Souk at Trinity Groves
3015 Gulden Lane
Dallas, TX 75212Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Souk at Trinity Groves
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soukdallas.com/
- Phone: 4694582233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Najat Kanaache
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Entertainment: Belly dancing and live music!
A word from Souk at Trinity Groves
Souk is a Moroccan Bistro that offers Dallas a romantic dining experience along with an exotic atmosphere. Moroccan cuisine is extremely refined, thanks to Morocco's interactions and exchanges with other cultures and nations over the centuries. Moroccan cuisine has been subject to Berber, Moorish, and Arab influences. The cooks in the royal kitchens of Fes, Meknes, Marrakesh, Rabat and Tetouan refined it over the centuries and created the basis for what is known as Moroccan cuisine today. Souk is adding culture to the Dallas metroplex with its unique cuisine, music, and bazaar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Souk at Trinity Groves - Best Restaurants in Trinity Groves ›
Souk at Trinity Groves reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (81)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (44)hot spot (41)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (34)late-night find (19)great for lunch (16)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Very enjoyableRSM2008Dined on 9/13/2014We were a group of 6 who had a great time. Food and service were both fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Must VisitQuadJVIPDined on 9/12/2014We sat at the bar awaiting our friends and had very tasty cocktails made by Holly who appeared to be very early twenties but had the charm and interaction of an old school bar keep (u go girl) we were intrigued from the start. Then came the warm greetings from Yasser the owner and Lance the Maitre d to unique atmosphere (if you like the decor you can buy it - everything is for sale according to Holly) we thought if only the food is as good...And IT WAS!! We chose to have Robert our server choose everything we ate. I mean we handed him back the menus and told him to fix us up...we went back to enjoying the delicious cocktails Holly created and awaited our food and our hookah. He sure did us right. We tasted most everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Souk is wonderfullivetoeat154Dined on 9/12/2014I had heard that Souk was amazing. I planned to take my food group on our next outing, but I thought I should check it out beforehand. My Friday visit was the first cool weekend of 2014 and we dined outside. We were very comfortable. We started with a cucumber cocktail and a fig martini. Both were outstanding. We had the goat cheese fingers for an appetizer. The tartness of the goat cheese was balanced with a dab of sweetness. I had Harissa chicken as an entrée. The chicken was hot and spicy and the couscous was sweet and cold. My dining companion had the lamb tagine. It was stew-like, perfect for the weather. We indulged in chai latte hookah. We finished with coffee and Apricot donuts. Satisfied, I made reservations for 10 before I left!Special Features:
- good food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, ambiance was fun but the service was the worst. Reservations were at 7:15. We were sat at our table at 8:00 and were not even greeted at our table for another 40 minutes. We didn't finish dinner until 10:40. We would have liked to be finished at 9pm but the service was unbearably slow. I was excited for the chick pea soup, but by the time they got to us, they had just run out. Our server was very nice, I just think he was spread to thin.Special Features:
- good food. awesome serviceworldbound4nowDined on 9/6/2014We really our lamb tagine and sampler appetizer. The baklava needs some tweaking, but overall is highly recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksTrixrichDined on 9/2/2014Great experience. The wait staff was wonderful, maybe a little overly attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Souk experienceDrinkandDineDined on 8/29/2014They have great unique cocktails and watching the belly dancer was a neat experience. Their chicken kabob is excellent. My only complaint is it took about 15-20 minutes before we had a server which was way to long not to be served water or get our drink order. We sat outside so I think there was a miscommunication on who our server was so we got overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in attractive settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food was good and, based on my travel experiences, authentic. Glad to see wines from the region on the list which the waiter knew about. I thought the dishes were a bit pricey overall, especially for the portions.Special Features:
- KelvanDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good. Not great but very good. Had the sea bass, chicken and beef cigars. Great ambience for night time dining date night or with friends. Patio is nice in good weather. Overall a solid experience.Special Features:
- Better than expectedbibendumnuncDined on 8/23/2014On my first visit to Souk months ago, the food all tasted alike and was overly sweet. The new chef has fixed that, and all our group liked everything we ordered. Prices are in line with quantity and quality. Service was friendly and attentive. The Lebanese red wine pairs well with all the meat offerings. I'd like to see some specials added to the menu. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Incredible Food and ServiceEnjoyingLifeDined on 8/23/2014The staff took excellent care of us and the management took the time to ask if we were please. The answer was ABSOLUTLEY!!! Ps. You have to try the Goat Cheese Cigars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantWardogDined on 8/16/2014This was my first trip to Trinity Groves which I loved. The set-up is interesting, it's full of people, and with a reservations you can easily dine without a hassle. I would rate dinner at Souk as pleasant or average, however. Both appetizers and dinner choices were limiting. We started with a sample platter which we loved, but the main course that followed was uneventful for us all. The service was also slow. I would definitely recommend Souk for someone in the neighborhood that wants a nice dinner for two on a weekday or a great lunching spot, but might suggest another option for a group of four or someone making a trek to Oak Cliff looking for a great weekend dinner out.Special Features:
- munchonDined on 8/16/2014The ambience was awesome, I thought at any minute we would have belly dancers on the floor. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I recently went with three friends for dinner on a Thursday. The food was very good like always, but the service was some of the slowest I have ever experienced at any restaurant. The amount of time it took to get almost anything was longer than expected, but at first was not a problem. As the evening wore on the service got slower and slower and we hardly ever saw our waiter, even though the restaurant was not busy. After we finished our meal it took a long time to get our check, then once we gave our credit cards it took 30 minutes before he returned, and he hadn't even charged them correctly. We missed our next stop of the evening because the service was so incredibly slow.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I loved the Moroccan theme and feel. The restaurant decor was great and so was the customer service. Very nice employees, and I would totally recommend this for a night-outing!! beautiful view and sitting area.Special Features:
- For moroccan food, best in DallasjwsfoodcriticDined on 8/8/2014excellent food, service, reasonable priced wines and some entertainment. Desserts amazing. What else can you ask for? Trinity Grove rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and VibecssboneDined on 8/7/2014Souk was a very enjoyable experience. The ambiance was very nice. Lighting was on the dark side, but light enough to see what you were eating. The open kitchen lent an informal, neighborhood feel. The waitress was knowledgeable enough but didn't inspire a great deal of confidence. She may have been new. She recommended the appetizer combination plate, which was lot of food. If would have helped if she had given us a better idea of how much food it was, as entrees weren't really necessary. That said, the food was delicious. Lots of new flavors, including my favorites: the cinammon tomato condiment and red pepper yogurt. The entrees were very generous and delicious and made for wonderful left-overs the next day. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This was my first time at Souk and I will definitely be back! I was excited by the menu and the experience only got better from there. I have a few food allergies and as soon as I walked in, the maitre d sat with me, reviewed my allergies, and brought out the chef to figure out what I could eat. There was no hint of this being an inconvenience and their attention to detail and care alone is what would bring me back. The food was outstanding - fresh and flavorful. This is a great addition to Trinity Groves and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Mav84Dined on 8/3/2014Great patio setup, attentive service, new chef so menu is under a bit of reconstruction but they were very accommodating and would fix anything from the old menu that is on their website. The fig & arugula flatbread and the preserved lemon chicken were both excellent. $3 pomegranate and apricot mimosas on Sunday's menu a definite keeper.Special Features:
- SlowWynnewoodNorthDined on 8/2/2014Food was good was it took forever for food to arrive
- Very Good Moroccan Food in Fun AreaNewEnglanderDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I decided to try out Souk because we like Moroccan food and it was relatively new. We also wanted to check out the Trinity Groves area. We were very glad we did. We had an excellent time. The food was delicious, the drinks were great we we enjoyed the evening immensely. Try the drink called Spice Trade. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and OverpricedGrandfatherYesterdayDined on 8/1/2014The offerings were very hit or miss. A few were good, the majority were bland and lackluster. The vegetables in the Berber Tagine were cold, leaving us to wonder if they had ever even seen the inside of a tagine! The Sea Bass Tagine, however, was very good. Fish perfectly cooked and beautifully baked veggies around it. But at $27 it was about $10 too much for the tiny bit of fish and vegetables that were served. The star of the show was the Fig Flatbread which was basically flatbread, quartered figs, goat cheese, arugula, and a drizzle of olive oil, so kinda hard to mess up fresh produce. The best thing about the dining experience was the waiter: friendly, attentive, great conversationalist. Too bad the food wasn't as consistent.Special Features:
- New favorite!alexisknDined on 7/27/2014We are so glad we found Souk! Soooo yummy, and not too hard to be healthy! Great service, good drinks... Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeenieDined on 7/26/2014restaurant was very unique. service was excellent, our server recommended the sampler platter and it was very good. we were a party of 6 food came out very quick in fact too quick, kind of felt rushed with our meal we sat down at 730 and was finished by 830 overall we had a nice evening. bellydancer was fun as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BradDDined on 7/25/2014Great experience overall. My Berber Vegtable Tagine was very good but seemed to be about 70 yellow squash. I would have liked more of a mix. Lamb tagine and lemon-chicken were each very good, as was the chicken kabob. Hummas was excellent. Fun and energetic place. Music was a little loud. Service was excellent. My only recommendation is that each dish would be good for sharing as portions were huge! We over-ordered and took a lot of food home...not necessarily a bad thing.
- Poor service!Kbe224Dined on 7/19/2014Service was almost non-existent. When we did receive service it was the waiter telling is that the bottle of wine we selected was out of stock and trying to sell us on the most expensive bottle. We waited 25 minutes for dessert and then canceled the order and got the check. A real disappointment - we will not be going back.
- Good food, not so good wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The wine list was lacking. The sangria had too much cherry juice and was not good. However, the food was really good and I'll come back for that. The service was really good. I had the tangine chicken and will get that again. Others at the table had the chicken and beef kabobs and were pleased with their choice.Special Features:
- AvoidDisappointedDined on 7/12/2014The food was average to good. The service was atrocious. Dinner took over an hour and the waiter's overall service was spotty, bordering on bad. Best thing about this place was the belly dancer, for about 10 minutes. I do not recommend and will not return.
- Mixed reviewnewport58Dined on 7/12/2014Tried for the first time for an early Sat. dinner. My friend and I shared the Fez Beet Salad thinking it must be large since it's $13. It was good and the portion proved fine for 2 (my friend isn't a huge beet fan), but overpriced for what you receive. I had the Chicken Tangine, which was flavorful but the portion was almost half a chicken, which was difficult to cut off the bone since it's served in a bowl. I'd try something else if I go again. My friend had the Chicken Kebab and seemed to enjoy it. I would suggest the waiter remove the meat from the skewers when the plate is first brought to the table (done at other restaurants) as my friend burned her fingers after instinctively trying to move the metal skewers. Try at your own risk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Souk PlatterSnydroDined on 7/11/2014For first time guests you'll want to make certain you try the Souk platter. It contains a variety of Souk's Mezze & Spreads and its wonderful paired with a Strawberry Kiss or Cucumber Delight cocktail. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. My personal favorite on the platter is the Moroccan sweet tomato spread, it's delightful and perfect for summer nights.Special Features:
- Wow!!jbekkaDined on 7/11/2014This place is wonderful! Service is fantastic and the food beyond wonderful. The cocktails are incredible and we all had a different one so we could taste each others drinks. We started off with the appetizer that had a little of everything they offered and we were not disappointed, fantastic. My husband had the lamb, I had the flat bread with merguez and harrisa that was wonderful. My daughter in law had a seafood pastry that was too good to be true and my son had the merquez entree that was great. We watched the belly dancer while enjoying our meal! Then we had the sampler dessert plate and it was to die for. They also have a hooka section outside. It was a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic ExperienceFoodie365Dined on 7/11/2014Once I stepped into the restaurant, I felt on vacation... great atmosphere and experience that takes you someplace else. I recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:
- Something out of the OrdinaryArgonautDined on 7/6/2014Last year, we went to Morocco for vacation and had some great food. To relive the memories, we went to try Souk. The food is comparable to what you would get in Morocco. We had the chicken pastilla appetizer which had a light flaky phyllo crust with tender chicken and spices inside. Delicious. The lamb tagine was good, nice portion for the price. Lots of lamb and vegetables, although a bit on the dry side. Wish it had more au jus sauce and that it would have come in a traditional tagine pot. The dishes were well seasoned and flavorful. For dessert we had the Pomegranate cheesecake and the Kaab el Ghazal. Both were a nice finish to the meal. All in all a good experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but priceyPeterDined on 7/3/2014Good fun and tasty if a tad bit expensive for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBowieDined on 7/1/2014Went to celebrate a new job with my fiancé, the food was perfect, excellent service exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager/ownerFoodieoneDined on 6/29/2014Tried a new Middle Eastern place that was well worth the visit. The food , drinks, and value were excellent. Will definitely return. The only complaint is that the owner/mgr, not really sure who he was, was not very friendly or welcoming? I would think that newcomers would be welcomed & greeted by this person. He appeared to be either a mgr or owner, but not really sure because he never spoke to us or come over to make sure all was OK. The waiter was excellent & far more gracious than the silver haired pompous person. Bartender, young girl was extremely slow on the drinks, but they have a jalapeño-strawberry drink that was outstanding! Portions large & food was very tasty. Will return , but hope to have different people thereSpecial Features:
- gotta try itArminskyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good. Beef Kabobs were a little over done, but the rest was great. Service was a bit slow and sporadic : We got our meals before we received our bar order !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotFoodie365Dined on 6/28/2014Great dinner place for any occasion. I celebrated my birthday with 6 friends and will definitely go back within the month. Something on the menu for everyone in the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Delicious!DallasDinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Love Trinity Groves and want to try each restaurant. I was not expecting the food at Souk to be outstanding, but it was! Beautiful presentations, good selection, superb service. I highly recommend and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- DisappointingseniorVIPDined on 6/27/2014We sat outside which was very nice. We had the Souk Platter for the first course which was the best part of the meal. The Fez Beet Salad and the Mediterranean salad were OK but small, 3-4 bitesbites and were $10 and $13. The flat bread was nothing to write home about. The real disappointment came with the entrees and dessert. We had the Arabic chicken Tagine which was half a chicken in a bowl of water soup little sauce, partially cooked potatoes and bland seasoning. The chicken shawarma was very dry and not like the shawarma I have had in other places in Dallas or my travels in the middle east. For dessert we had Baklava which was very dry. It was a disappointing evening.