7615 E Pinnacle Peak Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soulcafeaz.com/
- Phone: 4805156254
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm
Monday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Tuesday- Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sheila Bryson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Saturday evening.
A word from Soul Cafe
Modern American Southwest menu using regional ingredients. We offer everything from seafood to filets to pastas and pizzas. we try to cater to special diets and we do have a Gluten Free menu. The Chef changes the dinner menu every night. Soul has live music and dancing on certain nights of the week. We offer daily breakfast and lunch specials. Our menu is made up of house made items that the chef makes to order. We do breakfast until 2pm on Sundays. We are known for our Green pork Chili and every weekend we have a special pancake of the day such as our Preserved Lemon Ricotta Pancake. YUM YUM!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Soul Cafe - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Soul Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently tasty!LovelunchoutDined on 8/21/2014I love this restaurant! It is a neighborhood gem, but more than that the food is always fresh and tasty. The staff is friendly and attentive. The owner/chef interacts with her clients in a friendly manner. We also love it for group lunches because it is quiet enough to hear one another and there are areas where large tables can be set up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrelaDined on 8/18/2014We love Soul Cafe. The menu is great and they are wonderful at making changes to dishes to work around allergies, too.Special Features:
- Breakfast is INCREDIBLE!best4breakfastDined on 8/17/2014All the traditional breakfast items you'd look for, just kicked up to a whole new level. We try to order a different item from the menu each time we visit, but the "specials" sometimes detour us! Our first choice when we have a special occasion to eat breakfast out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodjagxkDined on 8/9/2014Saturday night early pre concert dinner. Excellent service . Server not afraid to recommend and comment on dishes. We needed quick service to get to our concert on time and it happened . The food was great sone of the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGaileeVIPDined on 8/6/2014When we visit Soul Café, we feel like we are visiting a friend. The servers know us and greet us as old friends. The food is consistently wonderful. This restaurant is a terrific find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteRWPhxDined on 7/25/2014Party of five. Everyone ordered something different. Everyone loved what they ordered! The service was outstanding. Danielle was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed talking with the chef and will be back to try out the lunch and breakfast menus. We arrived in time for happy hour that offered an $8 discount on a bottle of wine. Also enjoyed the live music and pleasant vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful meal, comfortable servicNorthScottsdaleTomDined on 7/23/2014Sheila is a wonderful Host, and the menu selections make it difficult to pick just one entree each time; they are all so good, we just keep going back until we get through them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW food adventuremikeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Soul Cafe has produced an interesting and varied menu all of which tastes great. Our foursome enjoyed the clams and salads as appetizers and they were excellent. Main course highlights are the Mexiloaf (meatloaf) which was flavorful and well prepared; Lobster ravoli which is just outsatnding and the eggplant.Special Features:
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014My wife & I stumbled upon this place on Thursday. We were so impressed with the service & presentation that we brought our parents back on Sunday for brunch. Luv the lemon ricotta pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvstoeatoutDined on 7/9/2014The Soul Café has become one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. The food is delicious. The service is friendly and efficient. The quality and value is terrific. They offer wonderful specials weekly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken SpecialGaileeVIPDined on 7/9/2014If it's Wednesday you will find us at Soul for the chicken dinner. The chicken is always tender and delicious, the gravy wonderful and we really like the veggies! Unbelievable bargain at $9.99Special Features:
- TriciaDined on 7/9/2014I had been to Soul Cafe for the first time the week before and was taken with their buttermilk fried chicken! Went again to introduce it to two other women and they loved it as well. The young people that work there are wonderful - professional and fun!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Soul Cafe is a gem! Great for breakfast ,lunch or dinner! The lamb platter was outstanding, as were the scallops, meat loaf and Po Boys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of July specialGaileeVIPDined on 7/4/2014The 4th of July special of ribs, potato salad and beans was good but not great like most of the other entrees at Soul. We were a little disappointed in the ribs. The peach cobbler for desert was terrific, especially the pie crust on top.Special Features:
- Chicken SpecialGaileeVIPDined on 7/2/2014Enjoying the special chicken dinner every Wednesday is getting to be a regular event for us. The food is wonderful -- chicken moist and tender, gravy outstanding and the vegetables are delicious.Special Features:
- rascal12Dined on 7/2/2014This was our third visit and as usual everything was great. The food and service is very consistent. Have recommended to several people. I can't wait for Fall to come so we can sit on the patio.Special Features:
- TaitDined on 6/28/2014We both enjoyed the dinner we had. My friend had been there twice before for lunch and this was my first time there. There was a blues band performing and that was enjoyable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttermilk Fried ChickennjfranVIPDined on 6/18/2014Wonderful Wednesday night special for the fantastic Buttermilk Fried Chicken. A definite "go back" since we live close bySpecial Features:
- DisappointedeatalotDined on 6/18/2014Last time food was good but took 45 minutes to figure out bill. Last night's buttermilk chicken was soggy and my eggplant needed to go back twice because it was cold. The sound level at it's worst is unfiltered loud voices --last night (at just 6:30 pm), it was superseded by a very loud Duo (though lovely singing and type of music) , placed right next to our table, so all talking, as well as hearing your own thinking was quashed. I know this restaurant is supposed to be the "IN" place now. Sorry the 6 of us didn't find it that way. Please share note with owners so they may consider this encouragement for improvement
- Great DinnerGaileeVIPDined on 6/18/2014As always the food was wonderful. We had the Wednesday special of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies. It's awesome! Our server was friendly and attentive. A great evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Went for lunch based upon co-worker recommendation. Service was great and the food selection was very nice. I had teh cobb salad, which was delicous. I will be returing to Soul Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as usualk8smomVIPDined on 5/29/2014We are regulars at the restaurant, so we expect the food to be good. This time we didn't have our regular waiter, and the service we did have was sub-par. Thankfully, our regular guy took care of us - filling our water, taking our check - when our assigned waiter was too busy to help us.Special Features:
- Always Great Food!Luv2EatDined on 5/28/2014We love going to this restaurant, especially for the Wednesday chicken and Friday fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch spot!SupposedFoodieDined on 5/24/2014This is definitely my go-to spot when choosing a place for brunch. The pancakes are like fluffy pillows of heaven and the green chile pork is wonderful! Lunch is good and dinner is incredible as well. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb all the way!MarkInAzDined on 5/20/2014We came in after not having been there for about a year. The menu was overflowing with tempting choices. We finally made up our minds and definitely weren't disappointed. In fact, FAR from it. From presentation to the fork's finale, our meal was excellent, the service very attentive, the ambience relaxing. Can't wait to go back. A Must-Try is the Key Lime Cheese cake. You WILL be thrilled you did !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soul cafeDiningDivaDined on 5/14/2014A friend told us about a chicken special so we gave it a try. The waitress was very helpful and provided wonderful service. The fried chicken was delicious. The batter was light, not greasy and the chicken was boneless. We enjoyed the live music and the atmosphere too😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Comfort FoodSageGirl59Dined on 5/14/2014Good quality food at very reasonable prices. They have great daily specials, especially the all you can eat fried chicken dinner on Wednesday and the fish fry on Friday. My only complaint is for some reason every time we go there, they refuse to sit us in the back section and we can't seem to get a reasonable explanation for why this is so. This is the reason for the Good vs. Outstanding rating on Service, not because of the wait staff themselves. They are actually quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointedStevieDined on 5/6/2014We have had such good experiences in the past at Soul Cafe that we were quite unprepared for our overall disappointment. While our waitress was cheerful and attentive, she was repeatedly having to make amends for her slip-ups and failures in taking care of us. The food was a surprising disappointment for each of us in our group! It's been maybe six months since we last dined at Soul Cafe so I don't know if this was one of those out of the blue, off days for the chef or if there has been a major change in the kitchen but this was not the superb, scrumptious food we've usually experienced here. Because it was so out of the ordinary my husband and I will give Soul Cafe a try one more time, without guests though!
- HMdinerDined on 5/6/2014Food is Fantastic!! So Lucky this is so close to home!!! I have been there for Breakfast, lunch and dinner! Never been disappointed! You have to try one of the homemade pies!!! If you go on Wed night make sure you make a reservation!! The place is packed for the Fried Chicken Special!!!Special Features:
- Always a Great TimeLuv2EatDined on 5/2/2014We went on a Friday Night and we had the Friday Fish Special. Very Good! The band was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinnerGDdinnerDined on 5/2/2014Reservations were confirmed and my wife and I were seated immediately. Our server showed up very quickly and took our drink orders. We had the Sal's bowl of balls as an appetizer and they were great. My wife had the tenderloin medallions and I had the smothered rigatoni and they were both perfect. The green chili on the smothered rigatoni was pretty spicy and that's how we like it. The tenderloin could be cut with your fork. We have now been to the Soul cafe for breakfast and dinner and were very happy with both. We'll try lunch next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST DINNER AT SOUL CAFEWILLGOBACKDined on 5/2/2014SAW REVIEW ON CHECK PLEASE. TOOK OUT OF TOWN GUEST FOR EARLY DINNER. IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO BRUNCH AND LUNCH THERE. GREETED BY JOHN WITH ENTHUSIASM AND FRIENDLINESS. MENU IS GREAT. FOOD IS SUPERB. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. PRICING IS GOOD, TOO. OVERALL, A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not all u can eat !!Ben7azVIPDined on 4/30/2014Fried chicken great. But waited almost. 45 min for food and then when asked for second pieces ... All u can eat nite... Took 20 and said forget about it !!! Waitress said fresh batch goes to new orders first. Very off nite.. Never happened before .. But brought friends and we all got very annoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGaileeVIPDined on 4/30/2014Wednesday nights at the Soul Cafe are always busy and for a good reason. The special chicken dinner is not only a great price but more important it's great food! The chicken is tender, the vegetables cooked just right and the gravy is wonderful. If you haven't stuffed yourself with the meal be sure to order the key lime pie --- probably the best we've ever had! Even though it was busy the service was attentive and helpful. Soul Cafe always provides a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 83 reviews are from the Soul Cafe reviews archive.
- Lunch time favoriteLovelunchoutDined on 4/29/2014This cafe has a great menu. We love meeting here for lunch as it is quiet enough to hear each other talk and the service is so accommodating. The owner is also very involved in creating dishes. The result is evident!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time's...not a charmFamO4Dined on 4/27/2014This was actually our 4th visit to Soul, but our third time as a whole family. It is also our last visit for a while. Food is creative and fun, but over our 4 visits the quality has diminished, and the service has always remained ambivalent. Slow service, slow food: there is always an attitude that our presence doesn't matter. I can find someplace else to go.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantmtldlrDined on 4/26/2014Food was amazing, service impeccable and even enjoyed the music, which really surprised me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average At BestFoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014They didn't confirm our reservation but did seat us quickly. However, the staff was more interested in conversations between themselves than waiting on us. Once someone finally did wait on us they seemed put out that they were told to serve our table. The food took forever and it was good but not outstanding. Management and training are sorely needed.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicerellenoDined on 4/25/2014This was our second time to Soul Café for dinner. We brought some friends that had heard it was a great place. Soul Cafe's service is impeccable. They want to please. The food was amazing this time! The Poached Cod was great and my husband loved the Friday Fish Fry Special. The menu is very unique and changes regularly. The first time we experienced dinner, we ordered the Steak Relleno. A disappointment because is was thin tough steak wrapped around asparagus. Where was the relleno? In Arizona, when you say relleno and don't serve one - boy watch out! :) When we told the server that the meat was tough, he gave us another choice of a meal that pleased the taste buds. That is why we went back. It is our neighborhood favorite now!Special Features:
- nice, average local restaurantitaliascottsdaleVIPDined on 4/24/2014The menu is limited, ok food, nothing special. But ok to go there for aquick bite. Nice live music on ThursdaysI would recommend this to a friend.