7615 E Pinnacle Peak Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soulcafeaz.com/
- Phone: 4805156254
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm
Monday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Tuesday- Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sheila Bryson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Saturday evening.
A word from Soul Cafe
Modern American Southwest menu using regional ingredients. We offer everything from seafood to filets to pastas and pizzas. we try to cater to special diets and we do have a Gluten Free menu. The Chef changes the dinner menu every night. Soul has live music and dancing on certain nights of the week. We offer daily breakfast and lunch specials. Our menu is made up of house made items that the chef makes to order. We do breakfast until 2pm on Sundays. We are known for our Green pork Chili and every weekend we have a special pancake of the day such as our Preserved Lemon Ricotta Pancake. YUM YUM!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Soul Cafe - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Soul Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (34)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (20)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (14)romantic (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- All around greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Just a Friday night dinner with a long time friend - good music, easy to talk, great food - on the spot service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, difficult to talkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Quality of the food was outstanding and the choices were vast. We were there on a Friday night and with the band it was difficult for us to carry on a conversation. Music was good however.Special Features:
- Always a good evening!jpr8Dined on 10/16/2014The menu here has something for everyone from basics like meatloaf to more adventurous items like the appetizer of Brie with bacon jam...delicious! It's also very nice to have a place with live music during dinner that wasn't louder than conversation with your table mates. We were in for early dinner so the music may get the place jumping a little later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Micala, our server was great. Food was outstanding. Patio could use some sprucing ..dead plants, lights not working, hose unrolled laying on the groundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diet ConsciousTerrelaDined on 10/11/2014I ordered the egg white omelet with goat cheese and vegetables.I did not want to have either the toast or the potatoes and the server was more than happy-in fact she suggested it-to substitute extra grilled veggies like the ones in the omelet and the, always wonderful, fruit.Everything was as wonderful as usual, which is great!Special Features:
- LOVE this Place!!!HMdinerDined on 10/8/2014Never a Bad Meal!!! And you HAVE to get Dessert!!!! We will be back!!!! Again and Again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific DinnerGaileeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Its always a pleasant to bring a friend to Soul for dinner, especially on Wednesday nights for the special chicken entree. The food never disappoints us -- the chicken is tender, the vegetables are wonderful and the gravy is delicious. I wish I could make gravy like that!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphereSunsetheavenDined on 9/30/2014Sheila has done it again. Great service, fantastic food and choices. Highly recommend for everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Gave a party of 10 separate checks. Great service. Very friendly. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, good music, but the music started at 6:30 so if you want to I enjoy dinner and talk with friends befor it gets load you need to be there by 5:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!KatiebDined on 9/19/2014We have been several times for brunch and dinner and have never been disappointed. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrelaDined on 9/12/2014We love Soul Cafe and have been there many times at various times of the day and days of the week. We met another couple there for dinner who had never been there before and they LOVED it. The food was excellent as usual and service was great. It was Friday night and there was music but it wasn't necessarily loud music. This was great as we hadn't seen each other in a while and wanted to catch up!!! I'm sure that they will return again, too.Special Features:
- A Nice SurprisePhyllisVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had never dined at this wonderful restaurant before. The food was amazing and Mark was FABULOUS. What a lovely evening!Special Features:
- This is our weekly supper club!SunshineDined on 9/10/2014The food and service are great. There's something for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGaileeVIPDined on 9/10/2014We brought another person to enjoy the Wednesday night special chicken dinner and now there is a new Soul Cafe fan! Everything was delicious and our server was so nice! There were just two minor issues. The music was a little loud which made conversation difficult and the restaurant felt a little warm.Special Features:
- Definitely Going BackFantasticDined on 9/6/2014The Soul Cafe is a rare find here in the Valley. Small enough to be very personal yet large enough to accommodate a large party. Our family will be returning frequently even though it is a distance from our home. The food.....OUTSTANDING!! I have been there twice and the food is excellent without exception. Thank You Soul Cafe, been looking for a place like this for years. Ed LynchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingLuv2EatDined on 9/3/2014What can I say...we are addicted to your Fried Chicken Wednesday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGaileeVIPDined on 9/3/2014We brought a friend with us so he could experience the wonderful Wednesday special chicken dinner. He was awed! And now there is another Soul Cafe fan. The music was a little too loud which made dinner conversation difficult. The food, as usual, was outstanding! I still can't believe the chicken is fried -- its so tender and moist but not the least bit greasy as most fried chicken.Special Features:
- Chef is excellentEatHealthLiveDined on 8/30/2014Soul Cafe presents good food and a palate pleasing way. The good news is that they make lots of their dishes gluten free for those of us who are low carb or wheat sensitive or Celiac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014First time and can't wait to go back! Staff was friendly and efficient, music enjoyable, and food excellent. Noise level was acceptable considering the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzgalDined on 8/27/2014I go to Soul Cafe often and it never disappoints. Their lemon ricotta pancake is to die for, and so is their all you can eat fried chicken special. I've taken several out of town visitors there and they have the same reaction. Plus the interior is delightful and so is the outdoor patio. Great mountain views, and even live music in the evening. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Consistently tasty!LovelunchoutDined on 8/21/2014I love this restaurant! It is a neighborhood gem, but more than that the food is always fresh and tasty. The staff is friendly and attentive. The owner/chef interacts with her clients in a friendly manner. We also love it for group lunches because it is quiet enough to hear one another and there are areas where large tables can be set up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrelaDined on 8/18/2014We love Soul Cafe. The menu is great and they are wonderful at making changes to dishes to work around allergies, too.Special Features:
- Breakfast is INCREDIBLE!best4breakfastDined on 8/17/2014All the traditional breakfast items you'd look for, just kicked up to a whole new level. We try to order a different item from the menu each time we visit, but the "specials" sometimes detour us! Our first choice when we have a special occasion to eat breakfast out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodjagxkDined on 8/9/2014Saturday night early pre concert dinner. Excellent service . Server not afraid to recommend and comment on dishes. We needed quick service to get to our concert on time and it happened . The food was great sone of the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGaileeVIPDined on 8/6/2014When we visit Soul Café, we feel like we are visiting a friend. The servers know us and greet us as old friends. The food is consistently wonderful. This restaurant is a terrific find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteRWPhxDined on 7/25/2014Party of five. Everyone ordered something different. Everyone loved what they ordered! The service was outstanding. Danielle was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed talking with the chef and will be back to try out the lunch and breakfast menus. We arrived in time for happy hour that offered an $8 discount on a bottle of wine. Also enjoyed the live music and pleasant vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful meal, comfortable servicNorthScottsdaleTomDined on 7/23/2014Sheila is a wonderful Host, and the menu selections make it difficult to pick just one entree each time; they are all so good, we just keep going back until we get through them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW food adventuremikeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Soul Cafe has produced an interesting and varied menu all of which tastes great. Our foursome enjoyed the clams and salads as appetizers and they were excellent. Main course highlights are the Mexiloaf (meatloaf) which was flavorful and well prepared; Lobster ravoli which is just outsatnding and the eggplant.Special Features:
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014My wife & I stumbled upon this place on Thursday. We were so impressed with the service & presentation that we brought our parents back on Sunday for brunch. Luv the lemon ricotta pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvstoeatoutDined on 7/9/2014The Soul Café has become one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. The food is delicious. The service is friendly and efficient. The quality and value is terrific. They offer wonderful specials weekly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken SpecialGaileeVIPDined on 7/9/2014If it's Wednesday you will find us at Soul for the chicken dinner. The chicken is always tender and delicious, the gravy wonderful and we really like the veggies! Unbelievable bargain at $9.99Special Features:
- TriciaDined on 7/9/2014I had been to Soul Cafe for the first time the week before and was taken with their buttermilk fried chicken! Went again to introduce it to two other women and they loved it as well. The young people that work there are wonderful - professional and fun!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Soul Cafe is a gem! Great for breakfast ,lunch or dinner! The lamb platter was outstanding, as were the scallops, meat loaf and Po Boys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of July specialGaileeVIPDined on 7/4/2014The 4th of July special of ribs, potato salad and beans was good but not great like most of the other entrees at Soul. We were a little disappointed in the ribs. The peach cobbler for desert was terrific, especially the pie crust on top.Special Features:
- Chicken SpecialGaileeVIPDined on 7/2/2014Enjoying the special chicken dinner every Wednesday is getting to be a regular event for us. The food is wonderful -- chicken moist and tender, gravy outstanding and the vegetables are delicious.Special Features:
- rascal12Dined on 7/2/2014This was our third visit and as usual everything was great. The food and service is very consistent. Have recommended to several people. I can't wait for Fall to come so we can sit on the patio.Special Features:
- TaitDined on 6/28/2014We both enjoyed the dinner we had. My friend had been there twice before for lunch and this was my first time there. There was a blues band performing and that was enjoyable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Soul Cafe reviews archive.
- Buttermilk Fried ChickennjfranVIPDined on 6/18/2014Wonderful Wednesday night special for the fantastic Buttermilk Fried Chicken. A definite "go back" since we live close bySpecial Features:
- DisappointedeatalotDined on 6/18/2014Last time food was good but took 45 minutes to figure out bill. Last night's buttermilk chicken was soggy and my eggplant needed to go back twice because it was cold. The sound level at it's worst is unfiltered loud voices --last night (at just 6:30 pm), it was superseded by a very loud Duo (though lovely singing and type of music) , placed right next to our table, so all talking, as well as hearing your own thinking was quashed. I know this restaurant is supposed to be the "IN" place now. Sorry the 6 of us didn't find it that way. Please share note with owners so they may consider this encouragement for improvement