203 Sag Harbor Bridgehampton Tpke
Bridgehampton, NY 11932Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://southforkkitchen.com/
- Phone: 6315374700
- Hours of Operation:
Autumn Dinner Hours:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joe Isidori
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for Private Parties
- Private Party Facilities: One large rustic room can accommodate up to 75 people.
A word from Southfork Kitchen
Southfork Kitchen is an elegantly rustic, sustainable seafood restaurant. Michelin Star Chef Joe Isidori creates unique fish dishes perfectly complemented by vegetables from the garden and wines from Long Island and beyond. Newsday awarded the restaurant 3 1/2 stars. Gael Greene wrote: "After swooning over oysters topped with yuzu-marinated salmon roe on seaweed...my senses are staggered by even more daring: rounds of satiny sea scallop alongside the intense sweetness of compressed melon with sea urchin."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Southfork Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very expensive first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2012Very expensive first time there food was extremely good, this time it was good but not at all special
- What a disappointment...JulesVIPDined on 10/26/2012Overpriced, overcomplicated preparation and presentation do a real disservice to the deservedly highly-touted local produce, fish, poultry, cheeses, etc. for which the restaurant is known. Don't bother.
- Loved the decor, the serviceWitchcraftDined on 10/20/2012Loved the decor, the service was really good. Too bad that the food was mediocre...
- I would gave given it a 5LO11Dined on 10/13/2012I would gave given it a 5 star rating if not for the service. We waited more than 1/2 hour for our main...but we did ask to speak with the manager who sent over drinksSpecial Features:
- Good, fresh, local, upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2012Good, fresh, local, upscale cuisine in an approachable & comfortable modern setting. Liked the spelt pasta with lobster fra diavolo, although could have done with a few less jalapenos. The scallop sashimi with sea urchin would have been better without the coriander, which wasn't mentionned in the menu's description, & the chocolate torte was slightly glue-y in consistency. Desptite this, still one of the better restaurants in the Hamptons.Special Features:
- All the food we had was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012All the food we had was good. The menu is very limited though and the only meat dishes were a chicken entree and a chicken liver appetizer. Can use a little more variety. There were no specials even though it was a Friday night. Outstanding were the Montauk Oysters with a spicy mignonette sauce and the Sardines. The mussels appetizer was good, although a little too spicy and with way too much Madeira in it. The Clam Chowder was amazing. Will go again.Special Features:
- We had a great time celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012We had a great time celebrating my husband's birthday at the Southfork Kitchen. The restaurant has a great atmosphere-- simple, but very elegant and charming. The staff and service were very attentive. The food was amazing-- I would highly recommend the clam chowder and the mussels for appetizers. My husband really enjoyed the lobster and tagliatelle fra diavolo, and the fluke I had was very light and flaky, although it was a little bland with the plain brown rice (but healthy!). I love how this restaurant supports all local farms and are so deliberate about where they source their food. It was an experience I would love to repeat again in the future!Special Features:
- TLC with every dishPeterVIPDined on 9/22/2012Everything is presented, prepared, described like TLC is involved in you dish and yet not in a prissy way. Extremely happy with every meal (3) this summer at Southfork. Only complain we've had was that there was a boisterous group settling in at about 8, 8:30 and no one told them to tone it down.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012The food was excellent and they have a fabulous wine list. It might not have been fair to rate the service in September, when summer is over. However, the food took a very long time to come out and there was a long wait in between the appetizers and the main course. The chicken that my friend and I ordered was a much smaller portion than the other orders at the table. We will go back for the good food, and will have to try it during the summer time.Special Features:
- Party of 4. Masterful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Party of 4. Masterful service. Food: very good. One diner said fluke was dry and tasteless. Biggest surprise: yummy, not oily bluefish. Absolute rip-off: tasteless, icy peach ice cream at $12.00 Best buy: delicious oysters at $15 for 6.
- Food Delights, But Skip the FlightsbrucefrankDined on 9/2/2012An exquisite meal - very memorable flavor profiles that pushed the envelope but in the end were delightfully reminiscent of home-cooked dishes - a standout was the seafood chowder - I can still recall the rich combination of spices and fresh catch. Service was excellent but a bit too fast on the draw - odd because it wasn't crowded at all, and we had a very early table. I would avoid the wine flight since inexplicably, guests are not privy to what the sommelier's choices might be (we're used to at least seeing a list of what might be served), and in some cases the choices were somewhat pedestrian. The wine list is excellent, though, and next time we'll consult that in lieu of the pairings. A great venue, to which we'll return!Special Features:
- To expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012To expensive. You need to make the fact that it is fixed prix menu only more aparent.Special Features:
- Disappointed would sum upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Disappointed would sum up our experience. The food was unexpectedly badly prepared - lots of technical flaws like serving raw pasta. We informed the wait staff and she agreed the pasta appeared uncooked, apologized, but that’s as far as it went. No offer to sub or deduct from our check. We also ordered the fluke - expecting a beautiful piece of delicious local fish but were presented with a glob of breaded flesh which the breading far outweighed the original piece of fish. Could hardly taste the fish for the breading. I would rather eat an Arthur Treachers fish and chip order, that’s what it reminded me of. Just a disappointing meal all around.Special Features:
- Loved Southfork! It is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2012Loved Southfork! It is one of the best restaurants in the Hamptons. The food was creative and delicious. The desserts were fantastic! And they were attentive to your table the entire evening. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. It is price fixed but worth the money.Special Features:
- Heads above most restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/25/2012Heads above most restaurants in the Hamptons!Fresh, wonderful food, very professional and friendly service and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful food tons of staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2012Wonderful food tons of staff who are desperate for proper training!Special Features:
- Food was subpar. Fishy-smellingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Food was subpar. Fishy-smelling scallop ceviche, first had me worried about its freshness, but turned out to be quite devoid of flavor. Artic char was the best of 3 dishes, but an overly generous miso coating overpowered the dish. Dessert was inedible (and sent back). It was like a soup of melted ice cream - totally liquid, and completely unacceptable. Service was not smooth - too present at times, and nowhere to be found at others. On the positive side, the sommelier was great - she found us a LI wine we actually quite enjoyed although i was extremely skeptical at first. Bread and butter also delicious...unfortunately that was the best part of the meal.
- Service was definitely verysanjivVIPDined on 8/10/2012Service was definitely very good. Warm and very professional. We had an excellent meal with only one flaw - there are no options if you're vegetarian. They offered an entree of sauteed vegetables that was hastily put together. There are enough vegetarian diners that a "farm to table" restaurant with a set menu should offer a real option that matches the level of non-vegetarian choices. The other appetizers and entrees were excellent. And I highly recommend the butterscotch dessert.
- magical mussels and flavor heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2012South fork kitchen. Jeez, this is easy . The atmosphere, the people, the food, its all phenomenal .. I implore anyone exploring restaurants in the Hampton's to give this titan of taste a shot, its like treating your tastebuds with this theme park of phenomenally fresh flavors . Be careful, it is also jammed with a very alluring staff that must have been scouted in infancy to be shaped into the gears of this truly baffling experience machine .. Cheers.Special Features:
- Service was paced too quicklyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012Service was paced too quickly for all courses. Disappointing experience. Found the menu narrow.Special Features:
- Great ambience- rustic andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Great ambience- rustic and relaxed, but refined... no silly "shabby chic" here. Our server was stellar and informative. Service in general is so much better than what I've had in the Hamptons (attentive but you almost don't notice they're there). Starters were better overall than main courses... sardines, squid and chicken liver pate were big hits at our table. No real 'wow' factor with the main courses, but we had no complaints either. Good flavors, everything super fresh, but nothing subtle or surprising about the entrees. Overall, it's a good place to get dinner. I won't be raving about it to my foodie friends, though.Special Features:
- Pricey prix fixe menu withOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2012Pricey prix fixe menu with overly generous portions of very well prepared (mostly) seafood.Special Features:
- Very nice place, wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/22/2012Very nice place, wait staff was great BUT,,,$19.00 for an omelett!!! and nothing extra on the plate. We even had to ask for bread. Restaurant was empty on Sunday for brunch. Very limited menu as well. Hope they read this review and try to improve the menu and pricing because we wanted to like it more.
- Had a fantastic meal here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012Had a fantastic meal here. Been wanting to go and jumped at the chance. We loved everything. Some of the best chowder we've ever had. Oysters wonderful... Pasta amazing, perfectly al dente & superb heat... As much thought went into the desserts as into the entrees...so often they're disappointing but here a joy. Can't rave enough about our experience. Worth every penny. Been a fan of the chef since his earlier days in Manhattan at Harbour, actually got to try his Brooklyn spot too. So glad Southfork is such a success. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Local, seasonal, organic,DumboDarlingVIPDined on 7/20/2012Local, seasonal, organic, prepared with culinary expertise.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.MurtiDined on 7/16/2012Great food and great service. Must for seafood lovers!Special Features:
- Rustic ambience, refined cuisine.LexidocVIPDined on 7/12/2012Rustic ambience, refined cuisine. The menu is only a $68 prix fixe (no a la carte) with many choices. Worth doing the $25 wine pairing, local well chosen wines generously poured. The service is professional and smooth. Most of the food is locally sourced. All dishes we tasted were delicious. The food is somewhat rich and my one negative comment (which applies to almost all prix fixe menus) is that you pay for a dessert course even if you dont want dessert. They should consider a two course option. Overall it was satisfying, fun and tasty - we enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there.Special Features:
- We had an amazing time atOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2012We had an amazing time at SouthFork. The food was great. We did the wine paring with our dinner and all the wines were amazing. It was a special occasion and the restaurant was very attentive. Overall a truely great experience. Would definitely come back !Special Features:
- Southfork Kitchen hits home runOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2012I've been a few times but the kitchen seems to be hitting their stride. Always creative but not always successful this time I had two outstanding plates. The mussels starter was in a beautifully seasoned tomato based broth. The Italian twist was novel and had me reaching for the egg bread to sop up the broth.My main course was the bluefish which I usually avoid but here executed perfectly. Crispy skin and very fresh fish carried the day. The wait staff was right on time with everything including a second glass of wine. We tried a bunch of desserts and passed them around. All good but the melted Valrhona chocolate was the bomb . No one is serving this kind of food in the Hamptons. Creative, smart and ambitious fresh sustainable seafood.Special Features:
- Best dinner I've had in ages.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2012Best dinner I've had in ages. Food was fresh and amazing, perfectly prepared. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.FredDined on 6/30/2012Great food. Great service. Attention to detail. Recommend it highlySpecial Features:
- Exceptional food - very creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Exceptional food - very creative and thoughtful. Appetizers were a stand out. Main courses were terrific other than one big miss with the spelt pasta lobster fra diavolo. Service was attentive and professional. Atmosphere would have been perfect except for two people (owner and executive chef?) standing at the front of the restaurant, staring at each table and deep in conversation about each - made us feel uncomfortable. Felt like big brother was watching. The owner (?) also spent a lot of time speaking with two tables and ignored everyone else - must've passed by our table a dozen times without so much as a nod or smile ..Special Features:
- awesome farm to tableMarkVIPDined on 6/28/2012this restaurant is the perfect farm to table featuring all things Long Island and the region - preparation was outstanding, quality of food top flight, service excellent. Only 4 table there on a thursday night in late June which had me worried. This place is absolutely worth checking outSpecial Features:
- BEST IN THE HAMPTONSOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2012AMAZING! We live in Manhattan and go out all the time. This is still one of my top meals. Everything was fantastic... every bite was fresh and unique... great ambiance as well and fabulous staff. A++ Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food but overpriced WishOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2012Excellent food but overpriced Wish it was not prix fixeSpecial Features:
- very disappointed. Do notOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2012very disappointed. Do not that prix fixe is the only option. Too rigid...While food is inventive and sustainability is admirable, there is something lacking that makes it a "not going to return" experience. And that was not our first visit.
- love the place, the food;TonyPDined on 6/15/2012love the place, the food; Sustainability is the theme here along with local products. Wonderful job of keeping it in the neighborhood. Price is higher than normal but worth every penny. Would love to see more local wines on the menu. Great job; Keep it up. I'll be back.Special Features:
- So UnfortunateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2012This is one of my favorite spots on the Southfork however I don't know what is going on with this place. The menu was very strange the food was really sub par.... Very unfortunate. The clam chowder which I have had often was so off it was a curry vegetable soup with no bacon no clams and the soup was not emulsified creating an oily mess. My squid was cold and the duck was so over cooked I thought I was eating a holiday ham. Really unfortunate I hope they can get this place back to the standard and quality it once was or I fear that we have another sub par hamptons dining establishment
- unbelievably good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012unbelievably good restaurant. top notch quality, all sourced locally, very creative menu, and beautiful space.Special Features:
- Farm to table Limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/9/2012Farm to table Limited menu not flexible Takes itself very seriously Way too expensive for what it is and where it isSpecial Features: