Souk at Trinity Groves
3015 Gulden Lane
Dallas, TX 75212Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Souk at Trinity Groves
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soukdallas.com/
- Phone: (469) 458-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Najat Kanaache
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Entertainment: Belly dancing and live music!
A word from Souk at Trinity Groves
Souk is a Moroccan Bistro that offers Dallas a romantic dining experience along with an exotic atmosphere. Moroccan cuisine is extremely refined, thanks to Morocco's interactions and exchanges with other cultures and nations over the centuries. Moroccan cuisine has been subject to Berber, Moorish, and Arab influences. The cooks in the royal kitchens of Fes, Meknes, Marrakesh, Rabat and Tetouan refined it over the centuries and created the basis for what is known as Moroccan cuisine today. Souk is adding culture to the Dallas metroplex with its unique cuisine, music, and bazaar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Souk at Trinity Groves - Best Restaurants in Trinity Groves ›
Souk at Trinity Groves reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (41)hot spot (31)romantic (23)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (21)scenic view (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014This was my third visit. The service is always wonderful. I always enjoy the soup and Souk platter. Usually I get the chicken tangine. This visit I had the lamb. Both are excellent. Don't forget a monut for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moroccan AdventureHalestormDined on 11/8/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice date night eatery that was eclectic and unique. Souk was the perfect solution! With a menu full of authentic dishes and appetizers, we enjoyed exploring the culture through food and expanding our palettes. Definitely good for people who like ethnic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at SoukOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014This was not our first time at Souk. The food is good if you like Mediterranean. Souk has a decent variety. We were seated outside on a night when the temperature was chilly after the sun went down. We arrived early with a reservation for 6 people and were told no inside seating available. They did bring out heaters eventually and we were much more comfortable. The service was very good. The food was good, not exceptional. I would return, just have to be in the mood for that cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a slow dineJSmithDined on 10/26/2014Great food with a nice, small menu. Don't expect a quick meal - but you shouldn't at such a place. These are flavors that need time to nurture. However, my guests requested bread due to the wait for our meals (we were the only table seated inside the restaurant).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Great flavors and menu and wonderful Moroccan atmosphere. Trinity Grove offers a really nice outdoor dinning experience but the inside of this restaurant sets the stage for the full dinning experiences from a far away place. Only kink is the service is slow especially the first initial drink and appetizer. The prices are very good for all you get. "Nice fun place for a group dinner"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioKKdineoutDined on 10/19/2014The food was wonderful. We had the Souk Appetizer which is a sample of 5 spreads and Mezze. It was served with delicious bread. My mother had the Lamb- It was so good and my husband had the Duck Pastilla. I had the meatballs. They were good, but I much preferred the lamb and duck dishes. The service was great. I would have given the ambiance a 4 except we were sitting at a table next to Luck and they played their music so loud that it was annoying to us.- Not Souk's fault. Just don't sit near LucksSpecial Features:
- LadyBruhnkeDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was fantastic. Flavorful, unique food; helpful and perfectly punctual wait staff; exotic and entrancing ambiance... Will definitely make a repeat visit and truly hope this concept takes off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner and hookah!ddiazVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed a dinner with a couple of friends. As always, trinity groves has a vibrant scene. We love when restaurants are on Open Table because we don't live in the area. Both the beef cigars and hummus were exceptional. My friend ordered the lamb tangible, which was the best dishow at the table. I can't even remember what everyone else had. I also ordered the fig martini... Only order if you REALLY like fig.. Which I do. Our friends enjoyed the hookah. Overall, we will be back with a larger group.Special Features:
- The worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was good but OMG with the service!!! We wait more than 40 minutes for the food. They didn't have what we asked at the beginning and we need to order something different. The waiter messed up with our check twice!!! And after all this inconveniences, not even a discount or free desert was offered. Terrible service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable night!jbekkaDined on 9/26/2014We had wonderful cocktails, great appetizers - eggplant, cheese that was spicy, hummus, tomatoes, marinated olives - served with Pita and a very thin bread. I had the whole fish that was incredible! We had a lamb tagine, a beef kabob and vegetarian cous cous. Then we took our drinks and went outside for a hookah!! It was my first time and it was so much fun. Great experience for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavFindFabfindDined on 9/25/2014Souk was a FABULOUS find! The ambiance inside can be nice a cozy for two, yet a place to hang with the girls. The outside is spacious and relaxing. The Thursday night entertainment is AWESOME! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere is great, food is goodMelbourneVIPDined on 9/20/2014The feel of this place is gorgeous. You would really impress a date here! It can get pricey. Our check for 2 came out to 136.00. We did each get two drinks and shared a souk platter in addition to our food. If you are prepared to spend over a hundred dollars, this place is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and neat atmospherejanitaDined on 9/20/2014Been at lunch and dinner and both times the food has been great!Special Features:
- Fantabulous!YummyDined on 9/19/2014When we first walked up my first thought was "this is fun"! Then looked at the menu. In my circle we look for places that when you take that first bite, the taste just explodes in your mouth. One word- kaboom!!! From appetizer to dinner drinks to main course, FANTABUZlOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableRSM2008Dined on 9/13/2014We were a group of 6 who had a great time. Food and service were both fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Must VisitQuadJVIPDined on 9/12/2014We sat at the bar awaiting our friends and had very tasty cocktails made by Holly who appeared to be very early twenties but had the charm and interaction of an old school bar keep (u go girl) we were intrigued from the start. Then came the warm greetings from Yasser the owner and Lance the Maitre d to unique atmosphere (if you like the decor you can buy it - everything is for sale according to Holly) we thought if only the food is as good...And IT WAS!! We chose to have Robert our server choose everything we ate. I mean we handed him back the menus and told him to fix us up...we went back to enjoying the delicious cocktails Holly created and awaited our food and our hookah. He sure did us right. We tasted most everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Souk is wonderfullivetoeat154Dined on 9/12/2014I had heard that Souk was amazing. I planned to take my food group on our next outing, but I thought I should check it out beforehand. My Friday visit was the first cool weekend of 2014 and we dined outside. We were very comfortable. We started with a cucumber cocktail and a fig martini. Both were outstanding. We had the goat cheese fingers for an appetizer. The tartness of the goat cheese was balanced with a dab of sweetness. I had Harissa chicken as an entrée. The chicken was hot and spicy and the couscous was sweet and cold. My dining companion had the lamb tagine. It was stew-like, perfect for the weather. We indulged in chai latte hookah. We finished with coffee and Apricot donuts. Satisfied, I made reservations for 10 before I left!Special Features:
- good food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, ambiance was fun but the service was the worst. Reservations were at 7:15. We were sat at our table at 8:00 and were not even greeted at our table for another 40 minutes. We didn't finish dinner until 10:40. We would have liked to be finished at 9pm but the service was unbearably slow. I was excited for the chick pea soup, but by the time they got to us, they had just run out. Our server was very nice, I just think he was spread to thin.Special Features:
- good food. awesome serviceworldbound4nowDined on 9/6/2014We really our lamb tagine and sampler appetizer. The baklava needs some tweaking, but overall is highly recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksTrixrichDined on 9/2/2014Great experience. The wait staff was wonderful, maybe a little overly attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Souk experienceDrinkandDineDined on 8/29/2014They have great unique cocktails and watching the belly dancer was a neat experience. Their chicken kabob is excellent. My only complaint is it took about 15-20 minutes before we had a server which was way to long not to be served water or get our drink order. We sat outside so I think there was a miscommunication on who our server was so we got overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in attractive settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food was good and, based on my travel experiences, authentic. Glad to see wines from the region on the list which the waiter knew about. I thought the dishes were a bit pricey overall, especially for the portions.Special Features:
- KelvanDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good. Not great but very good. Had the sea bass, chicken and beef cigars. Great ambience for night time dining date night or with friends. Patio is nice in good weather. Overall a solid experience.Special Features:
- Better than expectedbibendumnuncDined on 8/23/2014On my first visit to Souk months ago, the food all tasted alike and was overly sweet. The new chef has fixed that, and all our group liked everything we ordered. Prices are in line with quantity and quality. Service was friendly and attentive. The Lebanese red wine pairs well with all the meat offerings. I'd like to see some specials added to the menu. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Incredible Food and ServiceEnjoyingLifeDined on 8/23/2014The staff took excellent care of us and the management took the time to ask if we were please. The answer was ABSOLUTLEY!!! Ps. You have to try the Goat Cheese Cigars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantWardogDined on 8/16/2014This was my first trip to Trinity Groves which I loved. The set-up is interesting, it's full of people, and with a reservations you can easily dine without a hassle. I would rate dinner at Souk as pleasant or average, however. Both appetizers and dinner choices were limiting. We started with a sample platter which we loved, but the main course that followed was uneventful for us all. The service was also slow. I would definitely recommend Souk for someone in the neighborhood that wants a nice dinner for two on a weekday or a great lunching spot, but might suggest another option for a group of four or someone making a trek to Oak Cliff looking for a great weekend dinner out.Special Features:
- munchonDined on 8/16/2014The ambience was awesome, I thought at any minute we would have belly dancers on the floor. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I recently went with three friends for dinner on a Thursday. The food was very good like always, but the service was some of the slowest I have ever experienced at any restaurant. The amount of time it took to get almost anything was longer than expected, but at first was not a problem. As the evening wore on the service got slower and slower and we hardly ever saw our waiter, even though the restaurant was not busy. After we finished our meal it took a long time to get our check, then once we gave our credit cards it took 30 minutes before he returned, and he hadn't even charged them correctly. We missed our next stop of the evening because the service was so incredibly slow.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I loved the Moroccan theme and feel. The restaurant decor was great and so was the customer service. Very nice employees, and I would totally recommend this for a night-outing!! beautiful view and sitting area.Special Features:
- For moroccan food, best in DallasjwsfoodcriticDined on 8/8/2014excellent food, service, reasonable priced wines and some entertainment. Desserts amazing. What else can you ask for? Trinity Grove rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and VibecssboneDined on 8/7/2014Souk was a very enjoyable experience. The ambiance was very nice. Lighting was on the dark side, but light enough to see what you were eating. The open kitchen lent an informal, neighborhood feel. The waitress was knowledgeable enough but didn't inspire a great deal of confidence. She may have been new. She recommended the appetizer combination plate, which was lot of food. If would have helped if she had given us a better idea of how much food it was, as entrees weren't really necessary. That said, the food was delicious. Lots of new flavors, including my favorites: the cinammon tomato condiment and red pepper yogurt. The entrees were very generous and delicious and made for wonderful left-overs the next day. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This was my first time at Souk and I will definitely be back! I was excited by the menu and the experience only got better from there. I have a few food allergies and as soon as I walked in, the maitre d sat with me, reviewed my allergies, and brought out the chef to figure out what I could eat. There was no hint of this being an inconvenience and their attention to detail and care alone is what would bring me back. The food was outstanding - fresh and flavorful. This is a great addition to Trinity Groves and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Mav84Dined on 8/3/2014Great patio setup, attentive service, new chef so menu is under a bit of reconstruction but they were very accommodating and would fix anything from the old menu that is on their website. The fig & arugula flatbread and the preserved lemon chicken were both excellent. $3 pomegranate and apricot mimosas on Sunday's menu a definite keeper.Special Features:
- SlowWynnewoodNorthDined on 8/2/2014Food was good was it took forever for food to arrive
- Very Good Moroccan Food in Fun AreaNewEnglanderVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I decided to try out Souk because we like Moroccan food and it was relatively new. We also wanted to check out the Trinity Groves area. We were very glad we did. We had an excellent time. The food was delicious, the drinks were great we we enjoyed the evening immensely. Try the drink called Spice Trade. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and OverpricedGrandfatherYesterdayDined on 8/1/2014The offerings were very hit or miss. A few were good, the majority were bland and lackluster. The vegetables in the Berber Tagine were cold, leaving us to wonder if they had ever even seen the inside of a tagine! The Sea Bass Tagine, however, was very good. Fish perfectly cooked and beautifully baked veggies around it. But at $27 it was about $10 too much for the tiny bit of fish and vegetables that were served. The star of the show was the Fig Flatbread which was basically flatbread, quartered figs, goat cheese, arugula, and a drizzle of olive oil, so kinda hard to mess up fresh produce. The best thing about the dining experience was the waiter: friendly, attentive, great conversationalist. Too bad the food wasn't as consistent.Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Souk at Trinity Groves reviews archive.
- New favorite!alexisknDined on 7/27/2014We are so glad we found Souk! Soooo yummy, and not too hard to be healthy! Great service, good drinks... Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeenieDined on 7/26/2014restaurant was very unique. service was excellent, our server recommended the sampler platter and it was very good. we were a party of 6 food came out very quick in fact too quick, kind of felt rushed with our meal we sat down at 730 and was finished by 830 overall we had a nice evening. bellydancer was fun as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BradDDined on 7/25/2014Great experience overall. My Berber Vegtable Tagine was very good but seemed to be about 70 yellow squash. I would have liked more of a mix. Lamb tagine and lemon-chicken were each very good, as was the chicken kabob. Hummas was excellent. Fun and energetic place. Music was a little loud. Service was excellent. My only recommendation is that each dish would be good for sharing as portions were huge! We over-ordered and took a lot of food home...not necessarily a bad thing.
- Poor service!Kbe224Dined on 7/19/2014Service was almost non-existent. When we did receive service it was the waiter telling is that the bottle of wine we selected was out of stock and trying to sell us on the most expensive bottle. We waited 25 minutes for dessert and then canceled the order and got the check. A real disappointment - we will not be going back.