South Mountain Grille
One Soaring Eagle Lodge
Snowshoe, WV 26209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
South Mountain Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southmountaingrille.com/
- Phone: 3045722990
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kim Guiden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The South Mountain Grille offers onsite and offsite catering for 20-200+ guests. Please check our website for details: www.southmountaingrille.com
- Private Party Facilities: The South Mountain Grille offers a private dining experience for 24-26 guests. Please check our website for details: www.southmountaingrille.com
- Private Party Contact: Emily 3045722990
- Entertainment: Fridays, Saturdays, special events. Please check our entertainment calendar on www.southmountaingrille.com
A word from South Mountain Grille
The South Mountain Grille is the place for fine dining in the West Virginia Highlands. The South Mountain Grille offers exciting New American Cuisine in a casual and relaxing atmosphere. The Grille offers something for everyone from light bites to delicious entrees. Our eclectic menu is regionally inspired and locally sourced, in season. Chef Kim and the entire South Mountain Grille staff welcome the opportunity to provide you, your family and guests with a memorable dining experience. Whether you’re looking for après ski, a great meal, or a late night cocktail, the South Mountain Grille is your place for a little West Virginia hospitality, gracious service, and excellent cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
South Mountain Grille - Best Restaurants in Snowshoe ›
South Mountain Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- GrilleCapGrillVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife's steak was good but my Wok pork dish not so hot. Maybe stay away from the Wok menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/16/2014What a thoroughly wonderful experience! Spectacular Food, courteous and knowledgable staff and just an all around pleasant ambiance. We will definitely go back again and again. Well worth the trip!Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the South Mountain Grille reviews archive.
- Another delicious dinerCindyCsmlDined on 3/29/2014Our annual tradition with another couple end the season with diner at South Mountain Grill, also birthday celebration for the wives. We have been doing this since 2005, all agree South Mountain Grill the best on the mountain since Red Fox Inn. Good thing we did have diner there as tradition this past Saturday night as Snowshoe announced not going to reopen for first weekend of April yesterday morning (3/31) on facebook. 7 months till next ski season! Will be up over the summer for at least one diner out.Special Features:
- GeorgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Food was good, wait staff helpful and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premium price, average foodTonyMVIPDined on 2/22/2014I don't know why there can't be a great restaurant around SnowShoe. My daughter's fish was overcooked and extremely dry. My wife's chicken wasn't very good. My rack of veal wasn't hitting on much. Great atmosphere though and probably the only place you can book reservations on the mountain. Our server was great.Special Features:
- Nice BreakstomachhappyDined on 2/22/2014This restaurant at Snowshoe Resort, in WV. It is a nice break from the crowded village area and the restaurants in the village. I would go back to this restaurant again, for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty bad food / rather expensiveRoseDined on 2/16/2014Quality of the food varied from mediocre to poor. The $43 lamb loin was the worst part. Ordered it medium rare, it was well done. The flavor was a bit gamey (and I love lamb) and it was a poor cut of meat - tough and seemed to be cut along the grain. The flatiron steak was okay and the twice baked potato it came with was good. I don't mind the high prices since it's a resort restaurant but they really need to bring up the quality of the food if they want to maintain this kind of menu.
- Good food, bad experienceKLFVADined on 2/15/2014I made a reservation over a month in advance for a Valentine's Day celebration (on 2/15). We arrived on time and were promptly seated right by the bathroom and the front door (which opened every 30 seconds or so, blasting cold air onto our table; why they refuse to close the curtains they have hanging there is beyond me!; we did ask that they be closed, and were granted our wish, for about 30 seconds, when the cranky hostess opened them again). How romantic! We did ask to be reseated, but were not accommodated by the cranky hostess. Fortunately our server was excellent, as was the food. As one might suspect, the door/bathroom tables are somewhat lacking in ambience. Not exactly what we had in mind for celebrating Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experiencefoodexplorersDined on 2/15/2014The best place for dinner on the mountain. High end restaurant which is high end from service thru dessert. Highly recommend the cottage cheese bisque, mango scallops, mountain surf and turf along with the Carmel puff for dessert.Special Features:
- Great spot at SnowshoeSkifoodieDined on 2/14/2014Great food, good service, vibrant scene... fit for foodies and wine afficianadosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All food at Snowshoe is lessfoodservice101Dined on 2/14/2014All food at Snowshoe is less than average. We had lunch and dinner at several spots. Service is also very average at best.
- Best food Snowshoe has to offerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We lived this place so much on our first night that we decided to come again for our last dinner. The food far exceeds any other restaurant at Snowshoe. It is priced accordingly but the portions are quite substantial. The wait was very reasonable unlike the restaurants in the village. Unless you are staying at the south mountain you will need to drive or shuttle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the World DiningDPerrinDined on 2/14/2014We recently dined at the South Mountain Grille for our Valentine's dinner while skiing at Snowshoe. We had reservations and were seated immediately. However, we were placed at a high-top, two person table that was against a side wall in the bar section. It felt very out of place and being in the bar area made for a noisy meal. Our food was good and was served promptly but with good spacing between our appetizers, main courses and dessert. Our waitress forgot to offer us bread and we had to ask for some once we saw another waiter bringing it out to his tables of guests. If we go back to Snowshoe in the future, I would not hesitate to make reservations at this restaurant again. (Although I would ask for a better table position.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anyone who misses the RedCindyCsmlDined on 2/8/2014Anyone who misses the Red Fox Restaurant you will be very happy with the menu and food here. We were told the chef was the sous chef at the Red Fox. Yes on the higher side price wise but we find it well worth it, have been twice this season with friends and family just the other night, all agree much better than the previous restaurant. Now our two favorite places to eat on special occasions while at Snowshoe are South Mountain Grill and the Elk River restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet on the mountainNikkiHP22Dined on 2/7/2014We have to make 2 reservations at SMG every trip to Snowshoe Mountain Resort. I had the potato gnocchi in cream sauce with crumbled blue cheese and walnuts, hubby had the filet, both delish! Good size portions as well. Desert is a must - the chocolate banana cake is perfect with coffee. Also a MUST is the cottage cheese bisque! YUMMo! See you next year SMG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a great atmosphereJMF1Dined on 2/4/2014Our group tried several of the appetizers, as well as the entrees and desserts. Everything was top-notch. The vegetarian of the group had no trouble finding something good on the menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent / New bartender neededNovaSkierDined on 1/30/2014We've eaten at this restaurant many times over the last 5 years. We can only describe its quality as inconsistent. This last and final visit (we won't be back) required me to send back my mojito as the lime juice appeared to be missing. They brought the drink back with some Roses' lime juice added. Since the lime slice on the side of the glass was embarrassingly old, I can only assume that someone forgot to order limes. I sent it back with a request for an old fashioned instead. It was acceptable but nothing special. The Greek bruschetta was actually very good. The gnocchi was too heavy to finish. The bill came to nearly $250 for four people. Overpriced for the quality. The bright lights over the table next to us was annoying.
- Great dining in the mountaindrenmattDined on 1/25/2014I took my girlfriend on a ski trip for her birthday and we enjoyed her birthday dinner here. I had pork tenderloin in a cherry balsamic reduction sauce and she had the filet mignon. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. The only complaint we had is our food was served a bit cold. The only parts of our meal that was warm enough were the potatoes. Clearly the meat station and veggie station were waiting on the potatoes to get done. Other than that, the food was very flavorful and welleexecuted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!charlescDined on 1/18/2014Had a great dining experience!! Food was great and the reservations were on time!! Will recomend to all my friends and family!! Hope to see you again in the future!! Thanks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMindEDined on 1/2/2014The food was truly outstanding. Surprisingly so. The wok dishes are great and the flat iron steak was the favorite. Although the kitchen was a little on the slow side, the service was friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis on the Mountainsobx1VIPDined on 1/1/2014Heard about this restaurant from a friend......and am happy I tried it. Was at Snowshoe for several days and ate here twice/ drinks one night. 1) Make reservations! This is the only truly "nice" restaurant on the Mountain....and it does get crowded. I even noticed the management doing everything they could to accommodate very large groups that did not make reservations.... 2) I'm not sure what I was expecting "food wise" but I was truly surprised by the quality and variety on the menu! Very high end. But then, the Brunch was just what we needed in "Comfort Food".... 3) if you can't get reservations, you can get food at the bar....which is fun too. For a new-ish place, it is making a positive mark on the Mountain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencetravelerDined on 12/31/2013Excellent dining experience. The food and service were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been...ljsmithhDined on 12/30/2013The food was good. We had reservations and had to wait for our table that was set up in the foyer of the restaurant. Our waitress had a broken arm and was very confused with our group of 12. If they could step up their service and management, it would be a great place overall.Special Features:
- Start upOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/30/2013Our meal was good, but not great. We dined 12/27 and 12/30. This weekend was the beginning of ski season. They were very busy. They still need to work out the kinks. Usually by mid-season, things are much better.
- Best place at SnowshoeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/28/2013Make sure you don't miss he best place to done at Snowshoe! They take reservations and had out table waiting. Great vibe, nice bar, good wine list, great food, and great device too! Wish we would have discovered this place earlier on our trip. Don't wait in long lines at the village restaurants! Only place we are eating dinner there from now on. They also have Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant at SnowShoefoodexplorersDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant is pricy but well worth it! The food was phenomenal and the service was outstanding. I highly recommend the mango scallop appetizer. The flatiron steak and the spicy clam linguini were delicious and the berry bunt cake and chocolate torte were the icing on the cake. We will definitely be back again...at least once each time we come back to snowshoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on the mountainOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/19/2013We really enjoyed our recent dinner at South Mountain Grille. Our waiter was Mark, a ski volunteer by day and a waiter at night. The service was prompt and friendly. My wife had the spring rolls, the portobello mushroom appetizer and the cottage cheese soup. I had the Szechewan beef wok. Of course we shared everything with the objective of figuring out the ingredients so that we could make them at home. The best and most unuisual was the protobello mushroom dish......yummy. The dressing was a sun-dried tomatoe vinegarette. Everyone need to try to cottage cheese soup - awesome and I'm sure very fattening but work it if you share. We'll be back for sure. BobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.