Southerly Restaurant and Patio
730 Coleman Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Southerly Restaurant and Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southernseason.com/restaurant/charleston/
- Phone: (843) 416-3965
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chad Billings
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering through our Southern Season Deli and Prepared Foods department. Visit www.southernseason.com and click on catering for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Fully private dining room can accommodate up to 80. Patio bar that is directly adjacent to private dining room can be privatized and dedicated solely to the private dining area to accommodate up to 125 persons and live music.
Visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
- Private Party Contact: Micka Robinson 843-416-3967x
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday evenings 6-9, and Sundays during brunch 11-2.
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available for special events. Call our special events staff to inquire about hosting your next event at Southerly. 416-3967 or visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
A word from Southerly Restaurant and Patio
Southerly Restaurant and Patio at Southern Season provides fine-dining-quality food with the cost and accessibility of a neighborhood eatery. Boasting multiple seating options, patrons can grab a drink at the bar, converse over dinner in the main dining room, reserve private seating or relax under a cool sea breeze on the expansive outdoor patio. Operating with staunch dedication to use produce and products native to the area, our restaurants bring forth charming, delicious cuisine without fail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Southerly Restaurant and Patio - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Southerly Restaurant and Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (52)great for brunch (50)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (41)great for lunch (38)special occasion (26)kid-friendly (14)romantic (10)notable wine list (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I was recommended by a friend to come here for lunch and it was wonderful! Would definitely like to come back in the evening to dine outside and have drinks at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Evening1curiousdinerDined on 11/16/2014We had "Thought" about eating at Southerly each time we visited Southern Season but decided to visit this week. I had the 48 Hour Short Ribs. They were the Best I have had . They were served on pasta with mushroom sauce. My wife had the "Fish and Chips" which was a creative presentation she enjoyed as well. We had as pleasant surprise by hearing a Jazz Combo in the adjacent room which added to the evening's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal - and very good value.CadetDined on 11/15/2014Menu is not very extensive yet the choices offer good variety and local sourcing for much of the off menu. Our party of five had four different entrees along with three different appetizers - we were very pleased. This is becoming our fall back restaurant in Mt. Pleasant when we just want a good meal close by. Staff does a great job too - if they don't know they go find out. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, quiet environmentwxman77VIPDined on 11/15/2014A wonderful local addition to the Charleston restaurant scene. The food, service and environment were all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekend brunchGregVIPDined on 11/15/2014My friend from Chicago and I wanted to have a nice Saturday brunch before heading to Wadmalaw Island. We stopped at the Southerly, since I had heard great things from my friends. We were not disappointed. The deviled eggs appetizer is delicious! I had the Lowcountry Benedict with a fried green tomato and crab cake. My friend enjoyed the classic Eggs Benedict. We were so happy with our meal that we returned on Sunday for brunch, and we tried the French toast and the huevos rancheros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southerly - A Happy DiscoverymudpuppieDined on 11/3/2014Lunch for the first time at Southerly was a most enjoyable experience. The food was delicious and the service was very good. I look forward to my next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014The best eggs and bacon I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Southerly- wonderful cuisineKleeVIPDined on 11/2/2014This gem of a place is next to Southern Season, a wonderful upscale food market~ where hard to find delicacies can be found and interesting items can be found for the gourmet cook. They have a great bakery and ready to go takeout area also. A small area is reserved for a quick cup of coffee or a light meal. We decided to try Southerly for Sunday brunch and it was wonderful. The delightful dining rooms are spacious and booths are available for larger parties. Very comfortable and contemporary. Live music was playing during Sunday brunch and added a nice touch. Would return to Southerly.Special Features:
- Very Good for Food, Lots Of NoiseBirdmanVIPDined on 11/1/2014Brunch at Southerly is an overall positive experience, with a nice selection of tasty offerings delivered by a superb wait staff. Because the restaurant is family-friendly, the noise level can be higher than one would expect. Still, we would definitely put Southerly on our "To Do" list on future visits to the Charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs worksilversmithVIPDined on 10/30/2014Salads, bread & desserts were very good. Entrees so so. Needs to learn how to make much better shrimp & grits for sureSpecial Features:
- Great patio!FoodfriendsfunDined on 10/28/2014First time to Southerly for dinner. Have enjoyed brunch there several times and was always pleasantly surprised with the delicious twists they put on traditional brunch foods. Sat out on the patio. The water wall was great for lighting and ambience. Made for an enjoyable evening with friends. Service was attentive. Maybe it was my choice of dinner, but it wasn't the caliber I was expecting from them. Steak and potatoes. Steak was pretty tough, and the potatoes were basically tater tots. The butterscotch pots de creme dessert was very good though. I believe in second chances, so I will go back for another try.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal!NicoleDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our brunch at the Southerly! The food was wonderful! I've been here for brunch and dinner and was impressed both times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchMichDined on 10/26/2014We had Sunday brunch at Southerly. We were a party of four and had the breakfast quesidilla, the chicken and waffles and the crab cake eggs Benedict. All entrées were very good. Service was attentive and friendly. We are frequent diners at the weathervane in Chapel Hill and Southerly lived up to our expectations.Special Features:
- delicious brunch!mia1Dined on 10/25/2014We celebrated my baby shower here with brunch. Great service, private and quiet, delicious food! Everyone was satisfied with their meals and PJ, our server, satisfied every request. We will definitely return soon!!! Ps, the house made potato chips were the best I've had, seasoned professionals perfectly and my mother raved about her huevos rancheros!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in it's classChefHarryDined on 10/23/2014What a great evening! Tour the store, take your time, enjoy the medium speed of service (not too fast, not too slow), choose from a perfectly sized menu (lots of choices but not so many that you need a degree to read the menu), and stay as long as you like. We had very attentive servers, a very clean and neat table and dining room to enjoy, and even a server that remembered us and our KIDS names from our last visit. If you've never tried Southerly, your missing out.Special Features:
- DelightfulFishyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Took grandchildren, they loved it. Gold coin was an added treat. Server was very friendly and food was very good. My french toast was a little undercooked but was the only misstep in an otherwise delightful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still hopingRegularcustomerVIPDined on 10/19/2014I dine at Southerly a couple of times a month. There are many positives about it that I truly want to like it. However, I consistently find the something lacking. Despite the lovely setting on the terrace and the good live music, the food doesn't measure up. I ordered a belini to begin. It had not a hint of peach essence. I followed with the daily special, a pork chop on a biscuit with cream gravy and eggs, over medium. The chop was fried to a crisp, dry and flavorless. The gravy was bland; no amount of additional salt and pepper could wake it up. The eggs were over-cooked to well. The saving grace was the biscuit, light and tasty. I will try Southerly again, enjoy the music and the setting and hope the food improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014Had a large group and they had plenty of space outside which was great for the kids. Great service from PJ. Excellent food. Lots of variety.Special Features:
- Awesome meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014Breakfast was fantastic! Excellent pancakes and eggs and coffee!Special Features:
- Mama mia, what a breakfast!!CraigVIPDined on 10/15/2014We made a great choice in going to Southerly for breakfast. It was great. The service was awesome and the food was amazing, well-balanced, delicious and satisfying. The space is also nicely appointed with artwork and flowers. It's quite a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggyDined on 10/11/2014Good food in a pleasant, comfortable setting. They accommodated one member of our party with special food restrictions and were kid-friendly.
- Great food shaky serviceAbiAVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great breakfast, server was awesome until halfway through the meal he decided to thoroughly clean the outside patio which is great unless you are waiting 25+ minutes for your bill and can't spend two hours on breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemhmattDined on 10/7/2014Southerly Restaurant and Patio consistently provides excellent food and service. I have never had a bad meal or poor service at Southerly's. I always take my out of town guest to Southerly's because I can depend on Southerly's to exceed my expectations and my guest leave Mount Pleasant with a wonderful dining experience. Their breakfast is out of this world. The atmosphere is pleasant and you can have a conversation with your dinning partner or just relax in their peaceful ambience. You do not hear dishes rattling, waiters running past your table or have to shout to be heard. Southerly's is a very pleasant dining experience, morning, noon or evening. The outdoor patio is pet friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceTheFoodGuruVIPDined on 10/6/2014As usual the food was wonderful (5th trip), but 5th trip with service that left a lot to be desired. Leisurely is one thing, but walking right past a table without at least looking at the patrons to see if they needed anything is wrong.Special Features:
- Southern CookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Good Southern cooking. All of the entrees were good.Special Features:
- Excellent Servicepstrong4Dined on 10/5/2014Very attentive server. Food was hot and delicious.Special Features:
- EnjoyedSmj9rbDined on 9/27/2014Was a nice place to go for brunch. Everyone had brought their kids for the day so it was very loud but food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than the weathervanedisasterVIPDined on 9/26/2014We found Southerly to be better than its counterpart in Chapel Hill (Weathervane) which has been there for years. We liked Southerly and found that they paid good attention to my wife's food allergy, working to prepare several choices that she could eat. Its what we would expect from a first class operation like Southern SeasonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlove2eatDined on 9/21/2014Sunday night is not a good night for service and the food was not perfect. We had a long wait, got some of the orders wrong and one of the steaks was tough. Our waitress was as sweet as could be, but not polished. The gentleman helping her was doing too many things at the same time, it seemed. We were told that the birthday boy got a free dessert, but we were charged for it. No big deal but another example of less than perfect. Great wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for brunchDeniseDined on 9/21/2014Very impressive, unique brunch menu. Looking forward to trying them for dinner.Special Features:
- Good patioklamDined on 9/21/2014Had brunch at the Southerly on a Sunday morning. Was busy enough to make for a fun atmosphere. Patio out back is large and tree covered, so the shade is nice. Want to come back for happy hour sometime. Food is decent and the atmosphere makes it better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014We had Sunday brunch with our adult children. We all throughly enjoyed the food and the live music! Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48 Hour Short RibsFreebird721Dined on 9/20/2014This was one of the best dishes of its kind that I have ever eaten. The Mr. Billingsly bourbon cocktail was out-of-this-world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambience, food, servicehankVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our servicer was very knowledgeable of the menu choices and made good recommendationsSpecial Features:
- Great foodEetlekkerDined on 9/13/2014Everything we ordered were wonderful Great plus that you can buy wine in the store next door and bring it in without crock fee. Service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 1 Complaint!MollyBeeDined on 9/12/2014Food was amazing! We went for restaurant week and every course was delicious! Our server, PJ,was also great! Very personable and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Hbomb26Dined on 9/12/2014The food here never fails to disappoint. New additions make it even better. Service, as always, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014we ate at Southerly as part of restaurant week -- 3 for $30. we chose off the menu of listed items for restaurant week. appetizer, oysters rockafeller were very good and waited for same level for remainder of dinner. sea bass was overcooked and somewhat dry. lobster risotto was good. for dessert i chose rice pudding creme brulee -- not good! rice pudding was once again dry, creme brulee was not hot. so, overall, probably will not be one place that i would go back to.
- fish and burgers were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014not great, but good, the fish and burgers were really good, the salad was fine, the soup okSpecial Features:
- Creative menu. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The Restaurant Week menu was delicious and had adequate portions and options. The wine suggestion was perfect! Chris offered perfect and hospitable service and truly made our experience complete. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.