Southern Art and Bourbon Bar
3315 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Southern Art and Bourbon Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southernart.com/
- Phone: 4049469070x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bourbon Bar: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:00am; Artisan Ham Bar: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Timothy Magee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please see our website events page for scheduled live music!
- Special Events: Brandi Farrow
A word from Southern Art and Bourbon Bar
Southern Art combines a hip, urban eatery with classic Southern charm, offering Southern-inspired cuisine and cocktails in a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant features an artisan ham bar and vintage pie table along with the sophisticated bar and lounge area, Bourbon Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Southern Art and Bourbon Bar - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Southern Art and Bourbon Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (45)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (32)romantic (30)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (16)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Unique Interior & Southern Goodnessdevls24Dined on 9/26/2014Loved the interior decorations - both on ceiling and dining chairs. The Hambar was a great touch! Waiter was excellent and drinks were even better. Bourbon Bar was hopping when we left - great live music too!Special Features:
- Walked outfoodforfunVIPDined on 9/21/2014I made a reservation for a friends birthday, got a great table and then received almost no service. It took us 10 minutes to get water and after 15 minutes with no service, we walked out of the restaurant. What a disappointment. There were several other tables having the same lack of service. We won't be back.
- Great Bourbon Bar!celebrate214everDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the selection of bourbon offered and the very creative cocktails imagined on the cocktail menu. This is by far the best bourbon bar in town! The food was well prepared and thoughtfully presented and while there were no complaints food wise, the service was the only area that could have been improved upon. When diners are out for a night on the town, they enjoy being taken care of by an attentive staff who makes them feel welcomed. As the meal progressed, the service began to dwindle, yet the restaurant was not busy. Since it was our first time, I would like to think it was just an odd occurrence and not the norm. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VineyarddcVineyarddcVIPDined on 9/17/2014Not sure why it took us so long to go here- but absolutely enjoyed it and will definitely return. Tasted a little of everything our party of four had and everything was delicious. The collard greens and succotash were a healthier version of what my grandmother made and yet still delicious- the fried chicken was great! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressediliketoeatDined on 9/14/2014The chicken and dumpling soup was good. I had the fries green tomatoes; did not like them. They were bland. The fried chicken was juicy and had nice, crispy skin, but it too was bland and not seasoned. The mac and cheese was creamy and had flavor, but not my cup of tea.Special Features:
- Ok for drinks and appsHungryHippoDined on 9/3/2014We had a group of 6. The ham bar was amazing, but apps do not make a restaurant. The entrees were all ok, but definitely not worth the price paid. Dessert wasn't anything special either. It would be a good place to grab some drinks and snack on apps, but I wouldn't be interested in a meal there.
- Not for the price pointKFW918Dined on 8/31/2014Nice decor and Service was great. The kitchen needed help. If you order their signature dish of Fried Chicken it should be the best you ever had, I would recommend looking for something else. The Trout was great and the appetizer we good. However for Southern food in Atlanta Mary Macs Tearoom would have been a better choice and that's not saying much.Special Features:
- Southern artOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was amazing the food and the service was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppetizersiopcharliesouthforeverDined on 8/29/2014Ham bar awesome! Duck not so much Pork roast ok Desserts greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wow!BrooklynBoundDined on 8/28/2014This was a reminder of why we go out to eat. Everything, and I do mean everything, was great. From the way we were greeted to the sendoff after the meal, every employee was extremely courteous and professional. With this atmosphere, it would have been ok if the food was just good, but no. It was excellent! The pork shank and the fried chicken were very tasty, the mac and cheese and collards were among the best. I will go back for the bourbon pecan pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great service and food! Only issue: we went on a Saturday night and they did not have a sommelier available! Loved the imaginative bourbon drinks!Special Features:
- Good food and elegantauditigerVIPDined on 8/23/2014A nice, easy-to-access restaurant with a fun bar on the outskirts and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still remembering my dinner!SuziDined on 8/23/2014This was one of the very best, most memorable meals I've ever had. I had accidentally made my reservation online at 7:45 AM. The restaurant still accommodated us with a great table. Our waiter was excellent, and I'm still thinking about the food three days later!!! Don't miss the ham bar, the deviled eggs, and the pork shank over collard greens was one of the most outstanding entrees I've ever eaten. Yay!!! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Perfect!lovegoodfoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food, the service and the ambiance were the perfect complement to dinner with our good friends (two couples attending). There wasn't one item we ordered that disappointed! The ham bar was quality, local cheese plate a wonderful selection, deviled eggs with fried oysters on top were delightful, the trout perfect, the best fried chicken we've had in ages and the pork shank (from a really big pig) was mouthwatering and rich. The banana pudding pie literally disappeared before I could have a second bite. A bit of a food frenzy, but spectacular! Our server was most gracious and helpful. I never write reviews but the food and service were so good I feel obligated to share. Also, we're Bourbon lovers and the Old Fashioneds were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find.ylg1976Dined on 8/16/2014This great restaurant was featured on Atlanta Eats & decided to try it out. I'm so glad I did. My co-woker (Suzanne) & I really enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014normally you would not think Hotel food would be good - Southern Art was incredible -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Food with Pizazz2havepeaceVIPDined on 8/1/2014We loved the food, service, environment, drinks and comfort of the place. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and drinks. The rosemary biscuits, creamy shrimp and grits, the fried chicken and the hickory smoked ham were my favorites. Great flavor in everything! And, we shared a great flight of Four Roses bourbons, which I loved. The prices were high, but not over-the-top for a nice place in Buckhead. I didn't like having to valet and walk through the hotel to get to the place, but I understand it's common in Buckhead and they did validate parking. We would go back again for a special occasion. I want to try their pecan pie and more items on the Ham Bar next time!Special Features:
- This is not soul foodSoulfood1023Dined on 7/26/2014So I made these resevations about a month in advance because it was rated best soul food in buckhead, Atlanta Ga. The place is pretty and the staff were nice but the food is horrible. I thought this was going to be good soul food in an upscale environment. This was not the case. The food was the worst that I have ever had. I had the fried chicken, collard greens, and macncheese. The biscuits that they serve were gross. The red velvet cake which I was very excited to try was disgusting. And I mean nasty. I was disappointed as I planned this as a stopping point on my trip to Atlanta. I came all the way to Atlanta to stop at this restaurant and was disappointed. Do not believe YELP. If you want real soul food stay away!
- Excellence in Buckhead, GAgefryjrVIPDined on 7/24/2014My second time dining at the Southern Art and Bourbon Bar was as good as the first! This time, I took a customer with me, and the experience was just right. The service was attentive without being intrusive, and the atmosphere was active but we were still able to carry on our conversation at the table. My flight was delayed several hours, and the staff were flexible with my reservation. All in all, a very well-run establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RojoRojoVIPDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I had the wonderful sides flights, and these good ol' southern dishes were prepared in an excellent way. Our server was excellent, and added to a super dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!!!Sweettea78Dined on 7/20/2014We went on a date night and loved the food. Our server Ryan, was very knowledgeable regarding food and drinks. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Ham Bar!BonnieYDined on 7/18/2014I had good friends visiting from Korea that evening. Loved the various tastings of American artisanal hams! Also, ordered the deviled eggs with fried oysters and the fried chicken. My friends devoured the house-made pickles and ordered more. Piece de resistance: 12-layer red velvet cake! Lovely service.Special Features:
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The ambiance was very calm and relaxing which distracted me for the most part that service was slow. Our wait person was very nice however our food, appetizer and drinks took time to get to our table. We had fried green tomatoes that didn't have much flavor the drinks were awesome and the dinner was good, not excellent. I would go back though because the atmosphere was so pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gdj3VIPDined on 7/13/2014Bourbon Bar was excellent as usual, with great selection and knowledgable, friendly bartenders. Had excellent service at cool Southern Art for dinner. Food was nicely done and overall the meal lived up to our past memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice spotNatinATLDined on 7/12/2014We tried Southern Art for the first time and overall were very pleased. The drinks were great and the bourbon flight is good to try a variety. The nice lady who help us select our drinks and answer questions was very knowledgeable and nice. The ham board and cheese board appetizer were great and the fresh bread is yummy. Everyone got fish as their meal for some odd reason, but we all really liked it. My trout was quite tasty. The service was only fair though. Slow, marginally attentive, even irritated at times and I don't think were an especially difficult group. Maybe they were having a bad day? I'll try it again. Don't forget to get your parking validated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS ADDITION TO ATLANTAdebbiedoodahDined on 7/10/2014I live in California, and recently flew into Atlanta - I am a Foodie, and prior to my arrival i did my homework and selected Southern Art - the menu sounded great. My sister in law lives in Athens and after she picked me up from the airport we went to lunch. We were seated promptly and quickly brought a beautiful tray of fluffy biscuits, pickled vegetables, and a special butter. My sister in law loves shrimp and grits so that is what she ordered, and I ordered the fried chicken. Everything was excellent; and the food and service were fantastic. Definitely a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDavidVIPDined on 7/9/2014We ate here twice on our last visit and loved it. But service was very slow this time and it detracted from the overall experience.Special Features:
- Not artreid4411Dined on 7/9/2014Server was friendly but hard to find - and the place was not very busy, although the bar was buzzing. Our food was mediocre. The trout was flavorless and overcooked and the shrimp and grits was edible but I'd hope they're going for more than that. Good drinks and good dessert. We won't be back.
- Bourbon and Food-What can go wrong?BetsyDined on 7/7/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. Food is very good, selection of bourbon and scotch is excellent and the ambience is very good. We really enjoyed it. All of our menu choices were served promptly and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service...clausportVIPDined on 7/5/2014All of the food and drinks were great...especially the buttermilk fried chicken and the pork shank...to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful weekend dinnerBradDined on 7/5/2014Stayed overnight at the hotel, the restaurant is perfect. Good selection, great wine. Impeccable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valuePCM1VIPDined on 7/4/2014Had an outstanding meal sitting on the patio and people watching. Food was great. Recommend the pork shank and the fried chicken...also the crab fritters and the ham!! Extraordinarily good value for price...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSharonVIPDined on 7/1/2014Enjoyed our food. Service was passable but not as good as expected. We started slowly as my mother in law couldn't make up her mind and I felt that after that, we were "written off".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014Good food, great service and an awesome atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itBetSDined on 6/27/2014The Ham Bar was great. go with the waiters suggestions.Special Features:
- Outstanding all aroundDantheManDined on 6/27/2014Southern Art has been a favorite of mine since it opened. The food is always amazing, the outdoor seating is a good place to watch the busy Buckhead happenings, and the service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Good, but not a destination placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/26/2014Very good butcher's platter with a generous serving of four different types of very thinly sliced cured meats with house made crackers that were the highlight of the meal. Very good service. Cured salmon had a weird sweetish sauce that (in our opinion) didn't enhance the salmon. Crab fritters were good, but no match for bacchanalia's. We would return if it's in walking distance of our hotel.Special Features:
- very satisfyingJohnVIPDined on 6/26/2014was in the mood for a bit of southern food and it deliveredSpecial Features:
- The FoodYoyoDined on 6/20/2014The grits needed something.. Bland! Which made my shrimp & grits bland! The sautéed Kale was too salty! However the tater tots, pickled veggies and fried chicken was tasty along with my Mahanttan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Art lives up to its nameGAFoodieDined on 6/18/2014What a wonderful meal! Southern food done right - delicious and satisfying. I will be going back, and probably with my foodie friends as a group. The service is outstanding as well, very attentive yet unassuming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.