South + York
158 Tuskawilla Rd
Winter Springs, FL 32708Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South + York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://southandyork.com/index.html
- Phone: (407) 327-1600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday breakfast 9:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday brunch 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Edgar Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from South + York
The cities of Winter Springs and Oviedo welcome South + York, a farm to table bistro that promises to bring the best regional and seasonal ingredients straight to your plate. This modern approach to the dining experience will create an ever evolving menu highlighting the culinary career of New York born and Southern trained Chef Edgar Cruz. Chef Cruz's passion for exceptional ingredients and traditional French cooking methods will deliver fine Southern food to the quickly growing Winter Springs and Oviedo area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
South + York - Best Restaurants in Winter Springs ›
South + York reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (33)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (21)good for groups (18)notable wine list (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great evening!bbearDined on 11/22/2014Enjoyed this find after it was recommended on a local Facebook thread. In my reservation request, I mentioned we'd be celebrating an anniversary, hoping to get a more intimate table, never having been there before. To our surprise, we were treated to two complimentary glasses of champagne. Service was excellent, everyone was friendly, and we were never rushed as is the case with so many of the chains. Portions weren't huge, but presentation was beautiful and the food was excellent. We will definitely be back to try the other menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemBirthdayGetAwayDined on 11/22/2014First time to South & York. Can't believe it's been around for a year! Great service. Yummy food (small portions thorough). We tried a variety of items; definitely get the eggplant appitizer as well as the fried oysters. The South burger was amazing. We also tried the NY strip which was delicious but small. The grouper was tasty too. Farm to table is the motto - everything was fresh and delicious. Will be back! Support your Seminole County restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff & interesting tasty food.GoodHomeCookDined on 11/21/2014We enjoyed the various dishes we tried. portions are small but tasty. Staff is knowledgeable and attentive. Be prepared to wait for your food though, There can be a long time between appetizers and main courses coming out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visit South & York whenever we visit Orlando.MariefromMiamiDined on 11/21/2014South & York has the best hamburgers. We love the South burger which has fried green tomatoes and fried pickles. I don't normally like pickles but the salty crunchy flavor with the hamburgers makes a good balance. They don't have the best desserts but added a safe banana split which was great with the candied nuts. My son had the chocolate cake which was delish as sampled by another diner and my son. Service is good as the host recognized that we had a reservation as soon as we walked in and remembered us from a previous visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I am so happy that my husband chose nearby South + York to celebrate my 40th birthday. Everything was just wonderful, from the open-air seating, to the food, to the service. We have found our new "spot."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different yet delightfulJohnnydewDined on 11/14/2014Upscale dining. Excellent lighting. I took my girlfriend for our first visit to South +York. Thry named it after New York and South style food. Their first night with liquor. So we shared a fine bottle of wine. Their menu was small and unique. We had the fried oyster appitizer. It was excellent. Entrées were that scallops which seemed to be a very small portion. The Black Sea bass was excellent and a healthy portion. Bread was bad. Overbaked hard rolls. The noise level was fine. You didn't have to raise your voice st all. But there was one annoying patron with a very loud clapping habit which echoed through the restaurant. I'm from up north and I did not recognize anything on the menu from NY. There were only 2 desserts and cheese cake was not one of them. So $100 later I was still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Winter SpringslocalsVIPDined on 11/11/2014So glad to have a great restaurant in Winter Springs! I am going to pread the word so this establishment can flourish. People really need to support this local business so they can keep this great find here.Special Features:
- Excellent again.ConHippyDined on 11/8/2014With the exception of a key ingredient (bacon) left out of a salad, and the server wearing gaudy skater sneakers, everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorothyDined on 11/8/2014We are regular customers of South & York and wanted to try their new menu. The beet and lobster appetizer was a perfect combination of flavors with a hint of olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. The fried oysters with a spicy remoulade were divine. I had the shrimp and grits for dinner. S&Y does a flavorful rouxe and uses polenta. Very delicious. My husband loves the South & York burger. Truly one of the best around with the fried green tomato. Our server, Jonathan, knows his wine selections and picked out a perfect pinot for me. He also tempted us with the desert of luscious berries in a creamy custard. Fun presentation in a champagne glass for the 2 of us to share. The perfect ending to a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experience2EilandsfordinnerDined on 10/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at South and York. The restaurant was recommened by good friends who gave nothing but good reviews. We were really impressed by the atmosphere and surprised that the restaurant had only been opened for a year. We were also very intrigued by the farm to table dining experience. The menu choices were very appetizing and the food was indeed fresh. Our servers were very friendly and personable. The evening was completed with a very kind gesture by management extending two glasses of Champagne to celebrate our anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising find!DeanVIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I have been to South + York twice now, and have been pleasantly surprised both times. The food is really creative, and we both have enjoyed everything we've had. Great presentation, flavors and it is a nice environment. Their cooking has Southern origins, but with a metro interpretation. On cool evenings, they open the large doors which opens to a courtyard area and makes for a good outside/inside eating experience. We will return!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. Great food.EatDrinkBMerryDined on 10/24/2014Went to South + York to celebrate a special occasion. The food was great as usual and the service was top notch. This is a restaurant that will be in frequent rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodcma2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service is always fantastic. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumshortordergourmetDined on 10/23/2014Awesome as ever, introduced the spot to my bookclub. They were blown away. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorothyDined on 10/14/2014We took an out of town friend with us for dinner. The swordfish and fried green tomatoe special was perfection on a plate. My husband had the incredible oyster stew as an appetizer. The cream base broth was bursting with flavor. Truly delicious. We love the farm to table concept so on each visit it is a dining experience with new flavor combinations to try. Edgar is an amazing chef that likes to experiment with great ingredients. We have never been disappointed. Thanks for coming to Winter Springs.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014What a wonderful place for brunch and celebrating birthdays. Wonderful service, delicious food, and bottomless mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptRAV1Dined on 10/4/2014We love the concept of farm to table, fresh food. The atmosphere is great, the food is generally outstanding, and service is perfect. Our only minor criticism is the portions, especially sometimes the main dish, is modest and could be slightly larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Toast!MontroseMag61Dined on 9/28/2014My friend and I enjoyed a lovely brunch - with mimosas! The service was attentive without being overbearing, my French toast was delightful, portions just right - I'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazing SurpriseshortordergourmetDined on 9/26/2014Kept hearing about this place and finally was able to go for my birthday dinner with close friends. Everything was amazing. We shared bites of our meals and were blissfully, strangely quiet as we tasted and nodded and smiled and went in for additional bites. So, so good. Very cool gem that will blow any foodie away...promise.Special Features:
- South + York is the best!!AndersoneatsDined on 9/24/2014Started with a champagne toast for the 14 ladies celebrating our friends birthday. Farm to table menu, just wonderful! Apps, salad & meals everyone loved everything! Fresh! Variety! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCb0ldwomanDined on 9/16/2014It's nice to have such a good restaurant in your local neighborhood. I went because I saw an ad & I love the 'farm to table' concept. The food was creative, beautiful & delicious. The staff was friendly & helpful. My favorite item was the tempura goat cheese in honey. Mmmmm.Special Features:
- Great farm to table conceptDorothyDined on 9/12/2014This was our 5th time dining at South & York. Each time the menu changes but the choices are always outstanding. the chicken ravioli appetizer was amazing. My scallops and corn risotto was truly a perfect combination of flavors. You can never go wrong with any of the selections. The ingredients are the best and freshest available. The wine list is not long but they have great choices for whatever is being offered on the menu. Our server, Spencer, has been there for awhile and makes great recommendations. He is very friendly and knows his menu and wine list. I always take his wine recommendations and he is on point. Thank you for a great night.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceluvcheezDined on 9/12/2014The food and service were excellent. The portions were a bit small. Prices are a bit high. Don't get your heart set on something from the online menu as it might not be on that night's menu - although the selections were similar. Great for a date night!Special Features:
- 2nd VisitPennySDined on 9/10/2014This was our second visit, the first one was shortly after opening. The food was good but I think very pricey for the portion size. I had the sea scallops with corn risotto. They were tasty but a bit to salty and it was more like an appetizer with 3 small scallops and a dollop of risotto for 26.00. There were approximately 4-5 tables seated all night so there was no noise to contend with. What should be a vibrant new gem in WS was just ok.Special Features:
- Consistently delishLoveTheFoodDined on 9/10/2014Been 3 times and each time has been a treat. Very, very nicely prepared meals, inventive. Had watermelon and tuna ceviche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014My wife and I went to dinner the other night and had an absolutely outstanding experience. The menu and food was spectacular, and the service was great. This is Park Avenue style dining in the comfort of Winter Springs. We'll definitely be back and are looking forward to the brunch with $12 bottomless mimosas too!Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great first experience at South + York. The duck confit appetizer was amazing, and the scallops with risotto was delicious. The price is on the high side, but the food surpassed places with similar pricing. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014What a great find! So happy to have a great restaurant on this side of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Winter SpringsWilliamRWhiteDined on 8/22/2014One of the best new restaurants at which I have dined this year. The owner/chef uses local ingredients and varies the menu to take advantage of seasonal specialties. Seafood is fresh from the coast and expertly prepared. Although the menu is not extensive, there seem to be choices enough to please most palates. When the weather is right, dining tables are made available on the courtyard—a nice touch for an enjoyable evening. Sunday brunch, too. The eggs Benedict with pork tenderloin, and the blueberry pancakes are especially my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downContinentalDined on 8/15/2014we had such a wonderful experience our first visit - great food, personal touch, excellent service... second visit was very disappointing, went for special occassion with reservation. Until we called for owner, we received NO service at all - as it was a special occassion, it set a bad tone for the entire evening. Was a sad memory, don't believe we would return.Special Features:
- A Foodie Find, however...mreavesVIPDined on 8/9/2014South + York is a foodie's find in Winter Springs....farm-to-table means that they source their menu ingredients locally and do not use walk-in freezers to store food. That means fresher food that also supports the local community, which is great. I wish there were more of these type of restaurants in the Orlando area. Food presentation was good, service was timely and friendly, and the ambiance is simple, modern and clean. The menu pricing is too high for this neighborhood restaurant, however. Entrees cost between $20-$30 and everything is a la carte. Dinner for 4 of us, including 4 entrees and 2 glasses of wine, was $125.00. This pricing rivals the most expensive restaurants on Park Ave. in Winter Park.Special Features:
- Great food, pleasant overallbudhabellyDined on 8/7/2014Went to an earlier dinner and was delightfully surprised at the menu. Great food, and the farm-to-table freshness was duly noted. Portion sizes were perfect EXCEPT for the wine. They had huge wine glasses with a carafe that filled them to less than half of the glass, which makes one feel cheated. Maybe smaller wine glasses or a little more generous on the portion of wine. (especially at $7+ per glass). I certainly hope that management makes good decisions so that this restaurant will stay in business because it is one that I would gladly return to, and bring others.Special Features:
- Cozy and QuaintFOODIEMEDined on 8/1/2014South and York is on its way to becoming a really top notch restaurant. The food is excellent, but the wait time is a bit long and the service needs improvement. It's a family run business that makes you feel like your are dining in a cozy house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the South + York reviews archive.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014South & York is an asset to Winter Springs! The food is outstanding. A must visit.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014South + York is always an amazing experience! Food is the best in Seminole county & owners have the most incredible customer service skills!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food for miles aroundUnikatDined on 7/11/2014We shared two appetizers, succulent duck with sweet onion and crispy fried green tomatoes with tangy horseradish sauce. The arugula salad had paper thin sliced red onions and a citrus dressing that blended seamlessly into a unusually unified taste. We had sea scallops, red snapper with peekytoe crab and pulled barbeque pork. All were exquisitely prepared with perfect subtle seasoning. The cylinder of rich cake and ice cream was a chocolate dessert lover's dream. My favorite dessert was tapioca with coconut and passion fruit sorbet with a touch of cilantro sauce and a thin crisp cookie--all flavors blended to a smooth unique taste. I wish I could eat at South + York every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The burbs get it!FoodVIPDined on 7/10/2014While there is some need to adjust the noise level ( music a bit too loud), I'm glad this place is here. Love the local sourcing and ever-changing menu. Fit for foodies !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Obnoxious trainee waitperson. Waited forever for a cold soup. Soup?? Got excuses a lot. $25 scallop entree with three (3) modest sized scallops? $135 tab (four modest glasses of wine total) for two with terrible service. Our anniversary dinner trying a new place. We won't be back.
- May try again....EaterDined on 7/4/2014Maybe it was not the best idea to try South & York for the special occasion 4th of July event. Overall, the food was fair - fried chicken & green beans were good, corn on the cob was soggy/mushy and the salad consisted of a large bowl of field greens and nothing else. Meal included beer however, it was only American (Bud). They did have 2 or 3 good craft beers on tap however, they were not included in the "picnic price". I suppose for the $15 price it may have been considered a bargain but I was a disappointed. Now i am conflicted whether I should actually try the restaurant on a "normal" evening. Will give it some thought but definitely will not rush to make reservations.
- OUTSTANDING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We ate here on a Thursday night and the food was nothing short of SPECTACULAR! Chef Edgar cooked for us and his wife Emily chose the wines. We were treated like true VIPs, but the truth is, everyone is treated that way. Highlights were the fried goat cheese with honey and black pepper, the flank steak with creamy polenta, and the Madagascar prawn will blow you away! Ask for Spencer as your server, he is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.