South Fin Grill
300 Father Capodanno Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
South Fin Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southfingrill.com/
- Phone: 7184477679x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Sunset Prefixe: Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Russell Guarneri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: South Fin Grill offers a unique combination of delectable seafood, exquisite décor, and breath-taking views.
- Private Party Contact: Event Planner 8886784584
- Special Events: ULTIMATE UNWIND HAPPY HOUR Monday - Friday 4pm-7pm - 1/2 price cocktails in our Lounge.
SUNSET PREFIXE - Every Monday through Friday from 4 pm - 6 pm enjoy a 3 course menu for only $19.99 , ask your server to view our menu.
FOUR SEASONS SUNDAY BRUNCH - 11am - 2pm with buffet selections changing with each season, our spectacular four seasons brucnh keeps it fresh 52 weeks a year. Your oceanfront buffet includes 1 complimentary brunch cocktail, choice of Mimosa or Bloody Mary - $29pp
A word from South Fin Grill
South Fin Grill offers delectable seafood with a view! Spectacular ocean front views of the Verazano Bridge and the entrance to New York Harbor. Watch sailboats and cruise ships glide through the harbor. South Fin Grill promises to be the premiere Seafood Restaurant in Staten Island. With breathtaking views and elegant surroundings, you can have an intimate dinner for two, or throw a wonderful party of up to 125 people. We have a sushi and a raw bar as well.Continued
Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4 - 7pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4 - 7pm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
South Fin Grill - Best Restaurants in Staten Island ›
South Fin Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (39)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (25)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurant!ColbyDined on 9/13/2014I loved dining at the South Fin Grill! The food was delectable... I had the filet mignon with baby carrots and mashed potatoes, and bread pudding with vanilla gelato for dessert. The beach side view seating by the window was phenomenal! I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poornycgram105Dined on 9/7/2014i have eaten at the South Fin Grill several times in the past and always enjoyed the experience. Sunday's brunch was a disappointment. the "hot" food was cold and unappealing - except for the eggs wjhich were freshly prepared and very good. I am not in a hurry to try it again. The reason given was that a large bridal shower was in full swing and that affected the rest of the restaurant. If that is the case hire more staff when you have a large party besides brunch.Special Features:
- our anniversary a romantic settingBandMDined on 8/31/2014The setting is great the service is average the food was poor and the drinks were weak. We will not return.Special Features:
- MariaDTDined on 8/23/2014The service was stellar, from the moment you walk through the glass doors into the restaurant. A dream team of excellence straight through. I have been to the restaurant on several occasions Wednesday nights in the lounge area and dining on weekends. It’s been an amazing & delightful experience each and every time I have been there. I recently brought my date and friends from Rockaway NJ and they had a blast. The server was very attentive as well as the head matradee. The food was fantastic. This will definitely be our favorite hot spot on Staten Island. Heartfelt thanks for the superior service given! Truly appreciated. Stellar!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014The girl I took out to eat Slipped on the floor because it was wet And it didn't seem to concern anybodySpecial Features:
- FarrahnycVIPDined on 8/8/2014Can't beat the view. Food and service very good. The bread pudding is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I am pleased to be able to bring my Brooklyn friends here to enjoy the beautiful views, the boardwalk and the good food. The Lobster mac'n cheese is fantastic.. Not my first, second or third time.. nor will it be my last..Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDorAngelDined on 8/5/2014We went to South Fin Grill for my birthday. I've always wanted to try this restaurant and thought it was the perfect occasion to do so. The food and service were very good. I didn't order dessert because I was too full, but the waiter brought me some ice cream with a lit candle which was very nice. It was quiet maybe especially because it was a Tuesday night. I loved the decor of the restaurant so it was the perfect ambiance for my birthday celebration and I walked away very happy. I will definitely go back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Fin GrillRestaurantmaven12Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent restaurant! Went with a cousin of mine and we go back often. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Service was great! Love it here . The view is impeccable. Loved the boardwalk. Just terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than last time2ThumbsUpVIPDined on 8/2/2014It's been 15 months since my last visit when I had one of the worst meals from a service point of view . Happy to say a much better experience than last. The outside bartenders were excellent as always, professional and engaging! Our waiter(Joe) was also outstanding. The food came out of the kitchen quicker than my past experience(last time waited 45 minutes for an appetizer) , with most of the food being very good except for the fried calamari (mushy) , tuna( dry ) , and vegetables over salted. However the other appetizer, salad and main dishes were very good. Happy to see the improvement !!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Appetizer and dinner good. Sangria excellent. Dessert was nothing to talk about. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014HI,everything was great, celebrated a friends birthday, only problem was we ordered a chocloate martini, and there was no chocolate , waitress was great , said if we didnt like it no problem, unfortunely we didn't like it at all. other wise everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi Tuna a must!AHadlVIPDined on 7/19/2014I love eating seafood and nothing better than being able to eat it by the beach! My husband and I had a 6:45 reservation and were promptly greeted and seated when we arrived. Michael, our server, was courteous and very kind. We had the oyster sampler which was good, but with me being a true oyster eater I could have done without all the special toppings. For dinner he had the Swordfish and I had the 7 Spice Ahi Tuna. Both were more than we expected. I especially loved the Soba Noodles! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Dining with a ViewvincenzoDined on 7/12/2014The grilled swordfish and the pork chop milanese was excellent the desserts were special and the view was spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice nightonthelevel471Dined on 7/3/2014We were out to celebrate our anniversary & had a wonderful evening. We enjoyed the grilled Octopus appitizer & the poached pear salad was very good. My wife loved the horseradish encrusted salmon & the hanger steak that I had was perfect. We shared the bread pudding w/vanilla icecream that was delicious & the added sentiment by our waitress for our special day was wonderful.Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere were fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2014Went for dinner with my boyfriend on a beautiful Saturday night. We were running a little late, the staff was more than gracious to seat us when we arrived. Inside and out were crowded with a graduation party outside, with their own DJ, a large family gathering inside and the bar outside was hopping. That being said, our dinner was quiet and romantic, the staff was very attentive, not intrusive, and dinner was excellent. We thought with the large crowd we were going to have to wait a little longer for our food. Pleasantly surprised they handled the crowd like a well run restaurant. We will be returning again with friends and hopefully be treated to the same excellent service and food & drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CluelessOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014From the start it was bad. Sat down waited 10 minutes for water. When bread came it was frozen on the inside for the prices they should have better bread. food was just ok the beet salad didn't have enough goat chesse to match the beets bad move. This was the second time I went here. I was there two years ago and had the same experience. It's a shame they don't get it could be a great place if done right. Don't waste your time eat some where else. They don't know hospitality
- Beautiful view; slow serviceBeachsideAndBridgeViewDined on 6/15/2014Had a lovely Father's Day lunch with a stunning view of the Verrazano Bridge. Service was slow, it took at least 15 minutes after being seated to get a menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More to be expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014This place has a great view and when my fiancé and I made reservations we were excited. They started at 3:30... Didn't get seated until 4:15 because no out side seats were ready,however, we saw other couples and families be seated... We found this rude. We waited to get service... And waitied. The food isn't worth the pricing, I've had better food at big chain restaurants. Don't get me wrong, to each their own by I won't be going back here for a long waited, cold and mediocre meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingalishecDined on 5/31/2014We were excited to find the South Fin Grill--we noticed a billboard in Brooklyn that sent us there, and ocean views dining in Staten Island? sounded like a great opportunity! The greeting was friendly; the waiter was a lovely, enthusiastic and hard working young man. But the food just did not cut it. Fritters were mushy, Chilean Sea Bass was expensive and a big disappointment, scallops were just okay. We really did expect better. There are many Jersey Shore waterside places that charge have the price with twice the food quality, even if it is served on paper plates!Special Features:
- The following 250 reviews are from the South Fin Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014This place sucked and way over priced. Don't bother
- Great Food!!!RobertDined on 5/3/2014Food was delicious!! Service was very good. Very pretty restaurant and it is on the water. The night we went it was raining so really didn't get outside. But they have a bar out there, so I am sure it is really nice in the good weather.Special Features:
- Anniversary Evening Dinner1May2010Dined on 5/1/2014The wait staff were excellent. There was no wait time. The ambiance was ideal for the occasion. Was a bit confused about the entrance as where we got out of the car for valet parking and went up the stairs. it was not the right entrance. We went back down and walked to the side. Don't recall seeing a sign. The evening was lovely and wound return and recommend to others. I loved it.Special Features:
- An Excellent Experience !BLHowardDined on 4/2/2014We chose South Fin Grill for a get together with former work colleagues and found it to be a perfect setting for this occasion. The service was first rate, the staff was very friendly and accommodating , the food was expertly prepared , not over priced and the view of South Beach and the shore added to the whole experience. We're looking forward to going back in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were closedClosedDined on 4/1/2014We made the reservation for 7pm for Tuesday for my wife's birthday. We had a lot of people (in-laws, friends) driving over an hour to get to the restaurant. When we got there, it was closed. Apparently, they close on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Why did OpenTable confirmed the reservation if they were closed???? I was embarrassed beyond believe having all of my closes friends and family meet us at a restaurant that was closed. Not to mentioned I was in the "dog-house" with my wife for almost a week as a result of this embarrassment.
- Great For BrunchStick66VIPDined on 3/23/2014I've been here for dinner and brunch on many occassions. I've always enjoyed it and this was no exception. We had abrunch for 12 and all had fun. Great food and great value, and very nice people. I will certanly be back. NADSpecial Features:
- BG ReviewBobbyGDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant is in nice location with nice ambience, wait staff a little slow and non- attentive. Food was good, nice presentation; limited spirits selection; and exceptionally quiet for a Saturday night. Maybe pricey for the area.Special Features:
- Very upset and angryMEVBDined on 3/2/2014I made reservations for brunch for six people at 11:30 for my husband's birthday. The restaurant was empty when we arrived aside from a party of two. We were seated at a round table with a beautiful view. There was a table next to us set up for large party but there was no one there as of yet. About midway into our meal the party started to arrive for a surprise party. The people treated the room as if they rented the whole room and stood around us talking, it became very loud and we could hardly hold a conversation. When I brought this to the woman/maitre di attention, she offered to move us, but at that point we were in the middle of eating and did not want to uproot our whole party and that was the last time we saw her.Special Features:
- Not what it used to besharkfinDined on 2/23/2014The Chilean sea bass was ehhh, I was very disappointed. The Bonefish Grill had better Chilean sea bass. I've been to this restaurant many times before, last time over 2 years ago and it's really not what it used to be. The quality of food and service has declined. Our waiter we noticed did not give us any bread or the other customers he served. The other waiter gave all his customers warm bread. The bread is not the point obviously, it's the inconsistent quality of service. My fiancé's steak was not bad, he had the 16 oz. bone-in rib eye. I wouldn't go back to this place again. Overpriced with lackluster food and service.
- Romantic eveningConnieDined on 2/14/2014I have been a regular at the South Fin Grill for many years. This Valentine's day was special for my husband and me and we chose to spend it at South Fin. The staff did not disappoint us. The food was excellent, the staff were very friendly and engaging. We were met at the front desk with glasses of champagne and our table was ready on time. There was live music suitable for dining and we were not rushed being that it was a holiday nite. I recommend this restaurant all year long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good- aTinaDined on 2/12/2014The food was very good- a little expensive for Staten Island but we enjoyed everything very much. The meal starts off with cheddar chive biscuits drenched in butter - really tasty. The scallop with corn pudding entree was excellent as was the fish and chips. Service was also outstanding. The staff couldn't have been more friendly. We will definitely return to South Fin Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchcatsruleDined on 2/9/2014choose Sunday brunch to celebrate our anniversary, my husband had never been before, I had, he was very impressed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories are made of thisgailrDined on 2/8/2014On Saturday, February 8th, I had the pleasure of celebrating my daughter's 40th birthday sat South Fin Grill. The place is full of ambiance which I loved. The food selections were plentiful and delicious. The wine list gave more than ample choices. I especially enjoyed the Scallops with corn pudding, my daughter loved the filet mignon, my son-in-law raved about the tuna and my 8 year old grandson devoured the calamari for dinner. All in all, it was a beautiful dinner. I have already recommended the restaurant to several of my friends and believe that we will be going there again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteDee826VIPDined on 2/1/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants on Staten Island. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with the bunchKarenDDined on 1/5/2014Took my brother from Japan and the rest of the family (some have not been here before) and all were quite impressed. As I knew they would be. The service was impeccable and the food, terrific. I would suggest going for the 11:15am one, as it was the least crowded, and the food ready to be served. Also, try to get the window tables with the beach view, you can never go wrong there. When it's nice out, the outside dining is great for the ambiance of the boardwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why go?foodie913VIPDined on 12/18/2013I can honestly say that the only thing that was good at this restaurant was/is the view. Unfortunately, you can't eat the view.Special Features:
- Steady EddieStick66VIPDined on 11/16/2013I've been going here for a while...dinner and brunch. It has never disappointed! Whether it's with my girl, friends, or family I've always (as have they) enjoyed the food. Service also good here. Now that the golf season is over I'll be seeing ya for brunch soon. NADSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great ServiceSebastianVIPDined on 10/25/2013Great Food and Great Service from the local find. Luis, the server, was very pleasant and attentive. Whatever you need, Luis will make sure you get it. The spicy tuna rolls are uniquely prepared. Great salad wedge. Overall, a great find. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Sunday brunch DisappointmealexVIPDined on 10/13/2013Went for Sunday brunch Disappointment, but on the other hand we did not expect much to begin with.
- Not what it was at the beginning...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2013Not what it was at the beginning.....Food is OK. A shame really considering the location and view. They should stick to appetizers and shell fish hors d'oevres. or tapas....