like we were in Greece. Family and I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Service is slow, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Service is slow, but the food is fantastic. The pita sandwiches are on the small side, but everything else is well-proportioned and the entire menu is inexpensive.Special Features:
- Nice little place with veryMarlboroManDined on 4/13/2013Nice little place with very friendly efficient wait staff. Not gourmet by any means ... basically the truck food on a plate. Good pricing.Special Features:
- such a great dining experience!daniDined on 4/8/2013such a great dining experience! i went the first time with a girl friend and then a few nights ago brought a group because we were so impressed. the food was delicious the prices are reasonable and the restaurant is really cool inside. It feels like youre in Greece for an evening. Loved it!Special Features:
- What an adorable restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013What an adorable restaurant! It feels like you've stepped onto a Greek island. The decor is so appealing - white and Greek blue with painted cobblestones on the floor and attractive (not tacky) artificial flowers! We loved everything about it. The food was yummy - especially the hummus, traditional Greek salad (cukes, tomatoes, and feta) and Greek fries! The Greek white wine was tasty and served in highball glasses which was a nice twist. Very authentic and delightful. Exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- Perfect for a quick bite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2013Perfect for a quick bite. Romantic vibe. Been coming here for months now, and it is still one of my favorite spots. Cheap, delicious, what more can you ask for? I'm a sucker for the greek salad and the spicy feta :)
- I will not be returning theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2013I will not be returning the service is horrible waiting for a main dish and serving us our desert with our main dish i think the problem is that they have way too many tables in a tiny space making it very difficult even as a customer to walk in and out of the restaurant. even though the food is good we had the feta in the oven and the souvlaki we will not be returning
- The only complain is thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013The only complain is that the menu is quite short.Special Features:
- Souvlaki looks as if you'reMarianoelle1210VIPDined on 1/26/2013Souvlaki looks as if you're walking down a street in santorini. The ambiance is stunning. The food is even better. Reasonably priced but fantastic quality. The service was great as well. We had to increase our party size and change the reservation time last minute and the staff were extremely accommodating.Special Features:
- Love this place! I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/11/2013Love this place! I always come back to Souvlaki GR because the food is yummy and affordable. Great affordable date night place. Greek salad is super refreshing and I had it with the skewers.
- Such a cute place! Cheap dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/6/2012Such a cute place! Cheap date night place too :) Even though there was a large party, service was pretty good and fast Souvlaki was filling but coud use more tzatziki sauce coz it was a bit dry The spicy feta and bread was so yummy! DEf coming back coz i noticed everyone else in the restaurant were eating skewers and I want to try those!Special Features:
- Go! For a Real & Tasty Mini-GetawayMixalakiDined on 9/30/2012The real thing... Like being at a taverna "sta nisya", on the Aegean Islands. Well done, authentic feel and flavor of Greece.Special Features:
- Cute place, bland foodPRNYCVIPDined on 9/29/2012Really cute place with nice staff. But the food was just ok. A bit bland and just not that special. With better food this place could be great.