South City Kitchen Vinings
1675 Cumberland Parkway in One Ivy Walk
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South City Kitchen Vinings
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 7704350700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am-3pm (brunch); 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Vinings is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Vinings
With elements of South City Kitchen Midtown and some features unique to this location, South City Kitchen Vinings brings a combination of energy and comfortable metropolitan sophistication to a new neighborhood. Traditional, fresh ingredients prepared in an open exhibition kitchen are used to create our version of contemporary Southern cuisine. The restaurant features an oversized bar with communal tables and cozy booths as well as a dining room lined with French doors that open to a spacious outdoor patio. This is the perfect spot for families and friends to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch or a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
South City Kitchen Vinings - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
South City Kitchen Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (141)fit for foodies (112)special occasion (99)good for groups (97)great for brunch (55)romantic (54)notable wine list (41)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (29)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (15)scenic view (5)Show More
- Less than OKBrealiaVIPDined on 10/22/2014This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant and my conclusion was the same. I rarely give poor ratings but the waitress was nice but did not provide good customer service. The food was just OK. I won't be back.
- Okay, could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Does anyone know how to cook a steak? That should be an option on the menu. Dessert, had the banana pudding....yuk! Need more cookies in it.... Otherwise call it a banana dessert not banana pudding. Getting a drink took too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food SpotPeteDined on 10/22/2014The food was good but seemed to take a little while to get it. Not real long though. This is a pretty good neighborhood type restaurant and maybe a little pricey but I am always pleased with the way the food tastes.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 10/17/2014We got seated right away. Service was ok, but it was busy so I understand why we had to wait a little before being greeted. The crab cake appetizer was ammmmaazzzingggg. SO GOOD. I had the fried chicken, which was eh..and my boyfriend had the pork sandwich, which he liked. Overall it was a good experience and not too expensive.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulTaboniusVIPDined on 10/17/2014South City is always, consistently great. The chef has outstanding specials and the dishes that are always on the menu are the best. This was for a birthday celebration. We look for any opportunity to go to South City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 10/17/2014Food was great however our waitress was not attentive so another waiter stepped in to assist us whenever we needed something.Special Features:
- First time there - Loved it!ScottDined on 10/16/2014Great food and great service. Would highly recommend the restaurant. Also, our waiter was awesome. Looking forward to going back - just wish they were open for lunch.Special Features:
- Familyof4Dined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent and the food very good, but the noise was so great we could hardly have a conversation. We would love to come back, but we would much prefer a quieter setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch LocationnikkiT25VIPDined on 10/5/2014Visited SCK for brunch after early morning church service. While they have a small menu that is not overwhelming, the food and service is always good. There is always a hostess to great you with a warm and friendly smile.Special Features:
- Great option for out of town guestsTCGBelleDined on 10/4/2014Took some out of town guests for dinner and they enjoyed the Fried Green Tomato appetizer and Gouda Fritters as a start to dinner. Rave reviews on the Crisp Catfish, just would have liked to have known the remoulade was going to be a bit spicy as they would have ordered it on the side.Special Features:
- First time and plan many more!ZackRevDined on 9/30/2014So many great choices but we selected the specials for the night and weren't disappointed. Mahi mahi delicious and my husband opted for the grilled meatloaf with risotto . Drinks and apps were just as yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday birthday bunchJJDGDined on 9/28/2014First try and a great time had by all. Food was wonderful. Some of the highlights include the corn bread and biscuits, sweet and sour pickle slices on the pimento cheese board, and the perfectly cooked fried chicken and greens. John, our server, granted our every wish and rounded out perfectly a great dining experience. Thank you we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Rude WaiterdinatlDined on 9/28/2014The food was absolutely delicious and I would have had a perfect experience had it not been for a rude waiter. Our waiter not once came back to check on us to askus aboyt our food or ask if we wanted a refill. After getting the check he became extemelky upset because he noticed that his pen was missing. He literally accused the everyone at the whole table for stealing his pen. He was not joking. Everyone proceeded to try and find him his pen. We later found it and gave it to him and he just walked away without saying thank you or anything. Fr the price of the food and to recieve such a poor quailty waiter I am turned off from going back anytime soon. We told the manager and he mentioned he would have a talk with his employee about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bham258Dined on 9/28/2014Great atmosphere, food and service!!!!!!! Will definitely be back! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South City Kitchen great hidden gemStockyardsDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service, food and fun. The chicken livers and the fried cat fish are my personal favorites! Creative side dishes (love the dirty rice and pea-pod tips). My husband loves the pan seared trout. And the cocktails are hand crafted and delicious; they prove that the art of mixology is not dead! Great pineapple upside-down cake! This place is a MUST. But save me a seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtown location is much betterClaudiaDined on 9/24/2014We felt like they were rushing us out of there. The food was bland and the service was just ok. The downtown location has much better tasting food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivered AgainGaPeachVIPDined on 9/21/2014I chose to dine here for dinner with a group of out-of-town guests. Everyone was pleased with each course of their meal, the ambiance, and the service. So I got a gold star for selecting SCK-Vinings as out destination. I've always enjoyed the Midtown location, so it's nice to know that this local spot offers it's own charm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Etched in my memory..Mlowe85Dined on 9/20/2014I had only visited South City Kitchen once before, but I had to return so a friend could try their Shrimp and Grits. I knew the food was great but I didn't remember the service being this great. I tried their newly introduced Bourbon Flight. The flight comes with a information sheet telling the age and flavor of the bourbon, very informative. The manager came by our table and give me a free t shirt from one of the Bourbon providers. Bring in the hospitality industry I thought this was a great gesture and that won me over..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out with NeighborssoocheeDined on 9/20/2014We took our new neighbors to South City Kitchen. It is one of their favorites and it was our first time. We happen to go during Cobb Restaurant Week and their menu was great. The food was amazing. The service was very friendly and timely. We had our kids with us and they enjoyed the food from the children's menu. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- A Must Visit RestaurantAcworthFoodieDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit to South City as part of a girl's night out. Once again the food and service did not dissapoint! I had the Shrimp and Grits...yummy! My other friends tries the Fried Chicken and the Porkloin. Both of their dishes were oustanding as well. All of the food is seasoned just right. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. I absolutely enjoyed my return visit and I will be back...for the Fried chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodChrisDined on 9/20/2014This is our go to location for great food and service.Special Features:
- WOWHammerDined on 9/20/2014The Best Restaurant we visited while in Atlanta. We will eat here next time we are in Atlanta. The apps were great, The kids meal was huge and looked really good. Our meals were tasty and the desserts were scrumptiousSpecial Features:
- Always a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014This Fifth Group restaurant is one of the most consistent ones you will find in Atlanta. Food and service are always excellent. Mixed drink are inventive but pricey. I do wish they would expand the menu, but that is a minor quibble. They do things just right and have for many years.Special Features:
- Enjoyed!Healthyin2013Dined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed this very much. The food was great. The place is too noisy but aside from that and the uncomfortable chairs, it was really good. The wait staff seemed a bit over-worked but was pleasant enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014This hands down remains one of my favorite restaurants. I have loved the Midtown location since college and have been a fan of SCK Vinings since it opened. I am overjoyed a dining option on this scale is available and easily accessible in the Vinings/Smryna/Mableton area.Special Features:
- Memorable Dining experienceJrobe164Dined on 9/16/2014Ithe was my sisters birthday and I put a special note making my reservation on OpenTable and they really mado our dining experience and her Birthday one to remember! Jimmie was our server and he was wonderful! I really liked that the manager made sure our experience was delightful. Not to mention the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Pleasing PeopleKeboDined on 9/14/2014There is always a concern when visiting a new restaurant having to do with the mixology of the server, the food, and the atmosphere. We were pleasantly surprised when all 3 came together at SCK. We were greeted warmly, our server Sarah explained menu choices and always seemed to show up at the right times, the food was excellent and the atmosphere wonderful. Great pick for our early Sunday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch!ConciergeCarolineVIPDined on 9/14/2014Loved it as soon as we walked in the door! My family and I started with the fried green tomatoes, and shared shrimp and grits, crab cake hash and (my favorite) the smokehouse eggs benedict among the 4 of us. PLENTY of delicious food, and we were sure to save room for the pineapple upside-down cake and ambrosia gelato. Very cute part of town, and plenty of tvs at the bar so we didn't have to miss the football game. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- very welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014one of the things that stood out more than anything else, is the fact that everyone who was in the facility was friendly. Whether it was my server or someone else is server. I feel like my business was valued, & I can taste it and my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointedKirchDined on 9/12/2014The food was as good as always.I have never had a bad meal at South City, you can count on them! Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizzDined on 9/6/2014Terrible, very salty, not what I would consider true southern cuisine or even contemporary southern cuisine
- Not great, needs a menu updateWentSouthBADVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have dined here several times, the food was terrible on 8/5. It is about time they update their menu. The recipes for the mussels and Gouda fritters were not as they have been in the past. The service, ambiance & location are great, but this has gone south quickly. The catfish was cold & my son's fish & fries were salty. I should've known there would be trouble when the usual biscuits served were over cooked. We won't be back until menu changes.Special Features:
- Consistently Our FavoriteChrisDined on 9/5/2014Best place in the Vinings area of Atlanta and our "go to" location for any special night out or just a reason not to cook!Special Features:
- Annivesary DinnerTA2013Dined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious and the service was top notch. A great place to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- As usualNDM2014Dined on 8/31/2014Nothing bad to report here; nicely paced service, great food, not a single problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLuvswatercantswimDined on 8/31/2014Consistently great food and service. Does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeprettipoodleDined on 8/29/2014Had a party of 8 reservation. Was seated immediately, great servers. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeftyDined on 8/28/2014Nice evening enjoyed by my wife and me. Very professional staff, great food, good location and prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGailDined on 8/27/2014We love South City Kitchen and are so pleased that we can get the same great mean in the burbs. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitClovernookwillyDined on 8/26/2014In looking for a good restaurant in the Vinings/Smyrna area I came across this one. It was as interesting and good as billed. Wine list is good although they could have more wines by the glass. I had the fried chicken and was not disappointed. My wife had the hamburger with pimento cheese on it which was unique and good. I will go back.Special Features: