South + York
158 Tuskawilla Rd
Winter Springs, FL 32708Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South + York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://southandyork.com/index.html
- Phone: 4073271600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday breakfast 9:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday brunch 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Edgar Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from South + York
The cities of Winter Springs and Oviedo welcome South + York, a farm to table bistro that promises to bring the best regional and seasonal ingredients straight to your plate. This modern approach to the dining experience will create an ever evolving menu highlighting the culinary career of New York born and Southern trained Chef Edgar Cruz. Chef Cruz's passion for exceptional ingredients and traditional French cooking methods will deliver fine Southern food to the quickly growing Winter Springs and Oviedo area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
South + York - Best Restaurants in Winter Springs ›
South + York reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (38)great for brunch (32)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (18)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great first experience at South + York. The duck confit appetizer was amazing, and the scallops with risotto was delicious. The price is on the high side, but the food surpassed places with similar pricing. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014What a great find! So happy to have a great restaurant on this side of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Winter SpringsWilliamRWhiteDined on 8/22/2014One of the best new restaurants at which I have dined this year. The owner/chef uses local ingredients and varies the menu to take advantage of seasonal specialties. Seafood is fresh from the coast and expertly prepared. Although the menu is not extensive, there seem to be choices enough to please most palates. When the weather is right, dining tables are made available on the courtyard—a nice touch for an enjoyable evening. Sunday brunch, too. The eggs Benedict with pork tenderloin, and the blueberry pancakes are especially my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downContinentalDined on 8/15/2014we had such a wonderful experience our first visit - great food, personal touch, excellent service... second visit was very disappointing, went for special occassion with reservation. Until we called for owner, we received NO service at all - as it was a special occassion, it set a bad tone for the entire evening. Was a sad memory, don't believe we would return.Special Features:
- A Foodie Find, however...mreavesDined on 8/9/2014South + York is a foodie's find in Winter Springs....farm-to-table means that they source their menu ingredients locally and do not use walk-in freezers to store food. That means fresher food that also supports the local community, which is great. I wish there were more of these type of restaurants in the Orlando area. Food presentation was good, service was timely and friendly, and the ambiance is simple, modern and clean. The menu pricing is too high for this neighborhood restaurant, however. Entrees cost between $20-$30 and everything is a la carte. Dinner for 4 of us, including 4 entrees and 2 glasses of wine, was $125.00. This pricing rivals the most expensive restaurants on Park Ave. in Winter Park.Special Features:
- Great food, pleasant overallbudhabellyDined on 8/7/2014Went to an earlier dinner and was delightfully surprised at the menu. Great food, and the farm-to-table freshness was duly noted. Portion sizes were perfect EXCEPT for the wine. They had huge wine glasses with a carafe that filled them to less than half of the glass, which makes one feel cheated. Maybe smaller wine glasses or a little more generous on the portion of wine. (especially at $7+ per glass). I certainly hope that management makes good decisions so that this restaurant will stay in business because it is one that I would gladly return to, and bring others.Special Features:
- Cozy and QuaintFOODIEMEDined on 8/1/2014South and York is on its way to becoming a really top notch restaurant. The food is excellent, but the wait time is a bit long and the service needs improvement. It's a family run business that makes you feel like your are dining in a cozy house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014South & York is an asset to Winter Springs! The food is outstanding. A must visit.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014South + York is always an amazing experience! Food is the best in Seminole county & owners have the most incredible customer service skills!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food for miles aroundUnikatDined on 7/11/2014We shared two appetizers, succulent duck with sweet onion and crispy fried green tomatoes with tangy horseradish sauce. The arugula salad had paper thin sliced red onions and a citrus dressing that blended seamlessly into a unusually unified taste. We had sea scallops, red snapper with peekytoe crab and pulled barbeque pork. All were exquisitely prepared with perfect subtle seasoning. The cylinder of rich cake and ice cream was a chocolate dessert lover's dream. My favorite dessert was tapioca with coconut and passion fruit sorbet with a touch of cilantro sauce and a thin crisp cookie--all flavors blended to a smooth unique taste. I wish I could eat at South + York every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The burbs get it!FoodVIPDined on 7/10/2014While there is some need to adjust the noise level ( music a bit too loud), I'm glad this place is here. Love the local sourcing and ever-changing menu. Fit for foodies !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Obnoxious trainee waitperson. Waited forever for a cold soup. Soup?? Got excuses a lot. $25 scallop entree with three (3) modest sized scallops? $135 tab (four modest glasses of wine total) for two with terrible service. Our anniversary dinner trying a new place. We won't be back.
- May try again....EaterDined on 7/4/2014Maybe it was not the best idea to try South & York for the special occasion 4th of July event. Overall, the food was fair - fried chicken & green beans were good, corn on the cob was soggy/mushy and the salad consisted of a large bowl of field greens and nothing else. Meal included beer however, it was only American (Bud). They did have 2 or 3 good craft beers on tap however, they were not included in the "picnic price". I suppose for the $15 price it may have been considered a bargain but I was a disappointed. Now i am conflicted whether I should actually try the restaurant on a "normal" evening. Will give it some thought but definitely will not rush to make reservations.
- OUTSTANDING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We ate here on a Thursday night and the food was nothing short of SPECTACULAR! Chef Edgar cooked for us and his wife Emily chose the wines. We were treated like true VIPs, but the truth is, everyone is treated that way. Highlights were the fried goat cheese with honey and black pepper, the flank steak with creamy polenta, and the Madagascar prawn will blow you away! Ask for Spencer as your server, he is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have more to say...ConHippyDined on 6/28/2014I operate my own food and service blog, however, with only a few nitpick improvements to be made, I highly recommend S&Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service and atmospherejessepDined on 6/28/2014I took a date here on Saturday evening and we were taken care of very well. The good was very high quality and the service was knowledgeable and offered excellent answers to menu questions. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ServiceDeb26Dined on 6/25/2014South and York is a wonderful restaurant located in the heart of downtown Winter Springs. The chef uses locally-sourced food to prepare a changing menu. The salads are the best I ever experienced and the desserts are to die for. You can order appetizers and soup for a satisfing meal. I also like the fact that there is a hamburger on the menu. Althought the menu is not extensive, you are be assured that whatever you order will taste really good. Be sure to ask the wait staff to explain anything you don't understand on the menu. Also, I had a great glass of wine for $5 from the happy hour menu. It looks like they have some special events coming up that I will take advantage of. Also, I believe there is a brunch on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrentDined on 6/21/2014Went there for dinner... great concept of using fresh local ingredients in their menu. We need more restaurants like this in the neighborhood. The food is very good. Service is very good. I'll go back to try other selections on the menu.... portions are just right. You walk away with a very satisfying meal... and not stuffed! As a foodie it is more about taste, flavor, presentation and it scores on all accounts.Special Features:
- deehealthyeaterDined on 6/21/2014First visit last Saturday night..loved it...food great ...server knowledgeable...wine choices excellent...will definitely be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem plusEJSJDined on 6/15/2014Brunch on Father's Day Sunday was a real treat for my husband. The food was fresh and well prepared. In fact, we think South + York serves the best breakfast potatoes we've ever tasted. Service was friendly yet efficient. We are so happy to have such a terrific restaurant in our neighborhood. It is worthy of a drive from people in other neighborhoods as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodNikkDined on 6/15/2014I've been for happy hour and brunch. Food is very good. Service is very good. I'll keep going back. The breakfast portions are a bit small. Breakfast potatoes excellent, eggs Benedict excellent, last weekends omelette good not great. Side order of biscuits were not what was anticipated. Two very small biscuits, hard dry and flavorless. My husband loves biscuits and is not a picky eater so for him to only take two small bites and not eat them you know they're not good. Happy hour food...shrimp and grits, goat cheese tempura and sliders, excellent! Sangria very good. Thrilled to have this in the neighborhood. We need more restaurants like this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CocoVIPDined on 6/14/2014First time at this restaurant and it won't be our last! Thrilled to find a restaurant that is farm to table! I had the duck and my husband had the grouper that was caught that morning - both were superb! Service was just as good!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014This was our first visit. The food and service were excellent. We had the duck confit, scallops, grouper--all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBridgeVIPDined on 6/8/2014I've been to South + York a few times for dinner. I was happy all of those times. Brunch is a different story though. I got there at noon and they were already out of the 2 items I wanted. That's fine, annoying, but I understand. So I opted for the Big D's biscuits and gravy. Well, the biscuits were hard to find. How can the entree be called that? There were 2 biscuits about 2" in diameter. I was not thrilled. The plate should be called eggs with 2 baby biscuits. And the jam on the biscuits was weird...took away from the gravy. I was really hoping for a good brunch spot on that side of town, but suppose I'll have to keep driving to Winter Park. The other 4 girls with me were not wowed by their meals either. Everything was kind of "meh."I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected excellencechuluotachowhoundDined on 6/7/2014Decided to try South + York to celebrate our 29th anniversary. We really enjoy farm to table type restaurants and this place was wonderful. Small menu. Perfectly executed with smart attentive service to match.Special Features:
- Neighboorhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014This is my second visit to South and York. On my first visit everything went perfect and I was impressed that we decided to go back. Unfortunately, the second time was not as impressive, but still good enough to go back. The servers were very nice and tried to compensate for forgotten appetizers, long wait for our food, and some what undercooked food. They compensated us with champagne (very nice!) and dessert. Very nice staff. If this was my first visit, I probably would not go back, but I have been there when they have their act together and it is a very nice neighbohood restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to tableklm984VIPDined on 6/6/2014The food at South + York is fresh and innovative. The dishes are creative without being overly complicated or eclectic, meaning you still recognize the ingredients and they appeal to your tastes. The environment is perfectly blended between southern with a touch of northern flair. Also, the restaurant offers a free mimosa at brunch with your receipt which I love the idea of. I'm looking forward to going back for another dinner and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdinearoundDined on 6/6/2014Ambiance was cold - needed plants perhaps, tablecloths possibly. I had the pork tenderloin which was VERY generous, served with sauerkraut and red cabbage in a nice sauce - was very good. Needed a veggie. My husband had the prawn, wasn't filling, served with plantains - tasty, but not enough food We shared a salad, good garden lettuce, but small to share Portions were small, not necessarily a bad thing, but quite expensive not enough choices on the menuSpecial Features:
- Winter Springs gem!LeslieDined on 5/31/2014We love this place and everyone we've taken there feels the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Skillful preparation, skillful presentation, attentive service, hey unrushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little farm to table find!BoatmanDined on 5/23/2014Our first visit to South and York was great! The wine list, although not extensive, was well thought out and represented a range of tastes and cost. The food was delicious, fresh, nicely presented and was indeed farm to table in that the furthest anything traveled was from Tallahassee. Waitstaff was attentive but not overbearing. A great find in a neighborhood shopping plaza. I hope they are there for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Nite!StephenVIPDined on 5/17/2014Went to South +York last Saturday night looking for something different other than our usual winter park haunts. What a surprise! Requested an outside table, got it and a great waiter, Spencer.! Really good wine list by the glass, they actually had my favorite very difficult to find red wine! Great food although the pork cheeks could have been better. My husband had one of the best duck dishes he's had in a very long time. They were out of the ice cream sandwiches for dessert but that just gives us a reason to go back. We will definitely be adding South + York to our date night rotation! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014This was our first time dining at South + York. We will be back. The food was fantastic - creative and perfectly prepared. The entire staff was friendly and made our meal a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunchapple17Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch and so glad we did - I'm pretty sure this is my new brunch spot! The food was delicious - the portions are actually on the smaller side (think fine dining) but it actually allows you to indulge without feeling too guilty. Servers seem a bit inexperienced but very well intended. This place is a total gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food is good but they have a bizarre reservation system that is not effective on a busy holiday. It's a nice addition to our foodie desert out here in Winter Springs, but they haven't hit a rhythm with the service aspect yet.
- A New Local Gemride2dineDined on 5/11/2014Finally! A local eatery that calls you back for more. We have seen several restaurants come and go from this very lovely corner in the Winter Springs Town Center. In spite of being just off the bike trail none of the predecessors of South and York seemed to be able to make it. But this new place is off to a flying start. The menu is creative and offers delicious options. The staff is attentive and efficient. We visited for an evening meal and for brunch on Mothers' Day. We had a great meal and a lovely, lively time on both occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh foodLizbethDined on 5/11/2014Been here 4 times now. Food is so fresh and so Good. I love the "gastro pub" theme of food bought from local farmers and using mostly organic food. Of course because of this is a little more pricey and Menu changes regularly. Thai was my first time going for brunch everything was delicious. I had eggs Benedict made with pork tenderloin. My husband and kids had vanilla fend toast. While very tasty and light but was a little soggy, think if they used thicker bread that would help. My only complaint was Food did take a very long one to come to table (40min). But then again it is freshly made and a mom and pop place so it's understandableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchKStarDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing, the service was a little slow but we weren't in any rush. The radio station you had playing did drop the f-word a few times. One in Bruno Mars Gorilla (which content of that song speaks for itself) and the other in a Maroon 5 song. We will be back again just hope there's a new music station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true little gem!ModernBradysDined on 5/10/2014South + York was a unique find. We were there for our date night and were pleasantly surprised. It provided an elegant and delicious meal for the both of us. I had the Beef Tenderloin and he had the Shrimp and Grits. Both were melt in your mouth delicious. We finished off with Almond-Shortbread Ice Cream sandwiches! I will come back for that alone! The service was impeccable and be sure to make reservations. While they allow you to wait, it fills quickly and the bar area isn't really conducive for dining. Sit down and enjoy yourself. You will be glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCharlestonMomDined on 5/10/2014Started evening with delicious spicy roasted shrimp, great glass of wine and super conversation at the bar. Our bartender not only served us, but really worked to get to know us as customers. Then it was onto our table for dinner where our waitress (also the pastry chef as it turns out) took fantastic care of us, even offering to split the salad that we wanted to share. From dawedge salad to the seared scallops...delicious! We finished our meal with the ice cream sandwiches, a sweet and slightly salty dessert that was the absolute perfect ending to the meal. Amazing food and even better service...go soon and often...this is a great place! Can't wait to try their brunch.Special Features: