South Fork Grill
1129 S. 2nd Ave Suite D
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
South Fork Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southforkgrillww.biz/
- Phone: 5095224777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steak, American
- Executive Chef: David Belcher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South Fork Grill is able to handle any of your catering needs.
A word from South Fork Grill
South Fork Grill is a casual friendly bistro style restaurant. We serve very fresh farm to table type food. We have a covered patio area that is loved by many & are known for our dessert case (all made by our in house pastry chef). We serve steak, seafood, pasta, burgers & vegetarian items. We are happy to modify to serve any allergies or special eating requests. The Executive Chef, David Belcher has over 25 years of serving quality dishes. The owners, Chris and Jodi are a Walla Walla couple often on site wondering around looking for good conversation & smiles on your face! SFG is popular with the locals & is located just outside the downtown area south of town. When making online reservations you are not able to request certain tables. If you would like to request patio tables or a certain spot, please check with the restaurant directly. And if we are showing no more availability online, we do have an expansive patio that still may have seating available for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
South Fork Grill - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
South Fork Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (16)special occasion (14)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Poorest food we have ever eaten.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014This was honestly the worst restaurant experience we have had. The restaurant was not even 1/2 & it took us over 1-1/2 hours to get our food. The waitress blamed the wait because we had an appetizer, soup & salad. The soup was lukewarm & when our food finally arrived, everything was cold & the quality of the meat was terrible. I have never left a beef tenderloin on my plate in a restaurant & I did here. We were a group of six who usually don't complain & when we did she then came back and said (after we were finished) eating that they would make a couple more entrees for us if we wanted or give us a couple desserts. Dissapointing that the manager didn't even come out to talk to us & that never once did the waitress apologize.Special Features:
- Great place!RyanDined on 8/10/2014Good food! Always something new to try. Dessert is Devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but priceytraceya2000Dined on 8/9/2014This restaurant uses locally sourced foods as much as possible. They are more than happy to make substitutions and accommodate dietary restrictions. Food was flavorful and fresh. I ordered the steak which came with a scattering of fingerling potatoes and 2 small pieces of broccoli. The sauce was wonderful and the steak was properly prepared to my liking. That said the portion size was quite small and although I wasn't necessarily hungry when I was done it was around $30 for I would say maybe 2 or 3 oz's meat. Although our server was charming, service was quite slow. She said she was waiting to bring us bread as she was warming it in the oven however when it came to the table probably 15 minutes later it definitely had not been in an oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraDined on 8/8/2014The food was very good and the service also. My husband ordered a Cucumber and Basil Martini and it was excellent. Their wines by the glass were well chosen.Special Features:
- Good, basic grill.Tiger1VIPDined on 8/7/2014I had prime rib; my husband had Flat Iron steak w/green peppercorn sauce. Food was adequately prepared; his was better than mine. Presentation was very lacking. Meat on one side of the plate; fingerling potatoes and plain slices of yellow squash on the other. At least his had a sauce to help decorate the other-wise very white plate. Mine did have au jus and horseradish sauce on the side.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Enjoyed the experience very much, however we sat outside in a spot where the flys kept comig at us. They bothered us the whole time. Would be nice if something could be done about them?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FndHalSDined on 7/25/2014Away from the down town scene, food was great, our server was friendly and knowledgeable. Shee Let us taste a couple of wines that landed us on a great bottle from Walla Walla Vineyards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was underookedvisiterDined on 7/23/2014Everything was good until my steak arrived, ordered med rare and arrived rare-cold and blue in the centerSpecial Features:
- We will definitely be returning.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Hats off to both, the head chef and pastry chef! Our entrees were fantastic and we had scoped the dessert selection prior to ordering.Special Features:
- Hits and MissesJaraniDined on 7/15/2014Some exceptional food, some bland and problematic. Gristly prime rib, and an extremely bitter ingredient in the vague crab cakes. Excellent housemade pasta and focaccia, and a wonderful marionberry pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online reservationtg509Dined on 7/15/2014The online reservation format was easy to follow and worked perfectly.Special Features:
- New chef forgot how to season foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Hate to be negative, so I will start with the positive. The service was very good , attentive , smart and upbeat. Unfortunately the food was not up to par. My wive's lamb and potato and my chicken were bland, not seasoned as you would expect. With every bite we were thinking we could make these dishes better at home. We will not be back soon. We miss the old chef and the old menu.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperiencechiprackDined on 7/11/2014I had the steak, which was very good. I'm in a minority of people who prefer their steak cooked well, and this was more rare than I'd prefer, but it was delicious and I won't knock the restaurant for it. My wife chose the special, a mahi mahi dish, but was not as happy with it as it was somewhat dry and lacked that "special something." Overall, the experience was pleasant, it was a good meal and nice wine. The indoor seating is a bit small and it feels a little more like a lunch cafe than a fine dinner restaurant, but if you can reserve a booth you won't be disappointed. Large outdoor seating for summer dining, but on hot Walla Walla evenings we prefer air-conditioning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatKasparDined on 6/17/2014My Mahi mahi tacos were skimpy and not that interesting...the waiter forgot to put in our appetizer order, brought our beer to us with the bottle set inside the pint glass,didn't seem clean. The pie I had was very average, like something I could have made myself. This is the first time I have been to the Southfork Grill, I absolutely loved every meal I had at the Creektown restaurant that preceded it. I had high hopes, but was a bit disappointed with my food, service and the overall ambience. The tables are so close together it is difficult to ignore the conversations of the groups around you. If you go...make sure you get a booth if you are eating inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriDined on 6/3/2014I've eaten here several times and the food is always great, service is excellent and it's a bargin compared to some similar places in Walla Walla. The desserts are also yummy!Special Features:
- Not the NormCountryKatDined on 5/24/2014Living in tri-cities can be a drag when it comes to restaurants. South Fork Grill is only 50 minutes from our house and the drive along the river was very scenic and nice. It was worth it to dine somewhere that was elegant and not a chain. My husband ordered the lamb shank and I had the Ahi tuna, which was the special. Both dishes not only looked amazing but tasted fabulous! Cozy atmosphere with tons of old pics hanging on the walls. I can't wait for the next date night where my husband and I can make the trek to SFG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining excellence!David1Dined on 5/23/2014Great food, service, and location. What more could you want? The food exceeded our wildest expectations and we're still talking about it today. The service was excellent - they not only treated you like a valued customer, but like an old friend. We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/21/2014My first time at the South Fork Grill was a real pleasure. We dined outside on a nice sunny evening. I had the swordfish special and it was superb. i would go there again.Special Features:
- dinner 5/18/14OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014My wife and I had a great dinner and the wine flight was great you guys should do that with every wine of the month.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014South Fork Grill is a favorite restaurant that we visit often! Chef Dave has a great combo of foods, the wine list features excellent Walla Walla wines and the staff is tops in efficiency and friendliness. We highly recommend SFG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerquiltinggrandma43Dined on 5/3/2014Dinner was superb...you could visit, but it was a little noisy. There is a lovely outdoor patio, when it gets warmer . Will definitely go back. Ha the seared scallops were divine....other plated dinners that passed our table looked delicious as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dreams of going back!happygirlDined on 5/2/2014The chicken was so wonderful that I seriously had dreams of going back that night! We sat outside and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for my BirthdayBrookieBVIPDined on 4/28/2014They have a small menu and didn't have most of the dishes they had listed. Food was so/so but if you going to not have the menu you should probably let your customers know before they sit down. It wasn't the waitress fault but the owners. It puts stress on your employees when we kept asking okay will have this and then they have to continue to say... nope sorry we are out of that over and over again. We will probably not come to eat here again when we visit Walla Walla again. Especially since I went for my birthday and it wasn't the atmosphere I was hoping for.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Both the food and the service was great! Best meal I have eaten in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the South Fork Grill reviews archive.
- very pleasantTastebudVIPDined on 4/14/2014Sat outside for lunch. server didn't rush us. Food was very pleasant and she allowed us to linger and chat without too much fuss.Special Features:
- always consistentTastebudVIPDined on 4/8/2014Have had a few great meals there in the last few months and they are consistently great. The wine list changes enough to be still interesting for locals and the food is always good and reasonably priced. Don't skip dessert!Special Features:
- disappointinglaurmeisterVIPDined on 4/5/2014my husband and I ate there on a busy Saturday night. He ordered the steak and it was so thin, looked like a breakfast steak. they had prime rib as a special and we saw the next table over had ordered it but again, they cut it very thin. you don't serve steaks thin! we ordered the grilled Caesar salads, very disappointing as well. never got offered desert, but after the dinner had, we were not planning on it. will not be back, nor recommend to anyone.
- DisappointedMichelleDined on 4/5/2014We were disappointed with our food. My husband ordered prime rib, half of which was fat. The vegetables were too al dente for his taste. It is disappointing to spend almost $30 on an entree and only have half of the food be edible. I tried the fried chicken and enjoyed the spiciness of the coating. One piece was cooked well, but the other pieces were overcooked and dry. The side dishes were good, but nothing special. Overall, I think we enjoyed the bread and wine most of all.Special Features:
- The food was good,but theOregonianDined on 4/4/2014The food was good,but the restaurant was a bit dingy and overheated. I suppose given the reviews, I expected more.
- Great food - healthy portionsJH69Dined on 4/4/2014This was far and away one of the best meals that we has while we were in Walla Walla. In fact it was so good we went back for lunch the next daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentTonybefitDined on 3/26/2014We can always rely on Southfork Grill for consistency in food service quality and terrific atmosphere :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stand out place!koltovDined on 3/24/2014We felt like one of the locals -- clearly a hidden favorite. The place was FULL on a Monday night! The food was wonderful and the hostess was perfectly attentive. We would definitely go back again.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandJMN13Dined on 3/23/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. I had the Special (top sirloin w/ chimichurri), a bowl of french onion soup and grilled caesar salad. My wife had the New York steak w/ creamed spinach. Both of us ordered our steaks medium rare. Mine was medium rare but there was only enough chimichurri for one small bite. The onion soup was not bad, but the grilled caesar salad had NO flavor, I take that back, the one anchovy and the three olives had flavor. My wife's steak was maybe 1/3 inch thick and was cooked medium well/well done. The creamed spinach was watery and had NO flavor. The Black Beast dessert was the best part of the meal and went well with the Amavi wine. Overall, the main course was bland and not worth the $75 spent.
- A fine night outW2outandaboutDined on 3/22/2014From the bread basket with yummy fresh bread to the exceptional dessert, South Fork Grill was a treat. We ate inside this time, but if you get a chance, try the patio. The desserts here are to die for and local foods make the entrees well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food you can always count on!PenelopeDined on 3/21/2014The food is so good, the specials are always very good. Great sips, salads and oh my gosh the desserts!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!GeorgeDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful staff, menu, and the food was beyond wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best filet mignon!gmitchellDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had our "one day late" Valentine's dinner at South Fork Grill. We knew that it would be a great night and it was. We both ordered an apple cranberry salad and the filet mignon. Both of our steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned and the mashed potatoes were excellent. We had a great night at a great restaurant!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience on ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful experience on Valentine Day. Food was great and the service excellent. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!MTJohnsonDined on 2/14/2014Loved loved loved the steak and the fried chicken. WE WILL BE VISITING AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchTravelerDined on 1/29/2014Good food. Service was good and non-intrusive to business discussions. Would recommend to anyone either business or casual lunch. Must be fun in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.