South + York
158 Tuskawilla Rd
Winter Springs, FL 32708Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South + York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://southandyork.com/index.html
- Phone: 4073271600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday breakfast 9:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday brunch 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Edgar Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from South + York
The cities of Winter Springs and Oviedo welcome South + York, a farm to table bistro that promises to bring the best regional and seasonal ingredients straight to your plate. This modern approach to the dining experience will create an ever evolving menu highlighting the culinary career of New York born and Southern trained Chef Edgar Cruz. Chef Cruz's passion for exceptional ingredients and traditional French cooking methods will deliver fine Southern food to the quickly growing Winter Springs and Oviedo area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
South + York - Best Restaurants in Winter Springs ›
South + York reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (31)romantic (23)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (14)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- South + York is the best!!AndersoneatsDined on 9/24/2014Started with a champagne toast for the 14 ladies celebrating our friends birthday. Farm to table menu, just wonderful! Apps, salad & meals everyone loved everything! Fresh! Variety! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCb0ldwomanDined on 9/16/2014It's nice to have such a good restaurant in your local neighborhood. I went because I saw an ad & I love the 'farm to table' concept. The food was creative, beautiful & delicious. The staff was friendly & helpful. My favorite item was the tempura goat cheese in honey. Mmmmm.Special Features:
- Great farm to table conceptDorothyDined on 9/12/2014This was our 5th time dining at South & York. Each time the menu changes but the choices are always outstanding. the chicken ravioli appetizer was amazing. My scallops and corn risotto was truly a perfect combination of flavors. You can never go wrong with any of the selections. The ingredients are the best and freshest available. The wine list is not long but they have great choices for whatever is being offered on the menu. Our server, Spencer, has been there for awhile and makes great recommendations. He is very friendly and knows his menu and wine list. I always take his wine recommendations and he is on point. Thank you for a great night.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceluvcheezDined on 9/12/2014The food and service were excellent. The portions were a bit small. Prices are a bit high. Don't get your heart set on something from the online menu as it might not be on that night's menu - although the selections were similar. Great for a date night!Special Features:
- 2nd VisitPennySDined on 9/10/2014This was our second visit, the first one was shortly after opening. The food was good but I think very pricey for the portion size. I had the sea scallops with corn risotto. They were tasty but a bit to salty and it was more like an appetizer with 3 small scallops and a dollop of risotto for 26.00. There were approximately 4-5 tables seated all night so there was no noise to contend with. What should be a vibrant new gem in WS was just ok.Special Features:
- Consistently delishLoveTheFoodDined on 9/10/2014Been 3 times and each time has been a treat. Very, very nicely prepared meals, inventive. Had watermelon and tuna ceviche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014My wife and I went to dinner the other night and had an absolutely outstanding experience. The menu and food was spectacular, and the service was great. This is Park Avenue style dining in the comfort of Winter Springs. We'll definitely be back and are looking forward to the brunch with $12 bottomless mimosas too!Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great first experience at South + York. The duck confit appetizer was amazing, and the scallops with risotto was delicious. The price is on the high side, but the food surpassed places with similar pricing. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014What a great find! So happy to have a great restaurant on this side of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Winter SpringsWilliamRWhiteDined on 8/22/2014One of the best new restaurants at which I have dined this year. The owner/chef uses local ingredients and varies the menu to take advantage of seasonal specialties. Seafood is fresh from the coast and expertly prepared. Although the menu is not extensive, there seem to be choices enough to please most palates. When the weather is right, dining tables are made available on the courtyard—a nice touch for an enjoyable evening. Sunday brunch, too. The eggs Benedict with pork tenderloin, and the blueberry pancakes are especially my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downContinentalDined on 8/15/2014we had such a wonderful experience our first visit - great food, personal touch, excellent service... second visit was very disappointing, went for special occassion with reservation. Until we called for owner, we received NO service at all - as it was a special occassion, it set a bad tone for the entire evening. Was a sad memory, don't believe we would return.Special Features:
- A Foodie Find, however...mreavesVIPDined on 8/9/2014South + York is a foodie's find in Winter Springs....farm-to-table means that they source their menu ingredients locally and do not use walk-in freezers to store food. That means fresher food that also supports the local community, which is great. I wish there were more of these type of restaurants in the Orlando area. Food presentation was good, service was timely and friendly, and the ambiance is simple, modern and clean. The menu pricing is too high for this neighborhood restaurant, however. Entrees cost between $20-$30 and everything is a la carte. Dinner for 4 of us, including 4 entrees and 2 glasses of wine, was $125.00. This pricing rivals the most expensive restaurants on Park Ave. in Winter Park.Special Features:
- Great food, pleasant overallbudhabellyDined on 8/7/2014Went to an earlier dinner and was delightfully surprised at the menu. Great food, and the farm-to-table freshness was duly noted. Portion sizes were perfect EXCEPT for the wine. They had huge wine glasses with a carafe that filled them to less than half of the glass, which makes one feel cheated. Maybe smaller wine glasses or a little more generous on the portion of wine. (especially at $7+ per glass). I certainly hope that management makes good decisions so that this restaurant will stay in business because it is one that I would gladly return to, and bring others.Special Features:
- Cozy and QuaintFOODIEMEDined on 8/1/2014South and York is on its way to becoming a really top notch restaurant. The food is excellent, but the wait time is a bit long and the service needs improvement. It's a family run business that makes you feel like your are dining in a cozy house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014South & York is an asset to Winter Springs! The food is outstanding. A must visit.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014South + York is always an amazing experience! Food is the best in Seminole county & owners have the most incredible customer service skills!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food for miles aroundUnikatDined on 7/11/2014We shared two appetizers, succulent duck with sweet onion and crispy fried green tomatoes with tangy horseradish sauce. The arugula salad had paper thin sliced red onions and a citrus dressing that blended seamlessly into a unusually unified taste. We had sea scallops, red snapper with peekytoe crab and pulled barbeque pork. All were exquisitely prepared with perfect subtle seasoning. The cylinder of rich cake and ice cream was a chocolate dessert lover's dream. My favorite dessert was tapioca with coconut and passion fruit sorbet with a touch of cilantro sauce and a thin crisp cookie--all flavors blended to a smooth unique taste. I wish I could eat at South + York every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The burbs get it!FoodVIPDined on 7/10/2014While there is some need to adjust the noise level ( music a bit too loud), I'm glad this place is here. Love the local sourcing and ever-changing menu. Fit for foodies !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Obnoxious trainee waitperson. Waited forever for a cold soup. Soup?? Got excuses a lot. $25 scallop entree with three (3) modest sized scallops? $135 tab (four modest glasses of wine total) for two with terrible service. Our anniversary dinner trying a new place. We won't be back.
- May try again....EaterDined on 7/4/2014Maybe it was not the best idea to try South & York for the special occasion 4th of July event. Overall, the food was fair - fried chicken & green beans were good, corn on the cob was soggy/mushy and the salad consisted of a large bowl of field greens and nothing else. Meal included beer however, it was only American (Bud). They did have 2 or 3 good craft beers on tap however, they were not included in the "picnic price". I suppose for the $15 price it may have been considered a bargain but I was a disappointed. Now i am conflicted whether I should actually try the restaurant on a "normal" evening. Will give it some thought but definitely will not rush to make reservations.
- OUTSTANDING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We ate here on a Thursday night and the food was nothing short of SPECTACULAR! Chef Edgar cooked for us and his wife Emily chose the wines. We were treated like true VIPs, but the truth is, everyone is treated that way. Highlights were the fried goat cheese with honey and black pepper, the flank steak with creamy polenta, and the Madagascar prawn will blow you away! Ask for Spencer as your server, he is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have more to say...ConHippyDined on 6/28/2014I operate my own food and service blog, however, with only a few nitpick improvements to be made, I highly recommend S&Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service and atmospherejessepDined on 6/28/2014I took a date here on Saturday evening and we were taken care of very well. The good was very high quality and the service was knowledgeable and offered excellent answers to menu questions. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ServiceDeb26Dined on 6/25/2014South and York is a wonderful restaurant located in the heart of downtown Winter Springs. The chef uses locally-sourced food to prepare a changing menu. The salads are the best I ever experienced and the desserts are to die for. You can order appetizers and soup for a satisfing meal. I also like the fact that there is a hamburger on the menu. Althought the menu is not extensive, you are be assured that whatever you order will taste really good. Be sure to ask the wait staff to explain anything you don't understand on the menu. Also, I had a great glass of wine for $5 from the happy hour menu. It looks like they have some special events coming up that I will take advantage of. Also, I believe there is a brunch on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrentDined on 6/21/2014Went there for dinner... great concept of using fresh local ingredients in their menu. We need more restaurants like this in the neighborhood. The food is very good. Service is very good. I'll go back to try other selections on the menu.... portions are just right. You walk away with a very satisfying meal... and not stuffed! As a foodie it is more about taste, flavor, presentation and it scores on all accounts.Special Features:
- deehealthyeaterDined on 6/21/2014First visit last Saturday night..loved it...food great ...server knowledgeable...wine choices excellent...will definitely be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem plusEJSJDined on 6/15/2014Brunch on Father's Day Sunday was a real treat for my husband. The food was fresh and well prepared. In fact, we think South + York serves the best breakfast potatoes we've ever tasted. Service was friendly yet efficient. We are so happy to have such a terrific restaurant in our neighborhood. It is worthy of a drive from people in other neighborhoods as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodNikkDined on 6/15/2014I've been for happy hour and brunch. Food is very good. Service is very good. I'll keep going back. The breakfast portions are a bit small. Breakfast potatoes excellent, eggs Benedict excellent, last weekends omelette good not great. Side order of biscuits were not what was anticipated. Two very small biscuits, hard dry and flavorless. My husband loves biscuits and is not a picky eater so for him to only take two small bites and not eat them you know they're not good. Happy hour food...shrimp and grits, goat cheese tempura and sliders, excellent! Sangria very good. Thrilled to have this in the neighborhood. We need more restaurants like this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CocoVIPDined on 6/14/2014First time at this restaurant and it won't be our last! Thrilled to find a restaurant that is farm to table! I had the duck and my husband had the grouper that was caught that morning - both were superb! Service was just as good!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014This was our first visit. The food and service were excellent. We had the duck confit, scallops, grouper--all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBridgeVIPDined on 6/8/2014I've been to South + York a few times for dinner. I was happy all of those times. Brunch is a different story though. I got there at noon and they were already out of the 2 items I wanted. That's fine, annoying, but I understand. So I opted for the Big D's biscuits and gravy. Well, the biscuits were hard to find. How can the entree be called that? There were 2 biscuits about 2" in diameter. I was not thrilled. The plate should be called eggs with 2 baby biscuits. And the jam on the biscuits was weird...took away from the gravy. I was really hoping for a good brunch spot on that side of town, but suppose I'll have to keep driving to Winter Park. The other 4 girls with me were not wowed by their meals either. Everything was kind of "meh."I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected excellencechuluotachowhoundDined on 6/7/2014Decided to try South + York to celebrate our 29th anniversary. We really enjoy farm to table type restaurants and this place was wonderful. Small menu. Perfectly executed with smart attentive service to match.Special Features:
- Neighboorhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014This is my second visit to South and York. On my first visit everything went perfect and I was impressed that we decided to go back. Unfortunately, the second time was not as impressive, but still good enough to go back. The servers were very nice and tried to compensate for forgotten appetizers, long wait for our food, and some what undercooked food. They compensated us with champagne (very nice!) and dessert. Very nice staff. If this was my first visit, I probably would not go back, but I have been there when they have their act together and it is a very nice neighbohood restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to tableklm984VIPDined on 6/6/2014The food at South + York is fresh and innovative. The dishes are creative without being overly complicated or eclectic, meaning you still recognize the ingredients and they appeal to your tastes. The environment is perfectly blended between southern with a touch of northern flair. Also, the restaurant offers a free mimosa at brunch with your receipt which I love the idea of. I'm looking forward to going back for another dinner and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdinearoundDined on 6/6/2014Ambiance was cold - needed plants perhaps, tablecloths possibly. I had the pork tenderloin which was VERY generous, served with sauerkraut and red cabbage in a nice sauce - was very good. Needed a veggie. My husband had the prawn, wasn't filling, served with plantains - tasty, but not enough food We shared a salad, good garden lettuce, but small to share Portions were small, not necessarily a bad thing, but quite expensive not enough choices on the menuSpecial Features:
- The following 97 reviews are from the South + York reviews archive.
- Winter Springs gem!LeslieDined on 5/31/2014We love this place and everyone we've taken there feels the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Skillful preparation, skillful presentation, attentive service, hey unrushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little farm to table find!BoatmanDined on 5/23/2014Our first visit to South and York was great! The wine list, although not extensive, was well thought out and represented a range of tastes and cost. The food was delicious, fresh, nicely presented and was indeed farm to table in that the furthest anything traveled was from Tallahassee. Waitstaff was attentive but not overbearing. A great find in a neighborhood shopping plaza. I hope they are there for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Nite!StephenVIPDined on 5/17/2014Went to South +York last Saturday night looking for something different other than our usual winter park haunts. What a surprise! Requested an outside table, got it and a great waiter, Spencer.! Really good wine list by the glass, they actually had my favorite very difficult to find red wine! Great food although the pork cheeks could have been better. My husband had one of the best duck dishes he's had in a very long time. They were out of the ice cream sandwiches for dessert but that just gives us a reason to go back. We will definitely be adding South + York to our date night rotation! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014This was our first time dining at South + York. We will be back. The food was fantastic - creative and perfectly prepared. The entire staff was friendly and made our meal a memorable experience.Special Features: