100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southbranchchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 546-6177
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri, Open at 11am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Katz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: http://www.southbranchchicago.com/private-parties-pages-116.php
A word from South Branch
South Branch is Chicago’s hottest weekday gathering spot, and boldest riverside event space. Envision lavish outdoor parties in the warm summer sun or holiday parties where the sprawling views of snow falling on the Chicago River accentuate the occasion. Big enough to host the largest affairs, but versatile enough to accommodate many smaller gatherings at once, South Branch can handle groups from 20-500. Closed to the public on the weekends, South Branch is exclusively available for private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
South Branch - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
South Branch reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (76)great for outdoor dining (54)hot spot (42)good for groups (39)scenic view (39)vibrant bar scene (31)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (12)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Open for "Business"DiningDonnaDined on 11/10/2014Great spot for entertaining clients for business lunches. Always great food and service with the right amount of energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Had the Cowboy Salad for lunch and it was phenomenal. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014solid location for lunch meetings downtown, will use again.Special Features:
- Long WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Reservation was set to 12:15. Had to wait about 30 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local / Open TableChicagodinerVIPDined on 11/3/2014Staff could be friendlier - they do not seem to like Open Table Reservations - noise level very high.Special Features:
- Always the perfect lunchMWeirmanDined on 10/30/2014Can't ever beat taking a friend or client to South Branch. Food is always well prepared. Make sure you get a reservation plenty in advance as it is very popular.Special Features:
- Table of 8TeamusDined on 10/23/2014We came for lunch. We got seated right away, we made a reservation. The waitress came right over to bring water and take drink orders, service was relatively fast. The food was really good, no-one complained. The only comment I got outside of it's really good, was there wasn't enough pesto on the chicken pesto wrap, but still pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014I went during lunch and had the burger with the egg and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSJN2014Dined on 10/21/2014great food and service, but a little noisy for business lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNickyDined on 10/20/2014My husband had the lobster roll and that was really good! We had the buffalo chicken rolls as an appetizer and the chicken was a little on the dry side. That's the only complaint I had. The Havana club was amazing & the service was excelledSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food TasteOIUuDined on 10/20/2014This is the restaurant I go at least once or twice a month because of it's convenience. It is pretty loud but not terrible. I am not a big fan of the food there either. It is not the quality but the taste is my concern!Special Features:
- Columbus Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014Was glad to find the place not packed on Columbus Day holiday when friend was in town for work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKryssDined on 10/9/2014This is not the first time I have been to South Branch and I will keep coming back because it is such an excellent dining experience. From the great food to the attentive service and reasonable pricing, South Branch has it all.Special Features:
- Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014This was a very suitable place for meeting a business partner. We've met here previously and it's always a good setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Fall lunchJTB3Dined on 9/29/2014Great spot for lunch on a beautiful Fall afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceymousemasterDined on 9/25/2014Price but the food is very good and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014It was a little noisy for business conversaton, I did not remeber that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationscasualnommerDined on 9/24/2014For a business lunch, the prices are surprisingly with reason and the quality of the food actually mirrors and exceeds said pricing! The short rib was cooked to tender perfection and did not require a knife, however, the carrot puree was a little on the heavy side and the fried onion strings, which do provide a nice crunch, detract from the taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South BranchTransPerfectDined on 9/22/2014Great business lunch spot. There a lot of seafood options, which doesn't do much for a non-seafood person like me. But, the salad options were excellent and filling. Enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotNedTDined on 9/18/2014I love South Branch. It's super convenient, the outdoor patio gets a great amount of sunlight to hold onto those final days of summer. Service could have been a little more attentive, but the food was great.Special Features:
- Co-worker LunchHere4goodtimeDined on 9/17/2014One of my co-workers and I's favorite spots for an afternoon lunch. I have also had a lot of business meetings here, especially when the weather is nice! Great food, and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Best sandwich I have ever eaten!NativeTouristDined on 9/16/2014I absolutely loved South Branch. The atmosphere was great, the service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. I could eat their prime rib sandwich every day for the rest of my life and be happy. Definitely the place to dine if you're visiting Chicago and looking for something good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch in the loopCoachDined on 9/10/2014I booked a reservation for 11am lunch time for our work group. We had a great time, had no issues, and would definitely return again. Service was quick and efficient, food was great and plentiful, and we would definitely return.Special Features:
- Delish!SNorthCDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful meal next to the water in comfortable seating and a beautiful view. Everything was great. The only somewhat negative would be 1) it closes early, chairs were being stacked and kitchen closing as our meal wrapped up (reservations were at 7:45). 2) the menu was the same or almost the same as their sister restaurant, Sweet Water which we happened to have visited the day before.Special Features:
- Good food and nice service &patioLuv2eatDined on 9/9/2014Went there for a casual business lunch. Sat outside. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with co-workersZofiaMDined on 9/8/2014Recently had lunch with co-workers at South Branch. Lovely outdoor dining area along the river, with a good variety of lunch options for even the pickiest eaters. Attentive and prompt service. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomedmtn2001Dined on 9/5/2014Great experience - from making reservation at the last minute, to being seated on time, to getting in a nice break during the day for lunch at a spot we don't get to visit often enough.Special Features:
- Location / Outdoor SeatingChicagodinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Nice restaurant / good food / outdoor seating very comfortable / a bit loud / pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quicklunchDined on 8/18/2014Recommend early reservations just to get in. Tables are hard to come by from 11:30am-3:30pm but when you get there you will see a bunch of empty tables or tables not being used to full capacity. Service could make you feel like you are being rushed if you are not ordering alcoholic beverages. Would not recommend for a business lunch when trying to close a deal.Special Features:
- great spot for lunchDonnaHVIPDined on 8/18/2014great spot for luch but they do not take noon reservations strangeSpecial Features:
- Good food and nice outdoor diningjimenzcDined on 8/15/2014The food and service is aways good here. It's hard to get seating for outdoor dining or drinks at peak lunch hour or after work on nice days. There is a great view of the river and downtown buildings along the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014South Branch is a favorite dining choice for me! Its great for personal meetings as well as networking. I bring several clients to dine and meet and they always compliment the service, food and ambiance! Great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time.HappyhourDined on 8/4/2014The place is great, good food and perfect for happy hour.Special Features:
- looking4newspotsDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant was good. The only problem I had was the server was not friendly. He didn't introduce himself, took a while before he took our order and other things. However that wouldn't stop me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner food at high-end pricesBethVIPDined on 7/31/2014Frozen packaged food used as basis for meals. - At least that's what it tasted like. I would not recommend for food. However, their jalatini drink was great if a little expensive.
- Great Place!MangiVIPDined on 7/29/2014Have been to South Branch twice now and love it! Food, service, and atmosphere was fabulous. Will definitely return and recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 288 reviews are from the South Branch reviews archive.
- Lunch Get-Togetherdcb75Dined on 7/22/2014Met a few friends for lunch. Service and food were excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Bad bar service...TaxgirlDined on 7/21/2014The food at South Branch is fantastic! Everyone in our party raved about their selections. The service during the meal was great as well. However, after dinner, while sitting at the bar outside, the service was horrible. We waited for service that never came. When we approached the bar to try to order drinks, we were ignored by no less than three bar staff for about five minutes. When one came close and I flagged her down, she made us feel that we were inconveniencing her. I will go back for the food for sure but will stay clear of the outdoor bar for drinks :)Special Features:
- Great FoodSOUTHBDined on 7/18/2014There are many items to choose from..and they were all great. The restraurant is layed out nicely. There was energy in the place but not so much noise that you couldn't hear your friend. Great place for lunch or afterwork. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't remember what I atedgmillsVIPDined on 7/17/2014Having a customer being able to remember every course and taste should be the goal of all restaurants. South Branch has lots of choices, but nothing to write home about or remember. Average food with nice outdoor seating optionSpecial Features: