South City Kitchen Midtown
1144 Crescent Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
South City Kitchen Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 4048737358x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 11am to 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Midtown is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events & Catering. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Midtown
Celebrating over 16 years as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local specialties such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the Atlanta skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended. (Please note, the restaurant is not handicap accessible.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
South City Kitchen Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
South City Kitchen Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
372 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (223)neighborhood gem (193)special occasion (118)great for outdoor dining (114)good for groups (112)great for lunch (110)great for brunch (107)hot spot (100)romantic (86)notable wine list (44)late-night find (26)vibrant bar scene (24)scenic view (16)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- Great experience of local fareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Everything about South City Kitchen exceeded our expectations as a fun opportunity for two Boston girls to experience the local fare in Atlanta! The menu offered a delicious variety of options. From the appetizers of fried green tomatoes with goat cheese and the pear salad, to the catfish and polenta entrees, and finally to the warm pecan pie, every dish was beautifully presented and beyond delicious! The service was outstanding! I highly recommend a visit to South City Kitchen! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Exquisite Southern CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The atmosphere was quaint yet elegant. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The presentation of the food was exceptional as well as the flavors.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My family and I were in Atlanta for the night and we found this restaraunt on Pinterest. A bit noisy if you are looking for a quite dinner, but the food was delicious (omg mustard glaze porkchop). Wish I had room for dessert! This was so amazing if I lived in the ATL I would be a regular. (Did I mention the service was incredible?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pork chop, evah!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I always stop by South City Kitchen when in Atlanta. Sometimes it's two years between visits, but they always deliver delicious food with great service. This place has got the pork chop dish nailed! Although I saw a lot of fried chicken dishes heading out to the patio, I always know what I'm getting. I tried the banana pudding for the first time and was really amazed at how velvety smooth it was. Always a favorite. Made me wish I went to ATL more often!Special Features:
- Great fried chicken!AlliePDined on 10/19/2014The restaurant had Southern charm from the drinks, to our waiter and throughout the menu. It wasn't SO local and an institution which made it welcoming and warm.Special Features:
- Southern done rightcolumbusdinerDined on 10/18/2014We went early with reservations because we had a show to catch at the Fox. Waitstaff and food was incredible. We ordered smoked pork chop and the fried chicken. Both were amazing. Waitstaff very attentive. Will go back for sure next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly serviceDillyDined on 10/16/2014I usually love this restaurant. This time it was just ok. It could have been where we were seated which was right by the door. The noise level was so high that it was hard to relax and enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- dmc3VIPDined on 10/13/2014Once again, great food and great service. I had a reservation, but asked to sit at the bar for dinner since it was only me dining. Rocky was the bartender/server. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and specials.Special Features:
- Lovely place with luscious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014This very grown-up place had great vibes and envrironment. We were seated immediately for our reservation. There was plenty of very comfortable seating in a number of small rooms, but with lots of space for each table. Service was friendly, fast, and efficient but definitely did NOT feel rushed. Server was knowledgable and helpful in assisting us in our choices. Our glasses were always full. Service was ever present but not intrusive at all. It was deft and professional. Loved the meal with many unusual combinations and flavors. Everything was great. Sharing was encouraged and plates were readily provided for same even before we could ask. Would definitely return for another special meal in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for entertaining clientssmallstuffDined on 10/13/2014South City Kitchen is a great resturtant for enterntaing clients for lunch or dinner. In the heart of midtown, its southern cuisinea are very delicious no matter what your choice may be. Moderate menu prices, superb food and it's trendy decor makes this resturant an excellant place for casual dining.Special Features:
- Good food in MidtownGuythemanDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed the food and also the waitress assisted with wine matching very successfully. Portions were also sensible rather than huge which made for very enjoyable eating.Special Features:
- Convenient to Four Seasons HotelDuncanDined on 10/12/2014Walked a short block around the corner for Sunday brunch...noisy, but everything else was excellent.recommended.Special Features:
- RCRCDined on 10/12/2014Love the renovated old Atlanta home. Staff very friendly, fast service, food delicious, location convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceNativeNashvillianDined on 10/11/2014Saw the reviews on Yelp and had to give this place a try. I'm so glad we did. Our reservation was honored immediately. Our request to change to an outdoor table was granted with a smile. Our server, Jesse, was awesome. VERY knowledgeable and helpful. The duck is perhaps the best I've ever had and the wine suggested by the server paired with it perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic & Contemporary SouthernJOmarVIPDined on 10/11/2014AMAZING!!! Where to start, well must have the pork belly, or the chicken livers or... The fig salad was outstanding, get it while they are in season. Entrees are a very tough choice, pork chop was perhaps the best but thankfully there were six of us for dinner so I crould sample the fried chicken, duck, shrimp and grits and trout. Dessert is the same challenge, but again the size of our group helped with that. Banana pudding was barely beat by the pecan pie and vanilla bean ice cream. This is a MUST STOP for every trip we make to Atlanta. Would have gone back for brunch on Sunday, but not open till 11am...guess we need to book later flight next time.Special Features:
- good food, nice decorWEGLDined on 10/10/2014We were interested to try this place since I had heard many people say it was good. That's just what it was to me, good. I didn't have anything that blew me away but it was definitely tasty. We were seated in an area that was adjacent to the patio door and we had constant traffic going by our table. In addition to that, the door had to be kicked open each time a waiter needed access when his hands were full. It was just an awkward spot that might be better suited for a table for 2 versus a table for 4. Our waiter was very attentive and gave us excellent service. I would go back but would most likely try another hotspot first.Special Features:
- Great Southern Cooking.FinediningDined on 10/9/2014This spot is excellent for Southern cuisine namely shrimp and grits and cornbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of the best spots in ATLATLLocalVIPDined on 10/7/2014Took a group to dinner here. Always a great experience. Stylized southern food, well prepared. High energy (translated - loud) dining room. Has a cool vibe. You might even catch a glimpse of a dining star who wandered over from the four seasons.Special Features:
- Good food, noisy atmospherejohnDined on 10/6/2014The food was very good. The restaurant is very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Cuisine HighlightAdrianVIPDined on 10/6/2014Always worth mentioning that by dinner the noise tends to get very loud, however this time I stopped by for Brunch and was very pleased to find the noise level nearly unnoticeable. We ordered the She-crab soup and their Fried Chicken and loved it. I've tried other entrees, such as the crab cakes and the beef benedict, and enjoyed that as well. Just as what you would expect out of a southern cuisine, the service is very friendly and attentive. This last visit, my entree came out while I was still eating my soup and without having to bring the issue up, our waiter immediately apologized and professionally offered if I'd like it to be put under a lamp. Me being in a good mood wasn't bothered at all and finished my delicious meal happily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown find!MDchickVIPDined on 10/5/2014My mom and I traveled to Atlanta for a conference. Her only request was chicken and waffles. South City Kitchen was listed as one of the best...and the review was absolutely correct. It is a quaint spot in a quiet part of downtown Atlanta. The chicken and waffles (served during the brunch time), service and ambiance were superb. I highly recommend having a reservation in order to secure your spot as the restaurant was full throughout our stay. A great dining experience and we would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereDustin25Dined on 10/5/2014Arrived her around 1pm and ordered off the brunch menu. I was on a first date and the atmosphere was perfect to impress and have casual conversation. Ordered the fried green tomatoes to start off and they were amazing. I had the chicken and waffles and she had the crab cake hash. Both of these were also amazing. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The food is a little high priced, but I think it was overall worth it.Special Features:
- on the way outsomelikeithotVIPDined on 10/5/2014there are too many good places to eat in midtown to eat here. Breakfast on Sun Oct 5 was not good
- Great food qualityMidnightrider770Dined on 10/4/2014Service was fast and food was great. Positive food reviews were accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was Amazing!!!chicnthacityDined on 10/4/2014My guests and I had a great time! I definitely see us going again on our next adventure into Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing menugatorDined on 10/4/2014They have a great menu, food is very good specially the waffle and chicken. The service is excellent I even asked the waiter to make the coffee for me in a special way and she did a great job. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern TwistOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Husband and I in town for a wedding a was suggested we take a visit here for dinner. Great food, nice modern twist on southern classics without the excessive grease and feeling as if you need a nap afterwards (please keep in mind I grew up on southern food). Certainly will visit again if ever in townSpecial Features:
- WRR11Dined on 10/1/2014I am a regular at SCK & it never fails to delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wasnt to impressedrjallenDined on 9/30/2014We've to South City Kitchen before and loved it, but last time it was a Saturday night at 5:30 and we could actually hear each other and the staff. We made reservations at SCK to impress a friend visiting from NY, 7PM reservation on a Tuesday night, we were seated right next to the door, 5 feet away from the bar, 10 feet away from the noisy kitchen, and right next to a group of woman celebrating something. We spent the whole evening trying to talk (or should i say YELL) at each other. We could barely hear the waitress when she was describing anything. I dont understand the whole noisy busy restaurant environment. Can you request spot to have a nice quiet relaxing dinner? Food was ok, first time it as great, this time, it was good not great.
- Amazing FoodSnar814Dined on 9/29/2014The food and service at South City Kitchen is top notch. I had the pork chop and it was quite possibly the best pork chop I have ever had. The staff was supper helpful in providing recommendations and they did not disappoint. Highly recommended and I will definitely be back the next time I am in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like homeNolakid504Dined on 9/29/2014I am from New Orleans where we have very good food and great atmosphere. This place reminded me of a restaurant in the French Quarter that I would choose for a special occasion. All the food was incredible and the service was outstanding. It was a great place to bring my parents when they visited me from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time-tested excellenceSusanTDined on 9/28/2014We met friends at SCK for a before-the-theatre dinner on a Sunday night. The place was packed at 5:30PM so glad we made reservations. All four of us remarked on the quality of our food - scallop appetizer, pork chop entrée, trout, skirt steak were all fabulous. The service was attentive but not hovering as we wanted to visit with drinks first. Yet as soon as the waiter knew we had a deadline, he made it happen for us. Will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!LauritaVIPDined on 9/28/2014I always have to get the she crab soup when at SCK- it paired nicely with the fig salad on this visit. Love the pimento cheese too! Great service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We came to South City Kitchen on a Saturday night and had a wonderful time! Our waiter recommended a signature beverage for me and beer for my fiancé. The food was fabulous! We sat outdoors and enjoyed the people watching, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablemiketDined on 9/27/2014Always consistently good food. My favorite Atlanta Restaurant. Great staff last Saturday night.Only drawback is it is noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticecjacketDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I loved it. Every dish was great, and the service good. It is now one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- AndreweDined on 9/27/2014We plan our trips around different restaurants and dining experiences. This one was just what we wanted it to be. It was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014great brunch on weekends! i love the patio seating, and the service was great. delicious biscuits and cornbread accompanied our brunch. the crabcake hash is amazing, as well as the chicken and waffles. overall, a nice chic restaurant to enjoy your weekend meal.Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Had a bad travel day with cancelled flights etc and we were running late for our reservation. We called from the car and ordered our dinners before the kitchen closed . Our server filled our cocktail order promptly after arrival and out came our delicious dinners . We had accidentally ordered off a lunch menu but they accommodated my husbands pulled pork sandwich request . Do grateful for a delicious plate of food after a long day .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern Close to High MuseumgoodthymeDined on 9/26/2014We only had one night free while in Atlanta and I wanted southern food. The place was hopping on a Saturday night, but we were seated on time. It would've been nice to have a drink at the bar, but it was full of diners. Our waiter was very helpful and recommended his favorites. We started with crispy fried green tomatoes and a delicious fig salad, which I hope to duplicate at home. Then I couldn't resist the shrimp and grits with a little bite of chili to them, and husband had the very tender smoked pork chop, which he ate slowly, savoring every bite. Sadly, we didn't have room for the buttermilk chocolate cake we saw being delivered to another table. Next time!Special Features: