1815 Adams Mill Rd.
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sohodc.com/
- Phone: 2025880411
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Southern Hospitality
In a city bursting with northern influence, we recognized the need for a warm southern welcoming. This is what we are here to provide! Located at the top of Adams Morgan, on the north corner of Adams Mill Road and Columbia Road, Southern Hospitality is an inviting venue consisting of two floors and an outdoor patio providing plenty of bar and dining space. Our second floor is a perfect venue for your next private affair; seating up to 60 & receptions up to 100. Our unique, handcrafted cocktails and an extensive and thoughtful wine & beer list make Southern Hospitality the perfect place to relax with friends & neighbors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Southern Hospitality - Best Restaurants in Adams Morgan ›
Southern Hospitality reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (39)great for outdoor dining (32)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)romantic (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A FavouriteWineauxInAlexandriaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Southern Hospitality is a favorite ... A great place to eat in Adams Morgan.Special Features:
- Your Average Neighborhood Place.TdalecVIPDined on 10/18/2014Despite the pretensions of some of the entrees on the menu, this is beer, burger, salad and bar food place. The humus was excellent, especially the red chili-infused olive oil. The Cobb Salad was also top notch. The burger was beyond the medium rare I requested, and its vegetable garnishes had passed their use-by date. The fries were mushy and lukewarm at best. The service was great. There was an alumni group football-watching party in the bars and the staff graciously moved us twice to find a quieter table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/12/2014Great affordable brunch... Bottomless mimosas were a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice in Adams MorganWineauxInAlexandriaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Southern Hospitality is a great choice in Adams Morgan. Great menu selections that are well-prepared. And, save room for dessert...delicious (though on this occasion the pecan pie was somewhat crumbly). Me thinks that the wine list, particularly the red section, could use a fresh look with the aim of increasing options and general improvement.Special Features:
- Do not recommend for dinnerKmcbVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food was just so so - mushy, greasy, and bland. We left alot on the plates and skipped desert... They were out of our first three picks for bottles of wine. Out of 2 food selections....not a good start. Ate in the upstairs room - thought it would be quieter than the blaring music downstairs! - but the bass from the downstairs music shook the floors - and our bodies - and competed with the quieter frank sinatra type music upstairs. Very annoying and unpleasant to listen to both at once. Would not return for dinner. Bar area seemed decent for a few drinks - but very loud music for a Sunday night.....
- Brunches BrunchBruncherDined on 10/5/2014SOHO was great for brunch. There was the unlimited mimosas. I wouldn't call them bottomless I saw the bottom of my glass between each one and took about 3-5 mins before it was full again. Food was good. Shrimp and grits had a different style. Steak and eggs the steak was cooked perfect. And chicken and waffles was yummy. (Opinion of my party not all me)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my fave brunch spots in dcninaDined on 9/28/2014my friends & i enjoy this place. waitresses keep mimosas coming. it's not southern as i recognize it but the food is quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch & Bottomless Mimosas!rensdinsDined on 9/28/2014The title says it all! I had the chicken and waffles. They could do better than a boneless chicken tender but otherwise the waffles were perfection! My husband had the French toast and sausage and was very pleased. Bottomless mimosas were flowing throughout! We tried to sit outdoors on this unseasonably warm fall morning but the bees drove us inside. There's syrup everywhere so I guess there's no real way to combat bees' attraction to the sweet stuff. Our server was understanding and accommodating.Special Features:
- great brunch with unlimited mimosasTonyKJDined on 9/27/2014Tried this place out for brunch this weekend and the food was delicious! A bit overpriced but the mimosas kept coming! the staff were friendly and our food came out pretty quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/21/2014Found it via web search...looking for bottomless mimosa brunch. Great food. The biscuits are perfect (i am a true southern girl...used to homemade biscuits...these held their own). The cerviche appetizer had a nice twist with the jalapeños. The mimosa were ok to me...one of the others at the table loved them. I enjoyed the pineapple mojito myself. Coming back for the french toast next time...had a bite and it was excellent with and without syrup....no egg taste!!! Our server Ramsey was very good. The atmosphere was nice. We ate outside.Special Features:
- DisappointedfoodieloveDined on 9/14/2014Ordered the Sunrise Sandwich from their brunch menu and was completely disappointed. The eggs were cold by the time they reached our table and the avocado they put (I dont eat sausage) was brown. The home fries are actually tater tots and extremely greasy. Won't be coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent and we have a great time here, I had the fried green tomatoes and chicken and waffles. The waffles were yummy! and the chicken was cooked perfect! I'm looking forward to the next visit!Special Features:
- Hmmm....Reheated chickentgindcVIPDined on 9/6/2014Have been meaning to go for a while, and finally made it on a Saturday for lunch. Crazy noisy inside, so I took the patio. Chicken and waffles: waffles were great, fried boneless chicken breast was ok. It had been cooked earlier (how early? hard to say) and just reheated. Part of it was cold, part was hot, so it would seem to have been microwaved. If I return, I'll be careful to order something that is cooked after I order it, not before.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014food is pretty good, nothing to write home about, and a but overpriced. you'll be happy, though, if you order the right thing. the appetizer was better than the shrimp pesci and the blue crab was just fried with veggies...nothing special but not bad. i heard the salads are pretty big and tasty, maybe i'll go back for lunch sometime. i wouldn't go out of my way to go back, though. i can say i went, and now there's plenty of other places to try before i go back.Special Features:
- Great food and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014A good friend was celebrating his bday weekend. I'd visited SOHO once before and decided to schedule the bday brunch at the restaurant. The party was a bit late, and the staff was able to accommodate us with no issues. The server did an excellent job and the food was great.Special Features:
- great food, especially late nightdining4serviceDined on 8/16/2014Service was fine. Food was good! Enjoyed eating outside!Special Features:
- Good food; music doesn't fitLeslieKayVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was good. We had the side of Brussels sprouts which was awesome. The tacos were good, and the scallops were nice. The music on the outside patio for a Sunday evening was too loud and did not seem appropriate. It was a weird mix of popular dance music from the 80s, 90s, and today. We asked for it to be turned down, which they did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food and staff were amazing. Even though we were a little late for our reservation, they were able to find us a table outside. They had a great food and beer selection.Special Features:
- brunch was mehlililu1Dined on 8/2/2014I wasn't expecting much, just an average brunch, and yet I was still disappointed by the food. The drinks were great. The service was great. The food was meh. The biscuits were pretty atrocious for a place with the word southern in their name.Special Features:
- No southern belle, hereCaribDined on 7/24/2014My friend and I expected fresh, southern cuisine. We were disappointed. The chicken for mc and cheese seemed to come from the freezer. Desserts also lacked that southern charm the restaurant claims to have.Special Features:
- always a good betdcdinerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Today we went for an early dinner and had yet another great time. We sat upstairs and had the place to ourselves. The music was a bit strange but we enjoyed it. I got the chicken sandwich with a side of the asparagus and my roommate got the chicken and waffles. My sandwich was great when I put the asparagus sauce on it. You get a decent amount of avocado and the chicken was cooked perfectly. As always the asparagus was delicious! My roommate got a huge piece of chicken that she really liked. Overall this place is always great, service is friendly without being too present, and the price is reasonable. Of course I'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food and very slow serviceBlueberriesDined on 7/6/2014I came here for brunch with a group of friends because I had heard about it and seen it written up - I got the biscuit sandwich and it was the worst food I've had at a restaurant. The eggs were cold and rubbery and the sausage was also cold and looked and tasted like it was frozen. My friend sent her food back to be microwaved. On top of that, there was only one person who was acting as both the server and bartender for the entire upstairs of the restaurant so our service was extremely slow, and the waitress said our bill came up short by $8 when we had double-counted and were actually $2 over. Overall an extremely disappointing experience - I will never be coming back here.
- Great Brunch SpotLetsDoBrunchDined on 6/29/2014I had a wonderful time here for brunch with a group of friends. The food was delicious and the service was so fantastic. We did the bottomless mimosas and they just kept 'em coming.Special Features:
- The following 187 reviews are from the Southern Hospitality reviews archive.
- A Nice Sunday MorningAndieCDined on 6/22/2014My family met for brunch last Sunday Morning and had a wonderful experience. We had noted the restaurant several times when driving through the neighborhood and thought it might be a good stop for an informal meal. The menu was varied, food was very good and the service was delightful. When they say bottomless mimosas, they mean it. It fits very well in the neighborhood and we will be back for an evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good BrunchAntonioRVIPDined on 6/15/2014Wanted to sit on patio but it was full. Upstairs is nice if not a great atmosphere. Went for bottomless brunch and waitress could not have been better - she made sure our mimosas were refilled. Had chicken and waffles - nice big portion. Would come back again for other option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Loved the bartender, loved the server. The ambiance was great with comfy bar seating and great outdoor patio. Sadly the food that came out of the kitchen felt like an afterthought - over-cooked gummy fried green tomatoes and cold fried chicken benedict. Still, there was such great service and so much potential in the menu (not to mention generously flowing bottomless mimosas) that I will probably try again just to make sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family BrunchFabulousvDined on 6/14/2014Our waitress really made us feel welcome. The food was great and we had time to chat between the courses. The bottomless mimosas kept zone coming. A very diverse group of diners and a really nice patio to people watch. We were celebrating Father's Day a day early and I m certainly happy we chose Souther Hopspitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerdcdinerVIPDined on 6/9/2014My roommate and I went here during the week and had a great experience. We went at 5:30 and the place was empty but we didn't mind because we live near it and know that it is always packed, so the emptiness was a rare treat! We sat upstairs by the window which was a decent view. We weren't too hungry so I got the small plate fish tacos (simple yet delicious) and she ordered the small plate mac and cheese (creamy but not too heavy). We were surprised because neither were that small! Definitely good size portions. We also ordered a side of sweet potato fries (okay but would have preferred without the brown sugar) and asparagus (perfectly salted and flavorful). We were happy with the food and prices. Definitely will be returning again!Special Features:
- Great BrunchAnnieDined on 6/8/2014Had a really nice brunch at Southern Hospitality this weekend. It's often hard to find vegetarian options at brunch, but I had no trouble here. It was also wonderful that bottomless mimosas are only $15 and they will let you keep drinking after you've finished your meal. Our server Emily was incredible. So accommodating and fun- she really made our experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Grownups back to AdmoDateNightDined on 6/7/2014Oh, Admo. You can be a bit loud for this old lady these days, so it's nice to see SoHo offering a safe haven from the $2 Budlight/Top40 crowd. The menu is diverse and reasonably priced. I recommend the Brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- Great service, very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014We had a group of ten, and they did a great job for us. We were virtually alone on the second floor, except for patrons at the bar and a very attentive wait staff. Food was excellent, the room was comfortable and friendly. We stayed, ate, drank, and talked for hours. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- TableService was BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014My group showed up extremely late and so while I waited I sat at the bar for about an hour (bottomless Mimosas). The blonde bartender that helped me was very very attentive and nice. When we finally were seated at a table, the young lady who was our waitress came to take our orders and had to be reminded by the manager to attend to the table, after that.. It was like she forgot that we were there. She only really came back to collect the check.. bad. I thought that maybe the prices didn't really correspond well with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014I found the experience and food to be a great find. Nice fresh spinach on the Florentine Benedict. Good, high-quality brunch selections, and a "bottom-less" mimosa! That damn glass kept getting filled... Can't wait to try some of the other dishes on a future visit.Special Features:
- Mixed reviews for birthday brunchpisarczyDined on 5/10/2014Rude seating hostesses. Clumsy waitress. Amazing food.Special Features:
- Very GoodgoodeatsDined on 5/10/2014The food, service and location was all good. I enjoyed myself, will definitely go again and recommend it to friends and family. Please try the fried green tomatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Hospitaliyuvrob40Dined on 5/7/2014I had a great meal with a friend.Strawberry mojito that was so good. I had the fried chicken with mac and cheese and greens.Be prepared that it all comes in one plate, mac and cheese and greens on the bottom, boneless fried chicken breast on top, with gravy on top of that.I asked for my gravy on the side (and, I was glad because I would not have wanted gravy on my other food).The chicken was delicious, as was the gravy, which is a white sauce gravy.The mac and cheese was tasty, although it could have had a bit more cheese in it.The greens were flavored perfectly, especially because they were fresh and pork free.However, I think that they did not wash them well because there was some grit in them.Friend's short ribs were excellent, too.Special Features:
- Awesome!Yum4TumDined on 5/4/2014Got the burger for the first time and I will be adding it to my list of favorites. Going was once again a great idea!Special Features:
- southern hospitalitybarbDined on 5/4/2014The bottomless mimosa were great. Sat outside and weather was great. It was a nice relaxing sunday morning lunch.Special Features:
- Shrimp & Grits Oh My!!!ReeseyVIPDined on 4/27/2014The overall restaurant is pretty spacious. The weather was beautiful so the outside sitting looked so inviting. unfortunately there were no spots available outside. My boyfriend and I were seated up stairs. It looks like there is a sizable tv & bar and both inner and outer seating rooms. Our waitress took about 10 minutes to come to our table but water was filled as soon as we sat down. When our waitress arrive she had a lovely personality and then became pretty responsive for the whole meal. To the good stuff - the best seasoned plate of shrimp and grits EVER! My bf had a nice plate of chicken and waffles. Hummus was not the great to me for some reason I tasted mayo. Bottomless Mimosas could use work too acidic. Overall I like SH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Dc GemSjh385Dined on 4/27/2014I heard about this place and decided to try it after I looked up reviews (of course!). I was very impressed with every aspect of the restaurant. The waiter Peter was Awesome and the food was Great. A friend and I went for brunch and they happened to have bottomless mimosas for $15. I had the florentine Benedict which was delicious and my friend ordered the chicken and waffles which she ate as if it was the Last Supper. The price points were fair and the service was good. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.