Southernmost Beach Cafe
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
Southernmost Beach Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://southernmostbeachcafe.com/
- Phone: 3052956550
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:00am - 11:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner nightly : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, American
- Executive Chef: Ben Schneller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Southernmost Beach Cafe has a full catering department. Hosting parties from 20 people to 500 people. So if you want a party in the sand next to the beautiful Atlantic ocean, we are the place for you.
- Private Party Facilities: With interior accommodations, poolside and beach side facilities, we can accommodate all your small business and special event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Contact 3052956550
A word from Southernmost Beach Cafe
The Southernmost Beach Cafe is Key West’s premier beachfront dining restaurant. Located at the south end of Duval street on the Atlantic ocean. The Southernmost Beach Cafe offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. With daily happy hours, and cool drinks. We offer a full catering department for parties large or small, if you are celebrating a wedding or a birthday we have what you need. Also featuring beach chairs, paddle boards, and volleyball.Continued
For fine cuisine at affordable prices overlooking the ocean, come to the Southernmost Beach Cafe...
For fine cuisine at affordable prices overlooking the ocean, come to the Southernmost Beach Cafe...
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Southernmost Beach Cafe - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Southernmost Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (15)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Delicious!!gigglescastellanos24Dined on 10/11/2014Our dining experience at Southern Most Cafe was beyond great. All the food was so delicious, we have been craving the fried Ribeye. Our server Jason went above and beyond to make our night incredible and fun! Can't wait to go back when we are in Key West again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place and setGillesDined on 9/20/2014Great night scenic view on the see. Good service. Food fineSpecial Features:
- Vacation family dinnermmedvedVIPDined on 9/10/2014The southernmost hit all the high points for us. Great food spectacular views, and great service. There were 4 of us and everyone enjoyed their meals,no complaints at all. The views are amazing, this is a must stop for everyone in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be beatenDavepa1967Dined on 9/8/2014We ate here twice whilst in KW, view is amazing and the fact that you are only feet from the waters edge makes it a must see for breakfast. Staff were friendly and the coconut shrimp was the best food in the world!! We had it for starter and main it was that good.Special Features:
- Nice place for good food and viewVnewtonDined on 8/31/2014Lovely view, good food. I had a great pasta dish with checked and Alfredo sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ideal for our occasionNicBentDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I were in the Keys celebrating our first year together. We wanted a romantic spot on the water. The food was good and the staff was friendly, but the wicker/plastic chairs and tile floors felt slightly cafeteria like. We sat along the edge of the restaurant, we could see the beach but the high thick plastic railings kept it from feeling like we were on the beach and since it was too dark to see anything, it didn't help the ambiance. It's a better spot for a nice lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good placeLoraKatsDined on 8/8/2014Girlfriend weekend and we went here our first night for dinner. The food was amazing. Our waiter, AyJay made the evening so enjoyable. He was accommodating, an amazing server and gave us great suggestions on how to spend our time in Key West. Drinks were all delicious too!Special Features:
- Lovely meal with a sea viewMelandjake99Dined on 7/31/2014We had a great meal here, sea view and well priced food. The key lime pie with an Oreo cookie base was yummy and the lobster tail sure citrus butter delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!JmurphyDined on 7/28/2014This was a wonderful place with amazing food. I got the Lobster 2-way, which was lobster Mac n' cheese with a half lobster tail on top of it. It was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peace on the BeachJanRDined on 7/16/2014We usually spend our time in Key West on the other end of the island but saw this restaurant while sightseeing and it looked like a nice shady, breezy place to have lunch. But we actually visited this gem of a restaurant for dinner---while most people were at the other end of the island for Sunset Celebration---so maybe that's why it was not crowded, but was very peaceful and the service was excellent. The food was delicious---I had the Snapper & my husband had the Grouper--both cooked perfectly and imaginatively. My husband's favorite part was the free piece of Key Lime Pie they offered since we were celebrating my birthday! The pie was made with Oreo cookie crust rather than the traditional graham cracker---it was OUTRAGEOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West Virgins No LongerTheWindyCityVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a great "first dinner" in Key West. The Key Lime Margarita was outstanding, as were pretty much any fish dish you may choose. Fresh seafood, well prepared for maximum flavor. Great memories now!Special Features:
- Best Coconut ShrimpTurnberryGirl3VIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant continues to be our favorite dining spot in Key West. Great views with ocean breezes. The service is excellent! The drinks are delicious! The coconut shrimp are the best! Take a walk on the pier in daylight. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointedHeavenlyDined on 6/30/2014Celebrated our 30 th Wedding anniversary at this restaurant and it could not have been more romantic! Service and food excellent! Definitely make a reservation so you can sit by beach. Even though open air seating, fans made it comfortable. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beachside locationLynnsFindsDined on 6/28/2014The location is fun - huge outdoor dining with covered patio that sits literally on the beach. Some diners had quiet time while their kids played in the sand. The food was hit or miss. I had a simple grilled Mahi that was quite good. I can't recall what my companion had but he didn't like it as much, wished he had gotten something prepared more simple. There was a wedding in the far half of the patio but it was not bothersome, they were screened off and it added to the fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 301 reviews are from the Southernmost Beach Cafe reviews archive.
- Will definitely come back again.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Excellent selection of local seafood. Quick and courteous staff. Wonderful selection of preparation methods and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMaryDined on 6/22/2014Watched the US World Cup soccer game in the bar after having a wonderful dinner - was a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerBevo62Dined on 6/21/2014Southernmost Beach Cafe has pretty good food, but the prices are a little high for what it is. As far as the seafood goes, I would say there are other Key West restaurants that have better/fresher food. However, this place is on a small (man-made) beach so you have a (limited) view of the water. Although we came for dinner, I would recommend coming here for lunch instead. The truffle fries were delicious, as were the mussels.Special Features:
- great237daveDined on 6/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Southernmost Beach Café: Great view, delicious fish and a nice athmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014By far the one of the best meals I've ever had! I had the grouper with jasmine rice- it was amazing. Great view too!! Highly highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Food was ok. Could smell the sea when a breeze came. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyable beachfront dinner!DerekDined on 5/30/2014We were staying at the Southernmost on the Beach hotel (great place!), and were a llittle worried about eating at the "hotel restaurant" but it was fantastic. Food was very good, staff was extremely friendly/attentive, and the beachfront views could not be beat! Would go back again anytime!Special Features:
- PopeBubbaDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I went for the ambiance of dining on the beach and were very pleasantly surprised by the food. It was a wonderful experience. The pidgeons were a distraction.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We had a wonderful time, the food was great and the service was Fabulous. Never felt rushed or ignored, 4 of us for dinner, it couldn't have been any better.Special Features:
- enjoyablemickeycrazieDined on 5/19/2014Had dinner here twice & breakfast 3 times and enjoyed everything we had. Everyone very friendly. Only suggestion is they need a sign directing people to the hostess stand is you come in from the Southern most beach resort.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewjesolivaDined on 5/17/2014We went in May with a large group. The food and service were good. Nothing really special. I enjoyed the beach view.Special Features:
- awesome on the beach dining!onvacaDined on 5/13/2014Great outdoor restaurant right on the beach,great service great food highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So beachy yet classyadmcDined on 5/12/2014The beautiful view at the end of Duval street and the delicious food make this a great place to fine away from the (also) fun bar scenes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the beachBeaches4lifeDined on 5/9/2014Awesome ambiance, great service and fantastic food. Came over from Dallas and Southernmost lived up to all the recommendations.Special Features:
- Great ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was excellent. Don't miss this one. Make a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice for Anniversary DinnerlivinthedreamDined on 5/2/2014Made a reservation here for our anniversary - expecting a nice upscale restaurant - not at all upscale. While it was ocean front, our view was of a couple making out on the beach and a tractor hauling seaweed off the beach while enjoying the awful smell of seaweed or fish or ???? Our waitress was not friendly and somewhat of a prima donna (while I'm sure my husband enjoyed her SHORT-shorts, I did not), they were out of the wine I ordered, my husband's fish entree was very overcooked and dried out and we definitely will not be returning here for dinner. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
- Great dinner - worth the driveHibernatorsDined on 4/26/2014We drove down to Key West from Toronto and we weren't sure what to expect. We loved Key West and had the best dinner we've had in a long time at the Southernmost Beach Café. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu selection and provided us with some great touring advice for Key West. The filet was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. The mahi mahi and snapper were fresh and fabulous. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Southern Most View w/DinningjeepblueoceanDined on 4/24/2014Outstanding!!!!! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place, average food.PBHMDined on 4/13/2014We booked a table for 8:00 pm for after our wedding ceremony. There was at least 1 other wedding there. We were slightly early, and were seated on time. The restaurant was still quite busy, when we got to the table the entire experience felt rushed. From the server to the food, everything seemed rushed.Special Features:
- Down and out gluten-free girlOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014I would give this place five stars if they had a gluten-free menu. Being pregnant with a food allergy is no fun when you're on vacation. Southernmost was beautiful inside and out, just wish the staff had a clue about gluten:( Everyone else in our group had decent meals. The hummus was good with a Turkish flavor. Great view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location. The food wascefhomeDined on 4/6/2014Great location. The food was very good and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ambience for a Wedding dinnerKingDined on 4/4/2014We had our Wedding dinner here w/family and friends. Very friendly and attentive staff. Can't beat the open air seating as well as the unique menu choices. Great location at the opposite end of Duval St. which is more secluded and quiet. We will for sure dine here again hopefully for our Anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpJerseygirl22Dined on 3/31/2014Best view! Relaxing and enjoyable armosphere. Food really good. My favorite is the pulled beef sliders! Cuban Egg Rolls and Mediterean salad are great too! Enjoyed a pitcher of sangria with lots of fresh fruit. Our server Don was personable and helpful! A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected.RedfishDined on 3/23/2014Open air dining overlooking the public beach on the Atlantic end of Duval. I expected average food from a high volume restaurant in a tourist town. Wrong. This restaurant over-delivered. All four in our party were impressed by their entrees. Deftly cooked fresh fish and excellent service. The wine list won't impress the oenophile, but I appreciated the availability of well-selected, value-priced wines. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and our waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Excellent food and our wait staff was energetic and knowledgeable. The front staff had a bit of an attitude when we asked for a change of table - they sat us right in front of the kitchen. But they did change the table even though it was a Sat night. Great location on the beach with lovely view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of good local, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Lots of good local, fresh seafood choices - topped only by its setting on the beach. Great conch fritters! Great service. Food preparations are Caribbean style. This was our go-to restaurant during our stay in Key West - pleasant place and offerings for multiple dinners and lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.