South City Kitchen Vinings
1675 Cumberland Parkway in One Ivy Walk
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South City Kitchen Vinings
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 7704350700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am-3pm (brunch); 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Vinings is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Vinings
With elements of South City Kitchen Midtown and some features unique to this location, South City Kitchen Vinings brings a combination of energy and comfortable metropolitan sophistication to a new neighborhood. Traditional, fresh ingredients prepared in an open exhibition kitchen are used to create our version of contemporary Southern cuisine. The restaurant features an oversized bar with communal tables and cozy booths as well as a dining room lined with French doors that open to a spacious outdoor patio. This is the perfect spot for families and friends to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch or a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
South City Kitchen Vinings - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
South City Kitchen Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (112)special occasion (101)good for groups (83)romantic (52)great for brunch (48)notable wine list (46)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Etched in my memory..Mlowe85Dined on 9/20/2014I had only visited South City Kitchen once before, but I had to return so a friend could try their Shrimp and Grits. I knew the food was great but I didn't remember the service being this great. I tried their newly introduced Bourbon Flight. The flight comes with a information sheet telling the age and flavor of the bourbon, very informative. The manager came by our table and give me a free t shirt from one of the Bourbon providers. Bring in the hospitality industry I thought this was a great gesture and that won me over..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out with NeighborsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We took our new neighbors to South City Kitchen. It is one of their favorites and it was our first time. We happen to go during Cobb Restaurant Week and their menu was great. The food was amazing. The service was very friendly and timely. We had our kids with us and they enjoyed the food from the children's menu. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- A Must Visit RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit to South City as part of a girl's night out. Once again the food and service did not dissapoint! I had the Shrimp and Grits...yummy! My other friends tries the Fried Chicken and the Porkloin. Both of their dishes were oustanding as well. All of the food is seasoned just right. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. I absolutely enjoyed my return visit and I will be back...for the Fried chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodChrisDined on 9/20/2014This is our go to location for great food and service.Special Features:
- WOWHammerDined on 9/20/2014The Best Restaurant we visited while in Atlanta. We will eat here next time we are in Atlanta. The apps were great, The kids meal was huge and looked really good. Our meals were tasty and the desserts were scrumptiousSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed!Healthyin2013Dined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed this very much. The food was great. The place is too noisy but aside from that and the uncomfortable chairs, it was really good. The wait staff seemed a bit over-worked but was pleasant enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014This hands down remains one of my favorite restaurants. I have loved the Midtown location since college and have been a fan of SCK Vinings since it opened. I am overjoyed a dining option on this scale is available and easily accessible in the Vinings/Smryna/Mableton area.Special Features:
- Memorable Dining experienceJrobe164Dined on 9/16/2014Ithe was my sisters birthday and I put a special note making my reservation on OpenTable and they really mado our dining experience and her Birthday one to remember! Jimmie was our server and he was wonderful! I really liked that the manager made sure our experience was delightful. Not to mention the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Pleasing PeopleKeboDined on 9/14/2014There is always a concern when visiting a new restaurant having to do with the mixology of the server, the food, and the atmosphere. We were pleasantly surprised when all 3 came together at SCK. We were greeted warmly, our server Sarah explained menu choices and always seemed to show up at the right times, the food was excellent and the atmosphere wonderful. Great pick for our early Sunday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch!ConciergeCarolineVIPDined on 9/14/2014Loved it as soon as we walked in the door! My family and I started with the fried green tomatoes, and shared shrimp and grits, crab cake hash and (my favorite) the smokehouse eggs benedict among the 4 of us. PLENTY of delicious food, and we were sure to save room for the pineapple upside-down cake and ambrosia gelato. Very cute part of town, and plenty of tvs at the bar so we didn't have to miss the football game. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- very welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014one of the things that stood out more than anything else, is the fact that everyone who was in the facility was friendly. Whether it was my server or someone else is server. I feel like my business was valued, & I can taste it and my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointedKirchDined on 9/12/2014The food was as good as always.I have never had a bad meal at South City, you can count on them! Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizzDined on 9/6/2014Terrible, very salty, not what I would consider true southern cuisine or even contemporary southern cuisine
- Not great, needs a menu updateWentSouthBADVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have dined here several times, the food was terrible on 8/5. It is about time they update their menu. The recipes for the mussels and Gouda fritters were not as they have been in the past. The service, ambiance & location are great, but this has gone south quickly. The catfish was cold & my son's fish & fries were salty. I should've known there would be trouble when the usual biscuits served were over cooked. We won't be back until menu changes.Special Features:
- Consistently Our FavoriteChrisDined on 9/5/2014Best place in the Vinings area of Atlanta and our "go to" location for any special night out or just a reason not to cook!Special Features:
- Annivesary DinnerTA2013Dined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious and the service was top notch. A great place to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- As usualNDM2014Dined on 8/31/2014Nothing bad to report here; nicely paced service, great food, not a single problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLuvswatercantswimDined on 8/31/2014Consistently great food and service. Does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeprettipoodleDined on 8/29/2014Had a party of 8 reservation. Was seated immediately, great servers. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeftyDined on 8/28/2014Nice evening enjoyed by my wife and me. Very professional staff, great food, good location and prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGailDined on 8/27/2014We love South City Kitchen and are so pleased that we can get the same great mean in the burbs. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitClovernookwillyDined on 8/26/2014In looking for a good restaurant in the Vinings/Smyrna area I came across this one. It was as interesting and good as billed. Wine list is good although they could have more wines by the glass. I had the fried chicken and was not disappointed. My wife had the hamburger with pimento cheese on it which was unique and good. I will go back.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMimsAndDieselDined on 8/24/2014We had six for a Sunday night dinner. Three had the fried chicken, which was great. Two of us had the jambalaya, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The collard greens were great. The okra succotash we very good. The Mac & Cheese was also very good. Our waiter was very personable. We would come back anytime.Special Features:
- Reliable afar all these yearsMbsbVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Our server was late getting to our table, but when she did she apologized and was very quick from then on. The fact that she knew she was late impressed us, given the lack of awareness shown in a lot of less professional places in town, and it shows the general competence of this organization. Fried chicken was very good, though the breast, while not dry, could have been juicier (the leg was the best part), the waffles were a bit cool and should have come with better when they were warm, but the flavor was good. Fried green tomatoes were excellent and innovative, with a red pepper and basil coulis which worked. Crab hash was delicious.Special Features:
- Brunch!!ExcellenceDined on 8/24/2014I went Friday night and was so pleased with my visit that I came back Sunday morning for Brunch. No wait at all not even for water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and niceauditigerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Don't let "kitchen" in the name fool you-- it's upscale with very delicious food and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Date NightsaturdayisdatenightDined on 8/23/2014This was a nice place for a date night. Service and environment were great. Food was pretty average though. We were told the chicken won some awards but found it kinda bland. A good southern chicken is usually marinated in buttermilk and seasoned. The breaded chicken skin was cooked and seasoned perfectly, but the meat liked flavor and was a little on the dry side. The macaroni and cheese was super over cooked and was bland. I LOVE pasta and did not eat it. The baby bliss potatoes were perfection and I finished them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!ExcellenceDined on 8/22/2014Even though this was not my first time, I never had the opportunity to write a review. I absolutely loved my visit from start to finish. Our wait was nonexistent, the service was extremely fast, the food was absolutely delicious and our waitress Lindsay was great! She had wonderful suggestions which we took advantage of. We tried the new item on the menu, LAMB!!! And it was wonderful. She was extremely nice and funny and we have requested to sit in her section on our next visits. She also gave us a rewards cards!! I love collecting rewards cards and punch cards. Thank you guys for a great date night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, consitentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014I love South City Kitchen for dinners with groups or clients. Its consistently good.Special Features:
- Just OkjackiecDined on 8/21/2014This was not a bad visit to SCK but not my best. Fried chicken was a bit overcooked and crust too brown, lights flickered as it got to be night as usual, gouda appetizer had a sauce that was too sweet. The staff -servers, hostess & everyone was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGreatDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed everything we ate. Servers were friendly, upbeat, knowledgeable. Food presentation was very good, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- fair offeringmesameoneDined on 8/17/2014noted for the fry chicken, but after 2 visits, need something else to get excited around eating. jambalaya wasn't it
- Awesome!FoodieFanatic1Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Southern style cuisine with a dose of class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodKennyDined on 8/16/2014One of the menus in the area, always friendly service We really enjoyed the seasonal menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great priceRNB7Dined on 8/14/2014South City Kitchen is a gem of a restaurant. Great food and wonderful wines for the pairing. Whether you're going on a romantic date, business lunch or dinner with the family, it's all worth it!!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- I recommend the crab cakesSnoopDined on 8/14/2014Their crab cakes have a wonderful blend of flavors and plenty of crab. They rival Canoe's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmedVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous service, food, and a great place to dine on date night or with friends,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level is problemZoeyDined on 8/13/2014Interesting, creative food and excellent service. Noise level is the only negative and should be addressed by owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homesick4atlDined on 8/13/2014Friendliest server......EVER! Moved away from the Atl a year ago. THIS is what I miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business meeting placeBusinessMeetingDined on 8/12/2014Great menu for a variety of tastes. It was the second time in two weeks we had a business meeting at South City Kitchen and was just as pleased as the first time. After both dinners I was complimented for my great taste in choosing the restaurant. The service and the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.