Southerly Restaurant and Patio
730 Coleman Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Southerly Restaurant and Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southernseason.com/restaurant/charleston/
- Phone: 8434163965x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chad Billings
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering through our Southern Season Deli and Prepared Foods department. Visit www.southernseason.com and click on catering for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Fully private dining room can accommodate up to 80. Patio bar that is directly adjacent to private dining room can be privatized and dedicated solely to the private dining area to accommodate up to 125 persons and live music.
Visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
- Private Party Contact: Micka Robinson 843-416-3967x
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday evenings 6-9, and Sundays during brunch 11-2.
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available for special events. Call our special events staff to inquire about hosting your next event at Southerly. 416-3967 or visit www.southernseason.com for full details.
A word from Southerly Restaurant and Patio
Southerly Restaurant and Patio at Southern Season provides fine-dining-quality food with the cost and accessibility of a neighborhood eatery. Boasting multiple seating options, patrons can grab a drink at the bar, converse over dinner in the main dining room, reserve private seating or relax under a cool sea breeze on the expansive outdoor patio. Operating with staunch dedication to use produce and products native to the area, our restaurants bring forth charming, delicious cuisine without fail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Southerly Restaurant and Patio - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Southerly Restaurant and Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (51)great for brunch (49)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (38)special occasion (33)kid-friendly (23)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DelightfulFishyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Took grandchildren, they loved it. Gold coin was an added treat. Server was very friendly and food was very good. My french toast was a little undercooked but was the only misstep in an otherwise delightful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still hopingRegularcustomerVIPDined on 10/19/2014I dine at Southerly a couple of times a month. There are many positives about it that I truly want to like it. However, I consistently find the something lacking. Despite the lovely setting on the terrace and the good live music, the food doesn't measure up. I ordered a belini to begin. It had not a hint of peach essence. I followed with the daily special, a pork chop on a biscuit with cream gravy and eggs, over medium. The chop was fried to a crisp, dry and flavorless. The gravy was bland; no amount of additional salt and pepper could wake it up. The eggs were over-cooked to well. The saving grace was the biscuit, light and tasty. I will try Southerly again, enjoy the music and the setting and hope the food improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014Had a large group and they had plenty of space outside which was great for the kids. Great service from PJ. Excellent food. Lots of variety.Special Features:
- Awesome meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014Breakfast was fantastic! Excellent pancakes and eggs and coffee!Special Features:
- Mama mia, what a breakfast!!CraigVIPDined on 10/15/2014We made a great choice in going to Southerly for breakfast. It was great. The service was awesome and the food was amazing, well-balanced, delicious and satisfying. The space is also nicely appointed with artwork and flowers. It's quite a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggyDined on 10/11/2014Good food in a pleasant, comfortable setting. They accommodated one member of our party with special food restrictions and were kid-friendly.
- Great food shaky serviceAbiAVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great breakfast, server was awesome until halfway through the meal he decided to thoroughly clean the outside patio which is great unless you are waiting 25+ minutes for your bill and can't spend two hours on breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemhmattDined on 10/7/2014Southerly Restaurant and Patio consistently provides excellent food and service. I have never had a bad meal or poor service at Southerly's. I always take my out of town guest to Southerly's because I can depend on Southerly's to exceed my expectations and my guest leave Mount Pleasant with a wonderful dining experience. Their breakfast is out of this world. The atmosphere is pleasant and you can have a conversation with your dinning partner or just relax in their peaceful ambience. You do not hear dishes rattling, waiters running past your table or have to shout to be heard. Southerly's is a very pleasant dining experience, morning, noon or evening. The outdoor patio is pet friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceTheFoodGuruVIPDined on 10/6/2014As usual the food was wonderful (5th trip), but 5th trip with service that left a lot to be desired. Leisurely is one thing, but walking right past a table without at least looking at the patrons to see if they needed anything is wrong.Special Features:
- Southern CookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Good Southern cooking. All of the entrees were good.Special Features:
- Excellent Servicepstrong4Dined on 10/5/2014Very attentive server. Food was hot and delicious.Special Features:
- EnjoyedSmj9rbDined on 9/27/2014Was a nice place to go for brunch. Everyone had brought their kids for the day so it was very loud but food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than the weathervanedisasterVIPDined on 9/26/2014We found Southerly to be better than its counterpart in Chapel Hill (Weathervane) which has been there for years. We liked Southerly and found that they paid good attention to my wife's food allergy, working to prepare several choices that she could eat. Its what we would expect from a first class operation like Southern SeasonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlove2eatDined on 9/21/2014Sunday night is not a good night for service and the food was not perfect. We had a long wait, got some of the orders wrong and one of the steaks was tough. Our waitress was as sweet as could be, but not polished. The gentleman helping her was doing too many things at the same time, it seemed. We were told that the birthday boy got a free dessert, but we were charged for it. No big deal but another example of less than perfect. Great wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for brunchDeniseDined on 9/21/2014Very impressive, unique brunch menu. Looking forward to trying them for dinner.Special Features:
- Good patioklamDined on 9/21/2014Had brunch at the Southerly on a Sunday morning. Was busy enough to make for a fun atmosphere. Patio out back is large and tree covered, so the shade is nice. Want to come back for happy hour sometime. Food is decent and the atmosphere makes it better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014We had Sunday brunch with our adult children. We all throughly enjoyed the food and the live music! Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48 Hour Short RibsFreebird721Dined on 9/20/2014This was one of the best dishes of its kind that I have ever eaten. The Mr. Billingsly bourbon cocktail was out-of-this-world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambience, food, servicehankVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our servicer was very knowledgeable of the menu choices and made good recommendationsSpecial Features:
- Great foodEetlekkerDined on 9/13/2014Everything we ordered were wonderful Great plus that you can buy wine in the store next door and bring it in without crock fee. Service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 1 Complaint!MollyBeeDined on 9/12/2014Food was amazing! We went for restaurant week and every course was delicious! Our server, PJ,was also great! Very personable and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Hbomb26Dined on 9/12/2014The food here never fails to disappoint. New additions make it even better. Service, as always, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014we ate at Southerly as part of restaurant week -- 3 for $30. we chose off the menu of listed items for restaurant week. appetizer, oysters rockafeller were very good and waited for same level for remainder of dinner. sea bass was overcooked and somewhat dry. lobster risotto was good. for dessert i chose rice pudding creme brulee -- not good! rice pudding was once again dry, creme brulee was not hot. so, overall, probably will not be one place that i would go back to.
- fish and burgers were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014not great, but good, the fish and burgers were really good, the salad was fine, the soup okSpecial Features:
- Creative menu. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The Restaurant Week menu was delicious and had adequate portions and options. The wine suggestion was perfect! Chris offered perfect and hospitable service and truly made our experience complete. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place, great foodLissy84VIPDined on 9/7/2014Went here for brunch with my friends who were very hungover, and our server fixed them up quickly. Food was delicious, drinks were good, service was great and friendly. A classy establishment, so take the time to dress up a bit. They also have a fabulous jazz band, who I didn't even see, but heard. Made for a really great brunch experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationChocolateFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Always a warn environment when you enter this space. The food was delicious and the server Tripp was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014We were please with the menu selection and our server, Jen, was wonderful. Two disappointments: we had a large party and the restaurant was very quiet, which made us feel like we may be disturbing others. Also, we were celebrating a birthday and they told us they didn't do anything for birthdays, couldn't even place a candle in the dessert we paid for. Just minor issues, but worth noting all the same.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmarnotDined on 9/5/2014While the service was great the food needs some work. Our food was either undercooked or not what we expected. An example of this is the chicken and dumplings. Not the southern dish we know.
- DeliciousCoopDined on 9/4/2014Food was delicious, portions were great and selections were spot on for a "Southern" restaurant. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeatDavidVIPDined on 9/1/2014I have been there twice and pleased both times. They have a nice closed in outdoor area behind the restaurant as well. The second time I had lunch outside. Food is very good. I know others who also like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs helpEllenDined on 8/31/2014We arrived for ou reservation and were seated promptly and told our server would be with us "as soon as she can" We then waited and waited. Our hostess brought us water and my husband finally went to the bar to get us a drink. The restaurant was not full and we watched as our appointed server stopped to chat with another table and then pour water for a second table. When she finally came to us we had been waiting over 10 minutes to be acknowledged. With so many choices in dining the service has to be up to par and sadly it was not.
- CsbjimVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food, pleasant environment, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Dinner on patio was a very pleasant event with the Joe Clarke trio playing Frank Sinatra songs. The service was very good as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courtyard Sunday Brunch Jazz TrioDiningbirdVIPDined on 8/24/2014Go for Sunday Brunch and enjoy Jazz trio. Duck confit skillet, crab benedict on fried green tomatoes and $4 belinis make for a nice experience. Saturday is $5 pancake day......3 large pancakes of several offerings, ie blueberry, chocolate chip plus a side of sausage or bacon. Can't beat that deal. All served in a serene attractive dining room or loveley courtyard. They also have music nightly for dinner, but I have never been for that.Special Features:
- I doubt that we will go back.foodfanVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten several times at Southerly. This time while the food was ok, everything else was not. It was dirty -- even the menus. The kitchen was extremely slow and the service was terrible. The best thing about the restaurant is that the music is wonderful.Special Features:
- "Better things to do"DiningCharlestonVIPDined on 8/24/2014Mediocre/average experience. The decor was quite chic and inviting, but a bit flimsy looking for my taste. I prefer hardwoods, brass, copper, thick cut and rustic. It was way too many straight lines and perfect edges for my sensibility. Service staff was pitifully uninformed about their own menu, slow, and rather unaccommodating. I hate getting that feeling like the server has better things to do than figure out the needs of their customers. Maybe it was a rookie server? The food was good, nothing in particular wrong with it. Just so generic, conservative, traditional... Much like the decor and the staff. Rather forgettable. Straight lines.
- Good as alwaysSCSCDined on 8/14/2014Good as it always is. However, was disappointed to find our favorite dessert was no longer on the menu. Please bring back the pot de creme. Short ribs and salads that we ordered were great portions and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overallluv2dineoutDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday Brunch with very attentive service in a very comfortable relaxed atmosphere. Our server gave us a "tour' of the restaurant and patio and explained all the services available. He then invited us to visit the store next door which we did. Everyone that we spoke to from the restaurant and throughout the store were friendly and very knowledgeable about the products they were selling. We will definitely return to both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the name fool youBobbyLDined on 7/25/2014For whatever reason, when I see "Kithen" in the title, I thought it would be a low-key place with an informal atmosphere. While it can be informal, the great thing about this restaurant is there were people enjoying an elegant meal beside those in shorts and a shirt enjoying "foodie"-type dishes. The food was wonderful and varied for the four adults. My two year old and give year old were welcomed and treated to very good, kid-appropriate dishes. Service was spectacular. To top it off, a very fine jazz trio softly seranaded the resaurant. It was never overbearing! Great experience and a true surprise. Want to go back for many, varied occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.