South City Kitchen Vinings
1675 Cumberland Parkway in One Ivy Walk
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South City Kitchen Vinings
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: (770) 435-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am-3pm (brunch); 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Vinings is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Vinings
With elements of South City Kitchen Midtown and some features unique to this location, South City Kitchen Vinings brings a combination of energy and comfortable metropolitan sophistication to a new neighborhood. Traditional, fresh ingredients prepared in an open exhibition kitchen are used to create our version of contemporary Southern cuisine. The restaurant features an oversized bar with communal tables and cozy booths as well as a dining room lined with French doors that open to a spacious outdoor patio. This is the perfect spot for families and friends to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch or a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
South City Kitchen Vinings - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
South City Kitchen Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (142)fit for foodies (122)special occasion (100)good for groups (98)romantic (63)great for brunch (56)notable wine list (42)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (29)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (15)scenic view (4)Show More
- South City Kitchen Birthday ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Went to SCK for my birthday a few days ago. It was great. the only drawback is limited seating. I was not able to get a reservation for 10. but was able to get a reservation and a round table (which is good for group conversation) for 8 people plus a baby. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who has been thinking about trying it. The service was top notch. the food was amazing. I had the fried chicken with Mashed potatoes and mac 'n cheese. The Mac 'n Cheese was ridiculous. By far the best tasting dish I had there. But the chicken was not far behind. Overall great place for a group outing, great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2014South City Kitchen is always a great choice for a nice dinner. I really prefer the Vinings location since it is much more quiet and less hectic than the midtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDC1117Dined on 11/16/2014Everything about dinner at South City Kitchen Vinings was great. The ambiance was perfect for a relaxing dinner date and I appreciated the friendly, calm, welcoming attitude of the whole staff. We were impressed by the specialty cocktails and the food, of course. How can simple, Southern sides like collard greens and mashed potatoes be so flavorful?! Gouda fritters were a great appetizer recommendation from our server, Erica (who gave flawless service, by the way). My only regret is being too full for dessert and not taking some to go - I'm sure it would have been amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great!coolspringersVIPDined on 11/15/2014South City Kitchen continues to be a favorite of ours when in the Atlanta area. Great southern flair without compromising flavor or freshness. The team here is invested in your experience and it shows - service attitudes, responses and involvement are all exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantwannabegourmetDined on 11/14/2014Just an overall great experience! Great food, great service, great ambiance....comfort food at its finest! Shrimp and Grits off the chart, Jambalaya that will rock your world, Fried chicken to write home about, just a plain old fashioned great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Anniversary Dinner15thDinnerDined on 11/13/2014South City Kitchen is a longtime favorite of ours and the staff was super friendly and accommodating. I was disappointed to learn that the creamy scallops and grits was not on the menu, but I ordered the shrimp and grits. It was nice and spicy. My husband ordered the jambalaya and also enjoyed the spiciness. Because this was an anniversary dinner, I wanted a bit more seclusion from the other diners, but we were seated near a set of doors that was a little less than ideal. The place was crowded and a bit noisy for a Thurs night with a few young kids around which made it feel a little less "special". Also, the glass of prosecco and later, cabernet, I ordered came out a little later than desired, so the bar must have been busy. Overall, we'll still be back because we like the modern southern take on their food, but maybe we'll go to the Crescent Ave location for a bit more "cozy uniqueness" that this location seemed to lack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLewisDined on 11/12/2014I've eaten at South City Kitchen many times and the food is always great. I've never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitClovernookwillyDined on 11/12/2014This was our second time at this restaurant and both times were enjoyable. The fried green tomato appetizer was a little disappointing but the bread that was brought to the table was especially good-southern biscuits and not so southern but really good sweetened corn bread muffins. Entrees and wine list were good. My wife had one of the specialty mixed drinks and she liked it. The location is very convenient for those on the west side of town and it beats the Buckhead crowds. Have fun because we did (both times).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014This is on of our favorites. Luckily, it is nearby to our house. The staff is always friendly and helpful. My husband noted on our recent visit that he considers it to have one of the finest interior settings in Atlanta. Be sure to check out the occasional special menus - last summer, for a few weeks, they had the Tomato Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatHappyHappyBirthdayDined on 11/8/2014I took my wife here for my birthday with 7 of our friends and we were well taken care off. Our server was awesome and everything came out perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fried chicken!LadypilotDined on 11/8/2014You will enjoy the innovative recipes at this restaurant! The fried chicken was wonderful, as were the collard greens on the side. Even their Caesar salad had a Southern touch---topped with fried okra!Special Features:
- Definite do-over!HollandboyzDined on 11/8/2014We had dinner here for our wedding anniversary and it was great! It was our first time dining here, so we didn't know what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised by the attentive wait staff, the beautiful decor, and amazing food! The Gouda fritters were amazing! Only down fall was it was very dark in the restaurant so you could barely read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the PriceJulezScottDined on 11/8/2014I took some out of town guests to this restaurant hoping to share a unique dining experience. The food was OK for the price.
- Loved itFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Highly recommend! Great food and lovely ambiance. Great place for a date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargywineDined on 11/5/2014Great atmosphere...lovely food ...waitress not too knowledgeable , but found out what we wanted to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South City Always solidtwalterVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great food, great wine list. Try the Ossa Buco. Veggie plate which you design is also a winner.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceBillBDined on 11/2/2014Our 2nd time @ SCK - Vinings to celebrate my birthday with our friends. Food was awesome, service by Cat was fast and without flaw. John, the sommelier, recommended fabulous bottles of wine to accompany our dinner. Overall, can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- DeliciousEatitDined on 11/2/2014Loved having our table ready on arrival as we were just traveling through. Service and food were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South City2smyrnadinersDined on 10/27/2014We had a Monday evening reservation and were seated upon arrival. Our server was attentive to our needs. He made several suggestions for dinner which we followed and were very pleased. The food was served timely and hot. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- 5 Stars !!onlythebestVIPDined on 10/25/2014Two of us dined on a Saturday night and we could not have had a better meal or better service anywhere. The trout was outstanding and it was a large portion. I usually trout when it's on a menu and this serving was certainly the best and significantly larger than any other restaurant I've been to. Our caesar salads were delicious and had a unique added touch with the grit croutons. Nice wine list. Pretty restaurant with nice staff. The manager was busy going from table to table inquiring about the diner's meals and service. This is a rarity for most restaurants. We will certainly be back and will bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful EveningcheshireDined on 10/25/2014We had a great experience here with friends who came in from out of town. We had some very good wine and the server was very knowledgeable. The trout was probable some of the best My husband ever had and my cobia was delicious. Desserts were beautiful and delicious.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondKatelynDined on 10/25/2014While I was not the one to actually dine at South City, the customer service I received warranted a review of its own. I set up a 35th Anniversary dinner for my parents with the help of Jon the manager and their staff. Jon was beyond helpful, agreeing to have a round of Prosecco ready for them, as well as a desert planned. They took my credit card info so my parents never even saw a bill. All reports indicated that my parent's had a great meal, a nice table, and their server even helped them joke around by getting empty to-go boxes and a really nice bottle of wine to send a picture back to the kids to show how much they had "wined and dined" on our tab. My only regret is that I didn't actually get to enjoy the meal myself! Thanks again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMgsrcsDined on 10/24/2014We had an early dinner here before going to the Cobb Enery Center for a concert. The location was perfect. The restuarant seated us immediately. Service was attentive but not overly so. The menu was great. The food was excellent. We will return and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- Very goodMarthaeVIPDined on 10/24/2014Can always count on South City Kitchen for a good meal. Hogtoberfest menu is great. We mostly stuck with old favorites, though!Special Features:
- Less than OKBrealiaVIPDined on 10/22/2014This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant and my conclusion was the same. I rarely give poor ratings but the waitress was nice but did not provide good customer service. The food was just OK. I won't be back.
- Okay, could be betterGeorgiaGirlDined on 10/22/2014Does anyone know how to cook a steak? That should be an option on the menu. Dessert, had the banana pudding....yuk! Need more cookies in it.... Otherwise call it a banana dessert not banana pudding. Getting a drink took too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food SpotPeteDined on 10/22/2014The food was good but seemed to take a little while to get it. Not real long though. This is a pretty good neighborhood type restaurant and maybe a little pricey but I am always pleased with the way the food tastes.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 10/17/2014We got seated right away. Service was ok, but it was busy so I understand why we had to wait a little before being greeted. The crab cake appetizer was ammmmaazzzingggg. SO GOOD. I had the fried chicken, which was eh..and my boyfriend had the pork sandwich, which he liked. Overall it was a good experience and not too expensive.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulTaboniusVIPDined on 10/17/2014South City is always, consistently great. The chef has outstanding specials and the dishes that are always on the menu are the best. This was for a birthday celebration. We look for any opportunity to go to South City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 10/17/2014Food was great however our waitress was not attentive so another waiter stepped in to assist us whenever we needed something.Special Features:
- First time there - Loved it!ScottDined on 10/16/2014Great food and great service. Would highly recommend the restaurant. Also, our waiter was awesome. Looking forward to going back - just wish they were open for lunch.Special Features:
- Familyof4Dined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent and the food very good, but the noise was so great we could hardly have a conversation. We would love to come back, but we would much prefer a quieter setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch LocationnikkiT25VIPDined on 10/5/2014Visited SCK for brunch after early morning church service. While they have a small menu that is not overwhelming, the food and service is always good. There is always a hostess to great you with a warm and friendly smile.Special Features:
- Great option for out of town guestsTCGBelleDined on 10/4/2014Took some out of town guests for dinner and they enjoyed the Fried Green Tomato appetizer and Gouda Fritters as a start to dinner. Rave reviews on the Crisp Catfish, just would have liked to have known the remoulade was going to be a bit spicy as they would have ordered it on the side.Special Features:
- First time and plan many more!ZackRevDined on 9/30/2014So many great choices but we selected the specials for the night and weren't disappointed. Mahi mahi delicious and my husband opted for the grilled meatloaf with risotto . Drinks and apps were just as yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday birthday bunchJJDGDined on 9/28/2014First try and a great time had by all. Food was wonderful. Some of the highlights include the corn bread and biscuits, sweet and sour pickle slices on the pimento cheese board, and the perfectly cooked fried chicken and greens. John, our server, granted our every wish and rounded out perfectly a great dining experience. Thank you we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Rude WaiterdinatlDined on 9/28/2014The food was absolutely delicious and I would have had a perfect experience had it not been for a rude waiter. Our waiter not once came back to check on us to askus aboyt our food or ask if we wanted a refill. After getting the check he became extemelky upset because he noticed that his pen was missing. He literally accused the everyone at the whole table for stealing his pen. He was not joking. Everyone proceeded to try and find him his pen. We later found it and gave it to him and he just walked away without saying thank you or anything. Fr the price of the food and to recieve such a poor quailty waiter I am turned off from going back anytime soon. We told the manager and he mentioned he would have a talk with his employee about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bham258Dined on 9/28/2014Great atmosphere, food and service!!!!!!! Will definitely be back! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South City Kitchen great hidden gemStockyardsDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service, food and fun. The chicken livers and the fried cat fish are my personal favorites! Creative side dishes (love the dirty rice and pea-pod tips). My husband loves the pan seared trout. And the cocktails are hand crafted and delicious; they prove that the art of mixology is not dead! Great pineapple upside-down cake! This place is a MUST. But save me a seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtown location is much betterClaudiaDined on 9/24/2014We felt like they were rushing us out of there. The food was bland and the service was just ok. The downtown location has much better tasting food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.