Southerly Restaurant and Patio
730 Coleman Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Southerly Restaurant and Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southernseason.com/restaurant/charleston/
- Phone: 8434163965x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chad Billings
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering through our Southern Season Deli and Prepared Foods department. Visit www.southernseason.com and click on catering for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Fully private dining room can accommodate up to 80. Patio bar that is directly adjacent to private dining room can be privatized and dedicated solely to the private dining area to accommodate up to 125 persons and live music.
Visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
- Private Party Contact: Micka Robinson 843-416-3967x
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday evenings 6-9, and Sundays during brunch 11-2.
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available for special events. Call our special events staff to inquire about hosting your next event at Southerly. 416-3967 or visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
A word from Southerly Restaurant and Patio
Southerly Restaurant and Patio at Southern Season provides fine-dining-quality food with the cost and accessibility of a neighborhood eatery. Boasting multiple seating options, patrons can grab a drink at the bar, converse over dinner in the main dining room, reserve private seating or relax under a cool sea breeze on the expansive outdoor patio. Operating with staunch dedication to use produce and products native to the area, our restaurants bring forth charming, delicious cuisine without fail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Southerly Restaurant and Patio - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Southerly Restaurant and Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)neighborhood gem (63)great for brunch (56)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (39)special occasion (36)kid-friendly (28)romantic (17)notable wine list (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great foodEetlekkerDined on 9/13/2014Everything we ordered were wonderful Great plus that you can buy wine in the store next door and bring it in without crock fee. Service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 1 Complaint!MollyBeeDined on 9/12/2014Food was amazing! We went for restaurant week and every course was delicious! Our server, PJ,was also great! Very personable and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Hbomb26Dined on 9/12/2014The food here never fails to disappoint. New additions make it even better. Service, as always, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014we ate at Southerly as part of restaurant week -- 3 for $30. we chose off the menu of listed items for restaurant week. appetizer, oysters rockafeller were very good and waited for same level for remainder of dinner. sea bass was overcooked and somewhat dry. lobster risotto was good. for dessert i chose rice pudding creme brulee -- not good! rice pudding was once again dry, creme brulee was not hot. so, overall, probably will not be one place that i would go back to.
- fish and burgers were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014not great, but good, the fish and burgers were really good, the salad was fine, the soup okSpecial Features:
- Creative menu. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The Restaurant Week menu was delicious and had adequate portions and options. The wine suggestion was perfect! Chris offered perfect and hospitable service and truly made our experience complete. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place, great foodLissy84VIPDined on 9/7/2014Went here for brunch with my friends who were very hungover, and our server fixed them up quickly. Food was delicious, drinks were good, service was great and friendly. A classy establishment, so take the time to dress up a bit. They also have a fabulous jazz band, who I didn't even see, but heard. Made for a really great brunch experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationChocolateFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Always a warn environment when you enter this space. The food was delicious and the server Tripp was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014We were please with the menu selection and our server, Jen, was wonderful. Two disappointments: we had a large party and the restaurant was very quiet, which made us feel like we may be disturbing others. Also, we were celebrating a birthday and they told us they didn't do anything for birthdays, couldn't even place a candle in the dessert we paid for. Just minor issues, but worth noting all the same.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmarnotDined on 9/5/2014While the service was great the food needs some work. Our food was either undercooked or not what we expected. An example of this is the chicken and dumplings. Not the southern dish we know.
- DeliciousCoopDined on 9/4/2014Food was delicious, portions were great and selections were spot on for a "Southern" restaurant. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeatDavidVIPDined on 9/1/2014I have been there twice and pleased both times. They have a nice closed in outdoor area behind the restaurant as well. The second time I had lunch outside. Food is very good. I know others who also like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs helpEllenDined on 8/31/2014We arrived for ou reservation and were seated promptly and told our server would be with us "as soon as she can" We then waited and waited. Our hostess brought us water and my husband finally went to the bar to get us a drink. The restaurant was not full and we watched as our appointed server stopped to chat with another table and then pour water for a second table. When she finally came to us we had been waiting over 10 minutes to be acknowledged. With so many choices in dining the service has to be up to par and sadly it was not.
- CsbjimVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food, pleasant environment, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Dinner on patio was a very pleasant event with the Joe Clarke trio playing Frank Sinatra songs. The service was very good as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courtyard Sunday Brunch Jazz TrioDiningbirdVIPDined on 8/24/2014Go for Sunday Brunch and enjoy Jazz trio. Duck confit skillet, crab benedict on fried green tomatoes and $4 belinis make for a nice experience. Saturday is $5 pancake day......3 large pancakes of several offerings, ie blueberry, chocolate chip plus a side of sausage or bacon. Can't beat that deal. All served in a serene attractive dining room or loveley courtyard. They also have music nightly for dinner, but I have never been for that.Special Features:
- I doubt that we will go back.foodfanVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten several times at Southerly. This time while the food was ok, everything else was not. It was dirty -- even the menus. The kitchen was extremely slow and the service was terrible. The best thing about the restaurant is that the music is wonderful.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysSCSCDined on 8/14/2014Good as it always is. However, was disappointed to find our favorite dessert was no longer on the menu. Please bring back the pot de creme. Short ribs and salads that we ordered were great portions and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overallluv2dineoutDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday Brunch with very attentive service in a very comfortable relaxed atmosphere. Our server gave us a "tour' of the restaurant and patio and explained all the services available. He then invited us to visit the store next door which we did. Everyone that we spoke to from the restaurant and throughout the store were friendly and very knowledgeable about the products they were selling. We will definitely return to both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the name fool youBobbyLDined on 7/25/2014For whatever reason, when I see "Kithen" in the title, I thought it would be a low-key place with an informal atmosphere. While it can be informal, the great thing about this restaurant is there were people enjoying an elegant meal beside those in shorts and a shirt enjoying "foodie"-type dishes. The food was wonderful and varied for the four adults. My two year old and give year old were welcomed and treated to very good, kid-appropriate dishes. Service was spectacular. To top it off, a very fine jazz trio softly seranaded the resaurant. It was never overbearing! Great experience and a true surprise. Want to go back for many, varied occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeDavidVIPDined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed it. I liked the Shrimp and Grits. The inside is a pleasant atmosphere. There is a nice outdoor "garden" area in the BACK that looks very nice. Also there is an outdoor area in the front of the bar on the sidewalk which seems nice for the outdoor effect. The overall menu looked nice. I went early and it was not busy so I don't know the evening effect of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great restaurant! Looking forward to our next visit and more of those delicious Pimento Cheese Fritters!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchsickofcookingDined on 7/13/2014Food was not very good this time. Kale salad was a mess, not easy to eat. The bloody mary "flight" was also light on alcohol. Disappointed all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodating & GOOD !DanieMDined on 7/13/20143 of us met up for brunch. We were pleasantly surprised when we thought we were walking into a Fancy place but that was very casual at the same time AND...THEY HAD LIVE JAZZ ! What was a NICE Surprise for all of us :) They had fresh cut flowers on the tables, they had nice booths/tables to choose from. The food I had was a "Special" that the waiter was able to leave some ingredients off and yet add others :) My other 2 diners had the chicken and waffles- which they said weren't the best- but I don't get why people order chicken and waffles from a nice restaurant when there are so many other great choices to choose from! I had the Bloody Mary Flight for $10 and that was nicely presented. I WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK ! :)Special Features:
- Didn't pass my testRegularcustomerVIPDined on 7/13/2014I've been to Southerly many times and almost always enjoy my meal. However, the Belgian waffle I ordered for Sunday brunch wasn't up to par. It was not crisp and hot as it should have been, but tough and floppy. I find few restaurants make a Belgian waffle correctly. I hope Southerly works on theirs.Special Features:
- Southerly Never Disappointsthese3remainVIPDined on 7/8/2014Some of the women from a small group I attend at church got together for a "girl's night out" at Southerly. Everyone was delighted not only by their food, but by the quiet ambience that seems so elusive in many of the restaurants in Mount Pleasant.Many offer good food but Southerly offers imaginative cuisine in an atmosphere in which good conversation can be had and HEARD. Various entrees were ordered, the house salad, simple but very fresh, the 24 hour short rib w/Southerly's spin on mac and cheese, pork porterhouse and shrimp and grits - all deliciously prepared and beautifully presented.The only desserts ordered were the chocolate mousse because most of us were full but all of us had a bite or two of this notable confection.Great night!Special Features:
- Not up to parHappydinerVIPDined on 7/2/2014I've been to Southerly many times, and have usually liked it pretty well. This visit was NOT good. The server wandered off, hung out at the bar chatting (we could see him.), and goodness only knows what else he did, besides checking on our table. There were very FEW DINERS. i understand why! I had the fried green tomato bacon sandwich, and the tomatoes had some heavy seasoning herb coating that I absolutely could not eat. I just took them off, and had a bacon sandwich. The sweet potato fries had been fried earlier that a.m. Not at all fresh or crisp. I should not have left a tip, but I did, and regret that. Recently, I ordered the lobster roll, and it was very good, but the chunks of lobster were chewy. Should have ordered it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaramomofmaDined on 6/15/2014I always enjoy going to Southerly for dinner or lunch. On this particular day we went for Father's Day. The food was good as usual but the weird thing was we had to wait for a table even though there were a bunch of open once and we had reservations. They do not push tables together and had to wait until another group of 6 was done eating before we could sit down in their place. One other thing was that it took a very long time for the food that day. Usually they are very quick but for some reason even with a not full restaurant they were running behind and then a couple of things were wrong with our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southerly restaurant mt. pleasanthihoDined on 6/15/2014Mixed results on the menu. Crab benedict were over cooked. But crab cake on another occasion was excellent. Venue is great with outdoor dining and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parRegularcustomerVIPDined on 6/15/2014I had brunch at Southerly on Fathers Day. It seemed the kitchen was overwhelmed. Service was unusually slow. I ordered the mushroom and onion frittata which was a disappointment - basically an egg "tortilla" with a smattering of mushrooms and a blanket of arugula. Not what I was expecting. The side of sausage patties was room temp. The plate was so bland that I had to ask for a small side of fruit to liven it up. I won't go back on a holiday.Special Features:
- Will need to try againOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch on Father's Day. The service was extremely slow and food took a long time to be served. The restaurant was not full either. I loved the place though. We sat on the outside patio and there was a band playing. Will try it again possibly for dinner and hopefully the service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service HorribleDazyDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day. We made reservations and expected outdoor seating. When we arrived they said we needed to sit inside despite many open tables outside. The hostesses were rude and the tables were still empty outside when we left. Our waiter was sub par and did not refill coffee, nor bring items we requested. While the food is good, it does not make up for the bad service. There are too many other great places in Charleston and Mount Pleasant. We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- LovelySalsaDined on 6/15/2014First time eating here. Great food and wonderful service. Waiter introduced me to a hot beverage called a Tulsi. Organic orange ginger. Enjoyed it so much I purchased more of it next door. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineaticDined on 6/8/2014We had a wonderful lunch. The service was terrific and so was the food.Special Features:
- Nice courtyard Sunday jazz brunch.DiningbirdVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great menu selection. Attractive dining room and courtyard. Easy parking.Special Features:
- A great place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014A friend and I went to Southerly Restaurant for brunch several days ago. At out request, we were seated on the patio which is a really pleasant place. Although Coleman Boulevard is not far away, you wouldn't know it because of the high walls surrounding the patio. The feeling is that of a quiet spot. It is decorated nicely and is a good place for brunch or a leisurely lunch or dinner. The food was quite good, and the service, too. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchIslandgirlDined on 6/8/2014We had an early morning Sunday brunch. Delicious food and a great waiter - never intrusive, but always on top of things. Because we at at 9 am (and stayed til 11), we missed the music. A lovely place to sit on the patio and have a great meal with friends.Special Features:
- DisappointingChasLocal44VIPDined on 6/7/2014After being seated, we waited five minutes before our server greeted us. The restaurant was NOT crowded. Our food was delivered by a runner. Our server passed our table without asking us if everything was okay. The food itself was mediocre at best. My husband said his chicken and waffles were bland. My eggs Benedict looked like they had been sitting awhile.
- Nice surpriseSarahDined on 6/6/2014Went with 5 friends not knowing what to expect and had a terrific meal. The menu looks spar at first glance, but with the specials, had a varied selection that fit every taste. I will recommend it and will go back.Special Features:
- Must go!RosieluvsitDined on 5/30/2014Great food, great ambience, and fantastic ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.