7615 E Pinnacle Peak Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soulcafeaz.com/
- Phone: 4805156254
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm
Monday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Tuesday- Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sheila Bryson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Saturday evening.
A word from Soul Cafe
Modern American Southwest menu using regional ingredients. We offer everything from seafood to filets to pastas and pizzas. we try to cater to special diets and we do have a Gluten Free menu. The Chef changes the dinner menu every night. Soul has live music and dancing on certain nights of the week. We offer daily breakfast and lunch specials. Our menu is made up of house made items that the chef makes to order. We do breakfast until 2pm on Sundays. We are known for our Green pork Chili and every weekend we have a special pancake of the day such as our Preserved Lemon Ricotta Pancake. YUM YUM!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Soul Cafe - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Soul Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- TerrelaDined on 9/12/2014We love Soul Cafe and have been there many times at various times of the day and days of the week. We met another couple there for dinner who had never been there before and they LOVED it. The food was excellent as usual and service was great. It was Friday night and there was music but it wasn't necessarily loud music. This was great as we hadn't seen each other in a while and wanted to catch up!!! I'm sure that they will return again, too.Special Features:
- A Nice SurprisePhyllisDined on 9/11/2014We had never dined at this wonderful restaurant before. The food was amazing and Mark was FABULOUS. What a lovely evening!Special Features:
- This is our weekly supper club!SunshineDined on 9/10/2014The food and service are great. There's something for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGaileeVIPDined on 9/10/2014We brought another person to enjoy the Wednesday night special chicken dinner and now there is a new Soul Cafe fan! Everything was delicious and our server was so nice! There were just two minor issues. The music was a little loud which made conversation difficult and the restaurant felt a little warm.Special Features:
- Definitely Going BackFantasticDined on 9/6/2014The Soul Cafe is a rare find here in the Valley. Small enough to be very personal yet large enough to accommodate a large party. Our family will be returning frequently even though it is a distance from our home. The food.....OUTSTANDING!! I have been there twice and the food is excellent without exception. Thank You Soul Cafe, been looking for a place like this for years. Ed LynchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingLuv2EatDined on 9/3/2014What can I say...we are addicted to your Fried Chicken Wednesday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGaileeVIPDined on 9/3/2014We brought a friend with us so he could experience the wonderful Wednesday special chicken dinner. He was awed! And now there is another Soul Cafe fan. The music was a little too loud which made dinner conversation difficult. The food, as usual, was outstanding! I still can't believe the chicken is fried -- its so tender and moist but not the least bit greasy as most fried chicken.Special Features:
- Chef is excellentEatHealthLiveDined on 8/30/2014Soul Cafe presents good food and a palate pleasing way. The good news is that they make lots of their dishes gluten free for those of us who are low carb or wheat sensitive or Celiac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014First time and can't wait to go back! Staff was friendly and efficient, music enjoyable, and food excellent. Noise level was acceptable considering the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzgalDined on 8/27/2014I go to Soul Cafe often and it never disappoints. Their lemon ricotta pancake is to die for, and so is their all you can eat fried chicken special. I've taken several out of town visitors there and they have the same reaction. Plus the interior is delightful and so is the outdoor patio. Great mountain views, and even live music in the evening. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Consistently tasty!LovelunchoutDined on 8/21/2014I love this restaurant! It is a neighborhood gem, but more than that the food is always fresh and tasty. The staff is friendly and attentive. The owner/chef interacts with her clients in a friendly manner. We also love it for group lunches because it is quiet enough to hear one another and there are areas where large tables can be set up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrelaDined on 8/18/2014We love Soul Cafe. The menu is great and they are wonderful at making changes to dishes to work around allergies, too.Special Features:
- Breakfast is INCREDIBLE!best4breakfastDined on 8/17/2014All the traditional breakfast items you'd look for, just kicked up to a whole new level. We try to order a different item from the menu each time we visit, but the "specials" sometimes detour us! Our first choice when we have a special occasion to eat breakfast out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodjagxkDined on 8/9/2014Saturday night early pre concert dinner. Excellent service . Server not afraid to recommend and comment on dishes. We needed quick service to get to our concert on time and it happened . The food was great sone of the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGaileeVIPDined on 8/6/2014When we visit Soul Café, we feel like we are visiting a friend. The servers know us and greet us as old friends. The food is consistently wonderful. This restaurant is a terrific find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteRWPhxDined on 7/25/2014Party of five. Everyone ordered something different. Everyone loved what they ordered! The service was outstanding. Danielle was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed talking with the chef and will be back to try out the lunch and breakfast menus. We arrived in time for happy hour that offered an $8 discount on a bottle of wine. Also enjoyed the live music and pleasant vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful meal, comfortable servicNorthScottsdaleTomDined on 7/23/2014Sheila is a wonderful Host, and the menu selections make it difficult to pick just one entree each time; they are all so good, we just keep going back until we get through them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW food adventuremikeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Soul Cafe has produced an interesting and varied menu all of which tastes great. Our foursome enjoyed the clams and salads as appetizers and they were excellent. Main course highlights are the Mexiloaf (meatloaf) which was flavorful and well prepared; Lobster ravoli which is just outsatnding and the eggplant.Special Features:
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014My wife & I stumbled upon this place on Thursday. We were so impressed with the service & presentation that we brought our parents back on Sunday for brunch. Luv the lemon ricotta pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvstoeatoutDined on 7/9/2014The Soul Café has become one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. The food is delicious. The service is friendly and efficient. The quality and value is terrific. They offer wonderful specials weekly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken SpecialGaileeVIPDined on 7/9/2014If it's Wednesday you will find us at Soul for the chicken dinner. The chicken is always tender and delicious, the gravy wonderful and we really like the veggies! Unbelievable bargain at $9.99Special Features:
- TriciaDined on 7/9/2014I had been to Soul Cafe for the first time the week before and was taken with their buttermilk fried chicken! Went again to introduce it to two other women and they loved it as well. The young people that work there are wonderful - professional and fun!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Soul Cafe is a gem! Great for breakfast ,lunch or dinner! The lamb platter was outstanding, as were the scallops, meat loaf and Po Boys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of July specialGaileeVIPDined on 7/4/2014The 4th of July special of ribs, potato salad and beans was good but not great like most of the other entrees at Soul. We were a little disappointed in the ribs. The peach cobbler for desert was terrific, especially the pie crust on top.Special Features:
- Chicken SpecialGaileeVIPDined on 7/2/2014Enjoying the special chicken dinner every Wednesday is getting to be a regular event for us. The food is wonderful -- chicken moist and tender, gravy outstanding and the vegetables are delicious.Special Features:
- rascal12Dined on 7/2/2014This was our third visit and as usual everything was great. The food and service is very consistent. Have recommended to several people. I can't wait for Fall to come so we can sit on the patio.Special Features:
- TaitDined on 6/28/2014We both enjoyed the dinner we had. My friend had been there twice before for lunch and this was my first time there. There was a blues band performing and that was enjoyable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttermilk Fried ChickennjfranVIPDined on 6/18/2014Wonderful Wednesday night special for the fantastic Buttermilk Fried Chicken. A definite "go back" since we live close bySpecial Features:
- DisappointedeatalotDined on 6/18/2014Last time food was good but took 45 minutes to figure out bill. Last night's buttermilk chicken was soggy and my eggplant needed to go back twice because it was cold. The sound level at it's worst is unfiltered loud voices --last night (at just 6:30 pm), it was superseded by a very loud Duo (though lovely singing and type of music) , placed right next to our table, so all talking, as well as hearing your own thinking was quashed. I know this restaurant is supposed to be the "IN" place now. Sorry the 6 of us didn't find it that way. Please share note with owners so they may consider this encouragement for improvement
- Great DinnerGaileeVIPDined on 6/18/2014As always the food was wonderful. We had the Wednesday special of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies. It's awesome! Our server was friendly and attentive. A great evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Went for lunch based upon co-worker recommendation. Service was great and the food selection was very nice. I had teh cobb salad, which was delicous. I will be returing to Soul Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as usualk8smomVIPDined on 5/29/2014We are regulars at the restaurant, so we expect the food to be good. This time we didn't have our regular waiter, and the service we did have was sub-par. Thankfully, our regular guy took care of us - filling our water, taking our check - when our assigned waiter was too busy to help us.Special Features:
- Always Great Food!Luv2EatDined on 5/28/2014We love going to this restaurant, especially for the Wednesday chicken and Friday fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch spot!SupposedFoodieDined on 5/24/2014This is definitely my go-to spot when choosing a place for brunch. The pancakes are like fluffy pillows of heaven and the green chile pork is wonderful! Lunch is good and dinner is incredible as well. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb all the way!MarkInAzDined on 5/20/2014We came in after not having been there for about a year. The menu was overflowing with tempting choices. We finally made up our minds and definitely weren't disappointed. In fact, FAR from it. From presentation to the fork's finale, our meal was excellent, the service very attentive, the ambience relaxing. Can't wait to go back. A Must-Try is the Key Lime Cheese cake. You WILL be thrilled you did !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Soul Cafe reviews archive.
- Soul cafeDiningDivaDined on 5/14/2014A friend told us about a chicken special so we gave it a try. The waitress was very helpful and provided wonderful service. The fried chicken was delicious. The batter was light, not greasy and the chicken was boneless. We enjoyed the live music and the atmosphere too😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Comfort FoodSageGirl59Dined on 5/14/2014Good quality food at very reasonable prices. They have great daily specials, especially the all you can eat fried chicken dinner on Wednesday and the fish fry on Friday. My only complaint is for some reason every time we go there, they refuse to sit us in the back section and we can't seem to get a reasonable explanation for why this is so. This is the reason for the Good vs. Outstanding rating on Service, not because of the wait staff themselves. They are actually quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointedStevieDined on 5/6/2014We have had such good experiences in the past at Soul Cafe that we were quite unprepared for our overall disappointment. While our waitress was cheerful and attentive, she was repeatedly having to make amends for her slip-ups and failures in taking care of us. The food was a surprising disappointment for each of us in our group! It's been maybe six months since we last dined at Soul Cafe so I don't know if this was one of those out of the blue, off days for the chef or if there has been a major change in the kitchen but this was not the superb, scrumptious food we've usually experienced here. Because it was so out of the ordinary my husband and I will give Soul Cafe a try one more time, without guests though!
- HMdinerDined on 5/6/2014Food is Fantastic!! So Lucky this is so close to home!!! I have been there for Breakfast, lunch and dinner! Never been disappointed! You have to try one of the homemade pies!!! If you go on Wed night make sure you make a reservation!! The place is packed for the Fried Chicken Special!!!Special Features:
- Always a Great TimeLuv2EatDined on 5/2/2014We went on a Friday Night and we had the Friday Fish Special. Very Good! The band was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.