313 N. Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sottosottorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 523-6678
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm-12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Riccardo Ullio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Will accommodate most party sizes, please call for details.
A word from Sotto Sotto
The shortest route to Sotto Sotto's charms lies through its fresh pasta, with "simple" and "traditional" being the bywords.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sotto Sotto - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Sotto Sotto reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (136)neighborhood gem (128)special occasion (106)romantic (105)notable wine list (96)great for outdoor dining (54)hot spot (31)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Recommended by a local as their favorite.1jhlocalDined on 11/15/2014We live in Jackson, Wyo. We had an overnight stay during an international trip and LOVED Sotto Sotto. The menu was innovative, the food outstanding, service impeccable without being obsequious. Best risotto I have ever had, including in Italy. Was worth the $40 taxi fare from the airport hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestJonYosiDined on 11/14/2014Yet another overrated restaurant. The pasta (ravioli with veal and sausage) was awful -- gritty, greasy and flavorless. Poor pasta is unacceptable in an Italian restaurant. The antipasti was Publix deli quality. The whole fish was the only redeeming feature of the entire meal
- Never going back.BrhelfmDined on 11/14/2014I have eaten at Sotto Sotto several times and this was a special occasion that my boyfriend and I planned. When the server told us about the specials for the evening, he specifically stated the prices for everything which was nice to know. At the end of his spiel, he casually told us that the restaurant had "leftover" white truffles and that we could add it to any of the pasta dishes. When the bill came, there was a $60 charge for the truffle shavings. This was approximately double what our entrees were, combined. While I have no qualm with the market price for a truffle, I do have an issue with the way he mislead us to believe that there was zero additional charge for adding the truffle. When my boyfriend politely asked him why he didn't tell us the price originally, the waiter didn't say anything to acknowledge his oversight and was incredibly condescending. I have been to many well-established restaurants in Atlanta and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. In the end, we will not return to an establishment that has no problem misleading their guests.
- excellent, againhermanmelvilleDined on 11/1/2014Super service, great food (esp risotto), strong wine options. A little crowded and loud, but overall first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014I had been there before, many years ago. It was just as wonderful as I remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014After having been to Italy twice, my wife and I have fallen in love with the country, oh - and the food too. The second time to Italy we brought our two daughters. So to continue our cultural enrichment we planned a night in downtown to consist of a nice dinner and Phantom of the Opera which was playing at the Fox (which was literally 6 minutes away). Since we all love Italian food we searched out this restaurant and was very pleased with its location, very friendly staff, menu, and excellent tasting food. One of our daughters, who is 10, has a gluten sensitivity so she ordered a meat and cheese plate which I have never seen her do - she loved it. The other three of us ordered pasta dishes which brought back memories of Italy.Special Features:
- FantasticMikeDined on 10/26/2014Just an all around great restaurant and great experience. The service was perfect and the food incredible.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I traveled from out of town for a date night weekend and this place rocked.Special Features:
- Great food, parking a challengebeltlinebanditVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had a superb meal at a reasonable price. Risotto is always a test of restaurant kitchens and evaluated by individual taste preferences. Sotto Sotto's version was perfectly al dente, but a little more like paella (not quite a creamy) than my concept of risotto. None the less it was excellent as was the salmon and ravioli. Super wine and the service impeccable. Parking wasn't a big deal, but more challenging since we were with my 90 year old father. The tiny restaurant sign is nearly invisible from the road and although the parking attendants were working like mad in a tiny lot off the street behind the restaurant, it took some time getting in and out of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedstarrskierVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been here before and loved it - little did I know this trip was going to be a disaster (and I was entertaining weekend guests). The heater near our patio table wasn't functioning. We ordered a bottle of wine - took 20 mins before it was brought to the table. Once we were able to place an order, I thought things would be better as our appetizer arrived in 'normal' time. There was a ton of activity in the restaurant, with food/wine being brought to a back room - was asked what was going on and were told that the owner was entertaining friends. Meanwhile we waited an hour post app for pasta dishes - one of which had clearly been sitting under a heat lamp because the top was dried out and the plate was very hot.
- Another Special OccasionBruceDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Sotto Sotto and really enjoyed ourselves. Very good service and excellent food made for another very special night. We look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a few missing piecesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Went for a birthday, just two of us, and overall it was a fun dinner. The wine was fantastic, the pasta so fresh and delicious. The downside was the service, and the way they pack in customers tightly (which isn't a bad thing! I was simply hoping for more privacy). Specifics: waiting on the server often, wine wasn't brought out for a long time after we made our selection; asked for all pasta to be boxed up, but only one dish was returned (I'll chalk this up to miscommunication); finally, they brought out a small chocolate dessert with a candle for my date's birthday, told me it was on the house, later I found out I was charged for it (wasn't too upset about this). So, overall a good experience, just a few missing pieces to make it great.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantLove2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Consistently good, wonderful pasta, great waitstaff. Always my #1 choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida foodielive2eatDined on 10/17/2014Absolutely wonderful evening from dining outside on a beautiful evening to the delicious food and outstanding service. Would not go back to Atlanta without patronizing this restaurant! It's truly a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerJbclemsDined on 10/13/2014Anniversary dinner at the perfect place. It was a Monday evening, so the restaurant was not packed. The pasta was delicious! My husband got a tortelli and I got the lasagna. You can tell the noodles are homemade - we both cleaned our plates! The restaurant gave us 2 complementary glasses of champagne and a dessert (the pancotta). Great service. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love the pastaNocooking4meDined on 10/12/2014I have eaten here 3 times and I just love coming back and bringing new people with me. Wine selection great. Fresh meal, service is greatSpecial Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We found this place on a whim while we were visiting Atlanta but so glad we did. The food was excellent. Fresh pasta and just the right amount of sauce. The wine was also very good and complimented the food perfectly. I will be coming here again the next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentDinesoutVIPDined on 10/9/2014My favorite restaurant without a doubt. Service is very attentive and the food is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best mushroom risotto!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/4/2014Didn't disappoint. Wonderful food and service. Tried a great new Italian red blend wine. Melt in your mouth panna cotta.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicePrudenceVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was awesome as always. I typically order the same thing every time and even for restaurant week, the portion size was (almost) the same as usual. Though I love the bread pudding, seriously, it should be served with ice - really!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindInmanParkDinerDined on 9/27/2014Sotto Sotto was on the list of restaurants for Inman Park Restaurant week so I decided to try it as a few co-workers had been raving about it. It definitely lived up to the hype. Our waiter, Terrance, was very nice and accomadating. He gave great food suggestions and we never waited too long for our next course or re-fills. All of the food was superb. We specifically tried the following items which I would all recommend: Cape Sante, Tagliatelle ai Funghi (my fav), Lasagnette alla Bolognese, Risotto Mantecato, and the bread pudding desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian this side of ItalyCimiceDiGiugnoDined on 9/27/2014Three of us dined at Sotto Sotto on the anniversary of our girls' trip to Tuscany. What an impressive meal! The wine list had an extensive collection of Italian wines. The wait staff made excellent food recommendations and nothing disappointed us! I think I will need to return to Atlanta again soon just to eat the AMAZING risotto and devine chocolate soup. So worth the money, but amazingly reasonable considering the quality and amount of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome restaurantfghjDined on 9/26/2014great restaurant and the food was delicious!! Would definitely recommend to my friends for an ideal date spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotlocalspotfinderVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food at Sotto Sotto is EXCELLENT. Ambiance is on point, especially in the quaint outdoor dining area. Service was less than desired but waitress may have had too many tables. Their restaurant week menu is superb, unlike many of the menus that skimp on the good dishes. Everyone at our table got a different pasta and they were all unique and delicious. We will definitely go back regularly to this spot!Special Features:
- Kinda mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food was good, but no better than you would get from a much cheaper place like Figo. Place is nice, a pleasant place to sit. Service was kinda weird - varying between obsequious and brusque.
- Best Italian in townCatsDined on 9/24/2014The foods are great! and great service, friendly.....Special Features:
- Wonderul and specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This is a great place for 4 or less people. It is small (and romantic and cozy) so I felt that a table for 6 was tight. Food was amazing! Thank you restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureurbanistDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful risotto's and pastas, some familiar but many less so - and the chocolate soup for desert never fails to please. The patio is quieter but a little "blah." The inside is lovely - but can get WAY too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hush Hush!jward0514Dined on 9/23/2014Good luck finding it!!! But you're rewarded when you do :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I have been searching for a good Italian restaurant in Atlanta and we were very disappointed with Sotto Sotto. Not only was the food disappointing, but we were sitting on top of the people to our left and our right - it was difficult to carry on a conversation with the people that you are with because you are sitting in such close quarters to one another. Not only would I not return to this restaurant, I would also tell my friends and family not to go there.
- nice find amongst many optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014went during restaurant week in Inman Park - 1st visit. tried prix fixe menu which had good variety. My server, James, was very familiar with the menu and helped to guide me. I ordered a beet salad and the duck pasta dish. I was very pleased with the quality, presentation, and taste of the food. Would highly recommend to my friends!Special Features:
- agbeansDined on 9/21/2014noisy employees from the bar area. We could hear their conversations. The waiter was clumsy!! The food wasn't fantastic for the high price you pay for the food.
- Great experienceFoodieLoveDined on 9/17/2014The food was wonderful, the drink was strong, and the wait staff and host are too notch. Very welcoming and friendly, it's their service that sets then apart. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Haven't been in a while but must say nothing has changed with regard to the food - still great. Service was excellent, and the noise level due to structural changes in the building is quieter.Special Features:
- Amazing anniversary dinnerColsonDined on 9/13/2014Food, service and place terrific! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Never fails to impress from start to finish. Amazing service that pays attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticjcatlVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food and service are as good as anywhere in town. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialTartuffaDined on 9/12/2014Chose this place for my birthday dinner... Neither of us cared for the olive oil tasting - we ended up ordering butter to go with our bread. And I love olive oil. Veal Chop had very good mushroom sauce which was its one redeeming quality...it was overcooked (medium was suggested). The exclusively Italian wine list was very fine. The best flavors of the night came from the pasta dishes.....the butter/sage ravioli was flavorful, but the hit of the night was the Strangled Priest dish? Sweet fennel sausage in a red sauce - I could have eaten that sauce all night long. My big reasoning behind the lower rating is that the ambiance really was blah......modern/non-descript - no romantic feeling at all - I'm just more into the rustic I guess!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Used to be a special place, complacent now and the food was not fabulous. Pity.Special Features:
- Always a great choice!excapethezipDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant has consistently been a favorite of ours. The food and service has always been impeccable. I never sway from my usual balsamic rissotto and "priest strangler".Special Features: