South Fork Grille
23161 Village Shops Way
Estero, FL 33928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
South Fork Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://southforkgrille.com/
- Phone: 2399925040x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4;00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Mark Lorenz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: South Fork Grille offers catering both on and off premise. From small dinner parties to large theme parties, Chef Darin"s creativity will enhance and personalize your event.
Live in Rapallo or The Residence's at Coconut Point? Enjoy our door to door plate delivery service for lunch or dinner. Food will arrive on plates ready to serve, great for a lunch for two or a dinner party of 10! Or, make pre arrangements dropping off your own platters and let us fill and deliver for your event!
- Entertainment: Late night live entertainment on our outdoor patio or indoors in the lounge area. Check our website southforkgrille.com for entertainment schedule and upcoming events which include wine dinners, wine and cheese tastings, ladies night out, and dinner & movie events.
A word from South Fork Grille
We are that go-to spot for a fun environment and delicious food. You know, that place in the neighborhood where locals gather to kick back and take a night off from cooking. We truly believe we've created something that you cant get anywhere else in the area. Our wait staff is dedicated to providing friendly and personalized service. Want to know what their menu favorites are? Just ask! Want something special added or taken away from a salad or other dish? Just ask. They are here to make sure that you have an excellent experience each and every time you come by. You see, we care about every dish we put out, every single day. Our focus is on local and regional ingredients. Enjoy a great afternoon or evening out at our restaurant. And don't forget, our patio is always pet friendly.Continued
We can't wait to serve You!
We can't wait to serve You!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
South Fork Grille - Best Restaurants in Estero ›
South Fork Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (12)romantic (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- New MenuNICOLETTEVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great new menu. Fun dining experience with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time experiencefoodyDined on 9/12/2014The food and the service was good but I told them when making reservation it was my girlfriends birthday and that did nothing for that. I always feel good when they give a free dessert and sing happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very goodTomBVIPDined on 9/7/2014A pleasant surprise! My husband and I stopped here for lunch, and it was so good, that we brought friends back for dinner! Baked Brie, Short Ribs, Scallops, Rib Eye, Grouper...it was all delicious! The server was knowledgable with wines and all of the food preparation. A pleasurable evening was had by all!Special Features:
- great happy hourJLCBVIPDined on 9/3/2014Shaun creates a friendly atmosphere the two times we have visited South Fork Grille. The three and four dollar appetizers are delicious, the wine and brownie sundae wete great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW MENU COMINGNICOLETTEVIPDined on 9/2/2014Once again we had a great dining experience and everything was outstanding. A new menu and new decor is on the way and it looks like it will be fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour!LovestodineVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love South Fork and stumbled in on happy hour....what great deals on the food we already love! Baked brie, crab cakes, steak and onion sandwich, hummus....very satisfying tapas with wonderful wine list....be sure to sit in Jessie's station....she's like having a friend join you....top notch service always with a smile.Special Features:
- Hidden GemDebraDined on 8/25/2014My favorite restaurant. Great food and atmosphere. Fabulous chef.Special Features:
- Twice in one week says it allLuv2dineoutDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I visited South Fork after a several months of being away and were met with wonderful food, music and service. We quickly took our good friends there 3 nights later and no disappointment, everything excellent again. Salmon, Short Ribs, Gnocchi with sirloin all perfect. Service is great (especially Paul) and food is served very hot a frequent problem for us in other establishments. Nice wine selection and terrific music on Friday night.Special Features:
- Could be betterSimple2eatDined on 8/24/2014Will be nicer when remodel is done. Lot of sauces covering up mediocre meat/chicken and vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmeltravelerVIPDined on 8/24/2014There were a couple of negative reviews, but we decided to take a chance, and we're glad that we did. Our service was fabulous, as was our food. So glad we went. It could be our new fav. Be aware it's wine and beer only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for any occasion!amazingDined on 8/22/2014We had reservations and grabbed a quick drink at the bar first. The bartender was friendly snd knowleagble on the entire wine and beer selection. They have several craft beers as well as a large wine list. We ate outside and enjoyed the weather as well as the music on Friday night. The wait staff was friendly and made excellent recommendations. We had several different dishes and they were all executed by very exceptional chefs. We will definitely be returning for more food, drinks and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FUN DINING EXPERIENCENICOLETTEVIPDined on 8/19/2014An outstanding and fun dining experience, especially during the happy hour event. Great value and great food options. Jesse, our server, went out of her way to ensure every element of our dining exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- dinesoutoftenVIPDined on 8/14/2014Have dined there on several occasions. The quality of the food is excellent and has always been consistent. The menu is very flexible with changing out your sides. The restaurant is very accommodating to your needs. The servers are very friendly and helpful. The food quality is excellent. My husband had the flat iron pork and I had the snapper. Both dishes were superb. The flat iron pork was so tender you cut it with a fork. Southwest Florida has many restaurant to choose from, lots of competition and South Fork Grille is on our top list of places to dine.Special Features:
- We won't be returning!DeliciousDined on 8/14/2014The air conditioning was out of order for the 2nd day. I think I should have been called to have the option of cancelling before arriving & not having another restaurant to go to last minute. Inside was hot, smokey & smelling of combinations of food cooking. We chose to dine outside in 89 degree heat. Better choice....no! Flies spoiled an already uncomfortable situation. The service by Paul was prompt but pretentious. He recommended an Argentinean wine. He did not give price until, the other couple with us who ordered it, asked after they were drinking it. Paul said he only mentions wine prices if over $45. I think it waitstaff should advise of the price of wine and or specials. The food was just good for the value, not great.
- Great AmbianceDogLoverDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant had a great ambiance and I loved that their patio was pet friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. OK serviceERISAdudeDined on 7/25/2014The food was very tasty and offered a nice combination if flavored. The staff was attentive, but the waiter seemed disappointed that we were not ordering drinks or dessert. The atmosphere was nice; a little quiet for my tastes. Our only issue was that there were a couple of entrances, whose use prevented the inside from being as cool as we prefer. Kids meals were nice portions and nicely priced. The kids chicken fingers were especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be much betterHappyHungerVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time here. After reading the reviews, I thought we should give it a try. Our waitress had little personality and keep forgetting the basics. Water refills, new silverware after she had taken ours. The killer was when she brought our bill and we weren't finished dining. Management needs to go back to school. And train the wait staff.
- Disappointingly Awful ExperienceanthonyDined on 7/25/2014In season this was a favorite but their summer chef and staff must be temporary as they are terrible. No bread & butter served. When I finally got the waitress attention she said b&b was on request. Fish entree I ordered was overcooked and very dry while the accompanying potatoes were undercooked and half raw. After dinner coffee tasted like it was in the pot for hours. Waitress never once checked on us; had to flag her down and get her attention for anything we needed. I was out to dinner 3 evenings this week at this and 2 other comparable restaurants. Other restaurant checks averaged $35/person (with coupons). My $50 dinner here (no coupon) was my most expensive but absolutely the worst.
- Local FlairGDudeVIPDined on 7/20/2014We took a chance on a recommendation to try South FOrk and found we loved it. Food and drink was pleasantly presented and the ambience was cozy and fun. looks like a great place for after-work or a weekend meal.Special Features:
- Never againLoveGreatFoodVIPDined on 7/19/2014Back when this place used to be called The Grape I used to love coming here. It was so hard to give up on it that I kept coming in even after they changed the name/menu and the service went down the drain. This time was my last effort, however. We had a horrible server who never checked on us – to refill the drinks, ask if we need something, etc… He was not friendly at all, spoke to us like he was annoyed with our existence. We asked for a check and had to wait forever. After we finally got our check we saw that he charged $60 for a $48 bottle of wine. Again, it took him a long time to fix it and he never apologized. With the “meh” food on top of the bad service, this place is definitely never getting my business again.
- Really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/14/2014Excellent time, really good food, would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchPatrickVIPDined on 7/4/2014Stopped by for a quick lunch. It sounded better that it was. We both got specials. My blackened tuna sandwich with avacado, etc. was good, but the paper this slices of tuna just wasn't what I was expecting, although I appreciated the nice salad with it instead of fries! My partner got a special of grouper with vegetables and fingerling potatoes. The potatoes were probably the best thing. A very skimpy piece of grouper with little seasoning.
- diningnparadiseDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I looked forward to our evening at South Fork. Since I had commented on Open Table that it was our anniversary, we were greeted with two glasses of champagne. I had Seared Scallops and my husband the Grouper, which he chose to have blackened. We both really enjoyed the food. The downside was that I was very uncomfortable with the air temperature. I asked twice to have the air turned cooler, that I had already taken off my jacket and I was still perspiring. The answer was that I was lucky not to be on the other side where there was a table of 10 and they could do nothing for us. The server was attentive to our order, but our water glasses were never refilled. I'd go back, but not in the summer!
- GREAT FOODNICOLETTEVIPDined on 7/1/2014Everything was great and we had a great time. Service (Jessie) could not have been better, truly exceeded our expectations. Food was perfect and just right portions. Happy Hour is the best deal in town. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- great happy hourJLCBVIPDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful appetizers during happy hour and $ 3.25 glasses of wine. South Fork only serves beer and wine and has a wide selection. The grouper with peach salsa on sweet potatoes was delicious and our waiter, Shawn, who happens to be the manager was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCONSISTENTphillyrayDined on 7/1/2014Food was OK but not as great as it was a few weeks earlier. Same item ordered but it was not as good as the previous time. Whatever the reason we will not be rushing back.Special Features:
- Great appetizersonerustyoneVIPDined on 6/19/2014We were blown away by the number of appetizers available on the happy-hour menu and the ridiculously low price. he accompanying wine was excellent and again at a bargain price.Special Features:
- Great x 2BarbaraTVIPDined on 6/8/2014This was our 2nd visit here & it was just as great as our 1st. We didn't realize we were there early enough to partake in their half price wine & appy specials & were we lucky. Our main courses (3 different for 3 guests) were all superb. Keep doing what you're doing South Fork as we will pay you a visit each time we're in SW FL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKekoVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were a group of 14.....never easy. The table was ready, great setting. All the food was amazing, we had steak, pasta, fish, etc. Everyone was talking about how good the food was. Service was also good. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and relaxingLorisDined on 6/5/2014Have a quiet relaxing lunch inside or out. Food is good, with manageable sized portions.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the South Fork Grille reviews archive.
- disappointingflbubVIPDined on 5/13/2014I had the special appetizer- flank steak wrap- was not good
- MskathkwiltsDined on 5/12/2014I had ceviche and pan roasted salmon. Both were very, very good. Please note that they do not have a full bar - only wine and beer.Special Features:
- Still In Transitionpbdiner19Dined on 5/11/2014Recently changed owners......the food is so GREAT!!! Needs a bit of time to get completely transformed with new owners, but, well on the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Fork not ranch food!BambiDined on 5/3/2014This is a gem hidden at Coconut Pointe. We have been in several times and each time enjoyed a really great meal. I had grouper that was prepared with a wrapping of prosciutto, over parmesan risotto, and was divine. Serving was large enough to bring 1/2 home to enjoy the next day. Server was attentive. Very nice dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceDianeDined on 5/3/2014South Fork Grille is a terrific restaurant. There is a special menu each night in addition to the regular menu. There is also a great Happy Hour menu. The serving are almost enough for a meal. The service is always among the best we get anywhere.Special Features:
- Great find in EsteroJon43Dined on 4/25/2014Dinner was terrific. Interesting menu, nicely priced wine, great service. Definitely worthy of returning.Special Features:
- Great food, but no cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/23/2014We really loved everything we ate here, but we were disappointed we were unable to start our evening with a cocktail. Wine was very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The short rib was awesome!!! And Paul our server was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed with foodHarrietDined on 4/19/2014We were very pleased with South Fork Grille. We were a party of 6 and were seated inside (chilly outside). We were able to substitute items from our dinner choices without an up charge. Some had the short ribs which were so tender you could cut them with your fork. Others had scallops which were equally as tasty. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Good food, Good Fridayluv2eatDined on 4/18/2014Out reservation was for 6pm Good Friday. They had record of our reservation, seated us promptly at a well placed table. The place was PACKED! Tables were very close together, with many glass walls, making the place very noisy. My companion and I practically had to scream at each other to be heard. My steak was well-flavored with a demi glaze, but was med.-rare, instead of medium. My companion had an upscale Italian pasta, gnocchi with meat sauce, which she liked. Serving sizes were generous. We did not have any alcohol, as both of us were driving later. All in all, a pleasant experience under sub optimal holiday conditions.Special Features: